PDA

View Full Version : NHC Albion Rovers ST initiative

alan1875
15-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Interesting... some variation of this scheme at Easter Road would be good... Not sure what exactly but principally I like the idea.

As the boy states it's not about the money... it's getting people back to games and backing the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27416968

Keith_M
15-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Pay what you can afford, I guarantee Hibs would lose money if they tried this.

If they tried it at Tynecastle or Easter Road, just imagine all the rival fans buying up the spare STs for a quid, just to stop them getting any extra income. I know I would......

Michael
15-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Would it be wrong if I bought an Albion Rovers season ticket? That's an amazing offer!

Onceinawhile
15-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Pay what you can afford, I guarantee Hibs would lose money if they tried this.

If they tried it at Tynecastle or Easter Road, can you imagine all the rival fans buying up the spare STs for a quid, just to stop them getting any extra income. I know I would......

Sales to people on the database only.

It could be varied in one of two ways that I can see:

1. Pay what you want, but with a minimum level of payment.
2. A set price for season tickets depending on how many are sold. E.g. 5,000 at £400, 10,000 at £300, 15,000 at £250.

Something like that would be nice but won't happen.

Mind when hearts tried "dynamic pricing?"

bod
15-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Would it be wrong if I bought an Albion Rovers season ticket? That's an amazing offer!

no ,you'll be able to use it when they entertain us in the Ramsden cup

Keith_M
15-05-2014, 02:20 PM
It could be varied in one of two ways that I can see:

1. Pay what you want, but with a minimum level of payment.
2. A set price for season tickets depending on how many are sold. E.g. 5,000 at £400, 10,000 at £300, 15,000 at £250.

Something like that would be nice but won't happen.

In the first scenario, I can't see many people paying any more then the minimum. It could lead to Hibs losing money against what they would normally get

The second sounds quite interesting but a bit complicated, e.g. would it mean sending refunds to people every time a new target is met?

If there is a genuine demand for reduced price Adult STs (we already have loads of offers for kids, etc), I'd rather see different prices for different parts of the ground. That's done partly now, with the price of the FF front, but I think it could be introduced more widely, e.g. £300 for the two extreme end sections in the East and West (which are usually empty), up to maximum price for the sections level with the halfway line.

StarMan10
15-05-2014, 02:30 PM
For a club with a small fan base such as Albion Rovers this kind of model is a no brainier really. Problems could arise if lots of clubs do the same, the competition could start to outweigh demand. For larger clubs it's just too much of a financial risk to consider

HibbyKeith
15-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea for Hibs to use this initiative exclusively for the Kicks for Kids campaign.

There's no chance RP would ever sanction losing revenue from the hardcore support, so a potential future fan based initiative wouldn't be a bad alternative.

(((Fergus)))
15-05-2014, 05:14 PM
In the first scenario, I can't see many people paying any more then the minimum. It could lead to Hibs losing money against what they would normally get

The second sounds quite interesting but a bit complicated, e.g. would it mean sending refunds to people every time a new target is met?

If there is a genuine demand for reduced price Adult STs (we already have loads of offers for kids, etc), I'd rather see different prices for different parts of the ground. That's done partly now, with the price of the FF front, but I think it could be introduced more widely, e.g. £300 for the two extreme end sections in the East and West (which are usually empty), up to maximum price for the sections level with the halfway line.

If the price structure was 5,000 at £400, 10,000 at £300, 15,000 at £250, Hibs could take £250 from every customer at purchase up until a final cut-off date just before the season when the balance (£0 - £150) would be taken.

It's a good idea as 1) fans would be motivated to get others to buy STs too and 2) more people in the ground = more merchandising sales.

Albion Hibs
15-05-2014, 05:44 PM
I think this is a good idea for a club with a minimal overhead, I am sure much of there fixed cost for a season will be covered by sponsorship, I don't think it would work for us though given the running costs of the stadium, training centre, support staff and of course the players. I think we do need to try something different though, a couple of the English clubs last year did schemes whereby if a certain number of season hooks were sold the cost of the book went down for everybody ie say we sold 9000 if you purchased you were reimbursed say 5 or 10%, part could even be in vouchers for the club shop.

Islington Hibs
15-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Good on Albion- wouldn't really work for bigger clubs I don't think.

I would abolish season tickets and instead make people members. Price them the same as now but give people a feeling of belonging and some better discounts as a perk. For example

A member would get into all home games including reserves etc and get say a 25% discount on food/ merchandise plus a couple of tickets to category B games to 'bring a friend'

If someone had been a member for 5 years (consecutively) they might also get, in addition, 6 tickets for Cat B games to bring a friend and perhaps an invite to a dinner in one of the corporate suits with others long term members with some members of the management.

If they had had consecutive membership for over 10 years they might also get a medal,

If they had had consecutive membership for over 25 years sent for free psychiatric help!

Albion Hibs
15-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Good on Albion- wouldn't really work for bigger clubs I don't think.

I would abolish season tickets and instead make people members. Price them the same as now but give people a feeling of belonging and some better discounts as a perk. For example

A member would get into all home games including reserves etc and get say a 25% discount on food/ merchandise plus a couple of tickets to category B games to 'bring a friend'

If someone had been a member for 5 years (consecutively) they might also get, in addition, 6 tickets for Cat B games to bring a friend and perhaps an invite to a dinner in one of the corporate suits with others long term members with some members of the management.

If they had had consecutive membership for over 10 years they might also get a medal,

If they had had consecutive membership for over 25 years sent for free psychiatric help!

These should probably come in intervals of 5 years.

Paperboy
16-05-2014, 08:16 PM
I always thought Hibs should say they'd refund season tickets bought if we don't win the Scottieh Cup that season!

hibeemikey21
16-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I always thought Hibs should say they'd refund season tickets bought if we don't win the Scottieh Cup that season!

How about a "pay on the way out depending on the result" initiative

Tenner for a defeat or if you leave early when we're losing
£15 for a draw
£20 for a win

Player's contracts heavily weighted by win bonuses.

Sorted.

SMAXXA
16-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Well if that's the case it says more about a support ie our support in your context than anything? Fwiw I disagree that our fans would pay the minimum ya miserable negative gett.

Jack
17-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Its a nice touch by a small club.

It was mentioned during the last LWT meeting. The club has already increased its ST holders from around 100 to 350.

With the minimum payment of a tenner there are a few being bought by people with no intention of going i.e. overseas fans. Similarly there are those buying to donate in a Kicks for Kids scenario.

With the best will in the world Hibs couldn't contemplate such an offer without the minimum being 2 or 3 hundred which would be much less likely to attract those gestures.

Even at £300 minimum do people here honestly think it would attract the extra 2,000 - 3,000 extra supporters that would be needed to make the scheme break even/move into profit? Would the increase in numbers be sustained? Personally I doubt it.

NAE NOOKIE
17-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Would never work for a bigger club. But good on Albion Rovers for the idea.

I like the idea of a club membership scheme, where buying a ST makes you a member of Hibernian football club.

Fill the corner at the FF / East with a huge club they could attend 7 days a week. With Chesterfield chairs and log fires, staff would bring ironed copies of Evening news etc to your chair. Rod Petrie could be head steward and spend his remaining time at ER listening to members saying 'Petrie another chilled Bovril chop chop' .............................. Yes sir says a fawning Petrie.

Its a dream I have .............. sigh

leithsansiro
17-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Would be awesome if the Yams did this. Oh no, wait. They can't afford anything at all anyway...

Keith_M
17-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Well if that's the case it says more about a support ie our support in your context than anything? Fwiw I disagree that our fans would pay the minimum ya miserable negative gett.

Thanks, I do try

:greengrin