PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

SanFranHibs
21-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Like quite a few on here but unlike many on here I thought we could win this playoff battle and have said so consistently the past couple of weeks.

However, the negative, (cue the realist), posts on this site the past week or so AND after tonights game have me incredulous. Especially the ones after tonights game.

In an admittedly scrappy and not high quality game by BOTH sides tonight we win 0-2 and immediately the 'Harris' is crap posts appear, McGivern only played well against a lower division team posts appear. Before tonight I am sure Cummings had his detractors.

Sorry to disappoint the ones who said that those of us who said we would win were on drugs...but go and get your own prescriptions filled for your anti-depressants.

We all know it has been a shambles this season but this is about supporting the team through this crucial playoff and avoiding the devasting blow to Hibs that it would be should we be relegated.

I know only half the job has been done but we have taken a huge step towards SPL survival and we should all be just supporting EVERY player until we finish this job and then the work of ensuring that next season does not follow the same script.

Well done to the Hibs team and the fans tonight.

A small step for mankind...but a huge leap for Hibs!

:flag:

Let's finish this job together.

Alex Trager
21-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Agree with this. I tend to avoid this board at times. It's painful reading.

SlickShoes
21-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Like quite a few on here but unlike many on here I thought we could win this playoff battle and have said so consistently the past couple of weeks.

However, the negative, (cue the realist), posts on this site the past week or so AND after tonights game have me incredulous. Especially the ones after tonights game.

In an admittedly scrappy and not high quality game by BOTH sides tonight we win 0-2 and immediately the 'Harris' is crap posts appear, McGivern only played well against a lower division team posts appear. Before tonight I am sure Cummings had his detractors.

Sorry to disappoint the ones who said that those of us who said we would win were on drugs...but go and get your own prescriptions filled for your anti-depressants.

We all know it has been a shambles this season but this is about supporting the team through this crucial playoff and avoiding the devasting blow to Hibs that it would be should we be relegated.

I know only half the job has been done but we have taken a huge step towards SPL survival and we should all be just supporting EVERY player until we finish this job and then the work of ensuring that next season does not follow the same script.

I predicted we would lose, I think Harris was not great tonight, I am also overjoyed we won and played half decent.

The last few games leading up to this have been some of the worst performances I have seen in my 24 years of watching hibs, can you blame anyone for thinking we couldn't win against a team that's on the up and missed out on promotion by a point?

c31
21-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Its all about results - if we win everybody did their job so same again on Sunday and we can put this crappy season behind us

Time For Heroes
21-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Agree with this. I tend to avoid this board at times. It's painful reading.

You're ccontributing to it

Alex Trager
21-05-2014, 11:21 PM
You're ccontributing to it

How so?

The Harp Awakes
21-05-2014, 11:25 PM

I agree with you but what I would say is that every Hibs fan I witnessed at the game tonight was massively behind the team. We've had a horrible season and indeed several years but the backing tonight from supporters was tremendous. Had a big impact on the result. We mump and moan but we are always there for the team:thumbsup:

SanFranHibs
21-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I predicted we would lose, I think Harris was not great tonight, I am also overjoyed we won and played half decent.

The last few games leading up to this have been some of the worst performances I have seen in my 24 years of watching hibs, can you blame anyone for thinking we couldn't win against a team that's on the up and missed out on promotion by a point?

We have been dreadful. Indeed I tihnk our season has been the worst I have ever seen.

However, against a lower league team over 2 legs I actually felt reasonably confident.

Slagging off players immediately after a crucial win suggests to me that some fans are disappointed that we won the first leg.

Still a lot of work to do on Sunday but I think we will do it.

The_Exile
21-05-2014, 11:29 PM
It's a common occurrence on the web, and particularly sports teams fans forums. Some folk would buy a pair of shoes a couple of sizes too small to give them something to complain about.

SanFranHibs
21-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I agree with you but what I would say is that every Hibs fan I witnessed at the game tonight was massively behind the team. We've had a horrible season and indeed several years but the backing tonight from supporters was tremendous. Had a big impact on the result. We mump and moan but we are always there for the team:thumbsup:

No argument from me...the fans were tremendous tonight and have been regularly.

I did say I was talking about some posters on this forum.

I am sure I am not the only one who thinks it ridiculous that immediately after a crucial win some people can only come up with the negatives.

As soon as we knew we were in the playoff it was time to rally around the team and try and look at it in perspective. Hamilton have been good but in a lower division. Home and away against a higher divsion team is another matter.

After Sundays game, whatever the outcome, is the time to start the rebuild. We cannot do it before then so right now just get behind the team for one more game even it is a leap of faith.

SkintHibby
21-05-2014, 11:46 PM
I made a comment about our two centre halves up against lower league opposition.

Sorry folks but these 2 are not suddenly decent players or guys who rose to the occasion.

They are what they are, guys that were up against players of an inferior standard.

The Harp Awakes
21-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I made a comment about our two centre halves up against lower league opposition.

Sorry folks but these 2 are not suddenly decent players or guys who rose to the occasion.

They are what they are, guys that were up against players of an inferior standard.

Yep, wouldn't disagree. All isn't right but our team has been written off and slagged off in recent months. Rightfully so. However, we lost no goals tonight in a massively pressurised game. Tonight is not the time to slag any player off. There's a player in McGivern. He's still young and has been poor in many games this season but he stepped up to the mark tonight against a difficult player in Curier. We should give him and the defence credit.