PDA

View Full Version : Away Play Off Leg - Public Transport

Glory Lurker
13-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I've not been to either of the grounds. Are they do-able by public transport?

LancashireHibby
13-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Hamilton is right next door to Hamilton West station, never been to Falkirk though. I'll be staying in Glasgow that night and the last train seems to be about 11.15pm from both towns so should be fine.

Glory Lurker
13-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks, LH. That's Hamilton sorted.

For life of me can't work out the bus timetables/routes from Falkirk to the stadium. Any tips anyone might have would be appreciated, ta :aok:

hail1875hail
13-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I live in falkirk and the train station is a good 30 min walk at least from the ground. Bus station would probably be roughly the same.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Falkirk's ground is a bit away from the town centre.

If you're getting the train, you want to get into Grahamston and then get a taxi. It's a couple of miles away so would only be a few minutes in a taxi.

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks, LH. That's Hamilton sorted.

For life of me can't work out the bus timetables/routes from Falkirk to the stadium. Any tips anyone might have would be appreciated, ta :aok:

you would be as well just getting a taxi from either station, only 5+ mins i would reckon

hail1875hail
13-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Would agree with what's said above mate 👍

Zondervan
13-05-2014, 08:41 PM
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/falkirk.html#By%20Train/Tube

Falkirk Grahamston Station is about a mile away from the stadium. It is a fairly straight 20 minute walk down the A904 Grangemouth Road. As you come out of the station turn left and follow the ring road round (A803) to the right. Turn left into Weir Street and at the bottom of the street turn left onto Kerse Lane. This is the A904 which leads into Ladysmill and then becomes Grangemouth Road. Go straight down this road and you will eventually reach the stadium over on your right.

Otherwise any buses that are Grangemouth bound going from Falkirk should also pass the stadium.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/hamilton_academical.html#By%20Train/Tube

The ground is only a few minutes walk from Hamilton West station, which is served by trains from Glasgow Central. Andy Alston informs me; 'From Hamilton West station there is a path leading off to the left which leads directly to the ground, which is only a few minutes walk away'. Please note that Hamilton Central station is located quite far away from the stadium.

Glory Lurker
13-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the Falkirk tips. Could be a bit of a press for a taxi, so I would recommend that anyone else that's thinking of going by train if we get the Bairns gets on a supporters bus instead! :greengrin

ekhibee
13-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't know if this is any help but I live near Hamilton in East Kilbride. If you get a train to GC the train stops everywhere in the UK. It might be better getting a train to Queen Street then walk over to Central and get the train to Hamilton.

Glory Lurker
13-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks, ekh. Yeah, if it's Hamilton it'll have to be Queens Street - not got time for the "scenic" route!

Hermit Crab
13-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Hamilton is right next door to Hamilton West station, never been to Falkirk though. I'll be staying in Glasgow that night and the last train seems to be about 11.15pm from both towns so should be fine.

Last train from Falkirk high is 23:52 ish and last train from Falkirk grahamston is 23:24

hamilton is a bit more tricky as it involves changes at either Motherwell, bellshill or Glasgow. Best avoid the train should it be Hamilton.

Shields Hibee
13-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I've been to Hamilton & it's quite easy by train. Ground is a few mins walk from Hamilton West along that path mentioned earlier but getting back could be tricky as it's either Well, Weegie or Belshill to change.

Last time we went to Falkirk we got a taxi from Grahamston as it was easier than looking for a bus or walking.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Just curious. Where are you travelling from ?

Jones28
13-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Took me and 4 mates about 15 minutes to walk to the stadium from grahamstone station.

Less sure about Hamilton as we drove in and parked fairly close to the ground!

PeeJay
14-05-2014, 07:22 AM

Google maps has introduced a new service today in the UK where you can get bus and rail times for entered destinations ... details on buses, departure times - might be of some help?

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I've been to Hamilton & it's quite easy by train. Ground is a few mins walk from Hamilton West along that path mentioned earlier but getting back could be tricky as it's either Well, Weegie or Belshill to change.

Last time we went to Falkirk we got a taxi from Grahamston as it was easier than looking for a bus or walking.

My mrs lives near Hamilton I often change at bellshill coming home haven't had to wait any longer than 5mins for the change over but the train seems to stop everywhere!

Keith_M
14-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Here's something from the Direct Rail website.

"From Falkirk Grahamston railway station take a short walk to Weir Street where you can catch the number 5 bus to the football ground."