PDA

View Full Version : Cup final presentation

hibbysam
17-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure if this has been covered today, but how amateurish did the presentation of the winners trophy seem today? All saints players had there medals and were waiting to lift the trophy, which wasn't there, it then got dumped on the podium without the base, and mackay had enough of the wait and just lifted it without actually being 'presented' it!

(((Fergus)))
17-05-2014, 08:57 PM
After 130 years, I'd take that.

MartinfaePorty
17-05-2014, 08:59 PM
And they had to face an empty stand, as the Saints fans were to their right!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
17-05-2014, 09:29 PM
After 130 years, I'd take that.

That wasn't the point... I'm not saying it from a St Johnstone point of view... I'm saying it from a neutral watching on tv and watching a little man scurry over and slyly dump the trophy on the podium with half the trophy missing!

Deansy
17-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Totally agree - the guy running over with the cup was just unbelieveable !!. More proof that if one or both of the 'Ugly Sisters' aren't involved, those charged with promoting our game couldn't give a f....... !!!

SON OF PADDY
17-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Right now "half a Scottish cup" would do me !!

fat freddy
17-05-2014, 11:29 PM
That wasn't the point... I'm not saying it from a St Johnstone point of view... I'm saying it from a neutral watching on tv and watching a little man scurry over and slyly dump the trophy on the podium with half the trophy missing!

The wee guy that presented the cup wouldn't let go of it at first and when it was finally released he done a strange jig before departing the podium. Contrast that shambles with the presentation of the FA Cup at Wembley which was done with a degree of style and emotion, I particularly enjoyed Arsene Wenger showing his human side as he celebrated with his players after Wills handed the trophy to them. The farcical nature of the Parkhead presentation shouldn't really surprise us when you consider the whole event was organised by the body that seen fit to put Craig Thomson in charge of the match despite the fact that only two years ago he awarded a penalty for a foul that was three yards outside of the box in the 2012 final. In what other country and under what other football associations authority would such incompetence be rewarded with another final appearance? Those that are employed at the highest level within The SFA are a sad reminder that opportunists and incompetents prosper in all walks of life.

(((Fergus)))
18-05-2014, 12:14 AM

This is Scotland we're talking about.

emerald green
18-05-2014, 10:15 AM
The wee guy that presented the cup wouldn't let go of it at first and when it was finally released he done a strange jig before departing the podium. Contrast that shambles with the presentation of the FA Cup at Wembley which was done with a degree of style and emotion, I particularly enjoyed Arsene Wenger showing his human side as he celebrated with his players after Wills handed the trophy to them. The farcical nature of the Parkhead presentation shouldn't really surprise us when you consider the whole event was organised by the body that seen fit to put Craig Thomson in charge of the match despite the fact that only two years ago he awarded a penalty for a foul that was three yards outside of the box in the 2012 final. In what other country and under what other football associations authority would such incompetence be rewarded with another final appearance? Those that are employed at the highest level within The SFA are a sad reminder that opportunists and incompetents prosper in all walks of life.

One of the roasters commentating on the BBC TV coverage of the match (not sure which one it was) said something along the lines that he thought Craig Thomson was the best referee in the country. These may not have been his exact words, but it was very much along these lines. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard him utter such garbage.

Aaron
18-05-2014, 10:48 AM
One of the roasters commentating on the BBC TV coverage of the match (not sure which one it was) said something along the lines that he thought Craig Thomson was the best referee in the country. These may not have been his exact words, but it was very much along these lines. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard him utter such garbage.

I nearly put my foot through my TV.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hibbymick
18-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I still think we should do away with runners up medals...whats the point of them.

Godsahibby
18-05-2014, 12:20 PM
There is some great footage of the presentation filmed by Dave Mackay with a go pro camera strapped to his chest. It's a pretty good watch getting to see it from a players perspective.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure if this has been covered today, but how amateurish did the presentation of the winners trophy seem today? All saints players had there medals and were waiting to lift the trophy, which wasn't there, it then got dumped on the podium without the base, and mackay had enough of the wait and just lifted it without actually being 'presented' it!

it's just the Jocks way!

Remember too, one of sky tv's first live Scottish games. hardly anyone there and both teams led out to bag pipes. It was cringe worthy stuff.

Far slicker down south and in Europe. Not here.

Jdawg
18-05-2014, 01:39 PM
There is some great footage of the presentation filmed by Dave Mackay with a go pro camera strapped to his chest. It's a pretty good watch getting to see it from a players perspective.
It was really good, first time it's been done according to the link on YouTube.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2014, 01:40 PM
IMO all cups should involve climbing up some stairs to the "Royal box" or equivalent.

This stage somewhere on the pitch is pish!

By all means have one on the pitch (like the FA Cup), but present it up high.

J

Lang Toun Hibs
18-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Compare that with the rather elaborate German cup final presentation!