PDA

View Full Version : Rob Jones.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I see he was in-amongst the Hibs fans tonight.

Great to see the big man in about the Hibs! Good to hear the fans singing "We've got Jones, Jones". Sounded quality!

:top marks

pacorosssco
21-05-2014, 09:08 PM
a gold moment, could still do a job

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Do a better job than Nelson without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
21-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Our lucky charm! Was at ER when we beat Hearts 1-0 too... Oh how we miss him :not worth

dp00
21-05-2014, 09:30 PM
He is up doing his coaching badges at Largs....

The guy was amazing with all the fans too, spent half time getting countless photos taken with folk

emerald green
21-05-2014, 09:38 PM
A great Hibs captain and leader. I'll never forget his header to open the scoring at Hampden in League Cup final against Killie.

marleyhib
21-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Great player for us, sadly missed

Gatecrasher
21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
A great Hibs captain and leader. I'll never forget his header to open the scoring at Hampden in League Cup final against Killie.
That moment will live with me forever, my little brother and I were sent up to get the pies and as we reached the top if the stairs Hibs got the corner I said let's see what happens here and I'm so glad we watched because we had the perfect angle to see him rise and Head the ball into the back of the net. What a day!

emerald green
21-05-2014, 09:48 PM
That moment will live with me forever, my little brother and I were sent up to get the pies and as we reached the top if the stairs Hibs got the corner I said let's see what happens here and I'm so glad we watched because we had the perfect angle to see him rise and Head the ball into the back of the net. What a day!

:agree: Me too mate.

Weststandwanab
21-05-2014, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Hibee-Wylie;4019681]Do a better job than Nelson without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I could do a better job than Lord Nelsson

Col2
21-05-2014, 10:06 PM
The cup final is the ONLY game my wife has attended with me (as my mate was out the country).

She is not a footie fan but loved the atmosphere.

GreenCastle
21-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Great to see.

He's in Largs doing his coaching badges - he was alongside some other coaches on the course.

Gary Caldwell also doing his badges there too.

Hibs legend for that goal in cup final and against the Yams.

LaMotta
21-05-2014, 10:24 PM
When faced with a difficult situation, Jesus asks " What would Rob Jones do?"

LancashireHibby
21-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Hope he's got a season ticket or bought his tickets in the general sale this morning!

Love the man though.

ArmadaleHibs
21-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I just love him

Simples

21-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Great to see him there supporting the team! An absolute hibs legend and a true gentleman, spent loads of time getting pictures done with people and shaking hands and talking to the fans.

Gus
21-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Do a better job than Nelson without a doubt

Let it go ffs, digs like this are pointless and not needed, unless unfit something positive to say dinnae bother.

Thread about Rob Jones and folk have to slate current players.

Yawn

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm expressing my opinion which is probably most fans view

21-05-2014, 10:58 PM

:agree: An amazing moment !

LaMotta
21-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I just love him

Simples

Some people fall in love, love falls in Rob Jones.

Gus
21-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I would like to see latapy and mixu back but I'm not going to say they should be in ahead of Heff and Cummings. Maybe fans feelings but lees concentrate our efforts on supporting the players who can actually make a difference.

Feel free to continue your football manager game tho

jodjam
21-05-2014, 11:06 PM
He was directly behind me. Stood whole game. Shame for whoever sitting behind RJ

.Sean.
21-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Was standing in the Morrisons after the game and believe it or not Gold came on over the tannoy!! Great night

He was great craic. A cup-winning legend. Great guy who I could see coming back to manage us one day.

sven nil
21-05-2014, 11:26 PM
What a man, He must have felt so proud proud tonight, Glad you where there tonight good luck in management Rob .

zimmer
21-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Nope. Sounds like your personal view and definitely not my opinion. Why can't everyone just enjoy the victory?

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Great to see the big man in about the Hibs! Good to hear the fans singing "We've got Jones, Jones". Sounded quality!

Would have been even better if you had have made the effort

SaulGoodman
21-05-2014, 11:37 PM

In a thread that has nothing to do with him. Much like;

"Did you watch that new programme last night?"

"I ****ing hate the welsh. What? It's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it"

Edit: for the record I don't hate the welsh, they're just the first unfortunate nation that came to mind for my example :greengrin

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 11:39 PM
If you hate Welsh I respect your opinion if you do. All I'm saying if that rob jones would do a great job in hibs defence at this moment in time

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:40 PM
A Hibernian legend and a classic example to all the clowns who thought he wasn't good enough to play for us. Be careful in what you wish for you clowns.
Aye ok. That will be the same clowns who seen real players playing for this club. Jones was ok, nothing more.his legendary status is with fans who are of a certain age. That doesn't make the rest of us clowns. That just makes you unfortunate.

Michael
21-05-2014, 11:41 PM
You don't realise what you've got until it's gone. I think a few Hibs fans (myself included) thought we could do better than Jones...but no one who's played CB since has been even half the player Jones was (no height jokes).

SMAXXA
21-05-2014, 11:42 PM
The cup final is the ONLY game my wife has attended with me (as my mate was out the country).

She is not a footie fan but loved the atmosphere.

Does she normally attend with your mate like.....and you put up with that, well your a better man than me

Russ
21-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Aye ok. That will be the same clowns who seen real players playing for this club. Jones was ok, nothing more.his legendary status is with fans who are of a certain age. That doesn't make the rest of us clowns. That just makes you unfortunate.

Rob was and is a Hibernian legend, he was a cup winning captain and if half the squad we had at the moment has his attributes we would be nowhere near where we are right now. That's by the bye, a get the feeling you're a yam who is jist a wee bit disappointed. LOL

Crazyhorse
21-05-2014, 11:56 PM

In the snow! Weirdest weather ever - four seasons in one game! And what a game. Took my two sons to it, I think its the reason they support the hibs despite having moved away from Scotland. The singing at the end was incredible.

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:56 PM

What is wrong with you? This guy won us a cup he was captain and scored for us.

I'm not going to lie I think your a jambo. If I'm wrong and anybody knows you to back it up I'll apologise. But your posts really are strange and bitter on a night when we are all happy.

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Rob was and is a Hibernian legend, he was a cup winning captain and if half the squad we had at the moment has his attributes we would be nowhere near where we are right now. That's by the bye, a get the feeling you're a yam who is jist a wee bit disappointed. LOL

This.

Baader
21-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Any Hibs captain that lifts a cup is a legend.

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:59 PM
What is wrong with you? This guy won us a cup he was captain and scored for us.

I'm not going to lie I think your a jambo. If I'm wrong and anybody knows you to back it up I'll apologise. But your posts really are strange and bitter on a night when we are all happy.
No I'm not a jambo, however your post really does smack of hypo racy since you have said on another thread that you would be happy for one of our more promising youngsters to leave.

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:02 AM
No I'm not a jambo, however your post really does smack of hypo racy since you have said on another thread that you would be happy for one of our more promising youngsters to leave.

Yes if he continues to play that way. As I said he's better than that. Not some amazing player who you seem to think that's how I see him. You also went in a huff with the Jones thread. Strange to be honest, and if your not a jambo you seem a very angry little man.

givescotlandfreedom
22-05-2014, 12:02 AM
It was good to see him still loving the Hibees and getting behind the team like the rest of us.

LaMotta
22-05-2014, 12:07 AM

Well said

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Yes if he continues to play that way. As I said he's better than that. Not some amazing player who you seem to think that's how I see him. You also went in a huff with the Jones thread. Strange to be honest, and if your not a jambo you seem a very angry little man.
Explain how I've gone in the huff about anything? And explain how I'm a jambo. You seem to like to throw childish little accusations about. Why don't you try giving them some substanance. I have supported this club for 45 years, not that I need to justify that to you, and would really be interested to here how my opinions n your nonsense make me a jambo

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Explain how I've gone in the huff about anything? And explain how I'm a jambo. You seem to like to throw childish little accusations about. Why don't you try giving them some substanance. I have supported this club for 45 years, not that I need to justify that to you, and would really be interested to here how my opinions n your nonsense make me a jambo

Because of the posts and I'm clearly not the only one if you read back. Like I say if not I'll apologise! You seem very angry at the slightest thing for some reason. Should be a night your happy not jumping down the throat of posters who think Jones is a legend and that Harris can do better.

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Questioning Rob Jones makes me question you right away. If you're as old as you claim to be you're either a very poor judge of a player or an ersehole aka jambo. Why are you so bitter after we have just won?

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. I just don't get it? He seems to be raging!!

.Sean.
22-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Any Hibs captain that lifts a cup is a legend.
This. Close thread.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Questioning Rob Jones makes me question you right away. If you're as old as you claim to be you're either a very poor judge of a player or an ersehole aka jambo. Why are you so bitter after we have just won?
You were calling people clowns if they didn't see him as a legend. I have seen much better than Jones in my time watching Hibs. Why don't you read my post again. I'm not a clown. I don't hold Jones up in legendary status because quite frankly I have seen much better in Hibs colours. It's hardly my fault you maybe haven't. Read my post again as I say, I'm no clown and I don't think that you have any right to throw that insult at people. That's what makes me angry, not Rob Jones

Russ
22-05-2014, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020257]You were calling people clowns if they didn't see him as a legend. I have seen much better than Jones in my time watching Hibs. Why don't you read my post again. I'm not a clown. I don't hold Jones up in legendary status because quite frankly I have seen much better in Hibs colours. It's hardly my fault you maybe haven't. Read my post again as I say, I'm no clown and I don't think that you have any right to throw that insult at people. That's what makes me angry, not Rob Jones[/QUOTE

Name me a better centre half in your time of watching Hibs and I will buy you a pint after the game on Sunday. I assume as a Hibernian supporter you will be going to the game on Sunday?

I can go into little things like how many cups have Hibs won since 1875? but I won't, as a Hibs fan you will obviously know that. What I will say is this, as a previous poster stated, ANY Hibernian captain lifting a cup deserves legendary status. And you lay yourself wide open to the yam accusations, wtf are you so bitter on such a night?

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020257]You were calling people clowns if they didn't see him as a legend. I have seen much better than Jones in my time watching Hibs. Why don't you read my post again. I'm not a clown. I don't hold Jones up in legendary status because quite frankly I have seen much better in Hibs colours. It's hardly my fault you maybe haven't. Read my post again as I say, I'm no clown and I don't think that you have any right to throw that insult at people. That's what makes me angry, not Rob Jones[/QUOTE

Name me a better centre half in your time of watching Hibs and I will buy you a pint after the game on Sunday. I assume as a Hibernian supporter you will be going to the game on Sunday?

I can go into little things like how many cups have Hibs won since 1875? but I won't, as a Hibs fan you will obviously know that. What I will say is this, as a previous poster stated, ANY Hibernian captain lifting a cup deserves legendary status. And you lay yourself wide open to the yam accusations, wtf are you so bitter on such a night?
Blackley,
Black,
Paterson,
Stewart,
McNamara
Rae
Chisholm,
Hunter.
i make that 8 pints you're due me, where would you like to meet?

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:51 AM

Sauzee was better can I have a pint?? ;)

Russ
22-05-2014, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020261]
Blackley,
Black,
Paterson,
Stewart,
McNamara
Rae
Chisholm,
Hunter.
Lol opinions, name yer pub a shall pop in and buy you a pint, a still have ma doubts if you're a Hibby.

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020261]
Blackley,
Black,
Paterson,
Stewart,
McNamara
Rae
Chisholm,
Hunter.

Looking at that I don't think you are a jambo so I take that back and apologize. Jambo wouldn't remember those players I don't think.

I just don't get your anger at my post and couple others when there was nothing bad said. More so the one aimed at me about having Harris on a pedestal.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020271]
Lol opinions, name yer pub a shall pop in and buy you a pint, a still have ma doubts if you're a Hibby.
Tap shoap, mid Calder and if you find a bigger Hibby I'll buy you two. Oh and Sauzee makes it 9.

.Sean.
22-05-2014, 01:04 AM
No you Russ.

Russ
22-05-2014, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020283][QUOTE=Russ;4020277]
Tap shoap, mid Calder and if you find a bigger Hibby I'll buy you two. Oh and Sauzee makes it 9.[/QUO

A don't know where Calder is let alone Mid Calder, a shall donate £3 to the half time Hibby on Sunday. A still don't get your bitterness, as for your bigger Hibby pish if you were that big a Hibby you would be as ecstatic as the rest of us :).

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Nope. Sounds like your personal view and definitely not my opinion. Why can't everyone just enjoy the victory?

Hibs fans will be enjoying last night. Others can weep.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020283][QUOTE=Russ;4020277]
Tap shoap, mid Calder and if you find a bigger Hibby I'll buy you two. Oh and Sauzee makes it 9.[/QUO

A don't know where Calder is let alone Mid Calder, a shall donate £3 to the half time Hibby on Sunday. A still don't get your bitterness, as for your bigger Hibby pish if you were that big a Hibby you would be as ecstatic as the rest of us :).
There is no bitterness. Just don't like being classed a clown cos I've seen better players than you.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020296][QUOTE=Russ;4020287]

Sorry old man, but if you think George Stewart was a better player than Rob Jones them am calling you a clown. Yer still coming over as a bit of a yam to me.
Forget Mid Calder where you going to be efter the game on Sunday?
Dode was a real skipper. Scored in cup against them in 79 and very very unlucky not to lift the holy grail in any one of the three finals. Hibs through and through tae.
Will have bairns and car with me so no pub until I'm home.

Russ
22-05-2014, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020298][QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020296]
Dode was a real skipper. Scored in cup against them in 79 and very very unlucky not to lift the holy grail in any one of the three finals. Hibs through and through tae.
Will have bairns and car with me so no pub until I'm home.

Against them? them as in Rangers? It is clear now why you are not happy, you are anti Butcher cos he played for them lol. get a life old man. A once hated Butcher when he elbowed Cowan a think it was when we beat them 2-1 at ER. Being Hibs thru and thru doesn't make you a good player I'm afraid. A picked on Dode but a could easily have said Paterson, or a few others.

Rob is a cup winning captain for Hibernian, there ain't too many of them going around in case you hadn't noticed.

Jim Herriot
22-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Threads such as this are part of the reason I don't post much.

Russ
22-05-2014, 02:17 AM

Me too.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020300][QUOTE=Russ;4020298]

Against them? them as in Rangers? It is clear now why you are not happy, you are anti Butcher cos he played for them lol. get a life old man. A once hated Butcher when he elbowed Cowan a think it was when we beat them 2-1 at ER. Being Hibs thru and thru doesn't make you a good player I'm afraid. A picked on Dode but a could easily have said Paterson, or a few others.

Rob is a cup winning captain for Hibernian, there ain't too many of them going around in case you hadn't noticed.
Nah you're not not worth it. Keep your beer. When I said them I meant Hearts. You sure you're not a yam? Surely a Hibs fan would know who scored cup final goals.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020300][QUOTE=Russ;4020298]

Again, can't be bothered looking through your post for contradictions but if memory serves me right you said it was something like the lowest of the low abusing fellow Hibs fans on one post. I was impressed with that pos, that's why you stuck in my mind. You have since called me an erse hole and along with other hibs fans, a clown. It also seems like whenever you don't like what someone has to say they are automatically a hearts fan. You really do live in a sad little world.

Russ
22-05-2014, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020304][QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020300]
Again, can't be bothered looking through your post for contradictions but if memory serves me right you said it was something like the lowest of the low abusing fellow Hibs fans on one post. I was impressed with that pos, that's why you stuck in my mind. You have since called me an erse hole and along with other hibs fans, a clown. It also seems like whenever you don't like what someone has to say they are automatically a hearts fan. You really do live in a sad little world.

A never called you a clown, you took that upon yourself. And Dode never scored a cup final goal against them.

Chin up we won last night remember :)

Russ
22-05-2014, 04:49 AM

Kudos to the big man. A class act if ever there was one.:flag:

MSK
22-05-2014, 05:50 AM
A lot of personal stuff going on here guys .. give it a rest & get back to topic please ..

Captain Trips
22-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Rob Jones was a terrific player for us. Was decent defender and a true goal threat as we saw with his tally.

Put it this way Jones would have easily got a game for us either in defence or upfront this season.

Rob Jones excellent player for us IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Would have been even better if you had have made the effort

Made the effort? I would have been there but I was doing a homer, actually.

Will be at the second leg if that makes you feel any better

RIP
22-05-2014, 06:51 AM
During his time with us Rob was regularly described as 'Bambi on ice'. Not on the terracing. Just on Hibs.Net.

All the Hibs captains were the victims of internet 'campaigns'. Jones, Hogg, McPake, Hanlon. Without them our teams look weaker.

Social media has a bigger impact than many of us realise. Directors, executives, players, supporters all read Hibs.net.

When there is a period of negativity about certain players it does transmit to the stand and players become the target of boo boys.

Just what happened to Liam Craig at the Gazebo yesterday. So called fans who see fit to abuse a player wearing green and white.

Madness

ronaldo7
22-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Big Rob was sitting a few rows in front of us last night. From the minute he walked into the ground he was bombarded with photo requests. Lots of happy fans later, he was even stopped on the way out of the ground. A true gent and made lots of Hibbies happy last night.

Well done Big man.

Flanny boy
22-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Me either I bet him at 20/1 to score first :wink:

The_Exile
22-05-2014, 08:46 AM
As soon as I saw him in the crowd I wanted to put a tenner on him first goalscorer!

SlickShoes
22-05-2014, 08:59 AM
During his time with us Rob was regularly described as 'Bambi on ice'. Not on the terracing. Just on Hibs.Net.

All the Hibs captains were the victims of internet 'campaigns'. Jones, Hogg, McPake, Hanlon. Without them our teams look weaker.

Social media has a bigger impact than many of us realise. Directors, executives, players, supporters all read Hibs.net.

When there is a period of negativity about certain players it does transmit to the stand and players become the target of boo boys.

Just what happened to Liam Craig at the Gazebo yesterday. So called fans who see fit to abuse a player wearing green and white.

Madness

What happened to Liam?

I wouldn't call online opinions hate campaigns either. Players must realise that 99% of what they read online is complete drivel from people that have no clue at all.

The internet gives a voice to all the folk that in past would have never been able to broadcast there petty hatred of certain players at all.

If Lewis Stevenson read my thread about thinking he's not good enough for hibs, he would probably have reasons to dismiss all of my arguments, I don't know him or his life all I have to judge him on is what I see on the park. For certain other people it's a different player that they don't like if you have 20 fans on a forum that think a player is ***** then it looks like a lot of people but theres over 10k folk at the games that probably think those 20 guys are clueless idiots.

marinello59
22-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Regularly? That's simply not true. And just on here?

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2014, 09:30 AM

Me too.

MrRobot
22-05-2014, 09:34 AM
As soon as I saw him in the crowd I wanted to put a tenner on him first goalscorer!

You would have lost your bet.

YehButNoBut
22-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Good pic of Rob from last night, any man who has picked up the cup for us is a legend in my book, nice to see him back supporting the Hibees. :thumbsup:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10366183_628939180538480_5757281944985986900_n.jpg

hibbymick
22-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Me too.

:greengrin

greenlex
22-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Big Rob was sitting a few rows in front of us last night. From the minute he walked into the ground he was bombarded with photo requests. Lots of happy fans later, he was even stopped on the way out of the ground. A true gent and made lots of Hibbies happy last night.

Well done Big man. Aye but youll have seen better tho Gogs?

trev the hat
22-05-2014, 10:08 PM

Madness

Zero tolerance of this is the only way to stop it. Once told to zip it that guy never uttered any abuse thereafter & will hopefully think twice next time.too many of these so called hibees get away with this regularly un confronted

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2014, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020277]
Tap shoap, mid Calder and if you find a bigger Hibby I'll buy you two. Oh and Sauzee makes it 9.

did you know malky cowan mate ? :greengrin and does his brother davy still own the pub ?

that's to RIP bestie btw...what's up with the quotes on this thread

Ryan91
22-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Good pic of Rob from last night, any man who has picked up the cup for us is a legend in my book, nice to see him back supporting the Hibees. :thumbsup:

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10366183_628939180538480_5757281944985986900_n.jpg

:not worth

One of the finest men to have donned the Hibernian captain's armband.

gorgie greens
22-05-2014, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Russ;4020261]
Blackley,
Black,
Paterson,
Stewart,
McNamara
Rae
Chisholm,
Hunter.

Might be showing my age here cant really remember much about watching Hibs when i was a young whipper snapper but Blackley and McNamara both were sweepers and not Centre Halfs

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I met big JONES, in my local Asda weeks after he arrived at ER. IIRC, he had a wee babe in arms, as we chatted in the check outs. he was a perfect gent, and I loved him as a player. I have seen better captains though, as I do recall one instance, where a Hibs player was down injured for a good 5 mins and I was amazed that big Jonesey stood away from the action, regarding the player's recovery, or discussing things between the bench/phisio etc during that period.I expect a real captain, to get involved with all things Hibernian , on the pitch at all times. still liked him though

lEXO
23-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Same here. This thread turned into a petty argument and a lot do. Being called a Yam on a Hibs site is pretty low in my opinion, especially if it's only because their opinion differs. Sh/te and petty. Ps.. Rob Jones is a Hibs legend and was captain of a very good Hibs who gave most of us our best cup win and day out ever. And George Stewart was a very good Hibs captain and centre half who scored against THEM in the 1/4 final at ER in 79. I,m sure thats what Bestie meant.

Russ
23-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Same here. This thread turned into a petty argument and a lot do. Being called a Yam on a Hibs site is pretty low in my opinion, especially if it's only because their opinion differs. Sh/te and petty. Ps.. Rob Jones is a Hibs legend and was captain of a very good Hibs who gave most of us our best cup win and day out ever. And George Stewart was a very good Hibs captain and centre half who scored against THEM in the 1/4 final at ER in 79. I,m sure thats what Bestie meant.
I bit with his remarks about Jones being ordinary, not for the first time I shall apologise for calling a Hibby a yam. For the life of me I can't see where his comments about Jones were coming from, and to compare him to Stewart? as if Stewart was some kind of great player? I remember watching Stewart and he was never as good a centre half as Jones, nor anything like as big a goal threat. Opinions eh.

aunty joyce
23-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Zero tolerance of this is the only way to stop it. Once told to zip it that guy never uttered any abuse thereafter & will hopefully think twice next time.too many of these so called hibees get away with this regularly un confronted

Totally agree and we need to find a way to combat it, whether that is reporting supporter/s to the club who can then take any appropriate action they see fit such as issuing a warning in the first instance followed by more severe penalties should it persist.

Because we buy a season ticket or ticket for the game it does NOT give us the right to hurl vile abuse at the players - if you bought an airline ticket and behaved in this manner on a plane you'd find yourself arrested as soon as you reached your destination irrespective of how much you paid for your ticket.

Let's end this season in the manner we want to begin next season with by supporting the team we all love and care deeply about GGTTH

Mon Dieu4
23-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Jones has his faults he often got caught following someone to the half way line, but if he was the complete player he wouldn't have been at Hibs in the first place, he was the last great captain we've had and an inspirational leader who totally bought into Hibs

I loved the guy, any Hibs Captain who lifts a cup automatically gets Legend status, in his first season he also won me a bucket load of cash in goalscorer bets, surprised it took the bookies so long to figure out he was a giant

between him and Stacky at the Killie game its great to see some former players still have affection for the club, especially the way we have been playing

Mon the Jonah

RIP Bestie
23-05-2014, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4020283]

did you know malky cowan mate ? :greengrin and does his brother davy still own the pub ?

that's to RIP bestie btw...what's up with the quotes on this thread
Yes and no. Malky at the Cawburn in Pumphy now.

23-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Jones has his faults he often got caught following someone to the half way line, but if he was the complete player he wouldn't have been at Hibs in the first place, he was the last great captain we've had and an inspirational leader who totally bought into Hibs

I loved the guy, any Hibs Captain who lifts a cup automatically gets Legend status, in his first season he also won me a bucket load of cash in goalscorer bets, surprised it took the bookies so long to figure out he was a giant

between him and Stacky at the Killie game its great to see some former players still have affection for the club, especially the way we have been playing

Mon the Jonah

Great captain, what I would give to have a player like him now!