PDA

View Full Version : Timothy..

stokesmessiah
13-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Sherwood given his jotters...not surprised, roaster of a guy and clearly only ever given the job til the end of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27389072

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Came across as a right smug twat. Thought he was better than he really was. Started off well but soon went downhill. Sounds familiar. Not surprised they ditched him.

Maybe an opening for Locke and Broon.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Delighted with this news, not because I particularly care about Tottenham but I really cannot stand Tim Sherwood.

Real arrogant twat of a guy, who had such a high opinion of himself for some reason.

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Highest win rate percentage of any Spurs manager in EPL history

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Exactly why he had a high opinion of himself and rightly so, I don't get the hatred of him at all, the guy done a great job at Spurs.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Exactly why he had a high opinion of himself and rightly so, I don't get the hatred of him at all, the guy done a great job at Spurs.

He did, I just didn't like the way he conducted himself in interviews.

(((Fergus)))
13-05-2014, 08:58 PM
He obviously cared but didn't know how to be politician which is what is required of managers now. Brutally honest - and accurate - about the chances of his squad while others prefer to put a gloss on things and deceive the fans/owner.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I must be in the minority then cause I like him and think he's been harshly treated. The chairman seems like the twat in all this. Bigger turnaround than Hibs at that club

Iceman1875
13-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Huge arsenal fan apparently. The guys an idiot but his record is good.

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Because he does not do your bland say nothing types of interviews he's a roaster? :confused: Done a good job at spurs, better than anyone recently, and he did it with someone elses players too, i thought that was impossible?

stokesmessiah
13-05-2014, 09:26 PM
It was an opinion Blackpool, sure I am allowed to form one as are you. As good as Sherwood done he had a terrible attitude and not enough of a name to attract the names.

Bronson
13-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I actually quite like him, thought his stunt with the fan at the weekend was good banter as well. West Brom in for him to replace Pepe Mel apparently.

chrisski33
13-05-2014, 10:14 PM
So have any of the guys who say they hate and xant stand this tim sherwood ever met him?

Pretty Boy
13-05-2014, 10:14 PM
I just really didn't like his haircut, accent or body warmer.

Seems an ok manager though and sure he'll get another job.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2014, 10:17 PM
So have any of the guys who say they hate and xant stand this tim sherwood ever met him?

Most people who say they don't like someone who's in the public image can only go on what they see in the media as they don't know that person personally.

Tim Sherwood might be an absolute diamond of a man, I just didn't take to him whenever I first heard him being interviewed and none of the subsequent ones have made me change my mind.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Let a Tottenham fan sit in his seat in the dugout on the weekend because he kept on shouting instructions etc to Sherwood.

Maybe Malpas will do similar?

Hibernia&Alba
13-05-2014, 11:50 PM
He's a proper James Hunt. No sympathy for him.

HibbyAndy
14-05-2014, 03:46 PM

Also the highest loss rate of any Spurs manager.

sidjames
14-05-2014, 04:00 PM
He's a proper James Hunt. No sympathy for him.

James Hunt was a xxxxx magnet. Hard drinking, heavy smoker, brilliant racing driver. Was he the original james hunt? He certainly set the bar high (when he wasn't leaning on it anyway)

jeffers
14-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Let a Tottenham fan sit in his seat in the dugout on the weekend because he kept on shouting instructions etc to Sherwood.

Maybe Malpas will do similar?

Well if he does I can guarantee KT will be getting a game !

Iggy Pope
14-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Yes.
And led his side to another inevitable below-Gunners slot in the table. Same as the others in that respect.
Nowt special. Even with that squad assembled at a cost of 90squillion. Or Gareth Bale.

Iggy Pope
14-05-2014, 05:00 PM
James Hunt was a xxxxx magnet. Hard drinking, heavy smoker, brilliant racing driver. Was he the original james hunt? He certainly set the bar high (when he wasn't leaning on it anyway)

Surely rhyming slang isn't lost on Sid Jsmes? Especially given the reference. Arf!

sidjames
14-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Surely rhyming slang isn't lost on Sid Jsmes? Especially given the reference. Arf!

Nah. I just liked old James. Slyming rang aint lost on me. Although I can be a bit of a thruppeny at times!

Cropley10
14-05-2014, 08:51 PM

Of course not.

Cropley10
14-05-2014, 08:52 PM

So he managed to win and lose more games than any other manager? Wow.

heretoday
14-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Generally considered not Spurs class as a manager. The media love him of course for his big gob but he was a tactical disaster.

He's a championship manager at best.

ekhibee
14-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I always thought he was really overrated as a player at Blackburn, but don't have anything against him personally. I used to like Spurs as a team to watch, but they now opitomize all that's wrong with English football these days. Theyve spent somewhere in the region of £100 million on players this season and still can't finish in the top 4, even allowing for the sale of Bale. Sunderland are another crowd who've spent millions over the years and every season seem to be near the bottom end of the table. But never mind, they still get their approx £60 million if they happened to get relegated anyway.

crewetollhibee
14-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Have to stop reading comments on The Rangers on The Daily Record's online section. Assumed the thread was about a deluded Cellick supporting bhoy.....

Iggy Pope
15-05-2014, 01:44 PM
So he managed to win and lose more games than any other manager? Wow.

More or less draws than any other? Tight margins and all that.

Keith_M
15-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Have to stop reading comments on The Rangers on The Daily Record's online section. Assumed the thread was about a deluded Cellick supporting bhoy.....

Me too

:greengrin

J-C
15-05-2014, 03:07 PM

So how can you have the highest win rate and highest loss rate at the same time, surely by the law of percentages it has to be one or the other. :confused:

Peevemor
15-05-2014, 03:11 PM
So how can you have the highest win rate and highest loss rate at the same time, surely by the law of percentages it has to be one or the other. :confused:

50/50 might do it :dunno:

dmc1875
15-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I quite liked his interviews. He was always brutally honest, which as fans we all want our managers to be rather than spout the same cr@p week in, week out.

He has been treated unfairly as with a group of players he didn't assemble, he has managed to do a pretty decent job and everything he has said in interviews about the players etc is true.

Daniel Levy is the real roaster. The boy makes Rod Petrie look like Jesus.

J-C
15-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Never thought about that :greengrin brain no working at the mo.

Iggy Pope
15-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Do Spurs never fail to win without getting beat?

MrRobot
15-05-2014, 04:20 PM

He had a 59% win rate

I actually thought he seemed alright. Gave honest interviews and a good bit of banter with the fan on the last day of the season.

Treated extremely poorly by Spurs. The talk that he should have done better with a team that signed players to the value of around £90m is ridiculous. Soldado has been a dud as has Lamela. The only one that has looked good is Eriksen.

HH81
18-05-2014, 11:18 AM
He said today he would take any job..... Hibs anyone?

Keith_M
18-05-2014, 11:31 AM
He had a 59% win rate

Wow, I couldn't even begin to imagine that at Hibs!

To finish the season with 21 wins and 69 points (after 38 games). If only....