PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton - Q & A St Pats AGM

trev the hat
19-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Incase anyone doesn't frequent the bounce, thought I'd put this here for .netters Enjoy :greengrin
Hope it's ok to put it up admins if not feel free to move.

Could someone sort the link to show the image please

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjD86uYBfDE

Tom Hart RIP
19-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I watched this on the bounce last night. Fantastic q&a with the great man. Hibs should make him life president or something similar.
We normally wait until someone passes away to pay tribute but we should do this with Pat (and Jimmy Orourke) now.
GGTTH

Stax
19-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Incase anyone doesn't frequent the bounce, thought I'd put this here for .netters Enjoy :greengrin
Hope it's ok to put it up admins if not feel free to move.

Could someone sort the link to show the image please

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjD86uYBfDE
Thanks for posting, really enjoyed that.

snooky
19-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Just watched this - brilliant.
Pat's a champion on and off the park.
Many thanks to St P's for putting this on.

EdinMike
19-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Was a great night, I was happy to be there !:flag:

hibbybob
19-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Inspirational and brought back so many great memories!

Thanks for posting.

Newhaven
19-05-2014, 06:45 PM
A top night and could have listened to Pat talk for hours.

A true hibs legend.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Was a great night, I was happy to be there !:flag:

:agree: :top marks

RIP
19-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Although born or brought up in Niddrie Pat's family were from the Canongate where my grandad and his sister had their shops, close to the Moray House pend.

He has such a relaxed way with him. Puts you at ease with a combination of wry humour and anecdotes. It reminds me so much of my mum and her pals. Southside patter at it's best

Greenblood70
19-05-2014, 08:00 PM
What a privilege to hear Pat speak, it fair rekindles your passion for the club. I wish he was doing the team talk on Wednesday night, the players would walk out feeling 10 feet tall.

Some good questions too from the floor, thanks a lot for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
19-05-2014, 09:47 PM
just brilliant listening to him talk. he has such and aura surrounding him. truly a man of honour and Hibs runs through his blood.

Some of todays players in a Hibs jersey would do themselves the power of good just listening to him about how he feels about this club of ours.

If we had a player of his ability and stature in that team now we wouldnt be in the mess we are in.

But we are and we have two games to prove we can put that smile back on Pats face again!

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2014, 03:38 AM
I watched this on the bounce last night. Fantastic q&a with the great man. Hibs should make him life president or something similar.
We normally wait until someone passes away to pay tribute but we should do this with Pat (and Jimmy Orourke) now.
GGTTH

Should have a Hibernian Walk of Fame and have Footprints cast of the great men behind the East or some prominent position... Bit like the Hollywood Chinese theatre thing.

Wakeyhibee
20-05-2014, 04:05 AM
"this 'wind of change' that's coming through, I think it's gonnae be a draft" superb listening to the man. :thumbsup:

AndyM_1875
20-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Was very interesting. Huge knowledge of football being untapped by the club.

Don't know if anyone else picked up on the bit where he mentioned Jimmy O'Rourke as having a real eye for a player too & that he (& possibly Pat) should be out looking at young players for the club. There was a touch of the Fergie's there too in saying "not bringing in 20 or 30 and wasting their time and the club's but one or two who are absolute stand outs"

confused
20-05-2014, 08:18 AM
I defy any Hibs supporter to watch this and not feel bursting with emotion , my all time hero .

hibbybob
20-05-2014, 08:28 AM
At the end of the Q & A Pat said thanks for what I assume was a donation to something Hibs related. What was it for?

RIP
20-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Was very interesting. Huge knowledge of football being untapped by the club.

Don't know if anyone else picked up on the bit where he mentioned Jimmy O'Rourke as having a real eye for a player too & that he (& possibly Pat) should be out looking at young players for the club. There was a touch of the Fergie's there too in saying "not bringing in 20 or 30 and wasting their time and the club's but one or two who are absolute stand outs"

I was hoping that Pat and Jimmy were speaking to Onion with the latter now involved in Scouting for us

Baker9
20-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks to the OP for posting this. A great hour of viewing and wise words indeed from Pat. He alluded to only 2-3 players from the existing squad he would keep and I would love to know who they are. I wonder if Butcher and / or Leanne will ask him. They should.

TheFamous1875
20-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks to the OP for posting this. A great hour of viewing and wise words indeed from Pat. He alluded to only 2-3 players from the existing squad he would keep and I would love to know who they are. I wonder if Butcher and / or Leanne will ask him. They should.

I'm guessing they are Stanton, Thomson and Forster. Surely? I'm assuming that he is referring to the players that have been on the pitch the last few weeks and have potential and/or quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2014, 12:54 PM
"this 'wind of change' that's coming through, I think it's gonnae be a draft" superb listening to the man. :thumbsup:

This is the bit of the Q & A with Pat which really struck me too.

This is a man who bleeds Green and White and I cant imagine that he would be down on the club without damn good reason. It seems to me that he is utterly unconvinced by the noises of supplication emanating from Easter Road following yet another miserable league campaign and who can blame him. We heard all this Tom Kite after May 2012 and look where we are now.

Its not a wind of change needed at Easter Road ........ appropriately given the subject of this thread its a ****ing Tornado that's needed.

I doubt at the moment that the folk in charge could manage a slight Zephyr.

Baker9
20-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing they are Stanton, Thomson and Forster. Surely? I'm assuming that he is referring to the players that have been on the pitch the last few weeks and have potential and/or quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He could settle a few of the debates on .net around Stevenson / Hanlon / Thomson and others if he could be persuaded to name names. Most of us would respect his opinion.

FranckSuzy
20-05-2014, 01:08 PM
At the end of the Q & A Pat said thanks for what I assume was a donation to something Hibs related. What was it for?

It was for children's head injury charity at his request. GGTTH.

GORDONSMITH7
20-05-2014, 01:34 PM

At our previous Branch meeting, as the meeting was drawing to an close a member said that as Patron of St. Patrick's Branch (as he is of the Stanton Branch also) Pat has supported our initiatives, and had without a moments hesitation when asked, agreed to unveil the brass plaque dedicated to the Hibernian Founding Fathers in St. Patrick's Church, do the same for Dan McMichael's headstone in the Eastern Cemetery and also present this years St. Patrick's Branch Hibernian Achievement award. As a token of our appreciation he proposed that Pat should receive a £100 cheque to donate to a charity which is close to his heart. This was passed unanimously by the near 50 Branch members present. On being informed of this and that we would like to present it to him at our Branch AGM he kindly offered to do the Q and A session. The man is a Gentleman.

2012 article.................

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-icon-pat-stanton-launches-drive-after-charity-helps-grandson-1-2562828

GGTTH

BIG G

Branch Secretary

hibbybob
20-05-2014, 01:58 PM
It was for children's head injury charity at his request. GGTTH.

At our previous Branch meeting, as the meeting was drawing to an close a member said that as Patron of St. Patrick's Branch (as he is of the Stanton Branch also) Pat has supported our initiatives, and had without a moments hesitation when asked, agreed to unveil the brass plaque dedicated to the Hibernian Founding Fathers in St. Patrick's Church, do the same for Dan McMichael's headstone in the Eastern Cemetery and also present this years St. Patrick's Branch Hibernian Achievement award. As a token of our appreciation he proposed that Pat should receive a £100 cheque to donate to a charity which is close to his heart. This was passed unanimously by the near 50 Branch members present. On being informed of this and that we would like to present it to him at our Branch AGM he kindly offered to do the Q and A session. The man is a Gentleman.

2012 article.................

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-icon-pat-stanton-launches-drive-after-charity-helps-grandson-1-2562828

GGTTH

BIG G

Branch Secretary

Thanks for that.

The man is simply Hibs Class!

147lothian
20-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I've met Pat a few times, he is a true gent, I also used to work with his brother as a butcher way back in 1978, Pat comes from humble back grounds and has always stayed the same, a true gem of a guy

erin go bragh
20-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Met Pat a few times . Total class on and off the park .
Also met his mother Bea when i worked in her house in Gilmerton . Lovely lady , when i told her i was a Hibby she went and got me some pictures , one was a Hibs team photo that Pat had wrote on . It said " sorry ma , didnt have time to tidy my room , ill do it later . Pat ".
She also gave me an old photo of Easter Road when the main stand was on the East side .
She also said Pats older brother who imigrated to South Africa was the best at football . I had to politely disagree .

Ggtth

andy1875
20-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks for uploading, a fascinating listen.

I was fortunate to sit next to Pat a couple of years back at the POTY dinner at ER and picked his brains on an few things but again, he was more than happy to oblige.

A true Hibs man.

GGTTH