PDA

View Full Version : McPake Return?

spike220
17-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know what is the story with the return of McPake, is it going to happen? is he ready?

SMAXXA
17-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Yeah he's ready but not being selected just now as the other guys are ahead if him. I'm of,the view I'd like to see him come in for the play offs, let's face it he can't do any worse than the other 2.

easty
17-05-2014, 09:52 AM
he'll not likely play the first leg of the playoff because of the 3g surface.

Vini1875
17-05-2014, 09:54 AM
He ought to be ahead of Nelson IMHO as we need players willing lead for these next two games.

spike220
17-05-2014, 09:58 AM

What is the problem, with 3G surfaces???

easty
17-05-2014, 10:08 AM
What is the problem, with 3G surfaces???

Too hard. His back can't cope with it apparently, which isn't surprising as the impact of playing on 3G does take more out your body than a grass pitch does.

MrRobot
17-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Too hard. His back can't cope with it apparently, which isn't surprising as the impact of playing on 3G does take more out your body than a grass pitch does.

I've got a feeling that TB wasn't risking him just incase the play-offs came about and wanted him fit and ready for these. I really hope he plays in both legs.

Regardless of the surface, the surgery was to correct his back problem so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. We need a leader on the pitch.

:jmcp:

Heisenberg
17-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I'd agree that we need a leader for these games. Liam Craig certainly isn't the answer. Hopefully Thommo is back as I can't see Mcpake featuring.

Franck Stanton
17-05-2014, 11:54 AM
We NEED McPake's drive, energy and leadership qualities in both the play-off games. He is, without doubt, the best central defender we have.

Nutmegged
17-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I've got a feeling that TB wasn't risking him just incase the play-offs came about and wanted him fit and ready for these. I really hope he plays in both legs.

Regardless of the surface, the surgery was to correct his back problem so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. We need a leader on the pitch.

I don't agree with this to be honest, if TB felt McPake could be so valuable to the survival of the club he would have played him in the biggest game that mattered at the time in my opinion, which was at Easter Road to Kilmarnock

RIP Bestie
17-05-2014, 01:14 PM

I've read some nonsense on here but this takes the biscuit. Do you really think that if Butcher felt McPake was the best option he wouldn't have played him in the Killie game which would have prevented the need for these 2 games? I suspect that Butcher sees McPake for what he is, a liability. In my opinion of course.

yekimevol
17-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know what is the story with the return of McPake, is it going to happen? is he ready?

Hes been fully fit since the derby, Butchers the one keeping our captain on the sidelines.

Bob Box Fish
17-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Given the time mcpake has been out he would need about half a dozen games to be considered fully fitted.

Saying that if he's in a playable condition he's worth a punt over Nelson or Mcgivern.

hibeesathampden
18-05-2014, 05:18 AM

Rubbish. If he doesn't play it's only because Butcher doesn't see him as our best option. He is fit to play, whether it be on grass or 3G. Would love to see him lead the team out on Wed with both Nelson and Craig dropped.

Beefster
18-05-2014, 06:23 AM

McPake has said that that's rubbish.

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Last few Tweets from James. Let's have him in the team TB .

@JamesMcPake6: hopefully be involved. Fully fit and I will give it my all as usual. But unfortunately team selection not upto me.

@JamesMcPake6: been fit for a while now. Desperate to be back in the team!
Hope all it well mate

@JamesMcPake6: Up for Night feed with the wee one ! Heard I would Struggle with astro? Heard it all now haha!! 😴

spike220
18-05-2014, 07:36 AM

@JamesMcPake6: hopefully be involved. Fully fit and I will give it my all as usual. But unfortunately team selection not upto me.

Hope all it well mate

@JamesMcPake6: Up for Night feed with the wee one ! Heard I would Struggle with astro? Heard it all now haha!! 

Good on you James, he is just what we need imho, what have we got to lose.

James plays without fear and this is what we need....not the usual unlucky loser story.....but someone ready to bleed green and white.

The more I think about it the more I want to see James and Stevenson in the team.

If were gonna do this, lets bloody well give it a shake and give them a fright.

GGTTH

KeithTheHibby
18-05-2014, 08:40 AM

Hope all it well mate

@JamesMcPake6: Up for Night feed with the wee one ! Heard I would Struggle with astro? Heard it all now haha!! 

Read that myself. Some complete knob of a hibby was giving him a hard time for some reason.

bingo70
18-05-2014, 08:44 AM
If butcher thought nelson and forster were a better option at the back then thats concerning but even so, thats the managers choice. I'd have thought he'd beworth trying up front when none of our other choices were working. Even if it was for the last 10 mins or so.

easty
18-05-2014, 08:50 AM
McPake has said that that's rubbish.

I hope it is, for his health if nothing else.

I'd be surprised if it had no truth to it though.

Ronniekirk
18-05-2014, 09:07 AM
If butcher thought nelson and forster were a better option at the back then thats concerning but even so, thats the managers choice. I'd have thought he'd beworth trying up front when none of our other choices were working. Even if it was for the last 10 mins or so.

The Nelson /Foster combination has been a factor in mot being able to keep a clean sheet but yet they have been our goal threat It's now a few weeks since McPake played a couple of under 20 s games so he clearly isn't match fit and we saw how Robertson tired and wasn't that effective in his first game back so it's a risk as if he costs us the first goal because he is rusty fans would immediately be on his back .If he is fit enough to drive forward that's an Asset but if he is struggling to get back and cover that's when we see those slide tackles of his that loan lead to him being sent off .
not an easy decision and you would have thought he would have given him some game time as sub in last few games if he was fit as he couldn't of done any worse than OTJ I really hope he isn't even in squad for play offs as pointless .
carneys court case dealt with so question is has he kept himself fit or if he knows he is leaving has he just lost interest ,as a fully fit and motivated Cairney can cause defences problems and he can set up goals for Heff IMO