PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths banned from attending all Hibs matches?

SkintHibby
21-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Heard Leigh wanted to be there tonight but Celtic have banned him attending any Hibs matches.

Heard from a mate of his from his Livi days.

erskine-hibby
22-05-2014, 12:01 AM
A bit pathetic really.

.Sean.
22-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Pathetic.

They really, really hate that he has absolutely no affection for Celtic and only sees them as a wage. Not 'Celtic minded' enough for them. Fannies.

givescotlandfreedom
22-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Not pretending to be a Celtc fan since before you were born us a crime out there. Shame they haven't banned greeting puss Lennon from attending Hibs games instead.

Hibeesmad
22-05-2014, 12:09 AM
I know that he was causing their club a bit of problems in the media at the derby but he is a hibs supporter, always has been and always will be, if they had any sort of class they would let him attend the game as a supporter, he's just won the league, give the boy a break

ScottB
22-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Like that apparently attending Hibs games is a greater crime for the than associating with the IRA...

Saorsa
22-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Like that apparently attending Hibs games is a greater crime for the than associating with the IRA...well for them it probably is. :agree:

Speedway
22-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Is he allowed to attend Hamilton games?

Weststandwanab
22-05-2014, 06:22 AM
This is good news imo.

Another nail in the coffin towards Leigh returning home.

22-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Pathetic absolutely pathetic. I understand them giving him his disciplinary after singing the Rudi song and I imagine Lennon has had strict words with him about his conduct etc. but to ban him from going to support the team he has loved and supported since he was a kid is completely wrong IMO.

If a celtic player when injured of whatever had gone and sat in with the celtic supporters and had been caught singing songs against rangers, do you think they would ban him from ever mixing with celtic support at games again?! would they hell.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Another reason I hate Celtic. Pathetic butch of fannies.

22-05-2014, 06:36 AM

:agree: far too obsessed with their own self-importance.

3pm
22-05-2014, 07:02 AM
No way he'll stick to it! :o)

greenlex
22-05-2014, 07:04 AM
I bet he is at ER on Sunday.

Golden Bear
22-05-2014, 07:07 AM
What about free movement of citizens within the EU not to mention the European Court of Human Rights?

Where's that wee fat hawrts prick Salmond now?

:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 07:14 AM

In disguise:agree:

No one will recognise him with his baldy:greengrin

Mixu62
22-05-2014, 07:22 AM
In disguise:agree:

No one will recognise him with his baldy:greengrin

Can we disguise him as Collins and play him?!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 07:28 AM

We can try !

Hermit Crab
22-05-2014, 07:41 AM
I though I seen him in the stand last night??

Ronniekirk
22-05-2014, 07:42 AM

He should be there if he wants to .There is no way Celtic could impose a ban and restrict his freedom of movement like that He is more likely to have been advised that until the beaks have dealt with his case he would be better not putting himself into a situation where he could get set up as he is someone the press love to rubbish and will look for any story .so they probably want to take him out the limelight for a while .
Maybe Lennon will chaperone him

We should sing The he's one of our own song and add at end , Niel Lennon let him come home .

Moon unit
22-05-2014, 07:48 AM

What would happen to say Chris Commons...if he went to see Norwich or Colchester Utd or whoever is boyhood team may be?...Sad and Pathetic!

Onion
22-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Sometimes people need to be protected from themselves. There would be more media attention on what LG is doing than on the match itself. For his own good, he needs to steer clear of ER.

PercyHibs
22-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Pathetic.

They really, really hate that he has absolutely no affection for Celtic and only sees them as a wage. Not 'Celtic minded' enough for them. Fannies.

I'm sure Lennon is trying to create a team spirit at Celtic. Why would thy want a boy who has no affection for them and shouts from the rooftops about supporting another team. He doesn't have to have supported Celtic all his life.

Like at hibs, the Celtic fans will want to embrace griffiths and make him their own. But they're struggling.
Sportsmen should have a winners mentality no matter the wages. I'm sure that's how most players have got where they are. Maybe that's what's missing at hibs at the moment.

I love griffiths and love he's a hibs fan but if I was a Celtic fan I wouldn't be too happy with griffiths.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 08:11 AM
What would happen to say Chris Commons...if he went to see Norwich or Colchester Utd or whoever is boyhood team may be?...Sad and Pathetic!

Probably nothing because they are arse sooks to him.

Nutmegged
22-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I have no idea if this is true but if it is then you can hardly fault the club, if you want to blame anyone then blame the fellow Hibs fan who thought it was a good idea to film him and upload it for public consumption/scrutiny

Leigh did himself no favours but at least he didn't hang one of his own out to dry!

greenlex
22-05-2014, 08:21 AM
What would happen to say Chris Commons...if he went to see Norwich or Colchester Utd or whoever is boyhood team may be?...Sad and Pathetic! Nothing as Commons can behave himself and is savvy enough not to do anything stupid. Griffiths only has himself to blame here.

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 08:22 AM

Nae chance.... As soon as he scored his cover would be blown... :wink:

McIntosh
22-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Lets put him out of his misery and bring him home.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 01:38 PM
He should be there if he wants to .There is no way Celtic could impose a ban and restrict his freedom of movement like that He is more likely to have been advised that until the beaks have dealt with his case he would be better not putting himself into a situation where he could get set up as he is someone the press love to rubbish and will look for any story .so they probably want to take him out the limelight for a while .
Maybe Lennon will chaperone him

We should sing The he's one of our own song and add at end , Niel Lennon let him come home .

Spot on Ronnie, no chance celtc have banned him from attending Hibs games, but as you say he will have been advised by someone at the club and his agent if it was best for him to stay away while Scottish Police look for witnesses in to his alleged crime he has committed, the SFA said that they will wait for the Police to investigate the matter before they decide on any punishment for the rudi song, the last thing he needs or celtc is his face plastered over the papers right now, if he attends the Hibs game on Sunday he will be up in the main stand more than likely with a celtc security staff member, but i don't think he will attend imo, you never know, Hibs may not want him at the game either. :tin hat:

I know folk think it's a bit banter and all that but this is very serious for Griffiths, if the Police do decide to charge him and he was to be found guilty of the offence it could be the end of his career, , a judge could impose a banning order on him from attending football matches across the country for a number of years and he wouldn't be a kick in the arse away from going to prison for the offence.

No matter what the Police decide to do i would expect him to be found guilty of the offence by Vince Lunny and his panel and i think they will hammer him in the summer which would see him miss a number of games for celtc next season.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 01:40 PM
I have no idea if this is true but if it is then you can hardly fault the club, if you want to blame anyone then blame the fellow Hibs fan who thought it was a good idea to film him and upload it for public consumption/scrutiny

Leigh did himself no favours but at least he didn't hang one of his own out to dry!

Who said it was a Hibs fan who uploaded the video.?

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 01:50 PM
maybe Stoke or Mansfield Town?

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Spot on Ronnie, no chance celtc have banned him from attending Hibs games, but as you say he will have been advised by someone at the club and his agent if it was best for him to stay away while Scottish Police look for witnesses in to his alleged crime he has committed, the SFA said that they will wait for the Police to investigate the matter before they decide on any punishment for the rudi song, the last thing he needs or celtc is his face plastered over the papers right now, if he attends the Hibs game on Sunday he will be up in the main stand more than likely with a celtc security staff member, but i don't think he will attend imo, you never know, Hibs may not want him at the game either. :tin hat:

I know folk think it's a bit banter and all that but this is very serious for Griffiths, if the Police do decide to charge him and he was to be found guilty of the offence it could be the end of his career, , a judge could impose a banning order on him from attending football matches across the country for a number of years and he wouldn't be a kick in the arse away from going to prison for the offence.

No matter what the Police decide to do i would expect him to be found guilty of the offence by Vince Lunny and his panel and i think they will hammer him in the summer which would see him miss a number of games for celtc next season.

I may be wrong mate but I seriously don't think the SFA can give him a ban as the offence wasn't during a game. A fine is the only sanction available to them but I could be wrong as we all know how they make it up as they go along at Hampden....

H18Y GW
22-05-2014, 02:54 PM
I may be wrong mate but I seriously don't think the SFA can give him a ban as the offence wasn't during a game. A fine is the only sanction available to them but I could be wrong as we all know how they make it up as they go along at Hampden....

Correct and from a senior police officer who is very very close to this and has told the SFA there will be no proceedings or case to answer from Police Scotland ..

Fine from Celtic should be the only punishment

Pat 0-7
22-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm sure Lennon is trying to create a team spirit at Celtic. Why would thy want a boy who has no affection for them and shouts from the rooftops about supporting another team. He doesn't have to have supported Celtic all his life.

Like at hibs, the Celtic fans will want to embrace griffiths and make him their own. But they're struggling.
Sportsmen should have a winners mentality no matter the wages. I'm sure that's how most players have got where they are. Maybe that's what's missing at hibs at the moment.

I love griffiths and love he's a hibs fan but if I was a Celtic fan I wouldn't be too happy with griffiths.

I know a few Celtc fans and none of them like LG.

With Lennon away maybe the new manager will offload him cheap? Over to you Leeann......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 03:47 PM

How we gonna do that?

TheFamous1875
22-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Pathetic butch

Freudian slip, my lad? :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jack Hackett
22-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Nae chance.... As soon as he scored his cover would be blown... :wink:

:tee hee:

southern hibby
22-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Maybe I'm being very ignorant or stupid, but I genuinely do not know how calling someone a refugee is racist. I can understand were said individual can find it offensive but racist.
The papers constantly mention refugees from war torn lands ( is this racist? I think not ) but they do not mention any racist words as they are scared of being taken to court.

Does this mean that he is being investigated for racist or offensive actions. If racist does this mean that papers will need to change the word refugee to something new I'n case of being taken to court too? Or if it is for being offensive, why do I have to listen to the offensive bile that comes from certain sections of Celtic, The Rangers and Herts ( so called fans ), without the Police arresting said fans or using video evidence at a later date to identify them and then arrest them?

GGTTH

dp00
22-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I heard he is allowed to hibs games but only with someone from Celtic ... Prob Scott brown as he goes to homes games when he can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weonlywon6-2
22-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Heard Leigh wanted to be there tonight but Celtic have banned him attending any Hibs matches.

Heard from a mate of his from his Livi days.

Fabulous news,another nail in the coffin of griffiths at celtic,come on hibs you know it makes sense !

Islington Hibs
22-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Maybe I'm being very ignorant or stupid, but I genuinely do not know how calling someone a refugee is racist. I can understand were said individual can find it offensive but racist.
The papers constantly mention refugees from war torn lands ( is this racist? I think not ) but they do not mention any racist words as they are scared of being taken to court.

Does this mean that he is being investigated for racist or offensive actions. If racist does this mean that papers will need to change the word refugee to something new I'n case of being taken to court too? Or if it is for being offensive, why do I have to listen to the offensive bile that comes from certain sections of Celtic, The Rangers and Herts ( so called fans ), without the Police arresting said fans or using video evidence at a later date to identify them and then arrest them?

GGTTH

Agree. Completely against offensive language but really his comments were little more than banter.

We would live in a dull world if you couldn't have a laugh at someone expense. Football is based on rivalry, banter and celebration after all. We're better than you and all that. Perhaps we will all be forced to be nice to Hearts in case ay of the poor dears take offence. :wink:

Ozyhibby
22-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I've tried banning myself from Easter road a few times this season. It's not as easy as you'd think.

Weststandwanab
22-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I know a few Celtc fans and none of them like LG.

With Lennon away maybe the new manager will offload him cheap? Over to you Leeann......

Oh please let that be.

Fabulous news,another nail in the coffin of griffiths at celtic,come on hibs you know it makes sense !

The more nails the better.

Ms. Dempster if you want to be a instant hero do what my fellow bean counter RP could not do, sign Leigh Griffiths.

The stadium will be significantly fuller most home games.

You know it makes sense.

Paisley Hibby
22-05-2014, 07:25 PM

:top marks

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Leigh did himself no favours but at least he didn't hang one of his own out to dry!:agree:

Sir David Gray
22-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Nothing would surprise me with those bunch of fuds.

I despise Celtic with an absolute passion.

GreenLake
22-05-2014, 09:25 PM
He should do a silent protest. Score a spectacular injury time overhead kick own goal playing against Hibs and refuse to celebrate.

Shields Hibee
22-05-2014, 11:55 PM
LG should be allowed to what he wants in his own time. He's a Hibee &'if he wants to attend games, good on him.

I cannot stand Lennon. Would love to see LG hand in a transfer request & Dempster pull out all the stops to bring him home.

Peevemor
23-05-2014, 05:42 AM

Spot on.

If it was the other way round (ie. a Celtc supporting Hibs player) I'd want Hibs to do the same.

ALF TUPPER
23-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Who banned him ? Lennon ? He's "walked away". See you on Sunday then Sparky.

We do what we want :))

Sir David Gray
23-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Spot on.

If it was the other way round (ie. a Celtc supporting Hibs player) I'd want Hibs to do the same.

Would you feel the same if it was an Albion Rovers supporting Hibs player?

Peevemor
23-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Would you feel the same if it was an Albion Rovers supporting Hibs player?

If he was getting the same bad press, then yes.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2014, 11:07 AM
If he was getting the same bad press, then yes.

Fair enough.

I actually agree with you if it was a Celtic supporting Hibs player but that's because they're a bigger club.

If it was a much smaller club that one of our players was going to support, I wouldn't really care less, obviously within reason.

Phil D. Rolls
23-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Maybe it's for his own good. He's been given a yellow card for his behaviour, and possibly they want to protect him from getting in trouble again?

ginger_rice
23-05-2014, 04:47 PM
I've tried banning myself from Easter road a few times this season. It's not as easy as you'd think.

:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2014, 05:15 PM

GGTTH

This is it for me too. I have never heard of the race or ethnic minority of refugees. Also that pub was full of fans all singing that song ... how many of them have been investigated by Police Glasgow?

There my sympathy for LG ends. I have said many times on threads that Hibs should be the natural club of choice for people coming to the South East of Scotland given our roots ..... I hate anything which may affect that ......... including that bloody stupid song

southsider
24-05-2014, 10:13 AM
If we can get 1000 people to pay £20 per week to Suzy at Kids for Kicks we can do this or 2000 @ £10 !

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2014, 10:42 AM

GGTTH

This has been done to death since Skacel arrived, there's other threads where you can read all the arguments from either side.

Maybe the Holy Ground is a better forum to discuss the legal and cultural implications of his actions? This thread seems to be about Celtic's response, rather than bigger issues you are discussing.

southern hibby
24-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Filled Rolls, you are correct saying that it's about Celtic more than the politics. However I believe the two to be linked. Celtic really ( I believe ) have no grounds for banning him. I could give the reasons why I don't think they could but I'll keep the politics out of it.

As for my last post being political I was genuinely asking why it would be considered illegal. Wasn't trying to be for or against but genuinely interested.
GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Filled Rolls, you are correct saying that it's about Celtic more than the politics. However I believe the two to be linked. Celtic really ( I believe ) have no grounds for banning him. I could give the reasons why I don't think they could but I'll keep the politics out of it.As for my last post being political I was genuinely asking why it would be considered illegal. Wasn't trying to be for or against but genuinely interested.GGTTH

If you're genuinely interested there's plenty old threads on the subject. :aok:

Better than having another 30 pager on the subject. They usually get to the stage of why we can call someone a ginger *******, but can't call them a black *******. It all gets really really silly.

The threads also get infiltrated by racists, and act as a great platform for them to recruit gullible people to their hate filled causes.

silverhibee
24-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Filled Rolls, you are correct saying that it's about Celtic more than the politics. However I believe the two to be linked. Celtic really ( I believe ) have no grounds for banning him. I could give the reasons why I don't think they could but I'll keep the politics out of it.

As for my last post being political I was genuinely asking why it would be considered illegal. Wasn't trying to be for or against but genuinely interested.
GGTTH

celtc haven't banned him, nothing official from them just the OP who said he was banned, as i have said there is no chance this has happened, more than likely he has been advised to stay away from Hibs games while SP investigate the matter.

Which would be a wise decision by Griffiths.

silverhibee
24-05-2014, 11:58 AM
If you're genuinely interested there's plenty old threads on the subject. :aok:

Better than having another 30 pager on the subject. They usually get to the stage of why we can call someone a ginger *******, but can't call them a black *******. It all gets really really silly.

The threads also get infiltrated by racists, and act as a great platform for them to recruit gullible people to their hate filled causes.

What a load of pish, probably all the folk on here you accuse of being yams.

heretoday
24-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I would love it if Sparky came back to play for Hibs. He surely will one day. Meanwhile he is a bit of a distraction to be honest.

Phil D. Rolls
24-05-2014, 03:58 PM
What a load of pish, probably all the folk on here you accuse of being yams.

What are you talking about?

Caravanette
24-05-2014, 10:08 PM
If Leigh can come to a HIBS match and behave himself for a change instead of acting like a immature child, then I don't mind. Why do us HIBS fans like the bad boys all the time?:tbgwa:

FranckSuzy
24-05-2014, 11:18 PM
If Leigh can come to a HIBS match and behave himself for a change instead of acting like a immature child, then I don't mind. Why do us HIBS fans like the bad boys all the time?:tbgwa:

I don't remember him 'misbehaving' at ER :confused:

bruno
24-05-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't remember him 'misbehaving' at ER :confused:
just back from my laddies under 16 player of the year presentation.
Leigh came along spent an hour presenting trophies and medals and agea while everyone had their phoro taken.
a lit of opinions are based on news and Internet reports but tonight he was spot on.
he came across as shy and when asked whether lennon or strachan were his favourite manager he said instantly pat fenlon

So hats off to him and good luck when he joins up withbthe scotland squad tomorrow

FranckSuzy
25-05-2014, 11:06 AM
just back from my laddies under 16 player of the year presentation.
Leigh came along spent an hour presenting trophies and medals and agea while everyone had their phoro taken.
a lit of opinions are based on news and Internet reports but tonight he was spot on.
he came across as shy and when asked whether lennon or strachan were his favourite manager he said instantly pat fenlon

So hats off to him and good luck when he joins up withbthe scotland squad tomorrow

Good to hear :aok: