PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

AngusHibby
17-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Released by West Brom... worth a pop, obviously talent there. Bet he's wishing he'd stayed at Dundee United

Nutmegged
17-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I think thanks to Peter Houston he couldn't get out of Tannadice quickly enough, to be honest I recognise the name more than the actual talent itself, no idea how he has progressed in the last 2 years

Pretty Boy
17-05-2014, 12:03 PM
It's a risky one.

Obvious talent but think there were a few questions re his attitude and being a bit of a billy big baws. He's also never really seemed to have set the heather on fire whilst on loan.

I'd probably be tempted to take a chance if he was interested as he's still young.

Joe
17-05-2014, 12:04 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/25/why-has-west-broms-scott-allan-become-a-forgotten-man-at-birmingham-city-4677495/

leithsansiro
17-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Decent player from what I remember, but dunno how lack of regular action may have affected him of late. More potential than product I seem to recall. Probably a few teams up here looking at him. Being honest, it's probably the sort of situation that, if we were to sign him, he'd end up being gash and a crock, but if someone like Aberdeen signed him, he'd be a revelation.

It's the Hibs way! :thumbsup:

Big_Franck
17-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Good player who would be a great signing for us. Question is whether we could afford his wages, and whether the rumours about attitude problems are accurate or not.

I think he'll sign for a lower championship or a good league one side.

leithsansiro
17-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Good player who would be a great signing for us. Question is whether we could afford his wages, and whether the rumours about attitude problems are accurate or not.

We may be a lower championship side soon enough, just on the wrong side of the border, mind!

Jack
17-05-2014, 12:32 PM

Its not a question of whether we can afford his wages, its if we can compete with any other clubs that might be interested.

If we were to offer the most we could afford his wages.

Big_Franck
17-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Its not a question of whether we can afford his wages, its if we can compete with any other clubs that might be interested.

If we were to offer the most we could afford his wages.

Same thing. I don't think we'll be able to afford to the wage offers that he is likely to get.

If there is very little interest in him down south then he may be forced to return to the SPL. If that were to happen i'd hope we'd be in for him.

Beefster
17-05-2014, 05:05 PM
If he can't motivate himself in the Premiership or Championship down south, I'd be reluctant to see Hibs use a decent wedge on seeing if he could do it back up here.

Allant1981
17-05-2014, 05:14 PM
If he can't motivate himself in the Premiership or Championship down south, I'd be reluctant to see Hibs use a decent wedge on seeing if he could do it back up here.

Or he maybe just isnt good enough for the premier or championship

Beefster
17-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Or he maybe just isnt good enough for the premier or championship

The article posted earlier about his time at Birmingham seems to suggest otherwise.

macd123
17-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Very talented. He fell out with dundee united and birmingham so risky.

Dashing Bob S
17-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Could do a good a job.

In George Street.

Sign him.

PeterboroHibee
18-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Hes a talented player but definitely one to avoid. Since moving to West Brom hes been at various clubs, all of whom have really struggled with him in terms of his attitude and mentality (according to various reports and managerial interviews).

bingo70
18-05-2014, 06:21 AM
He's a good player, we need good players.

I dont care if he is a bit harder to manage.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Was browsing through old threads and came across this one Didn't attract a big response at the time as suspect most people didn't think it would be a possibility.With hindsight clearly was worth the risk taken And good shout by the op

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Good find. Missed this thread first time around although I remember the thread that started the day before he eventually signed. Think we were maybe all a bit too concerned with our slide down the table to worry too much about signings. Interesting how many folk wouldn't have taken a punt on him though.