PDA

View Full Version : Lawrie Reilly Place

Pretty Boy
15-05-2014, 10:48 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/councillors-approve-lawrie-reilly-street-name-1-3412009

Seems the Council have seen sense and a street near ER will now be named after Lawrie Reilly.

Only the Tories opposed the move, another reason (if one was needed) not to vote for them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-05-2014, 11:03 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/councillors-approve-lawrie-reilly-street-name-1-3412009

Seems the Council have seen sense and a street near ER will now be named after Lawrie Reilly.

Only the Tories opposed the move, another reason (if one was needed) not to vote for them.

Let's not turn this in to political point scoring, it's the bad publicity the yam loving council have had over it, they are only trying to save face here but a welcome result none the less.

Jim44
15-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Let's not turn this in to political point scoring, it's the bad publicity the yam loving council have had over it, they are only trying to save face here but a welcome result none the less.

Maybe they could have Romanov Road. Appropriate for the one he led them down. Or maybe a dead-end would fit the bill.:greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
15-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Great news.

Hibby Gav
15-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Maybe they could have Romanov Road. Appropriate for the one he led them down. Or maybe a dead-end would fit the bill.:greengrin

Maybe the road out to the airport?

Keith_M
15-05-2014, 11:44 AM

They've finally seen sense. I'd be very happy for them also to name a street after the passing of a Hearts hero, maybe one of the Terrible Trio, e.g. Alfie Conn Sr.

I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating... When my Dad visited me for the first time in Munich, we got off the Tram near my house and he said 'why on earth have they named a tram stop after Willie Bauld, in Munich?'.

It was actually Willibaldplatz, but he thought they 'damn Hearts Supporting Cooncillurs get everywhere'. :wink:

Bostonhibby
15-05-2014, 11:49 AM
In recognition of Mr Romanov Sirs contribution shouldn't they change McLeod street to Yellowbrick Road?

Hamish
15-05-2014, 11:49 AM

:agree: or a cul-de-sac.

Hamish
15-05-2014, 11:51 AM
My old mum would have approved of this. She was singer in the dance halls in the 40's and 50's and the Famous Five were regular visitors. Gordon Smith was a charmer but her favourite was Lawrie.

Weststandwanab
15-05-2014, 11:56 AM
My old mum would have approved of this. She was singer in the dance halls in the 40's and 50's and the Famous Five were regular visitors. Gordon Smith was a charmer but her favourite was Lawrie.

My mother to on both counts.

I see no problem in making Political Capita the Tories would if the shoe was on the other foot.

Iggy Pope
15-05-2014, 01:40 PM
They've finally seen sense. I'd be very happy for them also to name a street after the passing of a Hearts hero, maybe one of the Terrible Trio, e.g. Alfie Conn Sr.

I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating... When my Dad visited me for the first time in Munich, we got off the Tram near my house and he said 'why on earth have they named a tram stop after Willie Bauld, in Munich?'.

It was actually Willibaldplatz, but he thought they 'damn Hearts Supporting Cooncillurs get everywhere'. :wink:

:greengrin I am seeing what you did there.....

hibbybrian
15-05-2014, 02:01 PM
In recognition of Mr Romanov Sirs contribution shouldn't they change McLeod street to Yellowbrick Road?

or Letsbie Avenue :greengrin

lapsedhibee
15-05-2014, 07:15 PM

Yes, they have to be seen to be even handed. Say, name a street after a Hibs player and build the yams a new stadium. That seems about right.

One Day
15-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes, they have to be seen to be even handed. Say, name a street after a Hibs player and build the yams a new stadium. That seems about right.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don't give them ideas

DAVE1875
15-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Which street is it that's being renamed Lawrie Reilly Place?

DoonTheSlope
15-05-2014, 07:56 PM
The council have already named a street in Leith after a Hearts legend: ALBERT STREET

Vini1875
15-05-2014, 08:02 PM
good move even if it was arm up the back stuff to get it done.

Mr White
15-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Which street is it that's being renamed Lawrie Reilly Place?

One in a new development in the Lochend butterfly. I think the next phase is directly behind sainsburys on the southern side of the railway.

The Harp
15-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Edinburgh councillors using common sense, whatever next?!?
Well done to them anyway. Only opposed by the Tories - sounds about right.:na na:

sven nil
16-05-2014, 05:17 AM
The council have already named a street in Leith after a Hearts legend: ALBERT STREET Right enough mate!
they have a few named relating to them Dick Place, Savile Pl Duff St, Steals pl, Robbs Loan ect,,,,,,,,,,

Harpandcastle
16-05-2014, 06:01 AM

Willy-Brandt-Platz I would have thought.

fat freddy
16-05-2014, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=sven nil;4013783]Right enough mate!
they have a few named relating to them Dick Place, Savile Pl Duff St, Steals pl, Robbs Loan

They also named a street after their manager that won the double in 86, McDonald Road and their former golden boot centre forward, Kirk Street. Mind you they did counter that by naming a street after our bearded striker, Vine St.

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 01:23 PM
The council have already named a street in Leith after a Hearts legend: ALBERT STREET

:not worth:faf:

emerald green
16-05-2014, 02:47 PM

:greengrin

southsider
16-05-2014, 05:28 PM
I would love street near our stadium to be named after the other guys in "the 5" and the west stand after Joe Baker and the East after Paddy Stanton. The "away" end will always be Dunbar end after the juice factory.

hibby6270
17-05-2014, 06:14 PM

You are not "Kidd"ing - are you!!?
:thumbsup: :wink: :hilarious:rotflmao: