PDA

View Full Version : Harris

greenpaper55
21-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Great result for the team but i felt we played with ten men for most of the match as we would have been better playing Emmylou Harris tonight. Constantly gave the ball the ball away and was utter mince and how Butcher kept him on is beyond me.

Unseen work
21-05-2014, 08:52 PM
It's obvious the lad has 0 confidence or faith in his ability, everything he does is very cautious

A break and and good pre season and he will be back to his best

PeterboroHibee
21-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I was surprised at how bad Harris was, and also how he stayed on the pitch. I like Harris and theres definitely a role for him in the future, but he needs to be taken out of the team when hes low on confidence and out of form.

JJP
21-05-2014, 08:54 PM
He's not had a good season but he'll be back.

Time For Heroes
21-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Complete lack of confidence, definitely has the skill, just not a leader.
When the players around him play well he will come good for us, just glad to see some young lads coming through.

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2014, 08:56 PM
The OP can GTF.

Imagine coming out with this pish after such an important win :rolleyes:

cleanyman
21-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Felt like we played with 10 men tonight.

A truly terrible performance.

greenpaper55
21-05-2014, 08:57 PM
His confidence is shot and he is not alone but i thought he was constantly giving the ball away when we needed to retain it as high up the pitch as possible-the boy needs a holiday.

Time For Heroes
21-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Big occasion, wasnt his night, lets focus on the positives.

delaCalz
He's been poor for a while now. Doesn't look like he is over his injury psychologically. Hopefully a good preseason will have him back to his best

Pretty Boy
I feel for him.

He's trying but he seems really wary of trying to beat a man. A couple of times tonight he had a chance to run ay players and as soon as he saw the pressure coming he, almost instinctively, started to back off or cut inside.

I don't wish injury on him but I think taking a hard challenege and coming out ok would do him the world of good.

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Really?

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Wasn't his best match but we're all lining up to have a pop at the young guy?

Guess we have to moan about something eh.

eastterrace
21-05-2014, 09:01 PM
The OP can GTF.

imo the guy was right harris was poor and he put us in dodgy situations when he kept losing the ball. yes it was an important win but harris will need to man up.

pacorosssco
21-05-2014, 09:03 PM
lets focus on highs

HH81
21-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Good result tonight, however, Harris is clearly scared of getting stuck in as doesnt want to get injuired again.

greenpaper55
21-05-2014, 09:08 PM
The OP can GTF.

GTF yersell, if he cost us a goal you wouldnae be so happy, not good enough tonight and it could have cost us and you should really be wanting better for Hibs.

Golden Bear
21-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Why the negativity? Some things are best not said.

HNA7
21-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Less of the "GTF" please.

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2014, 09:11 PM
GTF yersell, if he cost us a goal you wouldnae be so happy, not good enough tonight and it could have cost us and you should really be wanting better for Hibs.

I should be wanting better, You're right. I say we bin him in the summer. Crap player.

col02
21-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Harris with a good preseason will be flying next season imho if encouraged. If punters get on his back then another Wotherspoon scenario may arise.

duffers
21-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I like him, but he's very low on confidence just now. He also needs to learn that half hearted tackles are more likely to get you injured. Needs to get stuck in a bit more IMO

Ronniekirk
21-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I was surprised at how bad Harris was, and also how he stayed on the pitch. I like Harris and theres definitely a role for him in the future, but he needs to be taken out of the team when hes low on confidence and out of form.
Agree poor man management by T B .Harris wasn't contributing everyone could see that so should of been take. Off as it doesn't do anything for his confidence .

SlickShoes
21-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I should be wanting better, You're right. I say we bin him in the summer. Crap player.

No one suggested that, he's had a bad game today, he's not been the same since he came back. Hopefully he can regain his confidence over pre season.

He gave the ball away a lot tonight though, no sugar coating that.

eastterrace

why you being sarcastic , he made a valid point that he could have cost us a goal, dont think he was being nasty saying this.

keep the faith
Really?

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Wasn't his best match but we're all lining up to have a pop at the young guy?

Mate it was a great result but Harris's performance was spectacularly bad. You can't expect no comments on that!!

Wotherspiniesta
21-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Less of the "GTF" please.

Fair enough, Admin.

TBH, I just find it completely pathetic that a supposed Hibs fan would come on here having watched his side win such a crucial match for the football club to slate a guy who's 19/20 year old.

Harris has been out for a long, long time with a nasty injury and still finding his feet at Hibs.

He must be absolutely delighted to come on here and read such a lovely opening post.

And before I get accused of being a mollycuddler after sticking up for Wotherspoon for so long I'll save some of the regulars the hastle. No, I'm not Alex's mate and No I'm not his ma. :greengrin

Cropley10
21-05-2014, 09:17 PM
The OP can GTF.

Very much this /\

bingo70
21-05-2014, 09:18 PM
He's miles better when played on the left.

He's not a right winger even though he's right footed

J-C
21-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately the lad may never get back to last years levels, remember Brownlie, never the same after his leg break.

SouthamptonHibs
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Harris was defo bad tonight worst I've seen him play. Zero confidence on the ball not sure how he lasted so long

Anyway back to the positive great result

Arch Stanton
21-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Good for Butcher keeping him on - you don't bring on young talent by hooking them when they're still feeling their way.

Greenheart
21-05-2014, 09:23 PM
He's just turned 18 what do you expect give him a break he will come good

SON OF PADDY
21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Really?

It's called having an opinion mate !
Harris should have been off at halftime.

Hib17
21-05-2014, 09:29 PM
He's miles better when played on the left.

He's not a right winger even though he's right footed
I thought he was far better in the second half as we were as a whole team. Seemed to struggle with the surface and ball getting stuck between his feet. Will benefit from summer away and has undoubted quality. He was withdrawn from first team action until next season a couple of months back but due to the desperate times that changed Terry's mind he was brought back way too early (although still without confidence ) and he/we lost the boost that a break would have brought.

Arch Stanton
21-05-2014, 09:30 PM
It's called having an opinion mate !
Harris should have been off at halftime.

I'm confused - is the second sentence a fact or a stupidly expressed opinion?

The_Horde
21-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Touch of the old Aaron Ramseys. Needs a good pre season and some yogi gold dust.

bawheid
21-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Terrible thread.

The_Exile
21-05-2014, 09:34 PM
A good pre season, with Terry getting him mentally tough will see him right. At least he never hides, always looking for space and the ball, positive traits in a player so young.

marleyhib
21-05-2014, 09:38 PM
He's 18, needs some confidence back - something he can't have had much of this season considering how mince we have been. With a decent team round him and realistic expectations from fans he can flourish.

hibeerealist
21-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Fair enough, Admin.

TBH, I just find it completely pathetic that a supposed Hibs fan would come on here having watched his side win such a crucial match for the football club to slate a guy who's 19/20 year old.

Harris has been out for a long, long time with a nasty injury and still finding his feet at Hibs.

He must be absolutely delighted to come on here and read such a lovely opening post.

And before I get accused of being a mollycuddler after sticking up for Wotherspoon for so long I'll save some of the regulars the hastle. No, I'm not Alex's mate and No I'm not his ma. :greengrin

The laddie will know himself that he has not played well. Yes we are all pleased with the result but Harris did nothing in the game and TB should not be putting him in the position where he is open to a bit of criticism so please don't shoot the guy down that raised his poor game, TB NEEDS to protect HIM more AND help the team by playing those prepared to fight for the cause NO PASSENGERS!

GGTTH

SON OF PADDY
21-05-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm confused - is the second sentence a fact or a stupidly expressed opinion?

It's a stupidly expressed opinion, if it makes you feel better.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Great result for the team but i felt we played with ten men for most of the match as we would have been better playing Emmylou Harris tonight. Constantly gave the ball the ball away and was utter mince and how Butcher kept him on is beyond me.

EmmyLou Harris? Bet you're right chuffed in coming up with that.
Shame on you. Flange.

Tyler Durden
21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Very poor tonight but I'm sick of all the comments about him pulling out of tackles. People are just projecting this, his lack of tackling is not the reason he is playing poorly. Was he flying into tackles before his injury FFS?!

Hopefully a good break and pre-season does him the world of good.

steviehibsleith
21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
He's 18, needs some confidence back - something he can't have had much of this season considering how mince we have been. With a decent team round him and realistic expectations from fans he can flourish.
He is 20 in august, we are winning and halfway through a massive play off and he needs to be benched. 100 percent behind him for next season but i want it in the SPL not championship

Arch Stanton
21-05-2014, 09:45 PM
It's a stupidly expressed opinion, if it makes you feel better.

Actually not - it's a sad life being a smart ass!

erskine-hibby
21-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Pre injury he would have breezed past players tonight. It is obvious that he is lacking in confidence, but how does he get that back if he doesn't play?
Don't suppose it helps that the whole team is suffering from the same.
There is definitely a player in there, we've all seen it, a good rest and pre season and I'm sure he will come good.

truehibernian
21-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Probably the worst he's played in a top team showing but I'm a huge huge fan of him and he WILL come very good in a confident team - needs to relax and have faith in his ability. One of the most gifted players I've seen (naturally) in a long time, needs our FULL support.

Lester B
21-05-2014, 09:52 PM

You're right if he had we wouldn't be as happy. But he didn't. You really should be wanting better for opinions. He didn't play well, sure but is there any need for the abbreviated swearing or the faux authentic spelling??

marleyhib
21-05-2014, 09:57 PM
He is 20 in august, we are winning and halfway through a massive play off and he needs to be benched. 100 percent behind him for next season but i want it in the SPL not championship

Surprised he's playing, I wouldn't play him, don't see the point in the OP calling him utter mince.

SON OF PADDY
21-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Actually not - it's a sad life being a smart ass!

Whatever mate, Are you related to Harris ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-05-2014, 10:09 PM
I'd have him on the bench on Sunday and have Thomson back in. Push Robertson or Stanton out on the right

The Green Goblin
21-05-2014, 10:15 PM
He didn`t have a great game, but....

...he won the ball in midfield which led to the pass to Heffernan for our 2nd goal. Funny nobody getting stuck into him has acknowledged that. The history books will show that he was a member of the team which won that first away playoff match 2-0 tonight and that he helped create the 2nd goal which goes a long way to keeping us safe. I`m sure he is well aware that he wasn`t at his best tonight, but he`s a very young player and I really think some posters should remember that we won tonight, and give it a rest and cut him some fricking slack.

greenpaper55
21-05-2014, 10:24 PM
I raised this point more in anger at Butcher not recognising the fact he should have been hooked at halftime, when you need every player playing out of his skin and the impact that relegation would have it is only fair to highlight the issue and was not meant to be a personal attack on a player clearly out of form.

Jones28
21-05-2014, 10:29 PM
The OP can GTF.

Not pish tbf, just plain true!

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Pre injury he would have breezed past players tonight. It is obvious that he is lacking in confidence, but how does he get that back if he doesn't play?
Don't suppose it helps that the whole team is suffering from the same.
There is definitely a player in there, we've all seen it, a good rest and pre season and I'm sure he will come good.

I'll be honest here, I haven't "seen it". I see it in Stanton, I see it in Cummings, I can even see it in Forster...

I just can't see it in Harris. I've wanted to see it, but haven't.

I hope I'm proved wrong, nothing would please me more, but I'm not convinced.

Just my opinion of course.

Jonnyboy
21-05-2014, 10:52 PM
I raised this point more in anger at Butcher not recognising the fact he should have been hooked at halftime, when you need every player playing out of his skin and the impact that relegation would have it is only fair to highlight the issue and was not meant to be a personal attack on a player clearly out of form.

Not wanting to come across as a smart ar5e here but why didn't you use your frustration with TB as your OP instead of wading in to Harris?

21-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Theres a player in there somewhere, we saw that last season, but since his injury he just hasn't been the same. Last year we saw a player who was sharp, tricky and confident, a real handful for defenders but i'm afraid this season he just looks lightweight and a bit timid tbh. I think his confidence is pretty low but hopefully he can get a decent pre-season under his belt and start to get back to the player we know he can be.

But I don't want to dwell to much on negativity, the team as a whole did well tonight and got a hugely important win :top marks

Bishop Hibee
21-05-2014, 10:55 PM
I didn't think he played any better or worse than Stanton. They both gave 100%. Give him a right back who can get up and down the pitch for next season. Maybury is ok defensively but hasn't the legs. He's started far more games than he would have expected this season.

All the Hibs players will benefit from the close season as will the fans.

Gus
21-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Not the time but personally feel he could do with a season on loan, i am hoping Booth comes back next season with confidence to push on and I thin Harris needs the same imo

Deansy
21-05-2014, 10:56 PM
We've all seen what Harris is capable of - I've no doubt that we'll see him come good again next season. Until then, why don't we all just 'support' him - after all, that's what we're meant to do !

Unseen work
21-05-2014, 10:59 PM
He's just turned 18 what do you expect give him a break he will come good

That's Cummings, Harris is 20 in August

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I just think he looks disinterested. Confidence lacking, maybe? But if I'm being honest he's not even a shadow of the player he once was. If he left it wouldn't bother me now.

If he does stay he'll have my full support but he must do better.

Unseen work
21-05-2014, 11:04 PM
People saying butcher should of subbed him at half time...:

The team were playing reasonably well, but most importantly the shape was good, they were professional and working together as a unit.

Bringing a player on at half time into a fast paced game could of totally changed the shape.

Harris is always a good outball with his pace, is it just me tho or does he not seem as quick anymore? Really looking foward to a good pre season

Look at pawllet at aberdeen, been a different player this season

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I just think he looks disinterested. Confidence lacking, maybe? But if I'm being honest he's not even a shadow of the player he once was. If he left it wouldn't bother me now.

Agree with this mostly mate...but the player he once was, the 50 minutes against Falkirk aside I don't think he has done it but i would perserve as playing in a team with confidence will hopefully have a positive impact

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:09 PM

The team were playing reasonably well, but most importantly the shape was good, they were professional and working together as a unit.

Bringing a player on at half time into a fast paced game could of totally changed the shape.

Harris is always a good outball with his pace, is it just me tho or does he not seem as quick anymore? Really looking foward to a good pre season

Can see what your saying, but I felt he wasn't contributing at all to be honest. Cariney could have done his job without needing to change the shape. Your right he's not got the pace he did, and I hope that comes with a good pre season.

If not I'd let him go.

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Agree with this mostly mate...but the player he once was,'v 59 minutes against Falkirk aside I don't think he has done it but ibeould perserve as playing in z team with confidence will hopefully have a positive impact

I think we maybe expected more and it's been a let down. I just don't get how he's so bad now and I feel for the lad because he's better than that. Sometimes players fade and end up lower leagues. Hope Alex gets a grip of himself and prove he's good enough at this level.

3pm
21-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I think once he gets to Magaluf and pumps a couple of burds in the summer, he'll be fine. :agree:

The Harp Awakes
21-05-2014, 11:16 PM
I'll be honest here, I haven't "seen it". I see it in Stanton, I see it in Cummings, I can even see it in Forster...

I just can't see it in Harris. I've wanted to see it, but haven't.

I hope I'm proved wrong, nothing would please me more, but I'm not convinced.

Just my opinion of course.

Disagree. I think Harris has 'got it'. However the lad is suffering from a massive loss in confidence after his injury. A blind man could see tonight that Alex wasn't up for the game. He should have been hooked at half time as he could easily have cost us a goal. TB must have seen that. In fact he shouldn't have been playing in the first place.

Alex needs a good close season to get his confidence back so that he can come back stronger than ever.

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I think we maybe expected more and it's been a let down. I just don't get how he's so bad now and I feel for the lad because he's better than that. Sometimes players fade and end up lower leagues. Hope Alex gets a grip of himself and prove he's good enough at this level.

Spot on mate

Pete
21-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Felt like we played with 10 men tonight.

A truly terrible performance.

Enjoy the second tier.

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:30 PM

What the ******?
This is a guy that put in a couple of not bad performances when there was not much else to shout about.
I have never got this Alex Harris love in. People on here have seen an put this poor laddie up as being our saviour.
Get a grip, this is a young boy we are talking about here, you are talking as if he has been a stalwart who has played at the top level for years.
Just the sort of nonsense that has seen the careers of the likes of Booth and Wotherspoon fizzle out at Easter Road and the expectation on Stevenson become unrealistic.

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:34 PM
What the ******?
This is a guy that put in a couple of not bad performances when there was not much else to shout about.
I have never got this Alex Harris love in. People on here have seen an put this poor laddie up as being our saviour.
Get a grip, this is a young boy we are talking about here, you are talking as if he has been a stalwart who has played at the top level for years.
Just the sort of nonsense that has seen the careers of the likes of Booth and Wotherspoon fizzle out at Easter Road and the expectation on Stevenson become unrealistic.

As much as I agree but the abuse Collins gets outweighs the constructive criticism Harris gets

CyberSauzee
21-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Well said. Was never his best game with the ball but he was disciplined defending. It's often what players do without the ball that's more important. Tonight was one of those nights.

SMAXXA
21-05-2014, 11:38 PM
The OP can GTF.

What you talking about the OP is spot on he was ****ing murder. Worse than a man down indeed. How you can defend him and slate someone for stating the obvious is beyond me :confused:

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:42 PM
What the ******?

Not being funny but what the hell are you on about??

All I'm saying is the lad showed a bit promise and isn't anything like he was. Calm yourself down to a panic FFS.

Edit* I rate Stevenson think he's a solid player you would see that if you read my posts.

truehibernian
21-05-2014, 11:52 PM

If he left it would bother me - he needs confidence and creative players beside him - Hibs have none, period !

His best showings were with Leigh up top - someone he knew he could hit or link with - Alex is a really top top talent, I really wish folk would see that and encourage - if we get through this play off, we need to sign two players that have creativity, as I feel the onus is solely on AH to perform - he's young but absolutely superb technique wise !

We as fans needs to get fully behind him - he will succeed, no doubt about it !

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:53 PM
As much as I agree but the abuse Collins gets outweighs the constructive criticism Harris gets
Alex Harris was never ready to be the saviour a lot on here thought he was. He had one or two not bad performances. It's not his fault the fans seen him as this but it's probably indicative of what has been happening at this club in relation to the dearth of talent that has been coming from the youth ranks. As soon as one emerges there is an unacceptable level of expectancy put on their shoulders. Then the fans get on their backs and start spouting push because their unrealistic levels of expectancy haven't been met. Then we see another young talent wasted here and allowed to prosper elsewhere. For what it's worth, I never thought Harris was first team material but think that he has the potential to become that.

RIP Bestie
21-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Not being funny but what the hell are you on about??

All I'm saying is the lad showed a bit promise and isn't anything like he was. Calm yourself down to a panic FFS.

Edit* I rate Stevenson think he's a solid player you would see that if you read my posts.
I'm on about people like you who put young players on a pedestal only to shoot them down when they don't meet your unrealistic expectations.

Cameron1875
21-05-2014, 11:57 PM
He's the new Wotherspoon. Total confidence player and when he has a bad game its the fault of the big bad fans and how we boo all the time.

Crap tonight and been crap all season. Hopefully he has a good pre season and comes back with a bit more Cajones. If not then he can beat it imo

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm on about people like you who put young players on a pedestal only to shoot them down when they don't meet your unrealistic expectations.

When did I put him on a pedestal? I'd love to know.

truehibernian
22-05-2014, 12:03 AM
He's the new Wotherspoon. Total confidence player and when he has a bad game its the fault of the big bad fans and how we boo all the time.

Crap tonight and been crap all season. Hopefully he has a good pre season and comes back with a bit more Cajones. If not then he can beat it imo

No he's not - Alex has a wee bit more than D - but he is very much like him in the sensitivity stakes !

Alex for me is a far far better player technically and pace wise than Wotherspoon - there is no comparison in my eyes. David was absolutely inconsistent and bereft of confidence and weak - Harris has far far far more to his elbow. Far more resolute for the long haul.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:05 AM
When did I put him on a pedestal? I'd love to know.
I really can't be bothered looking through previous posts by you but, what where your expectations of this young boy in his second season in the first team having missed a fair amount of that time through injury, if you would be happy for him to leave? Your post tells me that you have had very high expectations of him hence you have put him on a pedestal

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I really can't be bothered looking through previous posts by you but, what where your expectations of this young boy in his second season in the first team having missed a fair amount of that time through injury, if you would be happy for him to leave? Your post tells me that you have had very high expectations of him hence you have put him on a pedestal

My expectations were to see him be more consistent with his performances as there was flashes of a good player there. If not then he can move on as some players that age just can't do it week in week out in this league and end up moving down.

Hope to see him back after a pre season and see how he is then. Now does that mean I have put him on a pedestal??

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:18 AM
My expectations were to see him be more consistent with his performances as there was flashes of a good player there. If not then he can move on as some players that age just can't do it week in week out in this league and end up moving down.

Hope to see him back after a pre season and see how he is then. Now does that mean I have put him on a pedestal??
No it probably means that you just type the first p**h that comes into your head

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:21 AM
No it probably means that you just type the first p**h that comes into your head

Eh?? Coming from you that's a tad ironic!

Russ
22-05-2014, 12:23 AM

Cheer up pal we won Lol

steakbake
22-05-2014, 12:26 AM
He'll come good. That is all.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Eh?? Coming from you that's a tad ironic!
You want him to go, then you're challenged, oh, you hope to see him back in close season. Make your mind up

baggio70
22-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Agree poor man management by T B .Harris wasn't contributing everyone could see that so should of been take. Off as it doesn't do anything for his confidence .

Agree 100%

Russ
22-05-2014, 12:40 AM

The laddie should be nowhere near the first team, it is a sad indictment that Fenlon's fannies are no better. He is young and under Butcher's tuition I am sure he will be the player he was before his injury.

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:45 AM
You want him to go, then you're challenged, oh, you hope to see him back in close season. Make your mind up

Read my posts, if he can't do it next season let him go but I feel he can if he recaptures the early form.

baggio70
22-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Far too much pressure on the young man. Everyone knows that. He'll be back , whether it's off the bench next season or even the following season. There's one thing for certain the boy can play football. A bit of time and we'll see him come through.

Long Time Hibee
22-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree that he was poor tonight. Everybody wants him to do well and I can only imagine that TB kept him on in the hope that something would happen to turn his night but IMO he should have taken him off as he was clearly having a bad game. When I saw Paul coming on I assumed it would be for Alex? I wouldn't involve him on Sunday and once he's had a good pre-season am sure he'll be flying again. Anyway, fantastic result tonight from the team and hopefully finish it off on Sunday.
(Only half time tho!!) Well done Jason Cummings. 2 top quality goals, brilliant. GGTHH

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Great result for the team but i felt we played with ten men for most of the match as we would have been better playing Emmylou Harris tonight. Constantly gave the ball the ball away and was utter mince and how Butcher kept him on is beyond me.I've not read any of the other posts, but you are correct imho. a man short, and could not understand why he was not subbed, very early into the second half. he has zero confidence, no ball control(the pitch didnae help) and hardly made a pass, or tackle throughout the game. needed hooked, as all could see but what did the management team think was going on???:confused: could they not see how he was performing?

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I've not read any of the other posts, but you are correct imho. a man short, and could not understand why he was not subbed, very early into the second half. he has zero confidence, no ball control(the pitch didnae help) and hardly made a pass, or tackle throughout the game. needed hooked, as all could see but what did the management team think was going on???:confused: could they not see how he was performing?
I totally agree with this, however it's not fair on this boy as I don't think that he was ever ready for the expectation laid on him by the fans.

The_Horde
22-05-2014, 01:03 AM
He should've been taken off for his confidence? Some people talk absolute ***** on here they really do. Surely being part of a winning side and playing 90 minutes is a massive confidence boost in itself?

He wasn't great today but he certainly wasn't "worse than a man down". He put in a good shift and was always looking to counter. It might not have worked much today but Alex will be a top player at hibs. Of that I have no doubt.

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 01:05 AM
I totally agree with this, however it's not fair on this boy as I don't think that he was ever ready for the expectation laid on him by the fans.you are correct, and to a degree, Iwas expecting him to return with the promise he showed last season. he has not done well at all this season, but i'd expect him to return next season and do well. dont play him on Sunday!

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 01:11 AM
;4020284']He should've been taken off for his confidence? Some people talk absolute ***** on here they really do. Surely being part of a winning side and playing 90 minutes is a massive confidence boost in itself?

He wasn't great today but he certainly wasn't "worse than a man down". He put in a good shift and was always looking to counter. It might not have worked much today but Alex will be a top player at hibs. Of that I have no doubt.I did not say he should be taken off for his confidence.he should have been taken off, because he could not control the ball, make a pass to someone in green, make a tackle on something in red and white, get into a position to receive a ball in a dangerous area, or take a ball past a player instead of losing the said ball while failing to cut in between 2 players, thereby giving the advantage to the opposition. he was *****, the night.

RIP Bestie
22-05-2014, 01:21 AM
you are correct, and to a degree, Iwas expecting him to return with the promise he showed last season. he has not done well at all this season, but i'd expect him to return next season and do well. dont play him on Sunday!
This is a boy with promise. All I'm saying is let's not do the same with him as we have with other young players. He's not ready to carry this team. Get him back in the reserves and let him develop. Too often we have put unfair pressure on young players. It's not his fault that there has not been the influx of young talent we hoped we would see coming out of the Academy and we shouldn't rush him.

cad
22-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Alex certainly has the talent, he just needs to get his napper sorted .

H18Y GW
22-05-2014, 05:44 AM
He was totally ****
He is 20 Years old , there are guys going to the World Cup at 20, so not having that.
He twice got hurt pulling out of challenges,not even tackles .
He is powderpuff and loses the ball far too easily.
If James Collins at 22 has ever been as bad as Harris was last night , I'd be flabbergasted and in fact I'm adding Nelson to that also..

He scored a goal in the Cup semi and is dining out on that in much the same way Caldwell thought he could after Tynie
And this is a massive statement for me , I hope even Handling plays in front of him come Sunday ..

He isn't rubbish , he simply isn't good enough to play for us even in this dire time ..

Gus
22-05-2014, 06:25 AM
He is 20, there are players probably going to the WC younger than him. If your good enough you are old enough

22-05-2014, 06:44 AM
He was totally ****
He is 20 Years old , there are guys going to the World Cup at 20, so not having that.
He twice got hurt pulling out of challenges,not even tackles .
He is powderpuff and loses the ball far too easily.
If James Collins at 22 has ever been as bad as Harris was last night , I'd be flabbergasted and in fact I'm adding Nelson to that also..

He scored a goal in the Cup semi and is dining out on that in much the same way Caldwell thought he could after Tynie
And this is a massive statement for me , I hope even Handling plays in front of him come Sunday ..

He isn't rubbish , he simply isn't good enough to play for us even in this dire time ..

I think it was this that damaged Caldwell a bit. He got a very important goal but instead of using it as a platform to kick on and be successfull he seemed to assume that he had already made it and that because he scored such an important goal he now had an automatic starting place. Hense his twitter messages basically saying he didn't give a **** anymore. He went in the huff at not being picked.

NatureBoy
22-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Let's hope with a good pre season he can get some confidence back. I feel when he's trying to beat a man he's reluctant to use his body strength and will only try and go past him if he can do it from a safe distance. All effective wingers need to get close in to tempt defenders to jump in.

RIP
22-05-2014, 06:59 AM
It's not confidence with Alex.

It's fear

He is twenty but looks about 12. Boy against men. If he can fix his head he will come good.

Look at Watmore. Chopped in every game and constantly injured as a result.

Golden Bear
22-05-2014, 07:13 AM
He is 20, there are players probably going to the WC younger than him. If your good enough you are old enough

:agree:

Couldn't agree more.

J-C
22-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Up until last season Harris was totally unheard of, he appeared from nowhere from the U20's, he showed great promise, pace and decent skill but was still very raw. I'm just beginning to wonder if what we saw last season was a total one off and he's regressed back to being decidedly average, I sincerely hope this isn't the case and he quickly finds that form which made him so exciting.

Unseen work
22-05-2014, 07:19 AM
I can't beleive what I'm reading here

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2014, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=Wotherspiniesta;4019726]Fair enough, Admin.

He will be getting paid more than most 19/20 year olds. That whole team needs to shape up or ship out. You have got to blame TB as he stated a couple of months ago that Harris needs confidence so will play him in the U20's for the rest of the season, next again week he plays him.

KeithTheHibby
22-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Delighted we won obviously however Harris again was as good as a man short. Can't beat his man, loses the ball way too often and generally bottles out of challenges. I'm a fair person though and can appreciate his age, the injury he had and the fact this is his first full season.
I'm hoping he puts this season behind him and kicks on next year as there is a player in there who probably needs a few weeks off to recharge the batteries.

NOLA
22-05-2014, 09:21 AM
I think we brought him back from injury too soon, mentally don't think he was ready and add in a team losing most weeks his confidence has took a battering, needs a good rest and hopefully starts the new season 100%

Baader
22-05-2014, 09:26 AM
I think we brought him back from injury too soon, mentally don't think he was ready and add in a team losing most weeks his confidence has took a battering, needs a good rest and hopefully starts the new season 100%
Think you're spot on. I don't think hes quite ready to be back playing just yet. For his own good would keep him out for the 2nd leg and let him get a good preseasons training and encouragement under his belt.

MrRobot
22-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Felt sorry for Harris last night, nothing would go his way.

It looks like his confidence is low. Hopefully a good pre-season gets him back to the performances he was giving at the end of last season.

Expecting Rain
22-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Why don`t we just let the management team get on with their jobs of turning Harris into the quality player that he will eventually become. We could even concentrate on the positives to be gained from gaining a first leg 2-0 lead or is that too much to ask?

Paloschi
22-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Here is my take.

Alex has or at least had the potential to be one of the brightest starts in Europe. He was listed in the Uefa one's to watch at the end of last season along with the likes of Mohamed Salah (now at Chelsea) Sadio Mane (Salzberg) Maximilian Arnold (Woflsburg).

He got a horrific injury at the start of the year and he has been managed very poorly since.

Butcher rushed him back. It was clear from his performances and his timidness that he was not ready. He has struggled in a struggling team. He was then told he would see out the season with the u20's. I thought this was a great move at the time. I actually thought a spell out on loan at someone like Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline would have been ideal for him.

Butcher then changed his mind again and he was back in the firing line.

It is clear that he has lost his confidence, a yard of pace and his sharpness. He has been poorly managed. I like Butcher and support him but Alex has been one, in a series of mistakes the new management team have made.

Alex is now not the same player. Hopefully a good pre-season and extra training sessions will get him back up to speed. I also think he needs a bit of mental support to mend him. Maybe he just needs a good strong challenge on the field. Something has to click for him.

--------
22-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Why don`t we just let the management team get on with their jobs of turning Harris into the quality player that he will eventually become. We could even concentrate on the positives to be gained from gaining a first leg 2-0 lead or is that too much to ask?

Just a thought, but is it possible he was doing the job he was given - providing a degree of width while linking up with and covering the rather elderly full-back behind him? First half he and Maybury looked pretty solid; when Cairney came on and didn't do the tracking back that Alex had done, Alan Maybury looked a lot more exposed.

This is no criticism of AM, btw - he's a solid conscientious professional who certainly didn't expect to be playing as often as he has this season - but the time comes when the eye sees, the brain prompts, but the legs just don't have the spring to get you there.

(Tin hat on.) One of the major problems at ER is the way some fans lay into players at the slightest opportunity. This has been getting worse and worse the last few years, and it's the reason I'm still worried about Sunday. If Hibs concede the first goal (God forbid!) I can see the boo-boys and Foghorn Leghorns kicking off and giving Accies their very best support for the rest of the game ....

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2014, 09:48 AM
He's a shadow of the player he was pre injury, everyone can see that. I think the main problem he has is coming back into a struggling team that's playing badly and lacking in quality and confidence.

I'd have hooked him at half time yesterday, but we were lacking in any real replacement. I hope next season with a break and some growing up in the summer, he can come back the confident quality winger we all say when he first came into the side.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't think confidence is the only thing missing since his injury, his pace has gone as well. This is common with that type of injury.
His confidence can be rebuilt, I doubt the pace will come back.
He was spectacularly bad last night, there is no point sugar coating it.
Cairney should play Sunday.
The game is to important for passengers.

Expecting Rain
22-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Just a thought, but is it possible he was doing the job he was given - providing a degree of width while linking up with and covering the rather elderly full-back behind him? First half he and Maybury looked pretty solid; when Cairney came on and didn't do the tracking back that Alex had done, Alan Maybury looked a lot more exposed.

This is no criticism of AM, btw - he's a solid conscientious professional who certainly didn't expect to be playing as often as he has this season - but the time comes when the eye sees, the brain prompts, but the legs just don't have the spring to get you there.

(Tin hat on.) One of the major problems at ER is the way some fans lay into players at the slightest opportunity. This has been getting worse and worse the last few years, and it's the reason I'm still worried about Sunday. If Hibs concede the first goal (God forbid!) I can see the boo-boys and Foghorn Leghorns kicking off and giving Accies their very best support for the rest of the game .... are absolutely

First paragraph sums it up, unfortunately and on occasions Harris would be criticised for not beating the man in front of him as a winger but there was more to his game and you are absolutely correct in stating that there was a good balance between him and Maybury in terms of shape and defensive duties.
Im perfectly calm about the 2nd leg but as Butcher said after the game we should be treating the game as an 0-0 scoreline and staying focused.

500miles
22-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Harris will be a quality player. He took a horrific injury, and has come back into a team losing all the time and probably with a very subdued atmosphere. Being in a winning team, regardless of his performance, will do much for his confidence and management should seek to place emphisis on the good things he done.

We shouldn't even think about "if he doesn't make the grade" at this point. Alex Harris WILL make the grade.

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Harris will be a quality player. He took a horrific injury, and has come back into a team losing all the time and probably with a very subdued atmosphere. Being in a winning team, regardless of his performance, will do much for his confidence and management should seek to place emphisis on the good things he done.

We shouldn't even think about "if he doesn't make the grade" at this point. Alex Harris WILL make the grade.

:top marks

A positive post??? Nah... It'll never catch on. Think you meant, "Back to the youth team for you son... Yer no good enough as we've read .net and they are saying Yer brutal, worse than a man short blah blah blah." What if the kid finds his form on Sunday and helps us win the game?? Personally I would want his pace down either wing. What he needs is ENCOURAGEMENT and not slated. That's how you get the best out of young laddies.

truehibernian
22-05-2014, 11:07 AM
I've seen Derek Riordan have utter mares at times yet he is the most naturally gifted football player we've had in years at the club - note the word 'natural'.

Alex is exactly the same - the boy is gifted. End of. He needs a real break in summer to work on his fitness and game awareness, but if we manage to sign another two 'flair' players he will shine. Lots and lots expected of him and he's really not an established first teamer.

Alex doesn't run, he glides. He has that deceptive Laudrup style - I'd actually show him DVD after DVD of how Laudrup played and positioned himself on the pitch in games. Alex if allowed to float is a joy at times, I love seeing his technique.

Brightest we have at Hibs and I rate him better than Stanton. Confidence boosted, pre season behind him, shared creative responsibility on the park and we'll see the best of him !

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I've seen Derek Riordan have utter mares at times yet he is the most naturally gifted football player we've had in years at the club - note the word 'natural'.

Alex is exactly the same - the boy is gifted. End of. He needs a real break in summer to work on his fitness and game awareness, but if we manage to sign another two 'flair' players he will shine. Lots and lots expected of him and he's really not an established first teamer.

Alex doesn't run, he glides. He has that deceptive Laudrup style - I'd actually show him DVD after DVD of how Laudrup played and positioned himself on the pitch in games. Alex if allowed to float is a joy at times, I love seeing his technique.

Brightest we have at Hibs and I rate him better than Stanton. Confidence boosted, pre season behind him, shared creative responsibility on the park and we'll see the best of him !

Holy moly!!! Another well thought out, positive opinion?? This place is going to the dogs I tell ya!!!

Wotherspiniesta
22-05-2014, 06:04 PM
What you talking about the OP is spot on he was ****ing murder. Worse than a man down indeed. How you can defend him and slate someone for stating the obvious is beyond me :confused:

I dont think Harris was murder at all. It certainly wasn't a great night for him, but he helped Maybury and at least was trying to take on his man. It didn't work for him last night, but he will come good.

As for "stating the obvious" .... Have you actually had a read at the OP? 20 minutes after our biggest win of the season and we have someone pissed off ripping into young Harris, comparing him to some bird, calling him mince and saying we're playing with a man short.

I guess life must be getting a bit dull for you not having Wotherspoon to rip the pish out of every week, you need a new target.

Seveno
22-05-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't think he will have been helped by the tactic of crossing the ball into the box at the earliest opportunity. His instinct is to run and he is caught in two minds.

GlenrothesHibee
22-05-2014, 06:15 PM
His confidence looked shot. From what I saw he seemed to be hiding from the ball. He seems incapable of beating his man. I really think a loan spell could be on the cards.

TheFamous1875
22-05-2014, 06:22 PM
He has no confidence, his match sharpness is non existent. He was caught offside a few times last night as he clearly wasn't focused on the game.

He should've been taken off. He has a lot of potential, and he needs to be cared for properly by the management. Get a winger in for next season (Higgenbotham I hope) and put Harris on the bench. Get the pressure off him and let him build himself up again. Same goes for Stanton and Forster. These are young kids - ease them into the game. You have to walk before you can sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2014, 07:26 PM
His confidence looked shot. From what I saw he seemed to be hiding from the ball. He seems incapable of beating his man. I really think a loan spell could be on the cards.

I agree, no getting away from it, he was pish last night and looks to be going backwards, maybe a loan in the lower divisions would benefit him.

HibbyDave
22-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Maybe not his best night/performance but he had their fullback penned back all night. The minute Harris went off, Hamilton started to get forward more easily. Stick with him and his confidence will gow.

TheFamous1875
22-05-2014, 08:02 PM
In his defence (pun intended) him and Maybury linked well together, so maybe he was doing the job he had been asked by Butcher the whole time..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD