PDA

View Full Version : First goal on Sunday crucial

Spike Mandela
22-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Fantastic result last night but with a typically Hibby note of caution the tie could all turn on the first goal on Sunday. Hibs get it, its all over hopefully but if Hamilton get it then it turns into a right nerve jangler.

Work still to do.

Waxy
22-05-2014, 09:40 AM
I'd happily take no goals at all.

mutley
22-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd happily take no goals at all.I think we all would, the problem that I see though, if we go into this game thinking we are starting 2-0 up and try to park the bus it could go horrible wrong. I think we should still go on the attack. If we can go in at half time 1-0 up it "SHOULD" be all over, but like many, many fans, I for one, are not taking ANYTHING for granted. Yes we have a geat start going into the match on Sunday but like someone said on another thread, we're only at half time in the play off.C'MON HIBS WE CAN DO THISGGTTH

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I hope we play like its 0-0 and we have to go out and win it again, last night is irrelevant is we don't turn up Sunday.

Colonel_HFC
22-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Yes, the players really need to approach it as though it is 0-0. They should play to try and win the game as though it is a final played over just one game.

truehibernian
22-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Absolutely - tie is not over, couple of times Ben saved us last night when they got in behind and played on edge of the box. Hamilton will feel they can play better but so can Hibs.

I thought we went wide too quickly at times last night when driving through the middle was a better option. Glad I was vindicated playing two smaller nippier strikers as their central pairing are awful.

From the off, get the third that will make it comfortable to play.

jacomo
22-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I think we all would, the problem that I see though, if we go into this game thinking we are starting 2-0 up and try to park the bus it could go horrible wrong. I think we should still go on the attack. If we can go in at half time 1-0 up it "SHOULD" be all over, but like many, many fans, I for one, are not taking ANYTHING for granted. Yes we have a geat start going into the match on Sunday but like someone said on another thread, we're only at half time in the play off.C'MON HIBS WE CAN DO THISGGTTH

:agree: Broad agreement on other threads that the right approach is to bring in Katie for Alex Harris but otherwise leave the team the same. This should give us a touch more composure in midfield but still able to threaten their goal.

Hamilton will need to come out so playing two strikers should enable us to counter attack.