PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rabo 12 Final

Jamesie
17-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Glasgow have made the Final of the Rabo12 Direct rugby playoffs and if Ulster defeat Leinster tonight then due to league placings Glasgow will get to dictate where it is played. It needs to be a stadium with >18,000 capacity; there seems to be doubt over the Glasgow football stadiums due to Commonwealth games preparations / other commitments and Murrayfield is having the pitch repaid.

Rugby Park is just a shade over 18,000 but I wonder if they might look to Easter Road given the greater capacity? The Final is on 31 May so plenty time for the pitch to recover over the pre-season and could be a money spinner for Hibs?

Nameless
17-05-2014, 04:41 PM
It would be a decent game too. I've seen Glasgow on tv a few times this season, and they've looked good. If it is at ER, I reckon this would easily pull 20,000+.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Talk of it being held at ibrox if Glasgow get the home tie.

Sammy7nil
17-05-2014, 04:47 PM
It would be a decent game too. I've seen Glasgow on tv a few times this season, and they've looked good. If it is at ER, I reckon this would easily pull 20,000+.

I agree but cant see them using ER it will stay in Glasgow or go to Murrayfield

The Glasgow crowd would go beserk if it was not kept in the Glasgow area.

Twiglet
17-05-2014, 04:54 PM
i agree but cant see them using ER it will stay in Glasgow or Murrayfield

Will be Glasgow then. Murrayfield pitch currently dug up, they had worm problems and Edinburgh have been playing at Meggatland because it was in such a bad state.

kennyh
17-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Leinster beat ulster so the final match is in Dublin.

GlenrothesHibee
17-05-2014, 08:50 PM
We've already had 14k weegies in our stadium this year. Thats enough.

The Pointer
18-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Was at the game at Scotstoun on Friday and what an awesome performance from the Weegies. When they talk about a 'hard shift', these guys were completely fckd at the end.

They're my 'local' team but as I'm from Edinburgh can never buy any of their stuff. Would have been great to get the final in Scotland.

Golden Bear
18-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Was at the game at Scotstoun on Friday and what an awesome performance from the Weegies. When they talk about a 'hard shift', these guys were completely fckd at the end.

They're my 'local' team but as I'm from Edinburgh can never buy any of their stuff. Would have been great to get the final in Scotland.

What a fantastic game that was. Well played the weegies albeit the victory was masterminded by a great Borderer in the name of Gregor Townsend.

MrSmith
19-05-2014, 09:44 AM
I agree but cant see them using ER it will stay in Glasgow or go to Murrayfield

The Glasgow crowd would go beserk if it was not kept in the Glasgow area.

Different crowd type, not as narrow minded as the football fans. Hopefully at Murrayfield, can see crowds of 35k + ala Edinburgh v Toulouse Heineken cup semi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17639378

I'd definitely go! Well done Glasgow Rugby!!

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2014, 12:44 PM
immaterial now, Leinster beat Munster and will host the final