PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Championship

down-the-slope
18-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Watching the Blue Brasil 0-3 up at Dunfy in play off final for championship - given they were on paper the 2nd worst team in this years Championship its going to be a prettty scary / cut throat league next season....we need to avoid it at all cost

Hermit Crab
18-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Watching the Blue Brasil 0-3 up at Dunfy in play off final for championship - given they were on paper the 2nd worst team in this years Championship its going to be a prettty scary / cut throat league next season....we need to avoid it at all cost

Cowdenbeath are *****. They won't have Hemings for a start and if I was butcher I'd be scouting john Armstrong their big defender.

Mr White
18-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Jim jeffries, neil mcann, danny grainger... your boys took one hell of a beating.

Glory Lurker
18-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Much as I don't like Donald Findlay's Blue Brazil mini-Sevco, I'm pleased to see that Cowdenbeath are winning their play off - along with Livi, Alloa and the Sons, they're another small travelling support to unswell the jambo coffers next season.

frazeHFC
18-05-2014, 04:55 PM
It can only be good for us if we go down. There's enough contenders as it is. We MUST stay up, nervous as ****.

PPZPOL
18-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Wait.....everyone keeps saying the high flying team at the top end of the league (Dunf on this occasion) would pump the lowly placed confidence shattered team from the league above (Cowden).

0-3.....hmmmmmm

down-the-slope
18-05-2014, 05:05 PM
some very very decent players / prospects in that Cowden - anyone know who Greg Stewart is 'moving on to' as he stated in after match interview...bet its not us... him and Hemmings are a good partnership and bothe CH's are better than we have (Hanlon excepted)

Paperboy
18-05-2014, 05:10 PM
some very very decent players / prospects in that Cowden - anyone know who Greg Stewart is 'moving on to' as he stated in after match interview...bet its not us... him and Hemmings are a good partnership and bothe CH's are better than we have (Hanlon excepted)

Stewarts away to Dundee. Him and hemmings were probably the best pairing in the Championship last season. Saw them a couple of times and they had a really good understanding. Both started at Rangers as well!

deekster
18-05-2014, 05:11 PM

Signed for Dundee

Hamish
18-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Cowdenbeath are *****. They won't have Hemings for a start and if I was butcher I'd be scouting john Armstrong their big defender.

John is a lovely big lad who has done very well at Cowden. Whether he could step up a grade, I'm not sure,

Nat Wedderburn, the other CB should be playing at a higher level. Started his career at Stoke and has played for England 19's.

Captain Trips
18-05-2014, 05:28 PM

We do this isnt the league we were relegated into all those years ago when we were the big fish winning week after week, Rangers, Hearts and us, one of those at least will be there for 2 seasons and thats providing there isnt another challenger which there will be I am sure in shape of Falkirk etc.

To be in this position is nothing short of a disgrace and I wouldnt be bothered if every person involved in having us in this position was never seen at club again from top to bottom.

Islington Hibs
18-05-2014, 06:19 PM
While I think, if we go down, the Championship will be a more interesting, exciting, and competitive league than the premiership, the reality is either Hibs or Hears could be down for quite a while. The Rangers simply can outspend while our fight, over the last few seasons, has not matched that of Hearts. Who knows how they will do but Hibs need a complete rebuild.....

Relegation would be a probable disaster and we would be lucky to be back in the top flight before the start of season 2016/7 at the best. I do not fancy being a green Dundee (in terms of our stature)

AndyM_1875
18-05-2014, 06:27 PM
While I think, if we go down, the Championship will be a more interesting, exciting, and competitive league than the premiership, the reality is either Hibs or Hears could be down for quite a while. The Rangers simply can outspend while our fight, over the last few seasons, has not matched that of Hearts. Who knows how they will do but Hibs need a complete rebuild.....

Relegation would be a probable disaster and we would be lucky to be back in the top flight before the start of season 2016/7 at the best. I do not fancy being a green Dundee (in terms of our stature)

Spot on. Relegation will be a disaster and anyone thinking that any club other than Rangers will win the Championship in May 2015 needs to stop dreaming.

Far from convinced that Hearts will be up for anything other than mid table mediocrity after Mrs B's brutal cost cutting &we will be an unknown qualtity with players going out the doir.
But I would not fancy Hibs to send Killie/Partick/Ross Co/Hamilton/Dundee down via the play offs.

ekhibee
18-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Spot on. Relegation will be a disaster and anyone thinking that any club other than Rangers will win the Championship in May 2015 needs to stop dreaming.

Far from convinced that Hearts will be up for anything other than mid table mediocrity after Mrs B's brutal cost cutting &we will be an unknown qualtity with players going out the doir.
But I would not fancy Hibs to send Killie/Partick/Ross Co/Hamilton/Dundee down via the play offs.
Agree with you re Hearts and Rangers, but I think we would beat any of the SPL teams mentioned, and St Mirren, if we got them in the playoffs, providing we get rid of this lot and replace them with half decent players.

Waxy
18-05-2014, 08:34 PM
If we do stay up we should farm out some of our better prospects to cowdenbeath livi alloa.

SMAXXA
18-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Agree with you re Hearts and Rangers, but I think we would beat any of the SPL teams mentioned, and St Mirren, if we got them in the playoffs, providing we get rid of this lot and replace them with half decent players.

No offence but posts like this I think are stupid.....how can you say either way when no one has a sniff of knowledge of the squad we will have next year to as you say beat any of those teams, regardless if we stay in the premiership or not. No one can even start to say what we will be like next year so let's just focus on the present.

Jones28
18-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Relegating is NOT an option. That league will be so competitive next season that I can't see us even pushing for the promotion spots.

ekhibee
19-05-2014, 01:24 AM
No offence but posts like this I think are stupid.....how can you say either way when no one has a sniff of knowledge of the squad we will have next year to as you say beat any of those teams, regardless if we stay in the premiership or not. No one can even start to say what we will be like next year so let's just focus on the present.
No offence taken mate, I was only talking about a hypothetical situation, and the opening post is referring to a hypothetical situation as well. Of course I don't know for certain that we will strengthen the team, but I would be quite surprised if we kept the same team we have just now. And as I have also mentioned in a post on another topic, I think that if Killie lose Boyd in the summer they will struggle to replace him, and he was the only thing that saved them from the playoffs. I don't rate Tommy Craig at all, so I think there's a strong possibility that St Mirren might struggle too. Using that logic I think we would have a very realistical chance of beating these teams if we were in a playoff position ourselves of course. Let's hope we don't have to worry about this after next weekend though.