PDA

View Full Version : Jason Scotlands Score to settle..

Hibs07p
20-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Any truth in his claim that 4 out of the 5 panel members that voted against him, had Hibs connections?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/accies-jason-scotland-has-a-score-to-settle-against-hibs-1-3416434

I remember at the time it was strange that he could sign for a first division club, but not a Premier League club.

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Sideshow the main event is Hibs thumping them and staying up ;)

Gus Fring
20-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Any truth in his claim that 4 out of the 5 panel members that voted against him, had Hibs connections?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/accies-jason-scotland-has-a-score-to-settle-against-hibs-1-3416434

I remember at the time it was strange that he could sign for a first division club, but not a Premier League club.

GGTTH

That's quite a conspiracy theory he's conjured up. He better be careful he doesn't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute for suggesting the panel had ulterior motives.

greenpaper55
20-05-2014, 11:30 AM
He's even older than Nelson, should be fun the two of them in a race for the ball ?.

Geo_1875
20-05-2014, 11:30 AM
And the names of these panel members?

3pm
20-05-2014, 11:32 AM
He's even older than Nelson, should be fun the two of them in a race for the ball ?.

I know who my cash would be on.

Peevemor
20-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I vaguely remember this happening, and from what I recall, it was a Hibs oriented panel. Though in saying that, the rules were pretty black and white and the decision was the only one that could credibly have been taken.

Craigyno1
20-05-2014, 11:35 AM
One was Peter Cormack and, I think another was Pat Stanton, Cant remember the rest!

Peevemor
20-05-2014, 11:37 AM
United are also understood to be upset that the panel consisted of five former Hibs players - Tony Higgins, Pat Stanton, Peter Cormack, Murdo MacLeod and Tommy McIntyre, along with SPL secretary Iain Blair.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/united-rage-as-scotland-denied-new-work-permit-1-718230

My_Wife_Camille
20-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Not sure, but his claims that this will be the first time that he's played against us since is lies. He was in the St Johnstone team that we pumped 3-1 at Tynecastle in 2007

Keith_M
20-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Just a newspaper desperate to come up with some stupid 'grudge match' story.

Is that really the best they can do?

:faf:

-----------------------

We need some grudge match reasons of our own. I'll start....

When we won the First Division against Accies in 99, they run out of pies before half-time and my kids were starving!

I demand revenge!!!

:grr:

Lester B
20-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Just a newspaper desperate to come up with some stupid 'grudge match' story.

Is that really the best they can do?

:faf:

-----------------------

We need some grudge match reasons of our own. I'll start....

When we won the First Division against Accies in 99, they run out of pies before half-time and my kids were starving!

I demand revenge!!!

:grr:

Get intae thae pie scrimping ********

I've been to the town of Hamilton twice. I didn't like it either time. I demand revenge because it's not very nice!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-05-2014, 11:44 AM
The correct decision was made, regardless of who was on the panel.

He does seem to love scoring against us though. Were we not linked to him in January and nobody wanted him?(myself included). These things always seem to come back and bite us annoyingly. MAC will be chocking on scoring against us as well

Keith_M
20-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Get intae thae pie scrimping ********

I've been to the town of Hamilton twice. I didn't like it either time. I demand revenge because it's not very nice!!

Hamilton, Motherwell's less classy neighbour.

And Pie stealing bassas!

Gerrintaethum!!

number9dream
20-05-2014, 11:51 AM
And the names of these panel members?

Murdo MacLeod & Tommy McIntyre were involved. Not sure about the others. Did seem like an odd decision at the time and the guy has gone on to have a decent career.

Lester B
20-05-2014, 11:54 AM

And Pie stealing bassas!

Gerrintaethum!!

Hamilton: Wishaw without the culture where the mince is on the pitch not under the crust

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2014, 12:13 PM
It doesn't matter if Jason Scotland's theory is a pile of kack ...... He believes it and if you look at the evidence as he sees it you can understand why.

I'm just grateful he isn't 5 years younger. But theres no doubt he is going to be up for it.

VivaHiberņa
20-05-2014, 02:06 PM
That is Celtc-esque conspiracy theorising. That one match led to a grudge that could have ended his career in this country. Wow.

Surely one for the SFA to deal with, bringing the game into disrepute? Maybe even Hibs' lawyers for defamation? I don't see the club going down that route but you think they'd have a case.

(((Fergus)))
20-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I wonder if Mr Antoine-Curier also has an additional point to prove.

ian cruise
20-05-2014, 02:39 PM
We'll done to the poster who said two days ago on of the papers would dredge this up.

SaulGoodman
20-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Is he on Drugs? That's some serious paranoia

Albanian Hibs
20-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Dry your eyes Jason.

number 27
20-05-2014, 03:24 PM
The guys on the panel are probably less petty than me but if it was me I would be consulting a lawyer. That decision was the only one the panel could justifiably come to simply because the guy was not being picked in United's starting 11.

Franck Stanton
20-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Surely, IF he bears a grudge, it should be towards Dundee Unt for not playing him in the first team more often, because if they had, then the panel, irrespective of who was on it, wouldn't have had a tough job allowing him to stay

Diclonius
20-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Scotland's memory is clearly off. He played against us for St Johnstone in the League Cup semi final last, not in the Dundee United semi final.

cleanyman
20-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Scotland's memory is clearly off. He played against us for St Johnstone in the League Cup semi final last, not in the Dundee United semi final.

He played in both.

And scored.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2014, 05:01 PM
He played in both.

And scored.

I agree. Remember him scoring against us at Hampden for Utd, in a 2-1 semi final win for them. Riordan put us 1-0 up, and 2 late united goals against Simon Brown, sunk us

.Sean.
20-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Wrong. He scored against us in the SC semi in 2005, Dundee United came from behind to beat us 2-1. The picture of him in the article is his celebration in the game.

Dundee United were bottom of the league at the time and we played them at ER in the league the week before - I'm certain both him and Jim McIntyre also scored in that game. O'Connor scored for us down the Famous Five end but cannae mind the full time score. Anyone help?

cleanyman
20-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Wrong. He scored against us in the SC semi in 2005, Dundee United came from behind to beat us 2-1. The picture of him in the article is his celebration in the game.

Dundee United were bottom of the league at the time and we played them at ER in the league the week before - I'm certain both him and Jim McIntyre also scored in that game. O'Connor scored for us down the Famous Five end but cannae mind the full time score. Anyone help?

Hibs won 3-2.

Legend Gary Smith with the winner.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Sure it was 3-2 Hibs.

Pretty certain we scored the winner in injury time, may have been Gary Smith that scored although I could be wrong.

Edit: seems I was right

http://www.espnfc.com/match?id=154937&cc=5739

Billy Whizz
20-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Ian Murray got sent off at against United the week before in the league game, and was suspended for the semi

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Not sure, but his claims that this will be the first time that he's played against us since is lies. He was in the St Johnstone team that we pumped 3-1 at Tynecastle in 2007Also played in a friendly against us for Livi

emerald green
20-05-2014, 05:45 PM

Hamilton must be a right s***hole then.

Potty78
20-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Your right. The last time he played against hibs was the 07 semi at tynie. He scored am sure. He also scored in utds win two years before that at hampden.

emerald green
20-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Your right. The last time he played against hibs was the 07 semi at tynie. He scored am sure. He also scored in utds win two years before that at hampden.

He will need to be marked very closely. He can be a bit of a handful for defenders.