PDA

View Full Version : Could timescale for issuing tickets for 1st leg of play-off next week mean PATG?

Carheenlea
13-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Given that Hamilton and Falkirk play their second leg of play-off semi on Sunday at 3pm, and our final play-off game is away to either on the Wednesday, I can`t see how tickets can be sorted out and distributed in time.
Could mean it will have to be pay-at-the-gate?

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Given that Hamilton and Falkirk play their second leg of play-off semi on Sunday at 3pm, and our final play-off game is away to either on the Wednesday, I can`t see how tickets can be sorted out and distributed in time.

Would imagine tickets would be printed and couriered to Hibs by lunch time on Monday.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Not a chance.

semaj64
13-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I assume they could activate Season tickets for this game when buying own seat. Also home printing so a few options to get tickets

LancashireHibby
13-05-2014, 07:16 PM
The tickets will be printed already and, if not with Hibs already, will be collected a Hibs representative after the game on the Sunday. If the above isn't the case then everyone is far less organised than I thought they would be having dealt with such situations a good few times in my working life.

Would think tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders on Monday morning, general sale on the Tuesday. Just hoping I get hold of one (and the postie arrives before I leave on the Wednesday).

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 07:21 PM

No way will it be PATG. Demand will definitely outstrip supply. As we won't be able to print our own tickets or have them mailed to us due to the lack of time it looks like its a case of going to Easter Road for collection.

At a guess I reckon we wouldn't get more than 2,000 tickets regardless of who the opposition is.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I assume they could activate Season tickets for this game when buying own seat. Also home printing so a few options to get tickets

Think we are talking about the away leg. :wink:

semaj64
13-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Think we are talking about the away leg. :wink:

I Should learn to read post first! :rolleyes:

Sean1875
13-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Would be absolute bedlam if it was PATG. There'll be some sort of system arranged for it... I hope :rolleyes:

Shields Hibee
13-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Be surprised if PATG, most likely collect from ER. I wonder if the 2 clubs have generic tickets on stand by to send out once semi is decided.

Peevemor
13-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Be surprised if PATG, most likely collect from ER. I wonder if the 2 clubs have generic tickets on stand by to send out once semi is decided.

I doubt it. I'm sure seat numbers have to be allocated, although they could maybe sell vouchers which could be exchanged for real tickets on entry.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 11:19 PM
I doubt it. I'm sure seat numbers have to be allocated, although they could maybe sell vouchers which could be exchanged for real tickets on entry.

That sounds like a nightmare as the voucher would have to have the seat number on it otherwise how would anyone planning on sitting next to each other be guaranteed that they would.

It will be a scramble online followed by another scramble to Easter Road to pick up the ticket. Unless Rod delivers them all to our homes. Obviously at a time to suit us.

Sean1875
13-05-2014, 11:43 PM
That sounds like a nightmare as the voucher would have to have the seat number on it otherwise how would anyone planning on sitting next to each other be guaranteed that they would.

It will be a scramble online followed by another scramble to Easter Road to pick up the ticket. Unless Rod delivers them all to our homes. Obviously at a time to suit us.

Could take him a while.. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Could take him a while.. :greengrin

Aye well he's not doing much else at the moment. :greengrin

Peevemor
14-05-2014, 12:19 AM

It would basically work in the same way as pay at the fate (where you should be given a ticket with a seat number in any case), with the advantage being that people would only travel with a voucher, thus avoiding fans going in the wrong end.

Onion
14-05-2014, 05:24 AM
The tickets will be printed already and, if not with Hibs already, will be collected a Hibs representative after the game on the Sunday. If the above isn't the case then everyone is far less organised than I thought they would be having dealt with such situations a good few times in my working life.

Would think tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders on Monday morning, general sale on the Tuesday. Just hoping I get hold of one (and the postie arrives before I leave on the Wednesday).

See no reason why they could not be on sale NOW ? Ok, we don't know the opponents or venue, but everything else is set. Most Hibs fans would buy.

Lucius Apuleius
14-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Reckon I could get a seat in the Falkirk end easily enough but Accies may be a problem. :-)

IFONLY
14-05-2014, 07:21 AM
See no reason why they could not be on sale NOW ? Ok, we don't know the opponents or venue, but everything else is set. Most Hibs fans would buy.

Different quotas, we will get more tickets if Hamilton get through.

Geo_1875
14-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Surely the SPFL could have 2 sets of tickets printed and ready for distribution. After all it's their fault that there are play-offs in the first place.

Taz_hibee
14-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Different quotas, we will get more tickets if Hamilton get through.

I had a look at ground capacity and Accies is 6000 with Falkirk 9000, might have read it wrong

leggeto
14-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I'd be very surprised if season ticket holders are not valid tbh,oops I meant the home leg

Nutmegged
14-05-2014, 08:35 AM
I had a look at ground capacity and Accies is 6000 with Falkirk 9000, might have read it wrong
Hamilton only have about 1500 fans at the very peak though, Falkirk could get about 4500-5000 fans

Taz_hibee
14-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I would be surprised if Hamilton gave away support 4500 of the 6000 tickets

Gettin' Auld
14-05-2014, 08:45 AM
It would basically work in the same way as pay at the fate.

A freudian slip? :greengrin

green&left
14-05-2014, 09:12 AM
If we get the 'old firm' allocation for NDP then its around 3000 I believe consisting of behind the goals, the temp stand and last 2 blocks of the main stand.

If its Falkirk and we get behind the old firm allocation then its our usual away end (2000 fans) and again two-three blocks of the main stand. The newest end at Falkirk is their 'main end' so no chance they'll give us that and since the completition of the 3rd stand I think they've removed the gazebo.

Falkirk will have no problem shifting 6500 I'd imagine and would like to think Hamilton could shift 4000 no bother so reckon we'll get behind the goal at either ground and thats our lot.

Let the scramble commence.

Now do Hibs be a bunch of horrible james blunts and give the away team the bare minimum allocation bumpimg them in the top tier of the south, leaving the bottom empty and taking a hit on the pocket - or give them the full end? Bare minimum amount of tickets in the gods for me for this one off.

Craig_in_Prague
14-05-2014, 09:43 AM
If we get the 'old firm' allocation for NDP then its around 3000 I believe consisting of behind the goals, the temp stand and last 2 blocks of the main stand.

If its Falkirk and we get behind the old firm allocation then its our usual away end (2000 fans) and again two-three blocks of the main stand. The newest end at Falkirk is their 'main end' so no chance they'll give us that and since the completition of the 3rd stand I think they've removed the gazebo.

Falkirk will have no problem shifting 6500 I'd imagine and would like to think Hamilton could shift 4000 no bother so reckon we'll get behind the goal at either ground and thats our lot.

Now do Hibs be a bunch of horrible james blunts and give the away team the bare minimum allocation bumpimg them in the top tier of the south, leaving the bottom empty and taking a hit on the pocket - or give them the full end? Bare minimum amount of tickets in the gods for me for this one off.

If you don't know how Hibs work by now.... Its about money, not making it less nice for away teams and fans.
though we did buy green paint for the away dressing-room to frighten them, so you never know.

IanM
14-05-2014, 09:50 AM
at 9am on Monday morning the tickets will go on sale via Ticketmaster (or whoever it is does it online for us) and it'll be print at home?

LancashireHibby
14-05-2014, 09:59 AM
at 9am on Monday morning the tickets will go on sale via Ticketmaster (or whoever it is does it online for us) and it'll be print at home?
Won't happen because of different turnstile systems at each club (if indeed either Hamilton/Falkirk have the facility for barcoded entry anyway).

Nutmegged
14-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I would be surprised if Hamilton gave away support 4500 of the 6000 tickets

I could be wrong but I'm sure Dundee took 3k+ down to Hamilton near the end of the Season so I think that might be an inside into their logic regarding away tickets

ekhibee
14-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Won't happen because of different turnstile systems at each club (if indeed either Hamilton/Falkirk have the facility for barcoded entry anyway).
Hope it's not Ticketmaster! I've got relatives who've been trying to get tickets for the Commonwealth Games, the online system's crashed and no chance of it going back up soon apparently.

LancashireHibby
14-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Hope it's not Ticketmaster! I've got relatives who've been trying to get tickets for the Commonwealth Games, the online system's crashed and no chance of it going back up soon apparently.
The Ticketmaster system I use is fine :wink:

davhibby
14-05-2014, 12:34 PM

No chance in a million years would Hamilton sell 4000 tickets. They'd maybe sell just over 1500 at a push.

IFONLY
14-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I could be wrong but I'm sure Dundee took 3k+ down to Hamilton near the end of the Season so I think that might be an inside into their logic regarding away tickets

Heard it directly from E.R. If it is Falkirk we get 2000 tickets, if its Hamilton we get 2,700

dangermouse
14-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Heard it directly from E.R. If it is Falkirk we get 2000 tickets, if its Hamilton we get 2,700

'mon the Accies!