PDA

View Full Version : Heff and a fit Thomson

Ianhibee
21-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Heffernan good tonight - put Robertson and Thomson in front of the back 4 and we might just see this through.

nribs
21-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Heffernan good tonight - put Robertson and Thomson in front of the back 4 and we might just see this through.
Not disagreeing but who is dropping out for Thomo? Harris? Move Stanton out wide?

The Harp Awakes
21-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Not disagreeing but who is dropping out for Thomo? Harris? Move Stanton out wide?

Sundays game is made for Thomson. Definitely him for Harris with the Heff and Cummings up front. No sitting back. We need to be positive.

Ronniekirk
22-05-2014, 08:03 AM
But will. T B play Thomson from start if not 100 percent fit .if he could play like he did against thistle we would be more likely to take the game to. Hamilton and look to score the third goal that would kill the tie .

Steve-O
22-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Thought Robertson was pretty awful in the first leg tbh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 08:12 AM

Nearly scored a peach!

Jim44
22-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Harris needs at least half a season on loan and shouldn't even be considered for a start in the second leg.

TornadoHibby
22-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Sundays game is made for Thomson. Definitely him for Harris with the Heff and Cummings up front. No sitting back. We need to be positive.

Frankly couldn't understand why Thomson wasn't playing last night although it does perhaps confirm other stories I've been hearing about Hibs dithering to give him an extended contract (for a couple of years or so) meaning that other teams (Dundee perhaps :wink:) are now talking to him offering him additional responsibilities/kudos (captaincy etc) and such a contract in the hope that he will join them instead! :confused:

I just don't get this as he is possibly our best player and is a must to play on Sunday to provide some composure, experience, dig and creativity to a midfield that will benefit from having such attributes from such a talented guy! :agree:

No doubt, the historians on here will tell me why I am so hopelessly misguided due to "events from the past" which have no significance on current matters! :rolleyes:

SeanWilson
22-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Frankly couldn't understand why Thomson wasn't playing last night although it does perhaps confirm other stories I've been hearing about Hibs dithering to give him an extended contract (for a couple of years or so) meaning that other teams (Dundee perhaps :wink:) are now talking to him offering him additional responsibilities/kudos (captaincy etc) and such a contract in the hope that he will join them instead! :confused:

I just don't get this as he is possibly our best player and is a must to play on Sunday to provide some composure, experience, dig and creativity to a midfield that will benefit from having such attributes from such a talented guy! :agree:

No doubt, the historians on here will tell me why I am so hopelessly misguided due to "events from the past" which have no significance on current matters! :rolleyes:

I would suggest this was hugely down to the pitch. Did you see the amount of players (even Hamilton players) who were 'jarring' legs in to the ground at times... with Thomsons' injury concerns, it probably just was not justifiable.

nribs
22-05-2014, 08:19 AM

Thought he had a good game.

Steve-O
22-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Nearly scored a peach!

Apart from that shot! :greengrin

jonny
22-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I would suggest this was hugely down to the pitch. Did you see the amount of players (even Hamilton players) who were 'jarring' legs in to the ground at times... with Thomsons' injury concerns, it probably just was not justifiable.

Completely agree. I think in hindsight TB definitely made the correct decision in leaving him out for this one. I'm sure he'll play on Sunday and with him pulling the strings in the midfield I'm confident we'll see this out comfortably.
It looked like the pitch left McGivern and Stevenson both nursing injuries, hopefully both were minor and they'll be available for selection on Sunday.

In response to another post, I thought Robertson done all right, certainly wasnt the worst out there last night.
The surface was cr@p. I think Accies decision to saturate it before kick off to speed it up completely backfired as they didnt seem to have anyone capable of controlling the ball when it was played at pace.

Stevie Reid
22-05-2014, 08:32 AM
I've said this many times, but there is not a single movement that Robertson makes that looks comfortable for him, no comfortable touches - he is always on the stretch for everything, you'll never see him just let the ball come to his feet and have a few seconds of relaxed possession. That said, I rate him as a player, and without his dynamism in midfield, we'd be even more one dimensional.

Pretty sure that Thomson will come in on Sunday, him and Robertson in the centre is our best combination. Take Harris out and have Craig and Stanton left and right.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Thought he had a good game.

I thought he struggled with the surface

Borderhibbie76
22-05-2014, 11:59 AM

Seriously?? I thought robbo was one of our better players...he was everywhere and ran himself into ground. Far more effective than stanton or craig

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Michael
22-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Robertson's the man. I'm surprised him and Thomson haven't really worked well together so far.

oneone73
22-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Seriously?? I thought robbo was one of our better players...he was everywhere and ran himself into ground. Far more effective than stanton or craig

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

jacomo
22-05-2014, 01:48 PM
I've said this many times, but there is not a single movement that Robertson makes that looks comfortable for him, no comfortable touches - he is always on the stretch for everything, you'll never see him just let the ball come to his feet and have a few seconds of relaxed possession. That said, I rate him as a player, and without his dynamism in midfield, we'd be even more one dimensional.

Pretty sure that Thomson will come in on Sunday, him and Robertson in the centre is our best combination. Take Harris out and have Craig and Stanton left and right.

:agree:

Malthibby
22-05-2014, 01:56 PM
If Thomson's fit he should play, & it would be doing Harris a favour to pull him out the first team for a while, he needs a break
because his confidence appears completely shot. Needs to recover to get back to where he was before he was so badly
injured.

Roxyhibee
22-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Heffernan excellent last night - great football brain and rarely wastes a ball. Will be invaluable on Sunday. So will Thomson if he can get on the pitch..

I would play Robertson - he's potentially a very good player but he's currently off the pace and could have done more last night. I agree with comments that he looks uncomfortable just now when he's trying to use the ball. His control is lacking and he's giving away a lot of possession in key areas which puts us under unnecessary pressure. But, i hope he's in our plans for next season.

Harris I would keep on the bench and only use if there's a need to try and change things. But looking forward to seeing him rejuvenated next season too.

Ianhibee
22-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Play a 4-2-3-1
Robertson and Thomson on front of back 4
Craig, Heffernan (playing no 10 Rooney role) and Stanton
then Cummings up front

Try playing football instead of Hoofball - bring Heffernan more into the game - he played really well but never saw the ball enough

nribs
22-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Play a 4-2-3-1
Robertson and Thomson on front of back 4
Craig, Heffernan (playing no 10 Rooney role) and Stanton
then Cummings up front

Try playing football instead of Hoofball - bring Heffernan more into the game - he played really well but never saw the ball enough
Everybody creamed themselves when we went 2 up top last night and now we are at home and we want to go 1 up front? Not sure I fancy that team in that formation.

The_Horde
22-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Everybody creamed themselves when we went 2 up top last night and now we are at home and we want to go 1 up front? Not sure I fancy that team in that formation.

We changed the formation to 4-5-1 in the second half (and got the second goal from it) :wink:

Ianhibee
22-05-2014, 07:23 PM
;4021418']We changed the formation to 4-5-1 in the second half (and got the second goal from it) :wink:

It would be good to play with a midfield - can't see it happening tho' - Butcher will play same team coz he got a win - I think he probably believes Harris did a job defensively covering for Maybury…..

nribs
22-05-2014, 08:21 PM
;4021418']We changed the formation to 4-5-1 in the second half (and got the second goal from it) :wink:

I'm not against different formations, not sure it was a strictb4-5-1 but anyway :) TB has said we are home and we are going out as if it's 0-0. In my opinion ( just my opinion mind) if we are playing Cummings and Heff then they start up top. Just not sure we should do to much tinkering for Sunday.

22-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Harris needs at least half a season on loan and shouldn't even be considered for a start in the second leg.

Was saying this earlier. Theres a player in there as we saw last season but since his injury he just hasn't been the same so maybe a loan spell will be benefitial for him and hopefully he comes back with confidence and we start to see the player we know he can be.