PDA

View Full Version : Club v country for cummings

cat1875
16-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Was having a chat last night and found out that Jason cummings has been selected to play for scotland in the u19 euros.
unfortunately this clashes with our 2 play of games,scotland do have the final say if he goes over the club as it is an international tournament but I believe he has already told them not to select him as he wants to stay and help the club stay up.
with England drawn in Scotland's group it seems a shame our so called older pros couldn't do there job in keeping us up so he could attend this.
but shows good passion on his belhalf for hibs

ALF TUPPER
16-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Was having a chat last night and found out that Jason cummings has been selected to play for scotland in the u19 euros.
unfortunately this clashes with our 2 play of games,scotland do have the final say if he goes over the club as it is an international tournament but I believe he has already told them not to select him as he wants to stay and help the club stay up.
with England drawn in Scotland's group it seems a shame our so called older pros couldn't do there job in keeping us up so he could attend this.

:agree: Yeah. Good lad Jason.
You're right Cat. We should have the talent and experience in the squad to allow the kid to go to the U19 Euros. Of course we shouldn't be in this position anyway.

( Sorry, Back to the thread )

Well done Jason :aok:

Nutmegged
16-05-2014, 01:11 PM
It's a no brainer really, it'd be great if he could have had the experience of going to the Euro's...particularly with England being in the same group BUT I don't think there's a choice here, the Euro's is all about developing potential and giving them experience, this is Jason's bread and butter, he'll likely learn more about himself from these games than he would at the Euro's - big lessons to be learned here whether we win or loss this tie, guts, bottle, ability under pressure, composure, decision making...these games will see how far along he is in his development IMO

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 01:14 PM
The simple fact is that 18 or not we arent able to let him go so poor are our forward options for these games. Personally would start him in both games, was surprised that he didnt start on Saturday.

StarMan10
16-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Brave choice. Would have easy to choose Scotland where the environment would be much more relaxed. Shows he's up for the battle, all we need now is him to get off the mark!

DH1875
16-05-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm not up to speed with the U'19s, does Cummings get a game for them or would he be on the bench?

Billy Whizz
16-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm not up to speed with the U'19s, does Cummings get a game for them or would he be on the bench?

He started the last game in a 3-1 win over Switzerland, although I believe this was his 1st cap

stoneyburn hibs
16-05-2014, 03:50 PM
It would be a bummer for the laddie if Butcher didn't give him any/much game time over the two legs.

That said, if Butcher were to start him and Heff then maybe the tactics will be to try and play it on the deck.

He said in hope.

leithsansiro
17-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I like Cummings.
I like he chases stuff down.
I like his ability with a ball.

Most of all, I like that he wants to be there to help his team in our hour of need, despite anything else.

Speedy
17-05-2014, 12:33 PM

I think the real shame here is that the SPFL have allowed this to happen.

Surely they knew when the internationals were when arranging fixtures for the playoffs.

Steve20
17-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Club should always come ahead of country.

Always.

Itsnoteasy
17-05-2014, 04:57 PM

He has hardly set the heather on fire for Hibs 1st team. Let him play for Scotland he seems to score for fun around his age group.

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Always.

Agreed

Sammy7nil
17-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Brave choice. Would have easy to choose Scotland where the environment would be much more relaxed. Shows he's up for the battle, all we need now is him to get off the mark!

If he had have said anything about playing for Scotland ahead of Hibs he would be looking for a new club

17-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Good on him. Much rather have him up front than that clown Collins.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Well in Jase :top marks

Smartie
17-05-2014, 05:33 PM

Always.

I disagree. Country should always have first choice and if they want him he should go. The SFA absolutely should not allow a situation where a choice should have to be made. No way should club and country fixtures coincide.

As he's been given the choice, I have to say I'm delighted that he's chosen to play for us. Far better all-round player than our other options. Like all of our other options I don't fancy him much up front on his own but I'd go with him and Heffernan up there.