PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lennon to leave?

Auckland Hibs
22-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Just been reading that Lennon is heading for the exit door at Smeltic (according to the Dailymail).

With a bit of luck, hopefully Super Leigh could be shortly behind him - wouldn't that be a decent first summer signing!

:flag:

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Yeah, bookies have suspended betting on Larsson as next Celtic manager.

Be interested to see where Lennon ends up if he does leave Declan Park.

Auckland Hibs
22-05-2014, 09:35 AM

Norwich always seem to be the team mentioned?

Ozyhibby
22-05-2014, 09:37 AM

Declan Park? Been spending time on Rangersmedia?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Can't blame him for wanting to go and test himself at a good level.

He will never get any credit for winning things at Celtic, rightly so to some extent, so might feel he has to go elsewhere to see how good he is.

I think he will prove to be a decent manager.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 09:47 AM

True, but what would be the point? A Championship side that he'd have to get promoted and would never get anywhere near even a EL place if/when back in the Prem.

It could only really be Spurs.

Auckland Hibs
22-05-2014, 09:54 AM
True, but what would be the point? A Championship side that he'd have to get promoted and would never get anywhere near even a EL place if/when back in the Prem.

It's quite a step up if he ended up at Spurs, more likely to be a stepping stone first - Norwich, Blackpool, Fulham ?

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 10:04 AM
It's quite a step up if he ended up at Spurs, more likely to be a stepping stone first - Norwich, Blackpool, Fulham ?

You have a point. There's little doubt he'll not be at Celtic forever, but would you cash in guaranteed Europe every year for the likes of Blackpool? Astonished that it didn't work out for Barry Ferguson at Bloomfield Road... thought he would have proved to be a major managerial talent!

weonlywon6-2
22-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Huge mistake imo if he goes,he will never work for a bigger club nor will he have so little grief from the media cause all he has to do is beat rangers and he is fine
Any move would be downward,imo of course

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Huge mistake imo if he goes,he will never work for a bigger club nor will he have so little grief from the media cause all he has to do is beat rangers and he is fine

He may never work for a bigger club, but there's no shortage of better clubs. He wants a challenge and he's not really getting one at Celtic, other than in Europe. Personally I think it would be ace if he stayed and did 10-in-a-row because the huns would self-combust but can't see him still there in 2021!

weonlywon6-2
22-05-2014, 10:13 AM
He may never work for a bigger club, but there's no shortage of better clubs. He wants a challenge and he's not really getting one at Celtic, other than in Europe. Personally I think it would be ace if he stayed and did 10-in-a-row because the huns would self-combust but can't see him still there in 2021!

I suppose it depends who you class as a better club,something like Norwich or Blackpool is not exactly setting the heather on fire.
I personaly dont mind him and not fussed if he stays or goes but odd oneif he does go

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2014, 10:17 AM
You have a point. There's little doubt he'll not be at Celtic forever, but would you cash in guaranteed Europe every year for the likes of Blackpool? Astonished that it didn't work out for Barry Ferguson at Bloomfield Road... thought he would have proved to be a major managerial talent!

Anyone who manages Blackpool has to be either very special or very lucky Ian Holloway was both for a couple of seasons. The oystons who own the club are strangling it, taking every penny of the parachute payments out the club and into their own personal bank accounts.

Blackpool will struggle to stay in the Championship this coming season, it would not surprise me if they were relegated. There is no investment forthcoming for this club these days, and unless they get a manager who can work miracles like Holloway did, they are only going one way and its not upwards.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 10:17 AM
I suppose it depends who you class as a better club,something like Norwich or Blackpool is not exactly setting the heather on fire.
I personaly dont mind him and not fussed if he stays or goes but odd oneif he does go

No, I don't see him going to either of these clubs - they weren't my suggestions. If that prick Ashley wasn't skimming £100m a year from Newcastle United then I'd be happy to see him at St James' Park. Is Newcastle a bigger club than Celtic? No. Does it have more potential than Celtic? Yes.

Callum_62
22-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Keith Jackson twitter

Neil lennon to stand down as celtic manager. Statement expected later today.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-news-neil-lennon-stand-3587279

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27519596

Pretty Boy
22-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Official(ish):

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27519596

Ryan91
22-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Standing down due to concerns over the playing budget (according to the BBC)

Beggars belief really, sounds like he wanted more money to spend and wasn't getting it. Already got the biggest playing budget in Scotland and he still wants more to spend.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2014, 11:04 AM

what about the Scottish fans?

The bile, the batterings and general hatred he's been shown in this country?

Good move IMO.

He'll see nothing like that down south. If he moves there.

Jones28
22-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Oh great, they're will be **** all else in the papers for 3 weeks then.

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2014, 11:07 AM
what about the Scottish fans?

The bile, the batterings and general hatred he's been shown in this country?

Good move IMO.

He'll see nothing like that down south. If he moves there.

and the childish ignorant jibes at his hair colour, like it makes him less of a human being :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Oh great, they're will be **** all else in the papers for 3 weeks then.

i think it will be a good thing leaving us out of the limelight, for a while at least

Keith_M
22-05-2014, 11:14 AM
For various reasons, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Though there has been speculation for a couple of years, he has never given the impression he was for the off so has kept this one very close to his chest if he has indeed been thinking about it a while. I always thought he'd be the sort of guy who would want to say good bye to the fans and if he was leaving, would have announced it before the end of the season. This is making me think he has had an offer from elsewhere or an argument with the board. Or both. Perhaps the Samaras thing (Lennon allegedly wanting to keep him and the board saying no) has had something to do with it.

Tottenham, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom and Norwich will all potentially need new managers this summer. Could be others if a merry-go round takes place. E.g. Martinez leaves Everton for Spurs or Arsenal (I'm still not convinced Wenger will stay especially now they have won a trophy he may think it is time to go as he can go without the never won anything in 9 years chat hanging over his head though now he'd have "he only won 1 cup in 9 years" instead!).

For Lennon, Southampton, Villa and West Brom would all be good moves and just about right for both parties. If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job which he would be very lucky to get and it would be a gamble for Everton as I think they are bigger than Lennon just now. I also think Spurs would want a bigger name but if he got that job he would really have landed on his feet.

Think Lennon is better than a Championship team (going to would be a big gamble as he could get stuck in the Championship for a few years which would kill his CV) but not good enough for an Everton or a Spurs. His level at the moment is a mid to lower table Premiership team.

Moyes for Celtic anyone?

Callum_62
22-05-2014, 11:18 AM
If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job
Moyes for Celtic anyone?

Why would Martinez leave??

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Ginger out Ginger in.

Alex Trager
22-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Though there has been speculation for a couple of years, he has never given the impression he was for the off so has kept this one very close to his chest if he has indeed been thinking about it a while. I always thought he'd be the sort of guy who would want to say good bye to the fans and if he was leaving, would have announced it before the end of the season. This is making me think he has had an offer from elsewhere or an argument with the board. Or both. Perhaps the Samaras thing (Lennon allegedly wanting to keep him and the board saying no) has had something to do with it.

Tottenham, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom and Norwich will all potentially need new managers this summer. Could be others if a merry-go round takes place. E.g. Martinez leaves Everton for Spurs or Arsenal (I'm still not convinced Wenger will stay especially now they have won a trophy he may think it is time to go as he can go without the never won anything in 9 years chat hanging over his head though now he'd have "he only won 1 cup in 9 years" instead!).

For Lennon, Southampton, Villa and West Brom would all be good moves and just about right for both parties. If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job which he would be very lucky to get and it would be a gamble for Everton as I think they are bigger than Lennon just now. I also think Spurs would want a bigger name but if he got that job he would really have landed on his feet.

Think Lennon is better than a Championship team (going to would be a big gamble as he could get stuck in the Championship for a few years which would kill his CV) but not good enough for an Everton or a Spurs. His level at the moment is a mid to lower table Premiership team.

Moyes for Celtic anyone?

Southampton? Have they gotten rid of poterino? Sp?

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Why would Martinez leave??

If arsenal or spurs offered him big bucks then he might. Not saying they would or he would go but stranger things have happened.

Alex Trager
22-05-2014, 11:22 AM
If arsenal or spurs offered him big bucks then he might. Not saying they would or he would go but stranger things have happened.

Arsene signed a new contract I think man

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 11:23 AM
and the childish ignorant jibes at his hair colour, like it makes him less of a human being :rolleyes:

I will do time if there is any gingerism on this board.

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Rumoured to be catching the eye of bigger clubs (spurs and a few in Europe) and doesn't have the best relationship with owners.

jonny
22-05-2014, 11:24 AM

Malky Mackay is odds on for that one now. Expect an announcement in the next day or two.

Alex Trager
Rumoured to be catching the eye of bigger clubs (spurs and a few in Europe) and doesn't have the best relationship with owners.

Ah I see. They would be mental to let him
Go. I think he is a very a good coach. Or at least he has showed that to be the case

silverhibee
My money would be on Moyes replacing Lennon.

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Arsene signed a new contract I think man

Didn't know that. I thought there was still talk that there was an outside chance he could leave or move upstairs.

MrRobot
22-05-2014, 11:26 AM
That's him gone.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27519596 (http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27519596)

EdinMike
22-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Glad to see him go, time for him to prove he really is a good coach.

Jones28
22-05-2014, 11:29 AM

What about majalby?

jacomo
Lennon didn't do much to quash the speculation linking him to the Norwich job, but I assumed relegation might have spiked that move.

Presumably he's got a job lined up, though.

The Sea-gull

Mine too. Moyes is Celtic minded and a name that would appease their fans. He might just fancy a wee while out of England to rebuild his reputation and come home for a bit. Easy job for him, league title every year for the foreseeable. Huge pressure to make the champions league group stages every year though. Failing to do that at Celtic is like Man United, arsenal, man city or Chelsea failing to finish top 4 in the premiership in terms of fan dissappointment.

BH Hibs
For various reasons, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Me too number one reason being he's a prick. That's regardless of his religion, nationality, political leanings or hair colour.

Scorrie
22-05-2014, 11:30 AM
What about Leicester City? I know they have just been promoted and Pearson has done a good job but with very ambitious owners wanting to spend big, they may think that Pearson's taken them as far as he can and Lennon is still a hero there from playing days. What happened to Malky MacKay shows that EPL owners are ruthless if need be

Pretty Boy
22-05-2014, 11:36 AM
The response of a couple of Ranger fans that are friends of a friend on Facebook:

'On the drink all weekend now that fat, ginger fenian ******* has gone. Hang Neil Lennon hang him high that i might see the ******* die.;

'canny be bothered wi that silly fat ginger **** i'll send um bomb threat masel soon i'll punch the **** oot him for being a 2 faced Irish ginger sex case.'

'He's a dirty wee fenian **** he deserves to get a kicking the smelly rodent. Monkeys have more brains than that tattie picker.'

Wonder why he wants to leave Scotland in the 21st century?

Nutmegged
22-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Luckiest manager in Celtic history, feel he's made a major personal mistake but I'm sure he'll be well compensated down South.

no real challenge for 2 of his 3 years and the year he did get a challenge the soon to be Zombies put the noose around their own neck.

Showed his extreme naivety last year in the CL qualifiers against those sheep slaughters when he paired up CBs for the first time away from home, madness and a move by a novice not a guy in what is considered a top job for 3 years.

He was very bad forCeltic's image, I think in the cold light of day celtic willl be delighted to get rid

Paperboy
22-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Quite weird...my dad told me a few weeks ago that someone in his local told him Lennon was away and Moyes was set to replace him. Didn't think anything of it as if I beleived half the stuff my dad heard in a pub the world would be a brighter place!

Baader
22-05-2014, 11:46 AM
The response of a couple of Ranger fans that are friends of a friend on Facebook:

'On the drink all weekend now that fat, ginger fenian ******* has gone. Hang Neil Lennon hang him high that i might see the ******* die.;

'canny be bothered wi that silly fat ginger **** i'll send um bomb threat masel soon i'll punch the **** oot him for being a 2 faced Irish ginger sex case.'

'He's a dirty wee fenian **** he deserves to get a kicking the smelly rodent. Monkeys have more brains than that tattie picker.'

They really are knuckledraggers that fall for all that sectarian bull.... They don't realise all it is designed to do is keep them and their mindless like firmly in their place on the bottom rung of the ladder.

bigwheel
22-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Luckiest manager in Celtic history, feel he's made a major personal mistake but I'm sure he'll be well compensated down South.

no real challenge for 2 of his 3 years and the year he did get a challenge the soon to be Zombies put the noose around their own neck.

Showed his extreme naivety last year in the CL qualifiers against those sheep slaughters when he paired up CBs for the first time away from home, madness and a move by a novice not a guy in what is considered a top job for 3 years.

He was very bad forCeltic's image, I think in the cold light of day celtic willl be delighted to get rid

I couldn't disagree more with what you've said here. Lennon has done an excellent job as a Celtic manager. There is no doubt as a player both off an on the park he had his issues, but as a manager he has grown into the job and matured as a man. Of course he had a challenging CL last year, it is the top standard after all, but before that and since then his team have been overall very impressive ...if he does move on I wish him luck - one of the few managers who consistently sticks up for Scottish football...

leggeto
22-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Won't be missed by the rest of us,he will get shown up in a more competitive league but he has to try

bigwheel
22-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Owen Coyle might be worth a bet....

green&left
22-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Personally don't mind him. Always seems very well spoken, sticks up the game and was the first to notice or at least mention in public how utterly s***3 refereeing is in this country. Good luck to him.

Coyle for Celtic? Malky Mackay maybe?

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 11:56 AM
I couldn't disagree more with what you've said here. Lennon has done an excellent job as a Celtic manager. There is no doubt as a player both off an on the park he had his issues, but as a manager he has grown into the job and matured as a man. Of course he had a challenging CL last year, it is the top standard after all, but before that and since then his team have been overall very impressive ...if he does move on I wish him luck - one of the few managers who consistently sticks up for Scottish football...

Definitely agree with this.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Personally don't mind him. Always seems very well spoken, sticks up the game and was the first to notice or at least mention in public how utterly s***3 refereeing is in this country. Good luck to him.

Coyle for Celtic? Malky Mackay maybe?

Henrik Larrson 2/7 at the bookies.

Edit: best price is 4/5 at Ladbrokes. Moyes 7/1 and Coyle 10/1.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 11:57 AM
he will get shown up in a more competitive league but he has to try

You're basing that assumption on what, precisely?

green&left
22-05-2014, 11:58 AM

A massive jump for him. Has Franck Sauzee written all over it for me!

Then again Lennon didn't have much experience as manager before his 4 year spell...

magpie1892

Lots of books have been closed.

Moyes at 7s looks a decent bet.

Haymaker
Good. Hope he doesnt go to Southampton, will ruin all the good work there.

hibs4thecup1988
22-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Standing down due to concerns over the playing budget (according to the BBC)

Beggars belief really, sounds like he wanted more money to spend and wasn't getting it. Already got the biggest playing budget in Scotland and he still wants more to spend.

He obviously wanted to take Celtic into latter stages of the Champions League. The SPL at the moment is nothing for them and this will be the last season(possibly) they will be able to attract big name players ahead of The Rankgers. Every right to ask for more cash!

ScottB
22-05-2014, 12:05 PM
He obviously wanted to take Celtic into latter stages of the Champions League. The SPL at the moment is nothing for them and this will be the last season(possibly) they will be able to attract big name players ahead of The Rankgers. Every right to ask for more cash!

His stock is still high with victory over Barca still relatively fresh in the memory. Rightly he is presumably concerned that, if he thinks he can't get them consistently mixing it in the group stage, he should move on, because that's what's going to keep his stock high and in the thoughts of clubs in bigger leagues; just winning trophies in Scotland isn't enough.

Lago
22-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Won't be miss by the rest of us,he will get shown up in a more competitive league but he has to try

I tend to agree. I feel he thinks he is a better manager than he really is and believes he should be at a club from the top end of the EPL. More likely to be lower end of that league or the championship.

J-C
22-05-2014, 12:08 PM
He's proved nothing as yet as a manager, winning the league up here with their budget, well anyone on this forum could do it, I think he'll be found out down south.

Owen Coyle would be a good shout, they wanted him before and he's available for nowt, David Moyes is now too big for Scottish football and will be looking at either EPL or maybe abroad, McNamara is also being touted.

leggeto
22-05-2014, 12:09 PM
You're basing that assumption on what, precisely?

Probably the lack of competition he's had with the difference in money with Celtic and the rest of us

HibbySpurs
22-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Behave yersel!!!!!

Lennon has the potential to be a very good manager but no way is he ready for the pressure of the spurs job.

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 12:14 PM

Absolutely mate. Some supporters take things far too seriously in this country. I'm surprised Neil Lennon lasted as long as he did.

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Pochettino's definitely been quoted and in the running for the Spurs job. Southampton are a good team at the moment as well, they also have a good youth academy. Pochettino has quite a good reputation, from his time at Espanyol and Southampton are a good team to watch too. That would be a great move for Lennon if it should arise. I don't know about Villa really, Lambert seems to have lived a charmed life there but the owner wants out and that might change things. Villa have always had a Scottish representation, either in the playing/ management staff or on the board, it's built in to their constitution, so Lennon would probably take any Scottish backroom staff with him. Personally I wouldn't touch West Brom after the way they treated Steve Clarke.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Absolutely mate. Some supporters take things far too seriously in this country. I'm surprised Neil Lennon lasted as long as he did.

:agree:Also have you noticed how the majority of "some supporters" are from the more westerly side of Scotland? Namely Weedigeland.......:greengrin

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Probably the lack of competition he's had with the difference in money with Celtic and the rest of us

So just supposition, then. You should have qualified your statement thus!

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Horrible little prick, glad he has gone.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Behave yersel!!!!!

Lennon has the potential to be a very good manager but no way is he ready for the pressure of the spurs job.

Given what he's dealt with in Scotland, he's easily ready for 'the pressure' of the Spurs job!

p.s. Moyes for CP has come in from 7s to 3/1 & 11/4 in less than an hour.

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Owen Coyle might be worth a bet....

Forgot about him. Cheap, available and Celtic minded though his stock has nose dived in the last couple of years so may not be seen as a big enough name any more. Can't help but feel Coyle may now have to think about a lower English team (and I mean not even a top Championship team) or a Aberdeen/Dundee United/(dare I say) Hibs to rebuild his reputation.

I wonder if Mark McGhee has cleared his diary in case he gets a call about the Celtic job?

Deansy
22-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Think Lennon will get a championship-club, get found out after 1/2 seasons, take a break from the game, re-appear with a 2nd/3rd division-club, get found out after 1/2 seasons, then take up a permanent job with BBC Scot as one of their 'experts'.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Anyone who manages Blackpool has to be either very special or very lucky Ian Holloway was both for a couple of seasons. The oystons who own the club are strangling it, taking every penny of the parachute payments out the club and into their own personal bank accounts.

Blackpool will struggle to stay in the Championship this coming season, it would not surprise me if they were relegated. There is no investment forthcoming for this club these days, and unless they get a manager who can work miracles like Holloway did, they are only going one way and its not upwards.

Barry Ferguson was at the game last night BH, do you think he will keep his job at Blackpool.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 12:39 PM
What about majalby?

He has already left celtc.

leggeto
22-05-2014, 12:44 PM
So just supposition, then. You should have qualified your statement thus!

Just giving an opinion Mr angry that's what happens on here

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 12:47 PM
A massive jump for him. Has Franck Sauzee written all over it for me!

Then again Lennon didn't have much experience as manager before his 4 year spell...

Would be delighted if they got Larrson as the new manager, it would be a f***ing disaster for them.

Great player but no chance he should get the job just because he was a good goal scorer for them but happy if they do get him. :greengrin

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Has big Sam been sacked yet. :greengrin

The Modfather
22-05-2014, 12:53 PM
What does "Celtic minded" mean. Seen a few folk mention it in relation to possible replacements. Does it just mean Catholic?

Weststandwanab
22-05-2014, 01:01 PM
:agree:Also have you noticed how the majority of "some supporters" are from the more westerly side of Scotland? Namely Weedigeland.......:greengrin

Well said.

What does "Celtic minded" mean. Seen a few folk mention it in relation to possible replacements. Does it just mean Catholic?

Brain washed - just ask Leigh

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 01:06 PM

Probably means the same as "we need a Hibs man in charge of our club." Complete nonsense. But the sellik mongs always roll the "sellik minded" crap out when they are looking for a new manager.

Scorrie
22-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Barry Ferguson was at the game last night BH, do you think he will keep his job at Blackpool.

Hasn't Ferguson been punted by Blackpool? They let loads of players go last week I think.

whiskyhibby
22-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I reckon he will sink without a trace in the next 18m, a trained monkey could mange Celtic to the league title........

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Norwich bound!!

Seveno
22-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Jackie MacNamara to replace him would be my bet. Cheapest option.

Haymaker
22-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Has big Sam been sacked yet. :greengrin

Don't you give WHU any ideas!

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I really hope they go for Lambert, that'd bring them right back to the pack, he's pish.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2014, 01:36 PM

He's gone matey, left about a fortnight ago. He will probably end up back at the new huns doing a Thomson and playing for pocket money i'd imagine.

He's not in my opinion a manager, and his days as a footballer are numbered.

bigwheel
22-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Punted last week. Had been caretaker manager. Three wins from the last 20 matches suggested he probably wasn't the man for the job.

Oh you've opened up a "can of beans" with that stat...is there another manager with that type of record around ?? ;-).

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Would be delighted if they got Larrson as the new manager, it would be a f***ing disaster for them.

Great player but no chance he should get the job just because he was a good goal scorer for them but happy if they do get him. :greengrin
Well seemingly he's the clear favourite, but I'm not sure that he would definitely go for the job, even if it meant playing in the Champions League. I'll probably be proved totally wrong, but not convinced Larsson loves Celtic as much as they loved him. Brilliant player mind you, at virtually all the clubs he played at.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 01:50 PM
He's not in my opinion a manager

He's barely homo sapiens.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Oh you've opened up a "can of beans" with that stat...is there another manager with that type of record around ?? ;-).

Hence why I deleted the post..!

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Well seemingly he's the clear favourite, but I'm not sure that he would definitely go for the job, even if it meant playing in the Champions League. I'll probably be proved totally wrong, but not convinced Larsson loves Celtic as much as they loved him. Brilliant player mind you, at virtually all the clubs he played at.

Larsson's still favourite - but only just as he's drifting according to oddschecker while Moyes continues to come in. I don't see the Celtic board going for Larsson. I stuck twenty sheets on Moyes at 8/1.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 01:55 PM
He's gone matey, left about a fortnight ago. He will probably end up back at the new huns doing a Thomson and playing for pocket money i'd imagine.

He's not in my opinion a manager, and his days as a footballer are numbered.

Cheers mate, didn't even know that he was launched by Blackpool, what about Malky Thomson did get the bullet too.

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Larsson's still favourite - but only just as he's drifting according to oddschecker while Moyes continues to come in. I don't see the Celtic board going for Larsson. I stuck twenty sheets on Moyes at 8/1.
That could be an excellent bet magpie, latest odds from Paddy Power:

Larsson 6/4
Moyes 11/4
McNamara 9/2
Malky Mackay 13/2
Coyle 8/1
Lambert 10/1

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 02:05 PM
That could be an excellent bet magpie, latest odds from Paddy Power:

Larsson 6/4
Moyes 11/4
McNamara 9/2
Malky Mackay 13/2
Coyle 8/1
Lambert 10/1

Moyes is 2/1 now with BWIN and Larsson is 2/1 with Laddy's. There's little doubt Moyes will have been approached and I think he'll be in post pretty quickly. Just my opinion, of course, but at least I put my money where my mouth is! Should maybe have gone for a ton...

J-C
22-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Moyes is 2/1 now with BWIN and Larsson is 2/1 with Laddy's. There's little doubt Moyes will have been approached and I think he'll be in post pretty quickly. Just my opinion, of course, but at least I put my money where my mouth is! Should maybe have gone for a ton...

Police making investigations about an assault re Moyes in a wine bar last night :wink:

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I was in BetFred about an hour ago and there's been a flood of money for him this morning. For the price to come down like that you'd have to imagine he could very well be the new Celtic manager within the next week.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Police making investigations about an assault re Moyes in a wine bar last night :wink:

Got a link?

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I was in BetFred about an hour ago and there's been a flood of money for him this morning. For the price to come down like that you'd have to imagine he could very well be the new Celtic manager within the next week.

Aye, he was 9s/10s at midday. I'm not going to regret losing £20, but I am going to regret not sticking a ton on him if he gets the gig!

ChicagoHibee
22-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Dust off the Chosen One banner.

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Aye, he was 9s/10s at midday. I'm not going to regret losing £20, but I am going to regret not sticking a ton on him if he gets the gig!
I still can't get any prices for relegation in the spfl next season, was wanting to take St Midden but can't seem to get scottish relegation prices anywhere, just England (Burnley 4/7).

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Dust off the Chose One banner.

BWIN have closed the book.

heretoday
22-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Moyes might fancy the soft life for a couple of years.

magpie1892
22-05-2014, 02:28 PM
I still can't get any prices for relegation in the spfl next season, was wanting to take St Midden but can't seem to get scottish relegation prices anywhere, just England (Burnley 4/7).

They won't open the book until the Hibs/Hamilton tie is completed. You should be able to get prices on Monday.

I reckon you're buying money on Burnley at 4/7 but I'd have give you any money that Palace were doomed last season!

Captain Trips
22-05-2014, 02:39 PM

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo/22139327.cms

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Cheers mate, didn't even know that he was launched by Blackpool, what about Malky Thomson did get the bullet too.

I dont know matey?

Weststandwanab
22-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Jackie MacNamara to replace him would be my bet. Cheapest option.

I agree - cheap = best value for money to the Sellick Minded

Dust off the Chosen One banner.

And change to The Obvious One.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I agree - cheap = best value for money to the Sellick Minded

And change to The Obvious One.

Think McNamara has 3 years left on his contract, may cost a bit to release him

Baader
22-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Surely they'll be looking at Moyes... Would be a good appointment if he's interested I think.

J-C
22-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Got a link?http://www.itv.com/news/2014-05-22/ex-manchester-united-boss-david-moyes-accused-of-assaulting-man-during-lancashire-bar-fight/

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Norwich bound!!

Neil Adams gets the gig at Norwich.