PDA

View Full Version : Players new contract

DTS
20-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter claims

@AgentScotland: Hibs have offered Danny Handling a 2 year deal with a year option for the club, Ross Caldwell has been offered a year with a years option

Yeah I know these accounts tend to be pish but this guy sometimes gets things right what's the thoughts on the two players getting contracts? I'd give handling a new one but I will be surprised if we see Caldwell again

Hibeewilly
20-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I'd be surprised if either was true. If we have any ambition at all neither are good enough IMHO

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Mikeystewart
20-05-2014, 12:56 PM
I'd be surprised if either was true. If we have any ambition at all neither are good enough IMHO

Probs good enough for Championship to be fair

DTS
20-05-2014, 01:00 PM

I still think handling has something to offer when played in his best position through the middle, I remember in a game this season in a game against Ross county maybe him Stanton Harris and Forster were linking up well as they had played with each other a lot

Hibeewilly
20-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Im no thinking that way Mikey. We'll do the business tomorrow make no mistake. Thommo and Robbo to run the show

calumhibee1
20-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Neither are anywhere near good enough to make it at Hibs unfortunately. I think the two of them will be playing part time soon enough.

VivaHiberņa
20-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Agent Scotland on twitter claims

@AgentScotland: Hibs have offered Danny Handling a 2 year deal with a year option for the club, Ross Caldwell has been offered a year with a years option

Yeah I know these accounts tend to be pish but this guy sometimes gets things right what's the thoughts on the two players getting contracts? I'd give handling a new one but I will be surprised if we see Caldwell again

I read that on here yesterday, I wonder where AgentScotland gets his "info". :confused:

AlbertK86
20-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Agent Scotland.... Not for me

Our own men in the know. IE

The Cat, Scoopyboy, SMAXXA and Brooster are the men to believe as it would appear they have a direct link into staff at ER or agents dealing with them

Keep up the good work lads

GGTTH

hibbysam
20-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Yip that's the game, the lad is 20? A regular for scotland yet he's not good enough for us! Let the laddie progress and mature rather than just decide he's not good enough!

Eyrie
20-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Alarming if true. I wish both well with the rest of their careers but I'll be very surprised if either makes it in the top flight.

johnbc70
20-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Yip that's the game, the lad is 20? A regular for scotland yet he's not good enough for us! Let the laddie progress and mature rather than just decide he's not good enough!

Do you not think at 20 he is a man now and should have progressed and matured over the last few years to a point where he is producing the goods on the park. He has been around the first team now for 3 years and has yet to become a first team regular. He had plenty of chances at the start of the season but never cemented his place. I hope he makes it at Hibs but nothing suggests he will based on his performances this season.

Fergos
20-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Do you not think at 20 he is a man now and should have progressed and matured over the last few years to a point where he is producing the goods on the park. He has been around the first team now for 3 years and has yet to become a first team regular. He had plenty of chances at the start of the season but never cemented his place. I hope he makes it at Hibs but nothing suggests he will based on his performances this season.

I'd love to be proved wrong on Danny but all I see is a complete lack of a first touch that leads to several touches on every ball he receives.....nothing type negative easy passes or falls on his arse....and more importantly one goal this year which has been part of the wider issue with us this year in that our attacking players just don't score.....I'll be the first out my seat of he scores this week but just don't think he's good enough for a player produced by our club

GGTTH

hibbysam
20-05-2014, 08:01 PM

How many sides in the world do you see a boy who has been 19 for the majority of this year, be a first team regular, scoring regularly, and ready to be the main man in an extremely poor side with no help from others?

He was the fourth youngest player to play for the club ever... That is why he has been around for three years, has been on a very successful loan spell in that time, while he didn't make another first team appearance for 2 years... He then broke through last year and has been in this side this year that has been absolutely woeful, no help to any young player, Harris, Cummings, Forster are all included in that... They need help. He, along with Harris, completely turned that semi final against Falkirk on it's head and is in the Scotland set up.

staunchhibby
20-05-2014, 08:54 PM
What has Caldwell done to earn a new contract.:confused::confused:

col02
20-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Don't understand why there is so much angst towards two young players being offered extended deals. Neither will be on massive wages and both have enough time along with enough ability to progress and develop. Like it or not we need a squad next season irrespective which league it may be.

Brooster
20-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Agent Scotland.... Not for me

Our own men in the know. IE

The Cat, Scoopyboy, SMAXXA and Brooster are the men to believe as it would appear they have a direct link into staff at ER or agents dealing with them

Keep up the good work lads

GGTTH

Gee thanks Albert. I'll tell you one thing, Caldwell is not a kick in the arse off being the best striker at the club. If he could just mature a bit I think he could be good playing alongside Cummings. Danny needs to improve and perhaps settle down a bit off the pitch.

BSEJVT
20-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Most posters on this thread are absolutely right.

We should be dumping these two young guys who still have time to improve and replacing them with aged journeymen whose best days are behind them.

It's the way forward and has served us well in recent years.

Unseen work
20-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Gee thanks Albert. I'll tell you one thing, Caldwell is not a kick in the arse off being the best striker at the club. If he could just mature a bit I think he could be good playing alongside Cummings. Danny needs to improve and perhaps settle down a bit off the pitch.

How exactly does Danny need to calm down off the pitch? Do you know him personally? Or just see him out every now and again

SMAXXA
20-05-2014, 09:16 PM

You think so mate, that's it am stopping the PMs cause Caldwell is hopeless IMO :wink:. I suppose it's still early days but not got much hope of either being the real deal.

as for that agent Scotland guy, I think he's just lifted my post from last night, shall we let him break the team news for tomorrow :greengrin, na better not eh :wink:

If your on tonight it's McPake up front wi collins, hiya pal :bye:

J-C
20-05-2014, 09:25 PM
How exactly does Danny need to calm down off the pitch? Do you know him personally? Or just see him out every now and again

Maybe needs to stay away from George st and being influenced by wrong guys at ER

Brooster
20-05-2014, 09:30 PM
You think so mate, that's it am stopping the PMs cause Caldwell is hopeless IMO :wink:. I suppose it's still early days but not got much hope of either being the real deal.

as for that agent Scotland guy, I think he's just lifted my post from last night, shall we let him break the team news for tomorrow :greengrin, na better not eh :wink:

If your on tonight it's McPake up front wi collins, hiya pal :bye:

I watched Caldwell come up through the ranks and I thought he was really good. He knows where the goal is thats for sure. As I say he needs to mature as a person though.