PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Refs

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2014, 12:48 PM
1st leg Bobby Madden, 2nd leg Willie Collum.

At least no CT. :rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
19-05-2014, 12:56 PM
It don't matter a jot who the Ref is, we just need to turn up and play as if our life depended on it. :wink:

PatHead
19-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Don't rate any referees in Scotland just now but as OP says- at least it is not that cheating Hearts ******* or his room-mate.

sbell1875
19-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Not overly impressed with Madden for the 1st leg.

I'm still seething from his performance at Parkhead in December.

brog
19-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Madden was excellent in New Year game vs them, especially when booking the cheat Walker, & we actually got a pen! He's been less good since but could have been a lot worse!

Jonnyboy
19-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Madden was excellent in New Year game vs them, especially when booking the cheat Walker, & we actually got a pen! He's been less good since but could have been a lot worse!

Agreed :agree:

Craig needs to accept that Madden lets the play flow and so he shouldn't waste his energy arguing when he should just get on with it

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Who gives a flying **** who the ref is, it's the players that need to make the difference not the ref, fed up reading pish about refs on here.

3pm
19-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Who gives a flying **** who the ref is, it's the players that need to make the difference not the ref, fed up reading pish about refs on here.

This is the one.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2014, 09:13 PM
2 abysmal refs but it shouldn't matter.

Aaron

Mostly agree with this but when CT is in charge I get very nervous when the opposition get the ball and for all the wrong reasons.

Gus Fring
It's all well and good saying "the players need to turn up" etc but if the refs are chalking off perfectly good goals (Forster vs Hearts) and allowing goals that shouldn't have stood for the opposition (vs Raith Rovers) then we're in trouble.

We might be crap just now but a terrible refereeing decision can change a game. Even this weekend we saw Craig Thomson try to give a goal that wasn't a goal!

lugz
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Well said, the obsession with CT is sad.

GreenLake
19-05-2014, 09:30 PM
1st leg Bobby Madden, 2nd leg Willie Collum.

At least no CT. :rolleyes:

thunk ****

Scottie
19-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Well said, the obsession with CT is sad.

Its no an obsession it's a fact !

CT is a ****ing hopeless ref with a huge dislike for Hibs. You can't get the amount of dreadful decisions he's given against us and call it not suspicious.

You can put a few wrong ones down to misfortune but to do it on the regularity he has against Hibs is unforgivable.

Gus Fring
19-05-2014, 09:35 PM

CT is a ****ing hopeless ref with a huge dislike for Hibs. You can't get the amount of dreadful decisions he's given against us and call it not suspicious.

You can put a few wrong ones down to misfortune but to do it on the regularity he has against Hibs is unforgivable.

:agree: Even taking Hibs out of the equation he's a terrible referee. Even in Europe his blunders are infamous. He's apparently the best one we have as well!

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 10:06 PM

What a crock of ******, it's so blatantly obvious yet only Hibs fans have noticed it, not the press, the SFA, the refs association, or the SPL. Tiresome ****** from Hibs fans blaming a referee every time.

Scottie
19-05-2014, 10:16 PM
What a crock of ******, it's so blatantly obvious yet only Hibs fans have noticed it, not the press, the SFA, the refs association, or the SPL. Tiresome ****** from Hibs fans blaming a referee every time.

Personally think YOUR post is a crock of **** :wink:

Where the **** have you been Scouse not to have seen CT decisions against us ?

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Personally think YOUR post is a crock of **** :wink:

Where the **** have you been Scouse not to have seen CT decisions against us ?

Have seen plenty of CT decisions against us, have also seen plenty of decisions against us from numerous other referees but it seems Hibs fans have decided CT is the hate figure for various reasons and choose to recall his mistakes only. I find it really tiresome and pretty pathetic to listen to the same old the ref is against us excuses.

Gus Fring
19-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Is this a joke post? Craig Thomson IS the referees. He's in charge.

The press outside of Scotland think he's useless! He's been publically questioned about his abilities several times.

Every time he refs a game outside of Scotland he gets pilloried for being horrendous.

He wasn't selected for the World Cup because of his terrible performance in the qualifiers specifically one that caused him to be hated in Romania

It's not just Hibs fans that hate him, find a Malaga fan and ask what they think because he gifted Borrusia Dortmund 2 injury time goals both of which were offside. He's never been in charge of a champions league game since.

If you think it's just Hibs he's got problems with you are very sadly mistaken my friend.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Is this a joke post? Craig Thomson IS the referees. He's in charge.

The press outside of Scotland think he's useless! He's been publically questioned about his abilities several times.

Every time he refs a game outside of Scotland he gets pilloried for being horrendous.

He wasn't selected for the World Cup because of his terrible performance I. The qualifiers that caused him to be hated in Romania

And if you think Hibs fans hate him, find a Malaga fan and ask what they think because he gifted Borrusia Dortmund 2 injury time goals both of which were offside. He's never been in charge of a champions league game since.

If you think it's just Hibs he's got problems with you are very sadly mistaken my friend.

Typical Hibs fan interpretation, proves my point perfectly, if you think CT has the monopoly on bad decisions you are very sadly mistaken and deluded my friend.

Gus Fring
19-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Typical Hibs fan interpretation, proves my point perfectly, if you think CT has the monopoly on bad decisions you are very sadly mistaken and deluded my friend.

Must be a Hibs fan than it's in charge at UEFA then

and FIFA

Oh and Manuel Pellegrini must be a Hibby too because he publicly slated him.

What about that horrendous game he had in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, France vs Bosnia? That was before THAT cup final so it's tough to see how that could be Hibs fan interpretation.

Theres far far too much evidence that his officiating is questionable, most of it in games that do not involve Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Must be a Hibs fan than it's in charge at UEFA then

and FIFA

Oh and Manuel Pellegrini must be a Hibby too because he publicly slated him.

What about that horrendous game he had in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, France vs Bosnia? That was before THAT cup final so it's tough to see how that could be Hibs fan interpretation.

Theres far far too much evidence that his officiating is questionable, most of it in games that do not involve Hibs.

Also pretty sure he has refereed again in the CL since the Malaga game.

Wow Manager slates ref never heard that before, The Special One has a list CT must be on it!

See poor decisions every week from refs, is their officiating all questionable then!

Looked on many other forums can't find dedicated ref threads every other game.

Anyhow not dragging this on as we'll never agree, let's concentrate on winning the play off who ever the ref is.

frazeHFC
19-05-2014, 10:59 PM

The stats (that were posted on here before) speak for themself. The guy had a honker when he managed us in our last game too. Not saying he's a cheat or whatever, he's just really **** when he manages us.

Not that that matters though, it's our fault we're in a mess, and up to us to get out of it finally!

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2014, 11:03 PM
The stats (that were posted on here before) speak for themself. The guy had a honker when he managed us in our last game too. Not saying he's a cheat or whatever, he's just really **** when he manages us.

Not that that matters though, it's our fault we're in a mess, and up to us to get out of it finally!

:agree: Forget the ref, let's just concentrate on the players doing it.

Gus Fring
19-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Also pretty sure he has refereed again in the CL since the Malaga game.

Wow Manager slates ref never heard that before, The Special One has a list CT must be on it!

See poor decisions every week from refs, is their officiating all questionable then!

Looked on many other forums can't find dedicated ref threads every other game.

People make mistakes but most referees don't make the number of high profile mistakes CT does and on such a regular basis.

It's no good hiding behind "Refs make bad decisions and get complained about". I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a convincing case that Craig Thomson should be in the position he's in.

His incompetence is well known, not just with Hibs fans. You're in the minority of you think he's a decent ref.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2014, 11:15 PM
As long as Craig Thomson is nowhere near Easter Road or New Douglas Park over the next few days, I couldn't care less who the referee is.

Waxy
20-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Happy it's not thomson. We have a chance now.

JimBHibees
20-05-2014, 08:10 AM

Thats a crock I am afraid, if it was merely incompetence name ONE game changing decision that has favoured Hibs.

People are corrupt in life, it happens.

Onion
20-05-2014, 10:22 AM
There is a recent thread that analyses CTs back catalogue of decisions, supported with stats and tables over the last few years. This was presented to an independent panel of adjudicators who concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Craig Thompson is a corrupt official with an anti-Hibs agenda. I'm really not sure why this is being questioned by anyone as the evidence is irrefutable.

JimBHibees
20-05-2014, 11:10 AM
There is a recent thread that analyses CTs back catalogue of decisions, supported with stats and tables over the last few years. This was presented to an independent panel of adjudicators who concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Craig Thompson is a corrupt official with an anti-Hibs agenda. I'm really not sure why this is being questioned by anyone as the evidence is irrefutable.

Is that right?

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Someone else picked this up on another thread, but it was something I also noticed during the cup final. CT applied a decent amount of common sense in the first 20 minutes and without doubt let pass at least three challenges which on another day would have been a definite yellow card. Most refs will do this in a cup final if they can ..... they recognise its not a normal game.

Which begs the question, why was this not option in the first 15 minutes of the 2012 cup final where he handed us a booking for a challenge which was certainly no worse than the three or more he let go on Saturday. If he had decided to stamp down early due to the obviously highly charged nature of the game, why in that period did he choose to ignore what was nothing short of an assault by Black right in front of him?

He also chose to send Pat Fenlon to the stand, having as far as I'm aware not spoken to him previously ..... has that ever happened in a Scottish or League cup final?

It doesn't matter if CT is the worlds best ref .... his display in that final has tainted him in the eyes of every Hibs fan. There have been a few refs who were unpopular with Hibs fans in my time going to ER ...... but never one who was so universally despised. In view of that I for one am delighted that he will be nowhere near these two matches.

Gus Fring
20-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Someone else picked this up on another thread, but it was something I also noticed during the cup final. CT applied a decent amount of common sense in the first 20 minutes and without doubt let pass at least three challenges which on another day would have been a definite yellow card. Most refs will do this in a cup final if they can ..... they recognise its not a normal game.

Which begs the question, why was this not option in the first 15 minutes of the 2012 cup final where he handed us a booking for a challenge which was certainly no worse than the three or more he let go on Saturday. If he had decided to stamp down early due to the obviously highly charged nature of the game, why in that period did he choose to ignore what was nothing short of an assault by Black right in front of him?

He also chose to send Pat Fenlon to the stand, having as far as I'm aware not spoken to him previously ..... has that ever happened in a Scottish or League cup final?

It doesn't matter if CT is the worlds best ref .... his display in that final has tainted him in the eyes of every Hibs fan. There have been a few refs who were unpopular with Hibs fans in my time going to ER ...... but never one who was so universally despised. In view of that I for one am delighted that he will be nowhere near these two matches.

This Sundays final was one of his better performances and he still had a howler. The ball didn't cross the line, he spoke to his assistant who told him it wasn't a goal, CT gave the goal anyway and then had to be hauled back to change his decision. Farcical.

emerald green
20-05-2014, 06:24 PM
How anyone can defend Thomson, especially any Hibs supporter, given his record when officiating Hibs games just beggars belief IMO. :confused: Just have a look at the article on the Home page. I despair at times. If he had a record like that when refereeing Celtic or Rangers matches there would have been a massive outcry from those clubs, in the press and radio etc. And you can be sure the relevant authorities would have been forced to take notice. Hibs - just roll over and take it as usual.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2014, 06:28 PM

:faf:

20-05-2014, 06:34 PM
It don't matter a jot who the Ref is, we just need to turn up and play as if our life depended on it. :wink:

:agree:

sbell1875
20-05-2014, 10:23 PM

He should have sent off that thug Ian Black for a deliberate elbow on Griffiths. But didn't.

monktonharp
20-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Who gives a flying **** who the ref is, it's the players that need to make the difference not the ref, fed up reading pish about refs on here.aye, your right. all we need is a totally biased anti-Hibs ref, that should help us in dire straits:rolleyes: