Future17
20-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Is he for real?!? :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

McSwanky
20-05-2014, 12:58 PM

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. If I hadn't faffed about posting that thread I would have been there first.

Groathillgrump
20-05-2014, 01:00 PM

Ha ha what a diva if true! Reading between the lines it looks like his agent is trying to engineer a move but using a birthday 'snub' as a reason is pathetic.

Haymaker
20-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Toys out the pram big style!

dmc1875
20-05-2014, 01:01 PM
His agent has done something similar the past three years

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Poor wee lamb.

The clubs owners are stumping up hundreds of thousands of pounds a month for his wages but they didn't shake his hand on his birthday. Won't somebody please think of the children?!?!

Jack
20-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Prick!

Boyle89
20-05-2014, 01:06 PM
This sound like the agent trying to get some commission from another contract extension.

Just Alf
20-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Ha ha ha!

Mind you....
""It is more important he plays for a club that respects him more than having a few thousand pounds added to his salary."

Petrie!?

Mind you, on 2nd thoughts, might be a bit hard for us to stop laughing and do some respect stuff..... Ah well.....

lapsedhibee
20-05-2014, 01:14 PM
This sound like the agent trying to get some commission from another contract extension.

Ah well, if it's his agent's idea then Yaya is entirely blameless. (See 8324975329857320 earlier Katie threads on here.)

Haymaker
20-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Signed a 4 year one last year. Ball is in Citehs court, not Yayas

Future17
20-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Gutted. Absolutely gutted. If I hadn't faffed about posting that thread I would have been there first.

Ha ha! To be fair, your thread title was better than mine.

CB_NO3
20-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Happy Birthday Yaya.

greenpaper55
20-05-2014, 01:40 PM
I wonder what the Hibs players get for their birthday from Rod ?.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I wonder what the Hibs players get for their birthday from Rod ?.

An invoice for £3.49 to cover the cost of a Clintons card and a 1st class stamp.

Just Alf
20-05-2014, 01:52 PM
An invoice for £3.49 to cover the cost of a Clintons card and a 1st class stamp.

WHAT!

Angry about that, if only they'd used the card factory.. 50p + the postage!

:D

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2014, 01:54 PM

Jonnyboy
20-05-2014, 01:56 PM
There is no doubt that Yaya is a world class player. There is no doubt he deserves to be recognised as such, BUT .........

First he claims that because he comes from Africa he's not mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo and Messi

Next, he claims his club don't appreciate him because no club officials wished him a happy birthday

My conclusions? Great player but a self obsessed er5e at the same time :greengrin

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 03:19 PM

He's now tweeted that everything his agent said is true and that he speaks for him. Also said he will explain everything after the World Cup.

What a child.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2014, 03:32 PM
He's now tweeted that everything his agent said is true and that he speaks for him. Also said he will explain everything after the World Cup.

What a child.

There's a theory that Yaya tweeted the first 2 comments, then his agent wrote his next 2. Would make sense

3pm
20-05-2014, 03:36 PM
There is no doubt that Yaya is a world class player. There is no doubt he deserves to be recognised as such, BUT .........

First he claims that because he comes from Africa he's not mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo and Messi

Next, he claims his club don't appreciate him because no club officials wished him a happy birthday

My conclusions? Great player but a self obsessed er5e at the same time :greengrin

I don't think he's world class! Excellent player but ideas above his station.

allezsauzee
20-05-2014, 03:39 PM
The story could of course be a lot of poop on a slow news day.

hibsbollah
20-05-2014, 03:41 PM

He'd be in my world eleven every day of the week. Oustanding player.

DarlingtonHibee
20-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Almost beyond belief - he would do well to look at the poverty in his homeland.

As for the agent, enjoy your money.

CB_NO3
20-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Best midfielder in the world just now IMO.

Future17
20-05-2014, 04:59 PM
The story could of course be a lot of poop on a slow news day.

:confused:

It was the agent who started the story and Toure has now tweeted on it. I don't think the papers can be accused of making this up...for once. :greengrin

The_Exile
20-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Utter welt IMO, got as far as the mention of Roberto Carlos and the Bugatti and stopped reading, that comment said it all, he wanted something flash from the rich owners for his birthday and has now taken the hump. Who's employers make some kind of concerted effort to shake the employees hand every birthday? Roaster.

emerald green
20-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Some of these grossly overpaid footballers, including YaYa Toure, appear to have completely lost touch with reality, are full of their own self importance, and have hugely inflated egos.

easty
20-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Best midfielder in the world just now IMO.

:agree: He'd walk into any team in the world nae bother. Outstanding footballer, and makes it all look so easy.

OsloHibs
20-05-2014, 08:00 PM
This is hilarious :faf: Cake gate!

leggeto
20-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Big bairn

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 08:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10355901_10152418933924914_5976450813356041244_n.p ng

Diclonius
20-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Highest paid player in the Premier League and still him and his agent want more. Meanwhile most of us in this country won't earn in a lifetime what he does in a month.

I really hope this pure uncontrolled greed comes back and majorly ****s up the EPL.

20-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Pathetic doesn't even cover it!

GlesgaeHibby
20-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I wouldnt give a toss if my employers even spoke to me or not when earning the silly money he is.

lord bunberry
20-05-2014, 10:50 PM
apparently he also complained his picture outside the stadium wasn't big enough and that there wasn't enough yaya shirts in the club shop

Sir David Gray
20-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Let me get this right.

He's actually upset and reportedly on the verge of leaving because no-one at the club shook his hand on his birthday when they arrived in the UAE?

The last time I came across anything like this, I was in primary school!

That is honestly beyond belief.

Scottie
20-05-2014, 11:11 PM
How far out of the real world does this guy live ? :confused:

3 years left on contract at £250k a week and he's trying to work his ticket out of Man City.

Absolute tube :dummytit:

TRC
20-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Did he not spit the dummy out recently at not getting enough recognition in the media for the season he's had. The BBC have been salivating all over him this year. For me, for all the good he has done on the pitch he completely ruins it with these sort of comments. It makes you wonder why barca let him go?

3pm
21-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Did he not spit the dummy out recently at not getting enough recognition in the media for the season he's had. The BBC have been salivating all over him this year. For me, for all the good he has done on the pitch he completely ruins it with these sort of comments. It makes you wonder why barca let him go?

Barca let him go because he's not in the league of the other midfielders they had...and still have.

Yaya anonymous in the Champions League against them.

Future17
21-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Has apparently now said that he could be at a different club next season - and HE'S the one talking about being shown a lack of respect!!!

You couldn't make it up.

HH81
21-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Id stick 100 million price tag on him and tell him he is staying.

What a baby.

nribs
21-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Is it true that the Hearts fans have their ovens at the ready again to entice him to the wongadome with a selection of fairy cakes?

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Fitba players are only human and sometimes the expectations that are heaped upon them to be different or set some sort of an example to the human race are unfair.

On that basis even super rich pampered megastars like Ya Ya will be prone to the affects of the ups and downs and every day pressures which affect all of us.

But Ya Ya mate ...... to go public like a greetin' faced wee bairn over this stuff just makes you look like an utter twat. I dont know if yer mum smacked yer erse when you were a bairn ... if she did it wisnae bloody often or hard enough.

Grow up.

jacomo
21-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Barca let him go because he's not in the league of the other midfielders they had...and still have.

Yaya anonymous in the Champions League against them.

C'mon now.

Allant1981
21-05-2014, 04:20 PM
C'mon now.

Id have iniesta, xavi and busquests in my team before id have toure

hibeemikey21
21-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Id have iniesta, xavi and busquests in my team before id have toure

You would be on your own there. Iniesta - fair enough, but, present day toure is better than both xavi and busquets

PeeJay
21-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Must admit I sort of sympathise in a way with the guy - not a "tweet" person, so not sure what he may have said other than he was miffed about not receiving any birthday congratulations. I see many posters here deriding Yaya Toure, but one has to also wonder what type of club officials openly snub one of their own highly-paid assets/players on his birthday, on a high-profile foreign trip? Maybe the officials didn't know it was his birthday, well then the club's PR staff has failed there IMO. Maybe they knew and didn't care? The press the club is receiving for this is not good ...

FWIW - Bayern München - a club I don't particularly care for, would NEVER snub one of their players who had a birthday, wherever they were: it's all part and parcel of running a football club in a professional manner. Anyway, it's common decency surely to congratulate a team mate when they have a birthday?

500miles
21-05-2014, 05:04 PM
You would be on your own there. Iniesta - fair enough, but, present day toure is better than both xavi and busquets

It's easy to say that when they are at different clubs in different leagues, but when they were at Barca together, they all got picked ahead of him.

easty
21-05-2014, 05:09 PM
It's easy to say that when they are at different clubs in different leagues, but when they were at Barca together, they all got picked ahead of him.

Tevez didn't get picked for the Argentina squad for the World Cup. Franco Di Santo (ex Wigan and Chelsea) was the stand by striker. Samir Nasri didn't make the France squad.

Sometimes managers just dinnae fancy a player. Toure would easily get a game for any club in the world based on talent.

weonlywon6-2
21-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Its well seeing sir alex ferguson isnt his manager cause im sure he would have something to say about it

lapsedhibee
21-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Must admit I sort of sympathise in a way with the guy - not a "tweet" person, so not sure what he may have said other than he was miffed about not receiving any birthday congratulations. I see many posters here deriding Yaya Toure, but one has to also wonder what type of club officials openly snub one of their own highly-paid assets/players on his birthday, on a high-profile foreign trip? Maybe the officials didn't know it was his birthday, well then the club's PR staff has failed there IMO. Maybe they knew and didn't care? The press the club is receiving for this is not good ...

FWIW - Bayern München - a club I don't particularly care for, would NEVER snub one of their players who had a birthday, wherever they were: it's all part and parcel of running a football club in a professional manner. Anyway, it's common decency surely to congratulate a team mate when they have a birthday?

:bitchy: Are you his agent?

2 mins 40 secs in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvySDULqyt8

Northernhibee
21-05-2014, 05:44 PM
This sort of **** is why I can't watch the EPL.

hibeemikey21
21-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Tevez didn't get picked for the Argentina squad for the World Cup. Franco Di Santo (ex Wigan and Chelsea) was the stand by striker. Samir Nasri didn't make the France squad.

Sometimes managers just dinnae fancy a player. Toure would easily get a game for any club in the world based on talent.

Plus, toure is now a completely different player to the one that was at barca. Used to be a defensive player. He played centre half in the champs league final v arsenal!

Since he has added the attacking element to his game, he has stepped up to a whole new level

hibeemikey21
21-05-2014, 06:11 PM
This sort of **** is why I can't watch the EPL.

Haha - makes for good entertainment though!

mixumatosis
21-05-2014, 06:12 PM

What you are describing is called pandering.

Perhaps they thought that paying him quarter of a million pounds a week (repeat that to yourself-quarter of a million a week) would be sufficient to demonstrate how highly they value him. Perhaps they thought that, as a nice gesture, they'd buy him a cake. Perhaps they thought that having done so, itwouldn't be necessary to buy him a million pound car as well.

The "handshake snub" is horse *****. It's morally repugnant to feign this kind of martyrdom over something like this, but then you reap what you sow. Citeh and Toure deserve each other. A plague on both their houses.

nellio
21-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Just trying to engineer himself a move after the world cup. Piss poor way of doing it though!

Beefster
21-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Man City tweeted to say happy birthday and he was given a cake on the plane over apparently. He thinks he's hard-done by, I've not had a "happy birthday" or a cake from Mrs or Mini Beefster since 2007.

Toure is acting like a six year old. Given his previous chat about not being appreciated because he's from Africa and his annual agitating for a move/new contract, he's evidently a bit of a diva.

Speedy
21-05-2014, 07:47 PM

I wonder if he shakes the hand of a youth player or the cleaner on their birthday...

Time For Heroes
21-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Yaya Hibs just showed you can have your cake and eat it!
.............Taxi!