PDA

View Full Version : Question East mains

Hibby cal
21-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Has east mains been beneficial to our club or has it made our players soft.
back in the old days a trip in the mini bus to train at jack Kane center or porty was the
done thing. At East mains our players get pampered ie ( meals ,TV , Xbox, play stations etc)
maybe a bit of the old school methods would be the way forward. Back to our roots.

marinello59
21-05-2014, 05:18 AM
On the morning of our biggest match in years I think we should have a greatest hits style list as to why everything about our club is *****. That's the training centre ticked off. What's next?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Yet another sideshow which has been done to death.
Anyone know of there's an important game on tonight?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2014, 05:26 AM
"I love the smell of naeYam in the morning..."

MelbourneHibby
21-05-2014, 05:37 AM
back in the old days a trip in the mini bus to train at jack Kane center or porty was the
done thing. At East mains our players get pampered ie ( meals ,TV , Xbox, play stations etc)
maybe a bit of the old school methods would be the way forward. Back to our roots.

Football team eating meals !!!!!

Yaaaaa Petrie!!!!

Time For Heroes
21-05-2014, 05:39 AM

Exactly! How about from now until Sunday night we stop all these nonsense threads, concentrate on staying up and supporting our club.
Yam fandans will be out in force, lets ignore them.
(Not suggesting anyone is a yam btw)
GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
21-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Still don't know how this is used as an argument. Having these facilities doesn't do clubs that are bigger and more successful than us, any harm.

Callum_62
21-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Back to our roots.

They o so successful roots

:rolleyes:

dangermouse
21-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Still don't know how this is used as an argument. Having these facilities doesn't do clubs that are bigger and more successful than us, any harm.

:top marks

I can just see Messi turning up at Old Trafford to sign on the dotted line then given a pair of rubber gloves.

"What are these for?" he asks.
"That's so your hands don't get dirty when you help pick up the dog **** beside the swing park before we start training" is the reply.
"**** that" he says, "I'm off to check out East Mains and join Hibernian just like Archie did all those years ago."

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Apparently Sir Alex in his blueprint for United future said the academy was the first thing to ditch.... Not

Jdawg
21-05-2014, 07:25 AM
This east mains conundrum is idiotic, poor players with a top training facility will be poor players.

Speedway
21-05-2014, 07:32 AM

Back in the day, there was no Hibernian FC. Maybe we should try that?

southsider
21-05-2014, 07:45 AM
I used go watch them train in the grounds of the bakery at Hawkhill in the school holidays. (sunblest ?). Johnny Hamilton shot miles over and as i ran to retrieve the ball Turnbull roared at me "cum back wi the ba ya wee basturd". I did.

Saorsa
21-05-2014, 07:49 AM
On the morning of our biggest match in years I think we should have a greatest hits style list as to why everything about our club is *****. That's the training centre ticked off. What's next?

Exactly! How about from now until Sunday night we stop all these nonsense threads, concentrate on staying up and supporting our club.
Yam fandans will be out in force, lets ignore them.
(Not suggesting anyone is a yam btw)
GGTTHAye because what's posted on here today is really going tae effect what happens tonight :rolleyes: perhaps everything that is wrong at ER starts & finishes with what is posted on here. :agree:

Personally I think blaming EM for our problems is silly but these constant posts of lets no talk about this, lets no talk about that like it willl have any effect on the outcome of the play off are equally as bad IMO, lets just close the board 'til monday so naebody can discuss any subjects that dinnae suit other posters.

easty
21-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Aye because what's posted on here today is really going tae effect what happens tonight :rolleyes: perhaps everything that is wrong at ER starts & finishes with what is posted on here. :agree:

lets just close the board 'til monday so naebody can discuss subjects that dinnae suit.

It's a FACT that James Collins has never scored when there has been an East Mains thread on the first page of the main forum. Probably.

Now you tell me that isn't proof that this board directly affects the team performance.

Fife-Hibee
21-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I used go watch them train in the grounds of the bakery at Hawkhill in the school holidays. (sunblest ?). Johnny Hamilton shot miles over and as i ran to retrieve the ball Turnbull roared at me "cum back wi the ba ya wee basturd". I did.

Hahaha

eggbamyasi
21-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Got to be my personally most hated comment that east mains is somehow to blame or is even questioned that we shouldn't have it lmao !!!!
Really is mental to think that .
I watched part of a thing on youtube last night . Inside hibernian 1999-2000 , hadnt seen it before was really good but showed how bad our training was lol stuart lovell was saying they didnt know where it was going to be each day and it changed all the time , journey etc etc sounded so amature and also some players dirk lehman and shaun dennis and a few others never bothered turning up sometimes due to location travel time lmao . Having a top quality training facility is only and will only evrr be a superb thing , one thing the current owner and board have defo done right big time . Was a weird bit in that video where lovell had the camera and he introduced all the players sitting in the dressing room but ignored didier agathe three times lol totally blanked him didnt say his name once .also funny seeing a very young gary O'connor cleaning latapys boots and talking about getting £100 tip from him for doing it lol .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
21-05-2014, 08:15 AM
It has made us soft, before we had east mains we were as hard as nails and used to win everything.

jdships
21-05-2014, 08:20 AM

jdships
21-05-2014, 08:22 AM

That say's it all for me - thank you :thumbsup:

Zander
21-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Training on public parks didn't help us in 98

The Gorf
21-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Aye because what's posted on here today is really going tae effect what happens tonight :rolleyes: perhaps everything that is wrong at ER starts & finishes with what is posted on here. :agree:

Personally I think blaming EM for our problems is silly but these constant posts of lets no talk about this, lets no talk about that like it willl have any effect on the outcome of the play off are equally as bad IMO, lets just close the board 'til monday so naebody can discuss any subjects that dinnae suit other posters.

The Gorf
21-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Better watch out, you better beware you might just be labelled a "yam" if you criticise anything on here.

Captain Trips
21-05-2014, 08:31 AM
The problems at Hibs are nothing to do with EM as it is. The managers and players over the last few years see us were we are this morning regardless if we had EM or not. My gripe was with EM at the time in that I thought it was an OTT facility for the club and therefore too expensive. So IMO we wasted money on something so big what that has caused years later on budgets etc is anyones guess.

It is the people using the facility at fault not EMs itself.

Gettin' Auld
21-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Has it relocated to yank land?

greenpaper55
21-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Training on public parks didn't help us in 98

Training at the 5 million pound training centre has hardly helped then has it plus the 500k a year running costs ?. Better to spend the money on good players

jacomo
21-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Better watch out, you better beware you might just be labelled a "yam" if you criticise anything on here.

Quoting your own thread? Now that is Yammish :wink:

It's not that discussing EM is out of bounds, but it's been done to death. Really don't think the same chat needs dragging up today.

yekimevol
21-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Ive never agreed with this statement, are rangers and celtic soft ? No, are hearts soft ? No, They all have there own / share training centers and out perform us every season.

oconnors_strip
21-05-2014, 09:46 AM

Have you been to east mains and seen the facilities? Play stations etc are no longer there. And the elements the players train in out there can be sometimes a lot worse than in Edinburgh, there is no protection from the battering winds and rain.

People have to remember it's not just the first team who use east mains

roryg
21-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm listening to Del Amitri. Let's kiss Hamilton goodbye 🎼

The Gorf
21-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Quoting your own thread? Now that is Yammish :wink:

It's not that discussing EM is out of bounds, but it's been done to death. Really don't think the same chat needs dragging up today.
I agree with you and yes I was being a bit yammish. Should check before I post . Lol.
:tbgwa:

Pretty Boy
21-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Training at the 5 million pound training centre has hardly helped then has it plus the 500k a year running costs ?. Better to spend the money on good players

We would still have huge outgoings for training facilities even if we scrapped the training centre.

It wouldn't be a case of suddebly freeing up £500K or whatever for players as we would have to pay rental for pitches, rental for indoor facilities, rental for a gym. A lot of the meeting spaces, lunch area etc wiuld have to be moved to ER which would still have running costs.

Scrapping the training centre would probably save some cash but it would be a relatively small amount.

Obviously selling the land would bring in quick money but scrapping a training centre is short term thinking imo. And i know we have been pish for nearly 7 years before anyone says so!

RIP
21-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Aye because what's posted on here today is really going tae effect what happens tonight :rolleyes: perhaps everything that is wrong at Hibernian Football Club starts & finishes with what is posted on here. :agree:

Best to go off to yer kip DD and let the happy clappers have a day of positivity looking forward to the match.

If the result goes agin us tonight ye can fill yer boots tomorrow :aok:

silverhibee
21-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Don't know if this will come as a shock to some but every training centre i have been at it is designed to make the players feel good in the surroundings of it, if that means TV Xbox etc etc then so what, they all have they kind of things at training centres, bet you every EPL La Liga etc etc all have the latest Xbox playstation games, you could say it is used for a bit bonding, players having a laugh away from the training field and keeping them at the training centre for a bit longer during the day, really don't see the problem as when it comes down to working out on the training pitch that is what the players will be doing, they won't be sneaking away for a quick game of GTA.

I just happen to know someone who has experienced both sides of the debate, done the travelling all over Edinburgh to train on piss poor pitches covered in dog poo and broken glass with local bams turning up giving the players abuse, hurrying back to ER to get there lunch and then back out for another training session, just not the things a modern player should be doing in this day, that person leaves and when he returns a few seasons later it is to a new East Mains, have i heard him say anything bad about it, maybe the situation with it being close to the moon, but that would be it, everything in one place, no jumping in to mini buses to train, meals made for them that they pay for, superb pitches to train on, inside facilities to train in, everything the modern player should have all in the one place, and when training was finished for the day some players would stay behind and relax at EM and have a shot of the play station, others could go back out on to the training pitch and practice on there shooting/freekicks/corners you name it, something you couldn't do if you went back to there roots.

EM is great for the players, anyone who thinks they get pampered while they are out there need to pop down for the day and see the hard work they put in, EM over travelling over the Capital every day to train 100%.

silverhibee
21-05-2014, 11:56 AM

The Hibs bus, it's not green.

silverhibee
21-05-2014, 11:58 AM
It's a FACT that James Collins has never scored when there has been an East Mains thread on the first page of the main forum. Probably.

Now you tell me that isn't proof that this board directly affects the team performance.

Has James Collins had a decent sleep yet.

chasitup
21-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I remember Hibs training at Letham Park on Ferry Road back in the 80's. Benny Brazil, Ralph Callaghan, Alan Sneddon et al. Didn't do them any harm, oh wait....

Saorsa
21-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Best to go off to yer kip DD and let the happy clappers have a day of positivity looking forward to the match.

If the result goes agin us tonight ye can fill yer boots tomorrow :aok:I'll post as and when I see fit thanks, without consulting you or anybody else. :aok:

Nothing tae dae with being positive or negative, what is posted on here has nothing tae dae with what will happen tae Hibs tonight or any other time, that is down tae those playing for, managing and running Hibs (badly)

DAVE1875
21-05-2014, 01:11 PM

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7F6nfN0e3WQ/hqdefault.jpg

EATING MEALS?!?

Lago
21-05-2014, 01:18 PM
back in the old days a trip in the mini bus to trainis not the cause of Hibs problemsat jack Kane center or porty was the

For goodness sake East Mains has been done to death. Every aspiring football club has their own training ground and those that dont want one. East Mains is not the problem. You'll be advocating lace up leather balls, football boots that go up and over the ankle on which dubbin is applied after every game.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2014, 03:33 PM
What East Mains is missing is a new player induction regime:

Day 1
Into a small room where they are strapped to a chair for 24 hours with their eyes glued open and they are made to watch a huge screen where the words 'YOU MUST BEAT THE HEARTS !!!' are flashed up every second.

Day 2
They move to another room where they must watch a three hour film on the history of the club.

Day 3
Down to Sunnyside where a three hour long fans forum batters into them what a pain in the arse it has been following the Hibs for the last 7 years and that they simply must give everything they have to turn things around.

Day 4
Back to the wee room at East Mains where they are strapped back into the chair their eyes are re glued open and the big screen flashes 'NEVER GIVE IN' every two seconds.

Day 5
A talk from guest speaker Ya Ya Toure entitled 'its not all about you'

Day 6
A night of quiet reflection at St Patricks church where the player meditates and prays over his Hibs strip like knights of old and swears never to let the fans down.

Day 7
Out to George street to get totally Rat Arsed to prove that playing for the Hibs aint all work work work.

Jamesconnolly
21-05-2014, 04:41 PM
What East Mains is missing is a new player induction regime:

Day 1
Into a small room where they are strapped to a chair for 24 hours with their eyes glued open and they are made to watch a huge screen where the words 'YOU MUST BEAT THE HEARTS !!!' are flashed up every second.

Day 2
They move to another room where they must watch a three hour film on the history of the club.

Day 3
Down to Sunnyside where a three hour long fans forum batters into them what a pain in the arse it has been following the Hibs for the last 7 years and that they simply must give everything they have to turn things around.

Day 4
Back to the wee room at East Mains where they are strapped back into the chair their eyes are re glued open and the big screen flashes 'NEVER GIVE IN' every two seconds.

Day 5
A talk from guest speaker Ya Ya Toure entitled 'its not all about you'

Day 6
A night of quiet reflection at St Patricks church where the player meditates and prays over his Hibs strip like knights of old and swears never to let the fans down.

Day 7
Out to George street to get totally Rat Arsed to prove that playing for the Hibs aint all work work work.
Funny as **** Nae bovril that must rank as one of the best posts ever

down-the-slope
21-05-2014, 05:04 PM

More Myths trotted out as Fact........

Keith_M
21-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Personally, I think it all went downhill when Hibs stopped wearing V Neck tops.

Stax
21-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't know if this will come as a shock to some but every training centre i have been at it is designed to make the players feel good in the surroundings of it, if that means TV Xbox etc etc then so what, they all have they kind of things at training centres, bet you every EPL La Liga etc etc all have the latest Xbox playstation games, you could say it is used for a bit bonding, players having a laugh away from the training field and keeping them at the training centre for a bit longer during the day, really don't see the problem as when it comes down to working out on the training pitch that is what the players will be doing, they won't be sneaking away for a quick game of GTA.

I just happen to know someone who has experienced both sides of the debate, done the travelling all over Edinburgh to train on piss poor pitches covered in dog poo and broken glass with local bams turning up giving the players abuse, hurrying back to ER to get there lunch and then back out for another training session, just not the things a modern player should be doing in this day, that person leaves and when he returns a few seasons later it is to a new East Mains, have i heard him say anything bad about it, maybe the situation with it being close to the moon, but that would be it, everything in one place, no jumping in to mini buses to train, meals made for them that they pay for, superb pitches to train on, inside facilities to train in, everything the modern player should have all in the one place, and when training was finished for the day some players would stay behind and relax at EM and have a shot of the play station, others could go back out on to the training pitch and practice on there shooting/freekicks/corners you name it, something you couldn't do if you went back to there roots.

EM is great for the players, anyone who thinks they get pampered while they are out there need to pop down for the day and see the hard work they put in, EM over travelling over the Capital every day to train 100%.
Great post, can't argue with any of that. Any time I've dropped my son or waited on him after his green shoots training, I've always been impressed by the professionalism & hard work on show. Granted they could do with transferring some of that on to the pitch :greengrin

RIP
21-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I'll post as and when I see fit thanks, without consulting you or anybody else. :aok:

Nothing tae dae with being positive or negative, what is posted on here has nothing tae dae with what will happen tae Hibs tonight or any other time, that is down tae those playing for, managing and running Hibs (badly)

Players read social media before a game - no?

Supporters being positive helps to lift the team - no?

We can be critical of the management but still support the club - no?

down-the-slope
21-05-2014, 05:33 PM

but they don't..why do people keep trotting these myths out :confused:

Jones28
21-05-2014, 05:36 PM

It's not like that, it's trying to create a positive attitude and togetherness before a history defining match. If you're putting it that simply then you're just being silly.

oconnors_strip
21-05-2014, 05:39 PM

Cause there was when the centre first opened

down-the-slope
21-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Cause there was when the centre first opened

Yes I know that...but that is irrelevant currently in the same was as us being a flair team :rolleyes:

They do have a table tennis table :greengrin...wonder if thats considered acceptable

emerald green
21-05-2014, 06:09 PM
East Mains is a fantastic facility which everyone connected with Hibs should be very proud of. Every club in the country would give their left nut for something even half as good.

Saorsa
21-05-2014, 11:45 PM
It's not like that, it's trying to create a positive attitude and togetherness before a history defining match. If you're putting it that simply then you're just being silly.away 'n' bile yer heid son :aok:

Players read social media before a game - no?

Supporters being positive helps to lift the team - no?

We can be critical of the management but still support the club - no?If anybody at ER was on here today worrying about what was posted I'd be questioning that, I'd have thought they'd have better things tae dae than that. Anyhoo here I am tae post my delight at tonights result regardless of what you might think.:aok:

Crazyhorse
22-05-2014, 12:10 AM
East Mains is a fantastic facility which everyone connected with Hibs should be very proud of. Every club in the country would give their left nut for something even half as good.

I don't think that is the case where supporters are concerned. What they want to see is a hard working, committed and talented team on the park actually achieving something. Achievement say of the level of Motherwell who have very few fans and nothing like EM.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 01:48 PM

It's not a myth, they were there when EM opened.

down-the-slope
22-05-2014, 05:24 PM
It's not a myth, they were there when EM opened.

:rolleyes: Silver as already stated I know that...but tense (are or were) makes a whole world of difference - the inference being that they are now loafing around using such games machines / not training and that's why we have been poor this season...that is a load of tosh

--------
22-05-2014, 05:45 PM

Aye, but Silver, Ah mind when Jock Wallace took Rangers doon tae Gullane and ran thum up and doon the dunes until they a spewed thur guts up.

And then made thum dae it a ower again until they spewed thur guts up again.

If Eddie T had done that wi the Tornadoes, they'd huv won the European Cup so they wud.

We've awis pampered thum at ER.

Make thum train in lead-soled buits is whit Ah say.

emerald green
22-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't think that is the case where supporters are concerned. What they want to see is a hard working, committed and talented team on the park actually achieving something. Achievement say of the level of Motherwell who have very few fans and nothing like EM.

I agree with what you say about what supporters want to see. That's pretty obvious. However, having a training facility like ours should not hinder that goal, it should help towards achieving it. Why that hasn't happened to date is not due to having excellent training facilities. More likely due to the standard of players and coaches perhaps? Before anyone says it, yes Hibs have a number of decent players on their books. Some not so good, and maybe some not suited to the current manager's style of play?

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes: Silver as already stated I know that...but tense (are or were) makes a whole world of difference - the inference being that they are now loafing around using such games machines / not training and that's why we have been poor this season...that is a load of tosh

I know that, i know what goes on at EM and it is no playground, a lot of hard work is done there, even when the computer games were there no one was loafing around at EM, i really couldn't care if they are there or not but if folk think EM is for loathing around then they are sadly wrong.

SouthamptonHibs
22-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I say bin East Mains and hire Spartans training ground out.

Three days training = 1 win

1000's off days training at East Mains = hardly any wins

down-the-slope
22-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I know that, i know what goes on at EM and it is no playground, a lot of hard work is done there, even when the computer games were there no one was loafing around at EM, i really couldn't care if they are there or not but if folk think EM is for loathing around then they are sadly wrong.

:agree: maybe the re-introduction of the TT table made the difference last night :wink:

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 08:06 PM
:agree: maybe the re-introduction of the TT table made the difference last night :wink:

Terry brought in a game of battle ship today, spoiling them :greengrin