PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings era

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 08:00 PM
New era featuring Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeemikey21
21-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Heff has been equally impressive tonight. Nice to have a front line for once!

nonshinyfinish
21-05-2014, 08:16 PM
One step at a time, eh?

Devilstorment
21-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I thought we were in the Harris era? or did that come to an abrupt end following the Falkirk semi final...

Steven_Hibs
21-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I thought Cummings and McGivern were the only two who performed tonight! Especially Cummings. The others were poor IMO!

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I reckon be around 18k on Sunday with a 4-0 win. Got to be optimistic

R'Albin
21-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I prefer to see tonight as the beginning of the Nelson and McGivern CB era.

hibby rae
21-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Did he just use the word 'zing' and the phrase 'open up a tin of beans'?

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2014, 08:49 PM
jason cummings face is beaming during the 'run down' at the moment

green day
21-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Yep, brilliant !

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Overall team performance was not too bad. Harris gave the ball away too much

hibby rae
21-05-2014, 08:53 PM
"I don't think I understood what he said afterwards". :faf: Nice one Tel.

mentalhibee
21-05-2014, 08:55 PM
His goals tonight.....sheer class!!

Titch
21-05-2014, 08:57 PM
I thought Cummings and McGivern were the only two who performed tonight! Especially Cummings. The others were poor IMO!

Heff was fantastic tonight held the ball well chased everything down and played a part in both goals

My_Wife_Camille
21-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Jason is going to be a star for Hibernian

green day
21-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Heff was fantastic tonight held the ball well chased everything down and played a part in both goals

This. They played well but we need to get more service up front, nowt from Harris sadly. Suspect Tel will change it for Sunday.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2014, 09:01 PM

This.

Heffernan was superb tonight. Movement is good, anticipation is good and he has a football brain. His hold up and cross for the 2nd ball typified that.

Cummings scored 2 great goals, both superb finishes. The 1st gave him the confidence to be smart with the 2nd rather than blasting it imo. He needed them and I think he will flourish now.

HH81
21-05-2014, 09:02 PM
As I am ill two guys came to see me and both watched game. They said the kid looks a prospect and I agree.

mentalhibee
21-05-2014, 09:03 PM
He opened a can of beans tonight!!!😂

One Day
21-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Heff has been equally impressive tonight. Nice to have a front line for once!

I thought so to, Neil McCann summed it up for me when he said Heff was a pest, he pestered them all game and looked good up front

HibsNutter
21-05-2014, 09:05 PM
That first goal was needed, done wonders for his confidence as in recent weeks he wouldn't have had the composure to score the second.

oconnors_strip
21-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Now that Cummings has broken his scoring duck nothing is going to stop him from scoring. I bet he wishes the season wasn't over!!

One proud Hibs fan here, have followed Jason's progress from last summer and so happy for him

#zing #tinofbeans

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm struggling to support Cummings. Delighted with result but the photos of him going around doing the 5-1 is just the same as two fingers to us. Cracking result tonight but not sure

duffers
How long has he got on his contract?

tonyhib7
Two up front what a difference. In previous games Jason having to do it all himself but with Heff who was great chasing, holding the ball up and the cross for the second can see lot more from the young man as that will do his confidence the power of good. GGTTH

Pretty Boy
21-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm struggling to support Cummings. Delighted with result but the photos of him going around doing the 5-1 is just the same as two fingers to us. Cracking result tonight but not sure

He was a Hearts supporter and wasn't a Hibs player at the time.

Should all the young Hibs supporters never do anything to mock Hearts in case they ever end up playing for them?

He certainly seemed to enjoy his goals tonight, a lot. He's seen the light.

Hibby Bairn
21-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Now that Cummings has broken his scoring duck nothing is going to stop him from scoring. I bet he wishes the season wasn't over!!

One proud Hibs fan here, have followed Jason's progress from last summer and so happy for him

#zing #tinofbeans

Saw him score two goals almost exactly the same as his first at Saughton Park about this time last year. I think he scored 5 in about 20 mins that night for Hutchie Vale U19s. :aok:

HH81
21-05-2014, 09:22 PM

He scored 2 and Hibs won, are you ok?:flag:

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah I realise that. He has been a good player just hope he can build on this and show us what he can do. Fed up seeing him in maroon in my local store and that he's at games at tynecastle. Fingers crossed we stay up and he scores 20 next season

Piqué
21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Two very Leigh Griffiths-esque finishes tonight. Glad we saved that 150k now! Take a bow Jason

bigwheel
21-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Oh get over it...he was a Jambo....now he isn't ...he only cares about Hibs now..He loves scoring goals - he will get a bagful for us..

The_Horde
21-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Jason is going to be a star for Hibernian

Deary me. Jump to early assumptions brigade out in force.

The_Horde
21-05-2014, 09:30 PM

He was 15/16 mate. And playing for hearts at the time. He's just gave us a great shot at staying up i think I'll forgive him.

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I want him to be a success. I want him to score 20 next season but as I said before to walk around only 10 days ago in maroon and not caring about behaviour is frustrating. Anyway GGTTH 3-1 Saturday

lugz
The Cummings picture being banded about is just showing how gutted they are that we look like staying up while they continue on their downward spiral.

Seemed to enjoy his goals for a jambo!!

Waxy
Jason Cummings.Two brilliant strikes.The importance of these goals can't be measured.Massive is a huge understatement.

truehibernian

Jesus !!! I trained with Hearts, had I made the grade would have celebrated goals and wins - in my heart, head and body though I was always a Hibs fan and toiled with the decision even back then - but you play football to win games and succeed man.

Can you not just celebrate the win and his performance ?

Don't know how old you are but did you like Peter Cormack ?

Coco Bryce
21-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Oh get over it...he was a Jambo....now he isn't ...he only cares about Hibs now..He loves scoring goals - he will get a bagful for us..

Also the son of a hearts casual.

Brightside
21-05-2014, 09:37 PM

What a load of guff. If some fans didn't know he was a wee Jambo then they need to spend a bit more time learning about who plays for us. I dont care that he and his family are Jambo fans. The boy gives 100% for us with every game. The reason we are so low in the league is far too many fans caring far too much about bloody jambos!!

Paperboy
21-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I love the reaction of the ball boys pho gets a fright for Jason's first goal and tries to get out if the way before it hits him.

it's alright, son. The net will stop it...

bawheid
21-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I want him to be a success. I want him to score 20 next season but as I said before to walk around only 10 days ago in maroon and not caring about behaviour is frustrating. Anyway GGTTH 3-1 Saturday

Aye?

bigwheel
21-05-2014, 09:39 PM

So what...my Dad did some pretty stupid things, ...Jason has a job now, scoring goals for Hibs - he loves his Job and tonight he was very good at it....

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm happy with result and performance. First away win in 2014 is a disgrace but well recieved. I understand what your all saying about doing a job and supporting a team. Just frustrating seeing what I see. It's just a personal opinion and hope Sunday goes well. Can't wait for the atmosphere!!

bigwheel
21-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Did he nick yer burd Pedro ???

WeeCraigy
21-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Are you serious mate? That photos from years ago. Stop feeding the yam trolls

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Fingers crossed next season. Opinion said and over.

Hibs90
21-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah I realise that. He has been a good player just hope he can build on this and show us what he can do. Fed up seeing him in maroon in my local store and that he's at games at tynecastle. Fingers crossed we stay up and he scores 20 next season

:rolleyes::na na:

Ronniekirk
21-05-2014, 09:46 PM
That's your problem If you didn't notice the delight on his face when he scored ,or notice and enjoy an 18 year old show maturity beyond his years at points in the game other senior players had already reverted to hoof ball then that's sad He has just given us the best possible start we could of asked for away from home ,give the guy a break .

hibby6270
21-05-2014, 09:47 PM

Aye. A comment that's up there wi Rankin's "squiggler" comment after his goal against Boruc a few years back :greengrin:aok:

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:49 PM
That's your problem If you didn't notice the delight on his face when he scored ,or notice and enjoy an 18 year old show maturity beyond his years at points in the game other senior players had already reverted to hoof ball then that's sad He has just given us the best possible start we could of asked for away from home ,give the guy a break .

No problem your right about the chance he has given us. Just frustrated and hate seeing my team in this situation x

lugz
21-05-2014, 09:51 PM
See he's caused a fuss on twitter. Paul Paton & Kyle Hutton running their mouths.

The_Horde
21-05-2014, 09:51 PM

10 days ago? That picture is at least 2 years old.

MrRobot
21-05-2014, 09:52 PM

What does that matter in the slightest?

Ronniekirk
21-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Aye. A comment that's up there wi Rankin's "squiggler" comment after his goal against Boruc a few years back :greengrin:aok:
Yep even T B alluded to it by saying I didn't understand a word Jason said .More worryingly he also said we just stuck him up there and hoped he would score So let's hope he sticks with him and Heff on Sunday and doesmt revert back to one up top .
For all those that say Collins just needs service there is no way he could of scored these two goals under the pressure we were under IMO

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 09:53 PM
;4019895']10 days ago? That picture is at least 2 years old.

Obviously the photo was a couple of years ago. But he comes into local store basically dressed as jambo except from badge. Frustrating. That's it. Over it

truehibernian
21-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Plenty Hibs casuals are Hearts fans - point ?

TornadoHibby
21-05-2014, 09:55 PM

I prefer to see tonight as the beginning of the Nelson and McGivern CB era.

I thought that we were generally competitive, more physical effort and mental commitment on a surface that we are not used to playing on which they clearly were! :agree:

Thought that Nelson was poor and almost cost us a couple of goals, Craig & Stevenson put in great shifts as did Cummings and Heffernan and Cummings got what he has deserved all season and that was a couple of excellent goals! :agree:

Gives us a good chance for winning over the two games on Sunday on our home patch but this is not over yet by any stretch of imagination. :rolleyes:

We need to step out on the pitch on Sunday with belief that we will win the match and no fear about what lies ahead in the game!

Let's not forget, that was our first win for many many weeks and we now need to put in another excellent shift and secure our second win in a few days to make sure we stay up! :agree:

Weststandwanab
As I am ill two guys came to see me and both watched game. They said the kid looks a prospect and I agree.
He has looked so all season.

I thought so to, Neil McCann summed it up for me when he said Heff was a pest, he pestered them all game and looked good up front
McCain so disappointed hibs won.

He was a Hearts supporter and wasn't a Hibs player at the time.

Should all the young Hibs supporters never do anything to mock Hearts in case they ever end up playing for them?

He certainly seemed to enjoy his goals tonight, a lot. He's seen the light. Spot on.

He can do a 5 1 eack week if he scores a brace for hibs.

Two very Leigh Griffiths-esque finishes tonight. Glad we saved that 150k now! Take a bow Jason
Indeed I doff my cap in your general direction.

Are you serious mate? That photos from years ago. Stop feeding the yam trolls
***** the yam

truehibernian
See he's caused a fuss on twitter. Paul Paton & Kyle Hutton running their mouths.

The words 'who' and 'who' will follow those two players careers - don't stress !

erskine-hibby
21-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Wasn't a certain hearts player, who scored a barrel load against us, a hibby initially?

SaulGoodman
21-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Obviously the photo was a couple of years ago. But he comes into local store basically dressed as jambo except from badge. Frustrating. That's it. Over it

Wait.. So he wasn't even wearing a Hearts top? Are you having a laugh?

Coco Bryce
21-05-2014, 09:58 PM
What does that matter in the slightest?

Never said it did. Makes it all the sweeter actually.

Hibs90
21-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Wasn't a certain hearts player, who scored a barrel load against us, a hibby initially?

Aye remember that.

Who cares if he was a jambo or is a jambo. He's clearly professional enough to put that aside and do a job for us on the pitch. Plus he has probably been converted anyway :wink:

Hibs90
21-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Wait.. So he wasn't even wearing a Hearts top? Are you having a laugh?

Loads of young yins go around in a darkish red colour these days. Fashionable I'm told :greengrin

Diclonius
21-05-2014, 10:03 PM

Nope. Rangers fan.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I thought Cummings and McGivern were the only two who performed tonight! Especially Cummings. The others were poor IMO!Pish, everyone done well, epsecially Nelson and Heff.

Ronniekirk
21-05-2014, 10:05 PM
No problem your right about the chance he has given us. Just frustrated and hate seeing my team in this situation x
Get a grip , the situation is after a run of games that looked like we were headed for the championship Cummings has scored two goals fit to win any game and set us up to stay up and rebuild in the summer .He cost us nothing as hear7s were stupid enough to let him go for nothing .if those goals and the ones he scores in next game keep us up he will be bargain of the season

dempster get him signed up on longer contract :cb

truehibernian
21-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Never said it did. Makes it all the sweeter actually.

You mentioned casuals though CB - do you realise how many Hibs 'boys' were or are Jambos ?

Explain your point ? What's casuals got to do with Jason scoring two VITAL goals for Hibs ?

Or are you trying to be 'a boy' ?

Kaff
21-05-2014, 10:06 PM

I honestly think his running and shooting style is Robertson, reminds me of him and if he can have anything like the impact on the Scottish game as him then we're in for a good couple of years. Whittaker was my favourite of the golden generation, what was his nickname again?

Wheat Hound
21-05-2014, 10:16 PM

What are that pwair of pwicks saying like?

Suburban Hibby
21-05-2014, 10:32 PM
You mentioned casuals though CB - do you realise how many Hibs 'boys' were or are Jambos ?

Explain your point ? What's casuals got to do with Jason scoring two VITAL goals for Hibs ?

Personally think it's magic his old man is a boy from back in the day- remember his old man from
Back in the day and can only imagine saying to him' what if you boy scored important goals for Hibs..........'

Get it right round ya dad- your boy is Hibs!!!!

Borderhibbie76
21-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I smell yam...its strong stench too...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

marleyhib
21-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Heff and Cummings made the difference,
more of the same on Sunday please.

poolman
21-05-2014, 10:36 PM

FFS give it a rest

Gustavo Fring
21-05-2014, 10:38 PM
he used to be a jambo but he's alright now

poolman
21-05-2014, 10:40 PM

Why don't you struggle off somewhere else then

That kind of attitude just stinks

Gus
21-05-2014, 10:43 PM
This should be a positive thread ffs, a lot of folk need to wake up, yes we been pish but got a chance to build. I thought everyone done a professional job tonight, should of been sorted 10 games ago.

On Sunday, bumper crowd let's get behind the squad and build from there

GGTTH

Barman Stanton
21-05-2014, 10:46 PM
This thread def has a strong Jambo smell about it. Couldn't care less who the lad supported.

lord bunberry
21-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I like it even better that he's a jambo and that he was released by hearts, I hope he goes on to score 100s of goals and we sell him for £10m right after he's scored the winner in the cup final. That would stick it right up that mob.

Gus
21-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I do not care if he supports Hearts, HIBERNIAN pays his wages and he is an employee, every time he plays he gives his all and that people is all u can ask.

If folk think we can only sign/produce players that are Hibs fans then u r smoking some strong gear

poolman

I always get suspicious when someone comes on the board and says " my team "

Very Yamish IMO

davhibby
Not sure if it's already been posted, but in his interview on the radio after the game, Butcher said that Cummings had come to hibs for half of what Hearts offered. Couldn't care less what he has done in the past, he's one of us now

Onion
21-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Get a grip , the situation is after a run of games that looked like we were headed for the championship Cummings has scored two goals fit to win any game and set us up to stay up and rebuild in the summer .He cost us nothing as hear7s were stupid enough to let him go for nothing .if those goals and the ones he scores in next game keep us up he will be bargain of the season

dempster get him signed up on longer contract :cb

If we go on to keep out Prem place, those two goals will have been worth £millions to the club and will have kept a lot of people in their jobs. Two quality goals, fit to win any match.

mentalhibee
21-05-2014, 10:54 PM

“I was raised a Jambo but I don’t look at their results any more. When they let me go I lost a bit of respect for the club. They just pied me! Most of my family are Hearts fans, that’s just the way it is though – you can’t pick your family. But it’s good that my uncle and a few others are Hibs fans so I’m starting to change sides. I now go to my uncle’s for tea!”

You can't pick your family mate, he's seen the light!

green day
21-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Not sure if it's already been posted, but in his interview on the radio after the game, Butcher said that Cummings had come to hibs for half of what Hearts offered. Couldn't care less what he has done in the past, he's one of us now

"What hearts offered"

He was released, no?

cat1875
21-05-2014, 10:57 PM
an 18 year old has kept hibs up fantastic IMO simple !!!!!

Unseen work
21-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Only on this forum would u get some negativity for a 18 year old guy who has just scored 2 goals and played a massive help if were to survive

Jonnyboy
21-05-2014, 10:58 PM
"What hearts offered"

He was released, no?

Yes but apparently they tried to gt him back and he told them to bolt

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Let this sink

rcarter1
21-05-2014, 11:02 PM
This thread is min gin. 2-0 to the HIBS.

Paisley Hibby
21-05-2014, 11:05 PM

You joking? I thought Stevenson, Maybury, Williams, Heff, Craig and Robertson also had good games. Okay, not pretty to watch but we got the result we needed and after this season's disasters that's all that matters.

FranckSuzy
21-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Only on this forum would u get some negativity for a 18 year old guy who has just scored 2 goals and played a massive help if were to survive

:agree:

The Harp Awakes
21-05-2014, 11:10 PM
The wee man was brilliant tonight and took his goals well. Don't care in the slightest what team he supported previously. He'll be a decent player for Hibs I'm sure and would love him to become the Hibs version of John 'Pop' Robertson in years to come.

Onceinawhile
21-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Wait a minute... he wore maroon last week?

Cummings gtf. Result changed to 0-0 please spfl/sfa.

WeeCraigy
21-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Jason was outstanding tonight. Chuffed to bits for him!

JJP
21-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Can't believe the guff on this thread! Who cares if he used to be a Jambo!? He's a Hibby now that's for sure. Remember seeing him doing some Jambo baiting on twitter a few months back when we beat them at new year.

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Paul Paton, Greg Wylde and some other muggy twat (Kyle Hutton)ripping Cummings on Twitter, bellends

Thecat23
21-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Delighted for Jason, he's a great lad. I couldn't care if he played with a hearts top under the hibs one he always gives 110% and has scored two of the most important goals for Hibs in recent seasons.

Well done Jason, long may it continue.

oconnors_strip
21-05-2014, 11:22 PM
"What hearts offered"

He was released, no?

Hearts released him after his bad knee injury then once he was fit he signed for hutchie, last summer hibs and hearts approached him, he was so impressed with what we were offering and I'm not talking about money, that he didn't even have to think about saying yes to us.

Wheat Hound
21-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Paul Paton, Greg Wylde and some other muggy twat (Kyle Hutton)ripping Cummings on Twitter, bellends

What are they saying? Why do they dislike Cummings?

Cameron1875
21-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Just home. Jason you hero!! :thumbsup:

truehibernian
21-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Personally think it's magic his old man is a boy from back in the day- remember his old man from
Back in the day and can only imagine saying to him' what if you boy scored important goals for Hibs..........'

My point was, as you said, plenty Hibs boys are Hearts through and through and always have been - not that I'm that way inclined but I always check folk that question casuals and in a way place themselves in the environment - so many young pups don't know half of what went on and who supported who.

And for what it's worth his dad wasn't a big shake in the scheme of things. Very few are.

Just found it amusing that a Hibs fan would try and mention Hearts 'casuals' (have there ever been any)and family members in the same night we won a game ?

The only Hearts casual of any 'salt' was ginger, fat and always wanted to aspire to be a Hibs casual - carrot red too, and spotty - Yam like !

SuperAllyMcleod
21-05-2014, 11:30 PM

Get over it - do you think the Jambos were ever bothered that John Robertson was a Hibbie?

The lad tries his heart out every time he pulls on a Hibs top - if he is wearing one and doing that then he will get my support.

southern hibby
21-05-2014, 11:32 PM
I remember a Hibs fan that scored a barrel load of goals for hearts, especially against us. I really do not care who the lad supports he is paid by us, under contract to us and by the look on his face tonight after scoring ,,,,,, was happy to help keep us up.

If he does a fraction of what Robertson did for them for us we should be grateful to have him. GGTTH

PedroEdin84
21-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I apologise for comments. Just frustrated. Delighted tonight with rest and should see us through. Sorry to anyone I have hurt/annoyed. Lets hope buthcher signs 5 excellent players this summer and gets rid of a few!

PS IM NOT A YAM!!!

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:36 PM

They are dissing his post match interview and mocking his credentials tonight, cringe worthy to be honest and have tweeted them.....****s

Crazyhorse
21-05-2014, 11:37 PM
This.

Heffernan was superb tonight. Movement is good, anticipation is good and he has a football brain. His hold up and cross for the 2nd ball typified that.

Cummings scored 2 great goals, both superb finishes. The 1st gave him the confidence to be smart with the 2nd rather than blasting it imo. He needed them and I think he will flourish now.

Yes I thought our front two were the pick of the bunch tonight. Didn't let Hamilton settle by chasing and harrying all night. When Cummings when off they suddenly had a lot more space and time to come forward particularly as Cairney's main contribution when he replaced him was to foul people and kick the ball back to the opposition.

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 11:37 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/22/u9asuge9.jpg

Gus
21-05-2014, 11:38 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/22/u9asuge9.jpg

They are so unnecessary mocking a fellow young player

R11Loaded
21-05-2014, 11:40 PM

Paton referred to him as "massive"

GGTTH07
His reaction to both goals showed to me who his alliance lies with. Well done Jase!

Hibee-Wylie
Slating upcoming Scottish prospects. There was a tweet in reply to this saying if he's bought a bus ticket because he's so slow getting around the pitch

SaulGoodman
21-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Average player for Dundee Utd, 23 odd year old doesn't get a game for The Rangers and an Aberdeen reject setting the heather alight at St Mirren.

Fuds.

Wheat Hound
21-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Average player for Dundee Utd, 23 odd year old doesn't get a game for The Rangers and an Aberdeen reject setting the heather alight at St Mirren.

Fuds.

calling them semi literate fuds would be generous I feel. Willing to bet JC will enjoy a better career than they non entities

macd123
21-05-2014, 11:59 PM
He s one of our own as far as i m concerned

Dashing Bob S
22-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Love the fact that he's a Jambo or ex-Jambo, with something to prove against them for letting him go. A reverse Robbo would do me fine. His background makes his goals for Hibs (and not Hearts) all the sweeter to me.

Boyle89
22-05-2014, 01:55 AM
His reaction when anyone scores tells you he enjoys playing for us. Watch him celebrate Collins goal in the new year derby not to mention his celebrations tonight.

QMU-1875
22-05-2014, 03:12 AM
I can feel it Cummings in the air tonight... Oh lord! Phil Collins inspired football songs are never a bad thing, Paul Paton, Kyle Hutton, Greg Wylde away to ******

Mon Dieu4
22-05-2014, 05:58 AM
If sparky can get done left right and centre for nothing, i expect these wee twats to be taken to task for abusing a fellow professional, classy

ronaldo7
22-05-2014, 06:50 AM
I was delighted for Jason and Hibs last night. The goals have always been there, it was just when they would come. Last night was the perfect time and it showed how much it meant to both him and us.

A new star is born.

Let's finish the job on Sunday and build for next year.

#zing #tinofbeans

Coco Bryce
22-05-2014, 07:19 AM

Exactly :agree:

Unseen work
22-05-2014, 07:24 AM

What's been said? All I seen was Paton saying "wow the boy Cummings is massive time now"

The others seem to of deleted there posts

hibeesathampden
22-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Does anyone have a screen shot of what Paton, Wylde and Hutton were saying? They appear to have deleted it. Although got a reaction from Murdoch and McDonaugh. 3 footballers, aged 27, 23 and 23 with 15 career goals between them slating an 18 year old player who has just scored a brace in a play off final. Totally lacks class.

As for the negativity, couldn't care less who he supported as a child. I know plenty of Hibs fans who don't refuse to wear maroon and hearts fans who wear green. Don't see the problem with it if you're not 12. Hope all 3 stands are singing "used to be a jambo but he's alright now" on Sunday.

Well done Jason.

aunty joyce
22-05-2014, 09:22 AM

Read this and think again!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/previous-job-gardener-means-dont-3062790

Can someone create the link please as it ain't working on my phone - ta Muchly ;-))

scuttle
22-05-2014, 09:59 AM
I apologise for comments. Just frustrated. Delighted tonight with rest and should see us through. Sorry to anyone I have hurt/annoyed. Lets hope buthcher signs 5 excellent players this summer and gets rid of a few!

PS IM NOT A YAM!!!

Why 5 then................sniff

brog
22-05-2014, 10:02 AM
I was at the Partick game in December when, IIRC, Jason made his debut. Within a minute of coming on he missed from a yard out. 2 mins later he picked up a loose ball 40 yards out, immediately drove at the Partick defence & won us a corner. I thought then this lad was a player who also had that intangible something which often separates the outstanding footballers from the merely good ones. I'm delighted for him & kudos to TB for having the courage to select him for such an important game. Jason has all the attributes to be a star for Hibs.

joe breezy
22-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Love the fact that he's a Jambo or ex-Jambo, with something to prove against them for letting him go. A reverse Robbo would do me fine. His background makes his goals for Hibs (and not Hearts) all the sweeter to me.

Hearts had the chance to take him but they didn't.

His dad is sound and still a friend of mine, we're aw Jock Tamson's bairns.

Well done last night Jason.

I was more than happy to be proved wrong on my pre-match score prediction.

Spike Mandela
22-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Must be an age thing but I couldn't understand what he said after game last night or what these young lads were saying on twitter last night. It's like a different language.

What I do understand though is how it felt in the stand last night watching the first goal crash into the net and the second delightful chip float into the goal. ****ing magic!

The celebrations, Jason's enthusiasm and the importance of the goals is ALL that matters and everbody can understand that.

s.a.m
22-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Jason Cummings @Jasoncummings35 · 43m (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35/status/469431181180940288) Beans and toast for my breakfast this morning #Zing (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Zing?src=hash)

Spike Mandela
22-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Jason Cummings @Jasoncummings35 · 43m (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35/status/469431181180940288) Beans and toast for my breakfast this morning #Zing (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Zing?src=hash)

Ha ha. Don't know what it means but I like the cut of his jib!

Hibs07p
22-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Had a peak on JK on their Jason Cummings thread to see what was being said. Appears that when he was 15, he tweeted / facebooked some derogatory rubbish about Hibs, when he was on their books. Nothing wrong with that, we,ve all done the same slagging off hearts, thats what supporters do. That was then, this is now, he is our player, and as has been posted earlier, I can see a Robbo reversal. It's up to him now, to make himself a hero at ER. Go do it Jason.

GGTTH

Jones28
22-05-2014, 11:55 AM

#Zing - I like it!

Ralphie.C
22-05-2014, 12:54 PM
#Zing - I like it!He has Zing tatooed on his left foot. He says it always after he lets one rip into the net

brog
22-05-2014, 01:07 PM
He has Zing tatooed on his left foot. He says it always after he lets one rip into the net

I have Hibernians tattooed on a certain part of my body but unfortunately usually it just reads Hibs! :wink:

Pat 0-7
22-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Anyone got a link to the interview or details of what he said? :aok:

hibeesathampden
22-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Anyone got a link to the interview or details of what he said? :aok:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9320833/cummings-bags-a-brace

bigwheel
22-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Well played in the interview J...slipping in the beans quote...you win the bet - next time , can we have "bounced around like a drunk camel ". ;)

Pat 0-7
22-05-2014, 02:55 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9320833/cummings-bags-a-brace

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
22-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Gordon Smith was a Hearts fan

Peter Cormack was a Hearts fan

Steven Whittaker was a Hearts fan

Who the **** cares if Jason was a Hearts fan?

ronaldo7
22-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Gordon Smith was a Hearts fan

Peter Cormack was a Hearts fan

Steven Whittaker was a Hearts fan

Who the **** cares if Jason was a Hearts fan?

Now all good Hibbies:greengrin

TheFamous1875
22-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Now all good Hibbies:greengrin

Whittaker now a Hibee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EdinMike
23-05-2014, 01:04 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jason-cummings-to-be-awarded-extended-hibs-deal-1-3420648

I like a wee jib so... "disclosing the youngster had joined the club just last August for half the money offered by Hearts"

Even last year they were still throwing money around...

Keith_M
23-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Apologies if already posted but, he's on the verge of signing an extended deal at Hibs.

Story here (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jason-cummings-to-be-awarded-extended-hibs-deal-1-3420648)

R11Loaded
23-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Whittaker now a Hibee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He was at a recent game at home I recall, bottom 6 game might have been the derby.

hibeemikey21
23-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Apologies if already posted but, he's on the verge of signing an extended deal at Hibs.

Story here (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jason-cummings-to-be-awarded-extended-hibs-deal-1-3420648)

OTJ called up by Wales AGAIN??!! :confused:

It's not as though they're short of good midfielders. Mental that a guy who can't get a game for an awful Hibs team is getting regular call-ups to a national side which is better than Scotland's. It would be like Handling getting a call up to the Scotland senior team.

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I just saw this on YouTube....http://youtu.be/SUPw38HkB8A

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Liked the look of Cummings from when I first saw him. It just seemed as if somebody had cursed him the way the bloomin ball just wouldnt fall for him in front of goal, at times it was almost as if he was trying too hard ... not an accusation you can level at many Hibs players.

Lets hope he can score on Sunday too and go away on his holidays a happier and super confident player.

As for the Yam thing ... I'm sure I read somewhere that the Yams emptied him on account of his injury and he wasnt too happy to see them when they realised they might have been a bit hasty in turning their backs on him. The one thing you can say is that he must have a decent attitude if he overcame his injury after a setback like the club he supports failing to stand by him.

Anyway if he still is a Yam who cares ..... plenty of guys have become legends at clubs they dont support over the years. If pride is a factor pride in yourself is all a player requires in the end. I have a feeling young Jason has that in spades.

Having said all that a special mention for Heff .... as far as I can see he was MOM on Wednesday.

Lucius Apuleius
23-05-2014, 04:08 PM

It's not as though they're short of good midfielders. Mental that a guy who can't get a game for an awful Hibs team is getting regular call-ups to a national side which is better than Scotland's. It would be like Handling getting a call up to the Scotland senior team.

Eh? We are 22nd in rankings, Wales 47th.

3pm
23-05-2014, 05:04 PM

I will get pelters but I do not believe OTJ as anywhere as bad as he's made out to be on here.

hibeemikey21
23-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Eh? We are 22nd in rankings, Wales 47th.

Don't be daft. If the FIFA rankings are to be believed, Djibouti are probably better than Spain.

I think the fact that Wales beat us both home and away in the qualifiers says it all

hibeemikey21
23-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I will get pelters but I do not believe OTJ as anywhere as bad as he's made out to be on here.

I don't doubt he his. Just haven't had a chance to see him properly. Bossed us on a number of occasions with ICT. I'm just astonished that a fringe player for the worst performing team in the SPL is getting international recognition for a decent nation

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Don't be daft. If the FIFA rankings are to be believed, Djibouti are probably better than Spain.

I think the fact that Wales beat us both home and away in the qualifiers says it all

We beat Croatia home and away, are we better than them?

According to FIFA, Spain are number 1, and Djibouti 204.