PDA

View Full Version : NHC Partying with the Saints

hibees 7062
17-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Having my birthday meal in the George Hotel at the same time the Saints are arriving , might be my only chance of a photo with the cup :greengrin

iwasthere1972
17-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Having my birthday meal in the George Hotel at the same time the Saints are arriving , might be my only chance of a photo with the cup :greengrin

Oh sugar. Another hundred and odd years bad luck then. :greengrin

bod
17-05-2014, 08:00 PM

you can get your photo next to the original cup at the Hampden museum , not the cheap replica other teams have lifted

hibees 7062
17-05-2014, 08:23 PM
you can get your photo next to the original cup at the Hampden museum , not the cheap replica other teams have lifted

If we won it i wouldn't care if it was foam

.Sean.
17-05-2014, 08:41 PM
See when teams win it, do they lift the original, keep it for the year and give it back, then given a replica to keep?

iwasthere1972
17-05-2014, 08:50 PM
See when teams win it, do they lift the original, keep it for the year and give it back, then given a replica to keep?

My impression is that they only get the 'fake' one in case they damage or lose the original one.

AndyM_1875
17-05-2014, 08:56 PM
My impression is that they only get the 'fake' one in case they damage or lose the original one.

The original never leaves the SFA.

Aaron
17-05-2014, 08:57 PM

I've lifted the original one at Hampden - one of the few people of the Hibee persuasion who have :boo hoo:

Aaron
17-05-2014, 09:02 PM
The original gets presented to the winning team then quickly replaced with the replica.

Centre Hawf
17-05-2014, 09:21 PM
The original gets presented to the winning team then quickly replaced with the replica.

This. You lift the original and then keep the replica. I think they do however use the original in the studio for Sky Sports and stuff.

weonlywon6-2
17-05-2014, 11:39 PM

When that lot won in 2006 , one of their coaches worked with us and brought the acottish cup in to my office and i had a picture taken ,with the ribbons of of course !.
From memory it was all engraved and certainly didnt look very new so not sure what cup that would have been,they had the base as well ??

Aaron
18-05-2014, 12:09 AM
When that lot won in 2006 , one of their coaches worked with us and brought the acottish cup in to my office and i had a picture taken ,with the ribbons of of course !.
From memory it was all engraved and certainly didnt look very new so not sure what cup that would have been,they had the base as well ??

I'm guessing it was the replica....the cup is worth millions and is historic hence why they made an old looking replica.

oramhibee
18-05-2014, 12:32 AM
I remember when they won it in 2006, our deputy headmaster was a Jambo, and he got a few of them to bring it in to school and get photos taken with it, I never got one though...

Forza Fred
18-05-2014, 02:36 AM
I remember when they won it in 2006, our deputy headmaster was a Jambo, and he got a few of them to bring it in to school and get photos taken with it, I never got one though...

I got my photo taken almost exactly a year ago with the cup outside the bookie in Easter Road....made the Evening News too.

A year ago.....where we were then, and where we are now.....

erin go bragh
18-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Am i right in saying Rangers rip name is not on the original cup but ours is . Ive kissed the league cup when Budgie jumped on the fence with it in the East . What an atmosphere in the holy ground that evening .
Ill hold fire getting my picture took until we cough , win it .

Ggtth

Jamesie
18-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Am i right in saying Rangers rip name is not on the original cup but ours is . Ive kissed the league cup when Budgie jumped on the fence with it in the East . What an atmosphere in the holy ground that evening .
Ill hold fire getting my picture took until we cough , win it .

Ggtth

Remember getting my picture taken with the League and Skol Cup at a Hibs' kids day during the Easter school holidays in 1992...good times :greengrin

jacomo
18-05-2014, 09:29 AM

Or try to sell it, as Hearts no doubt would.