PDA

View Full Version : Sauzee

hibeerealist
21-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Can anybody confirm that Le God never lost against Hertz as a player?

Ta

smurf
21-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Can anybody confirm that Le God never lost against Hertz as a player?

Ta

No he never did as player or manager.

nribs
21-05-2014, 11:11 AM

What smurf said

hibeerealist
21-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Thanks smurf a fitba "discussion' with some of the mutant fraternity last night led me to put that in (as player) and I got a biter on the bet at 20 squid
and I am now happy to collect!!

Pretty Boy
21-05-2014, 11:23 AM
The game he was manager was brilliant.

They humped us up and down the park for 89 minutes only for John O'Neill to smash home a late equaliser. Proper scenes. Could have won it as well, Derek Townsley miscontrolled in the box with seconds to go.

Sure our front 2 that day was Hurtado and a young Garry O'Connor.

Some young guy called Derek Riordan made his debut for us that day as well.

Stevie Reid
21-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Under McLeish I think we suffered 1 defeat in 12 derbies (IIRC) - Sauzee and Latapy weren't available for the defeat, nor was Pat McGinlay.

We should have had so many more wins too - the three draws in the 6-2 season were travesties, with the Agathe open goal miss, and Mixu's chipped penalty being particularly bad.

ekhibee
21-05-2014, 11:49 AM

They humped us up and down the park for 89 minutes only for John O'Neill to smash home a late equaliser. Proper scenes. Could have won it as well, Derek Townsley miscontrolled in the box with seconds to go.

I thought Riordan's first appearance for Hibs was against Rangers when he came on as a sub, not saying you're wrong necessarily though.

dmc1875
21-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Under McLeish I think we suffered 1 defeat in 12 derbies (IIRC) - Sauzee and Latapy weren't available for the defeat, nor was Pat McGinlay.

We should have had so many more wins too - the three draws in the 6-2 season were travesties, with the Agathe open goal miss, and Mixu's chipped penalty being particularly bad.

God thats brought back bad memories

Flanny boy
21-05-2014, 03:00 PM

I remember it well pb scenes indeed.i remember saying to my mates after the game
that wee guy riordan looked about 12 but played with such a swagger.ps god bless Franck sauzee

GreenLake
21-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Get him to start our next match thread

Stevie Reid
21-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Derby matches involving Franck: -

Hibernian 1 – 1 Heart of Midlothian 14 August 1999

Heart of Midlothian 0 – 3 Hibernian 19 December 1999

Hibernian 3 – 1 Heart of Midlothian 18 March 2000

Heart of Midlothian 0 – 0 Hibernian 30 July 2000

Hibernian 6 – 2 Heart of Midlothian 22 October 2000

Heart of Midlothian 1 – 1 Hibernian 26 December 2000

Hibernian 0 – 0 Heart of Midlothian 13 May 2001

Hibernian 2 – 1 Heart of Midlothian 21 October 2001

Heart of Midlothian 1 – 1 Hibernian 29 December 2001

Deansy
21-05-2014, 04:09 PM

Have to be honest, the 6-2 game still hurts me as (IMHO) we should've and could've made 0-7 the 2nd-best result over them - for a time during that game, I honestly thought we were gonna see double-figures !!

7 Hills
21-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Have to be honest, the 6-2 game still hurts me as (IMHO) we should've and could've made 0-7 the 2nd-best result over them - for a time during that game, I honestly thought we were gonna see double-figures !!

It would have been 7, but for Hugh Dallas! He chalked off a header by Mixu for a foul on Pressley. If you watch the incident, Mixu is standing in the penalty box with his arms at his side and nods the ball in when it comes over. Pressley is standing in front of Mixu and falls over, whilst clutching a handful of Mixu's shirt! At the very least, it should've been a penalty to Hibs, but of course Dallas gave a free kick Hearts way. :fuming:

SanFranHibs
21-05-2014, 04:36 PM

Talking of bad results against them I remember we drew 0 - 0 at ER in the very early 90's (possibly late 80's?) when we were all over them. Hit the post, Weir missed a penalty or had it saved. I recall walking out in disbelief that we had not won the game.

That was the problem in that era, when they were the better team they won and when we were the 'better' team it ended in a draw !

Yep, the 6-2 game could have easily hit 8,9 and possibly double figures.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I thought Riordan's first appearance for Hibs was against Rangers when he came on as a sub, not saying you're wrong necessarily though.

I was right behind the goal that day and deek put a shot 2 foot past the post with minutes to go...... not sure if it was before or after oneils goal though