PDA

View Full Version : players talking to press before games

chrisski33
15-05-2014, 01:36 PM
i really wish players stopped talking to the press ahead of big games only to fail in their talk heres the latest

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-heff-is-goal-hungry-1-3411871

stop the chat and do the talking on the pitch

jakeshibs
15-05-2014, 01:54 PM
i really wish players stopped talking to the press ahead of big games only to fail in their talk heres the latest

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-heff-is-goal-hungry-1-3411871

I agree!!

ALF TUPPER
15-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Absolutely ! :top marks

Allant1981
15-05-2014, 01:58 PM
The club/players have to do interviews, part and parcel of the job, would you rather the club didnt speak to anyone? Then you would be moaning that we are hearing nothing from them, but yes id love to see them do it on the park for a chamge this year

JimBHibees
15-05-2014, 02:01 PM
The club/players have to do interviews, part and parcel of the job, would you rather the club didnt speak to anyone? Then you would be moaning that we are hearing nothing from them, but yes id love to see them do it on the park for a chamge this year

Agree you also have to realise that what the players say and what the press print are probably poles apart.

Q. Would you like to score a goal in the play off?

A. Yes

Headline - Heff is goal hungry

PeterboroHibee
15-05-2014, 02:10 PM

Spot on. It does feel a little bit tiresome seeing the same generic interviews, but players of any club are generally required to give them. They cant really say anything else other than try and be positive.

What annoys me more is when you hear things from the club that just arent true, or is complete nonsense eg we are playing well, we were unlucky, Butchers comments about it being good to concede the first goal etc.

chrisski33
15-05-2014, 02:24 PM

read my comment i said player NOT the club! yes of course it is part of the job obviously. i wouldnt moan if they didnt say anything tbh as rather they did talking on the pitch. take collins interview he did (before st mirren game) where he was saying to other teams they need to catch us and he was gonna score goals etc and now we have heffers latest interview. means nothing if they aint doing it on the pitch. these interviews make them and the club look silly in my opinion

PeterboroHibee
15-05-2014, 02:49 PM
read my comment i said player NOT the club! yes of course it is part of the job obviously. i wouldnt moan if they didnt say anything tbh as rather they did talking on the pitch. take collins interview he did (before st mirren game) where he was saying to other teams they need to catch us and he was gonna score goals etc and now we have heffers latest interview. means nothing if they aint doing it on the pitch. these interviews make them and the club look silly in my opinion

Although I agree with what you are saying (they should do their talking on the pitch), they clearly still have to give interviews and do media work, so what else can they say? Realistically Collins and Heffernan have to be positive and say they are going to score goals.

Allant1981
15-05-2014, 03:04 PM

So who should do the interviews then?

confused
15-05-2014, 03:20 PM
He's hardly going to say , me and my strike partner are gash , mince , couldn't score in salamander st with a £20 in each pocket , is he ?

DC_Hibs
15-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Delete the thread coz it's an embarrassment.

Surprised it took till post 4 before someone pointed out the bleedingly obvious