PDA

View Full Version : Linesman v Hearts Forster goal

JimBHibees
14-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Had recorded Sportscene which just watched and the Dons Well game the same linesman who ruled out Forster's goal gave what was possibly unbelievably an even worse offside decision for Aberdeen. Pawlett must have been 3 yards onside and the flag went up. Think the guy needs to be demoted or given an eye test as the number of truly staggeringly bad decisions he has given is incredible. The same guy that monumentally cocked up with 3 or 4 blatant offside decisions in Dortmund v Malaga, The Forster one which has the potential to have put us in the position we are in, who knows? and now the Aberdeen one where Pawlett was clear in on goal at 0-0 and then lose second place to another awful decision.

It sounds like there is no accountability or performance reviews which maybe explains why the same goons make the same mistakes over and over. Joke.

Waxy
14-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Agree totally. No idea why this guy is still a linesman for SPFL games. Not fit to run the line in the pub league. End of.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Surely someone from the referee's association watch every game to report on terrible decisions like this?

Why no protest from Aberdeen on it?

Joke officials.

14-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Officials in this country are an absolute joke. I wish these clowns were made accountable for their decisions instead of making these game changing huge howlers and being able to slink off out the back door with no explanation or questions. Managers, players etc. are all able to speak to the press and get questioned over their actions so why aren't these jokers made to aswell? Maybe it would encourage them to do their jobs better if they knew they would be facing questions later.

I for one would absolutely love to hear their explanations for some of the shockers they have had against us in recent years.

JimBHibees
14-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Officials in this country are an absolute joke. I wish these clowns were made accountable for their decisions instead of making these game changing huge howlers and being able to slink off out the back door with no explanation or questions. Managers, players etc. are all able to speak to the press and get questioned over their actions so why aren't these jokers made to aswell? Maybe it would encourage them to do their jobs better if they knew they would be facing questions later.

I for one would absolutely love to hear their explanations for some of the shockers they have had against us in recent years.

I can remember when they had a Whistle blower section on the SFA site when on the Monday after a game the official was able to explain contentious decisions. It seemed completely sensible however it has now been dropped as Craig Thomson works most Monday's so wasn't able to explain every shocker he gave against Hibs. :greengrin

Seriously that was a good initiative now we are back to the unaccountable arrogant bad old days when no one is questioned or feels it beneath them to have to explain decisions which have the power to lose people jobs and also clubs massive prizes.

Bronson
14-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Scottish officials on the whole are utterly woeful, must be among the worst in europe. I seem to recall Craig Thomson, who is supposed to be our top ref (next joke), refereeing a Dortmund game in the CL last season and was absolutely slated for a disgraceful performance. Welcome to our world I guess.:rolleyes:

staunchhibby
14-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Can we not access referees match reports under the freedom of information law

brog
15-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Scottish officials on the whole are utterly woeful, must be among the worst in europe. I seem to recall Craig Thomson, who is supposed to be our top ref (next joke), refereeing a Dortmund game in the CL last season and was absolutely slated for a disgraceful performance. Welcome to our world I guess.:rolleyes:

They are atrocious & an embarrassment. The Dortmund-Malaga game you refer to was beyond belief, CT & his men, which included the clown on Saturday, totally lost control. The SFA continue to defend the indefensible because otherwise they would have to admit to their own abject performance in failing to properly apply sanctions to incompetent officials.

Famous Fiver
15-05-2014, 04:20 PM
And that is why no Scottish officials will be in charge of any meaningful games in Europe or Euro Championships or World Cup for a long, long time.

AltheHibby
16-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Staunchhibby, FOI only applies to the public sector, so we cant use it. However, I fully agree about the standards and the need for refs to explain decisions. We may not (probably wont) agree with them, but at least we will know why they made the decisions.

Bighoose
16-05-2014, 07:56 AM
The annoying thing is I think there are some decent refs out there, Callum Murray for example. But you get eejits like Craig T who are now in positions of power and dont seem to be accountable anymore and are stifling the progress of the decent up and coming ones.

Was looking at some stats on refs for season just ended and most had given a max of 5-6 penalties. Willie Collum had given 20, which was more than double anyone else. Surely someone "in power" should be reviewing his performances based on that alone?

stantonhibby
16-05-2014, 08:13 AM
The annoying thing is I think there are some decent refs out there, Callum Murray for example. But you get eejits like Craig T who are now in positions of power and dont seem to be accountable anymore and are stifling the progress of the decent up and coming ones.

Was looking at some stats on refs for season just ended and most had given a max of 5-6 penalties. Willie Collum had given 20, which was more than double anyone else. Surely someone "in power" should be reviewing his performances based on that alone?

And yet Collum couldn't see the St Mirren player juggling with the ball against us ?

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 08:52 AM

I agree he is a good ref however he does really seem to be getting ignored for some reason. When you see really poor refs like Thomson who not only his decision making but manner towards players is awful regularly getting the top games it is astonishing. When guys like Muir who had one of the poorest games I have ever seen this season at home to St Johnstone (booked Robertson for showing him the wall was 7 yards away as he refused to mark it out amongst other shockers) is getting regular games and Murray isnt then you know something is wrong.

Seems to me like a very cliquey environment and when you are in you can do no wrong but if not you get slated for everything.

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 08:53 AM
And yet Collum couldn't see the St Mirren player juggling with the ball against us ?

A massive decision in the scheme of how the season has worked out.

brog
16-05-2014, 10:58 AM
I agree he is a good ref however he does really seem to be getting ignored for some reason. When you see really poor refs like Thomson who not only his decision making but manner towards players is awful regularly getting the top games it is astonishing. When guys like Muir who had one of the poorest games I have ever seen this season at home to St Johnstone (booked Robertson for showing him the wall was 7 yards away as he refused to mark it out amongst other shockers) is getting regular games and Murray isnt then you know something is wrong.

Seems to me like a very cliquey environment and when you are in you can do no wrong but if not you get slated for everything.

I agree, Calum Murray is IMO by far the best ref in Scotland despite being a Yam whose old man was an Oldco fan! Like every ref he makes mistakes but unlike CT & his ilk he doesn't act like a prima donna who's doing us all a favour by reffing the game. I don't have stats to hand but I would bet good money CT has reffed at least twice as many of our games this season as CM.

Mathias Jack
16-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Regarding Forster's goal, I know it doesn't make it right but at least he was man enough to apologise...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/officials-apologise-to-butcher-for-offside-blunder-1-3366136

Baader
16-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Get the Maltesers back over!

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Regarding Forster's goal, I know it doesn't make it right but at least he was man enough to apologise...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/officials-apologise-to-butcher-for-offside-blunder-1-3366136

Wonder if he also apologised for the Aberdeen offside decision on Sunday which was even more offside than the Forster one unbelieveable as that may be.

JimBHibees
16-05-2014, 11:46 AM
I agree, Calum Murray is IMO by far the best ref in Scotland despite being a Yam whose old man was an Oldco fan! Like every ref he makes mistakes but unlike CT & his ilk he doesn't act like a prima donna who's doing us all a favour by reffing the game. I don't have stats to hand but I would bet good money CT has reffed at least twice as many of our games this season as CM.

Murray has reffed one Hibs game, Thomson has reffed 6 league games this season.

KeithTheHibby
16-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Best thing that happened was when these useless cants went on strike and we got foreign refs for the weekend.

VivaHiberņa
16-05-2014, 12:31 PM

How many of those were in Celtc's favour? I have a pretty strong suspicion of what team he supports.