PDA

View Full Version : Brings it all back

Billy Whizz
16-05-2014, 12:56 PM
At Dublin Airport, waiting to come home to Edinburgh. Quite a number of St Johnstone fans in the airport wearing their scarves and strips. Doesn't seem a year since we were all heading to Hampden in expectant mood.

Nutmegged
16-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Despite losing them all we've been lucky that we've managed to get to Hampden for the Scottish Cup Final 3 times in 10 years, it's a difficult thing to do unless you're Celtic or Rangers, our time will come again, infact when you think about it, in both competitons, we've got their 5 times in the last 11 years, we've done well in that sense, despite always feeling let down by the club/players/management/board we've always seemed to get a good run going that has helped spike optimism.

Mr White
16-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Despite losing them all we've been lucky that we've managed to get to Hampden for the Scottish Cup Final 3 times in 10 years, it's a difficult thing to do unless you're Celtic or Rangers, our time will come again, infact when you think about it, in both competitons, we've got their 5 times in the last 11 years, we've done well in that sense, despite always feeling let down by the club/players/management/board we've always seemed to get a good run going that has helped spike optimism.

4 times in the last 10 years, 5 in last 13.

Good luck to saints I know a few guys from perth and I know how much it would mean to them to win tomorrow.

Craig_in_Prague
16-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I hope UTD gub them.

1st final; they need to get back MANY more times, before they maybe deserve a win lol

In all seriousness, UTD are an exciting team and IMHO the best team to watch in the league. Good young players keep coming through and I hope they win it, I feel they deserve it (scored 5 at ICT, etc).

Will also be backing them @ 5/4

greenlex
16-05-2014, 04:36 PM
At Dublin Airport, waiting to come home to Edinburgh. Quite a number of St Johnstone fans in the airport wearing their scarves and strips. Doesn't seem a year since we were all heading to Hampden in expectant mood.Seems more like a couple. :agree:

Nutmegged
16-05-2014, 04:41 PM
4 times in the last 10 years, 5 in last 13.

Good luck to saints I know a few guys from perth and I know how much it would mean to them to win tomorrow.

I said 3 Scottish Cups bud, meant to put 10 odd year, later on in the post I also mentioned the two league cup finals :ok:

Nutmegged
16-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I hope UTD gub them.

1st final; they need to get back MANY more times, before they maybe deserve a win lol

In all seriousness, UTD are an exciting team and IMHO the best team to watch in the league. Good young players keep coming through and I hope they win it, I feel they deserve it (scored 5 at ICT, etc).

I'd like to see Utd win, very entertaining side and have been a joy to watch all Season, also, I've been impressed how their kids haven't just all chased the money at the first hint of a move, it'd be good justification for them if they win.

BUT...St Johnstone have the Indian sign over them this Season, they've gubbed them 3 of the 4 times they've played each other, I fancy St Johnstone to edge it.

Puddocky
16-05-2014, 04:44 PM
3rd season in a row we've got a major game to look forward to after the league matches are finished.....:wink:

Golden Bear
16-05-2014, 05:07 PM
There's a 70 seater cup final supporters bus leaving from my home town of Peebles - all intent on having a good day and I'd guess mainly there to support Steven Maclean who hails from the town.

So for that reason alone - 'mon the Saintees!

ekhibee
16-05-2014, 05:09 PM
I hope UTD gub them.

I can't make my mind up about this in all honesty. DU are a good price I reckon, they have quite a good record in cup finals, but St Johnstone have never won it, so it would be great to see them win it, even though I find Cosgrove really irritating these days.

NAE NOOKIE
16-05-2014, 05:23 PM
The guy I go to ER with every home game is going tomorrow, his partners family are from Perth.

I want the Saints to win for two reasons 1) they have never won it and 2) for the 3,000 or so hardy souls who turn up every Saturday. Besides the Utd fans have had a few days in the sun over the years.

Looking forward to watching it on the telly ... if its anything like the Aberdeen v St Johnstone semi it will be worth watching.

Craig_in_Prague
16-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I can't make my mind up about this in all honesty. DU are a good price I reckon, they have quite a good record in cup finals, but St Johnstone have never won it, so it would be great to see them win it, even though I find Cosgrove really irritating these days.

D Utd for me all day long. Keep bringing through players and I like Jackie Mac.
They play attacking exciting football. Score plenty goals when on form.
St J are a bit like Hibs last year, with Stevie May their Sparky

Michael
16-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I don't mind St. Johnstone. I hope they win it because it would be their first Scottish cup; utd have already won it recently; David Wotherspoon deserves some luck when it comes to SC finals; and they're probably my favourite away trip (although I haven't been for a while).

Billy Whizz
16-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Any idea how many tickets for the game have been sold?

Hibstrooper
16-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Any idea how many tickets for the game have been sold?

At least 43,000 last count

28k United
15k St J

Billy Whizz
16-05-2014, 06:30 PM
At least 43,000 last count

28k United
15k St J

Decent turn out, higher than most would have thought. If this had been at Hampden, it would have looked really full