PDA

View Full Version : McFadden released by Motherwell

Bronson
19-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Just as it says on the tin, still a good player IMO, would be a terrific signing if we could snap him up. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/motherwell-striker-james-mcfadden-to-leave-club-1-3415690

Unseen work
19-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Can see why they got rid tbf

Injured alot, high wage and only scored 5

Would take him if he got his fitness up and was reasonably cheap, I can see us spending a lot on players this summer if we stay up so it's so important were smart with who we spend our budget on, no room for players that might play half the season

The_Horde
19-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Terry likes him. Can see him ending up here tbh.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2014, 02:42 PM
When fully fit he's still a very good player.

Him and TB go back so who knows?

Hibeesmad
19-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Bring him in Leanne

happiehibbie
19-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Not for me !!

to old simples

Nutmegged
19-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I think NcFadden still has a lot to offer but he was just never suitable for a Stuart McCall Motherwell team in my opinion, McCall has been very successful at 'Well but its also pretty basic, quick wingers on their natural sides and direct football to a big strapping striker (Higdon & Sutton) with a wee nippy nuisance (Ojamma & Arnier) buzzing around him.

McFadden needs to play either as the main striker which I always felt was his best position or just off the main striker, at Motherwell he's been used on the left far to much and it nulified what he brought to the team BUT to be fair to McCall, he stuck to the ethos of whats best for the team, not the individual. Sign of a good boss

Jones28
19-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Definitely on a pay as you play deal

Bronson
19-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Not for me !!

to old simples

Nonsense he's 31, still plenty to offer if he can stay fit!

silverhibee
19-05-2014, 02:53 PM
;4016670']Terry likes him. Can see him ending up here tbh.

So do the Hibs fans or some anyway, standing ovation from them.

marinello59
19-05-2014, 02:57 PM
So do the Hibs fans or some anyway, standing ovation from them.

Aye , how dare football fans give credit where it's due to a decent fitba player. Weaklings, Viva Hate.

Hibeesmad
19-05-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/scotland/3148431/Terry-Butcher-thinks-James-McFadden-would-make-the-best-Soctland-captain-Football.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3201723.stm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/64865/Faddy-has-driven-me-to-drink-quips-Terry-Butcher

Butcher obviously has a lot of admiration for McFadden and if we manage to stay up then maybe Leanne Dempster could also have a massive part in possibly bringing him as she was the one who took him into Motherwell

19-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Past his best, at his peak he was a cracking player and able to score a barrel load of goals in this league, but still would be an alright signing IMO.

Smartie
19-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I go to watch Scotland and McFadden has been my favourite player of the past 20 years.

I reckon he's exactly what we're looking for - always capable of that bit of magic that can unlock a defence, either for himself or to create for someone else. He is versatile too and could fill several positions if required to.

My brother was playing with him at a golf day a few weeks ago and he had a lot to say about the professionalism of Scottish players and talked a lot about the difference in attitudes between young players up here and down South. I reckon he'd be a cracking role model and figure of inspiration for the youth that we must have at the core of our team and squad going forward.

A big YES for me.

silverhibee
19-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Aye , how dare football fans give credit where it's due to a decent fitba player. Weaklings, Viva Hate.

Still puzzled about that night, he was okay but nothing special that night, the noise for Boyd last week was deafening. :cb

Soft touches. :greengrin

Malpas won't stand for any of that nonsense.

500miles
19-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Skill, imagination and a goal threat.

Hibs need that. McFadden would be a good signing if we could get 30 games a season out of him.

Mark79
19-05-2014, 03:29 PM
More chance of signing his brother Brian.

GordonHFC
19-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Skill, imagination and a goal threat.Hibs need that. McFadden would be a good signing if we could get 30 games a season out of him.

Jeez. Now you're going back a bit.

MyJo
19-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I would take him at Easter road, great player for cummins to learn from

McKenzie
19-05-2014, 03:58 PM
As Daniel Bryan would say, yes yes yes. Cracking player. God forbid Hibs bring in a player who can get the fans out there seats.

Gus Fring
19-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Will always be remembered for scoring that goal against France. The one that resulted in the single best bit of commentary I've ever heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNh8-VQcbIY

SteveHFC
19-05-2014, 04:06 PM
As Daniel Bryan would say, yes yes yes. Cracking player. God forbid Hibs bring in a player who can get the fans out there seats.

McFadden and Miller upfront next season

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110059/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Doesn't have much pace ... so would need some pace around him ...... with his skill and eye for goal he would be ideal in the proverbial hole.

We have no pace in the team and to create 'the hole' you need two strikers putting pressure on the defence .... not likely if this season is any guide.

He also seems a bit injury prone these days. Still worth a punt though .... quality player.

Pray4Marc
19-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Done deal too the famous, same with Boyd and Goodwillie.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2014, 04:23 PM

:faf:

Bronson
19-05-2014, 04:27 PM

What about Billy McKay and Stevie May?

hibees 7062
19-05-2014, 04:29 PM
McFadden and Miller upfront next season

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110059/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

http://rs1111.pbsrc.com/albums/h476/womanicouldbe/Gifs/image-4.gif~c200

ekhibee
19-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I think NcFadden still has a lot to offer but he was just never suitable for a Stuart McCall Motherwell team in my opinion, McCall has been very successful at 'Well but its also pretty basic, quick wingers on their natural sides and direct football to a big strapping striker (Higdon & Sutton) with a wee nippy nuisance (Ojamma & Arnier) buzzing around him.

McFadden needs to play either as the main striker which I always felt was his best position or just off the main striker, at Motherwell he's been used on the left far to much and it nulified what he brought to the team BUT to be fair to McCall, he stuck to the ethos of whats best for the team, not the individual. Sign of a good boss
Yes, agree with all of that. McFadden didn't really fit into the style of play that McCall seems to want. I'm not sure if he'd be a good signing or not TBH, he's older now, quite injury prone too. Some would argue he could still do job for us, probably quite justifiably, but from a personal point of view we would probably have been better going for him when he came back to Scotland a couple of seasons ago. He was a very good player at one time, no doubt, I just feel it would be a bit of a gamble, not sure if Hibs can really afford to take that gamble, but that's just my opinion.

bookert
19-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Still puzzled about that night, he was okay but nothing special that night, the noise for Boyd last week was deafening. :cb

Soft touches. :greengrin

Malpas won't stand for any of that nonsense.

It was the 3 - 3 saturday afternoon game this season, and he was easily the best player on the park

snooky
19-05-2014, 04:56 PM

Big man/wee man ...... Alan Gordon/Jimmy O'R ...... Toshack/Keegan ...... et al. A combination made in heaven. Simples.
Let's ha'e nae mair o' this 'one up' cr@p.

keep the faith
19-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Exactly what we need. Yes please!!!

iwasthere1972
19-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Not for me !!

to old simples

:agree: The matches I've seen him in he's looked way too slow and not even 50 per cent of the player he was a few years ago. Add that to the injuries and it would only end one way.

BOO

ruthven_raiders
19-05-2014, 07:30 PM
It was the 3 - 3 saturday afternoon game this season, and he was easily the best player on the park

Yes he was the best player on the park that day, hibs supporters clapped him off and he clapped back in appreciation.

GreenLake
20-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Will always be remembered for scoring that goal against France. The one that resulted in the single best bit of commentary I've ever heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNh8-VQcbIY

He deserves to play for any team he wants in Scotland after that goal.

heretoday
20-05-2014, 09:38 AM
It's not much good if he gets injured a lot.

O'Rourke3
20-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Craig Brewster anyone? Lubomir Moravcic A "past it" Davie Cooper went to Motherwell and transformed them. We give up on ability far too quickly in my opinion....

allezsauzee
20-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I would love to see him at Easter Road. I thought some of the football him and Ainsworth played at ER in the 3-3 draw was delightful. Somebody to put bums on seats which is what we are crying out for.

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Big man/wee man ...... Alan Gordon/Jimmy O'R ...... Toshack/Keegan ...... et al. A combination made in heaven. Simples.
Let's ha'e nae mair o' this 'one up' cr@p.

Watched a wee clip of San Jose Earthquakes v LA Galaxy from last season I think it was ....... the guy leaping like a Salmon to score for San Jose ......... Alan Gordon no less http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

mcculloch1875
20-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Not got that great a return this season and guessing he's on a hefty salary, would rather we went for someone like Kenny Miller/ Boyd who we know can score multiple goals.

silverhibee
20-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Not got that great a return this season and guessing he's on a hefty salary, would rather we went for someone like Kenny Miller/ Boyd who we know can score multiple goals.

Kenny Miller will go to the Rangers, i would put money on that, Boyd, probably doesn't want to leave Scotland and could also end up at the Rangers but i would like to think if we stay up that we could have a chance of signing Boyd this summer.

Coco Bryce
20-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Kenny Miller will go to the Rangers, i would put money on that, Boyd, probably doesn't want to leave Scotland and could also end up at the Rangers but i would like to think if we stay up that we could have a chance of signing Boyd this summer.

Boyd & Sally don't get on at all, so I'm not so sure :wink:

CA Hibby
20-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Watched a wee clip of San Jose Earthquakes v LA Galaxy from last season I think it was ....... the guy leaping like a Salmon to score for San Jose ......... Alan Gordon no less http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
Unfortunately I watch him most weeks and trust me he is no where near the original..

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-05-2014, 02:55 PM
McFadden is the same age as Yaya Toure. He certainly doesn't look past it when he's beating guys for fun in the EPL each week

Bronson
20-05-2014, 05:27 PM

Played out wide a lot this season, he's far better through the middle IMO. That's where I'd play him if he signed for us. Won't be on big money at motherwell, not a chance.

heretoday
20-05-2014, 08:25 PM
We certainly need a Marquee signing in the close season.

The_Exile
20-05-2014, 09:25 PM
His knees are ****ed, he's finished, unfortunately. Although been doing his badges so perhaps a player/manager type deal at a lower league place beckons?

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2014, 09:35 PM
We certainly need a Marquee signing in the close season.

Where would we put it? New location for the singing section :dunno:

mentalhibee
20-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Hope he signs for us, the guys a class act by spfl standards. Would be a great signing!