PDA

View Full Version : Am I mad?

chewit
13-05-2014, 12:23 PM
I gave up my book sometime around 2010, I was fed up with being constantly disappointed, feeling deflated on the way home from E.R. Spending money i didnt have and time id never get back, following hibs and scotland took a little part of my soul away that i would never get back. i gave up on football and walked away. But sometime around the middle of last season something strange started to happen, I started to care again, keeping an eye out for scores, that sinking feeling returned- watching the scores come in was always hard. Now I feel we have reached our lowest point, we are down, but we most certainly are not out... Yet! So I am back, I've paid up and whatever happens in the play-offs I'll be in the east stand next season, GGTTH!!

Time For Heroes
13-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Yes!
; 0)

GreenLake
13-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Good story.:thumbsup:

erin go bragh
13-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome back C . Good times just round the corner :)

Ggtth

iwasthere1972
13-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I gave up my book sometime around 2010, I was fed up with being constantly disappointed, feeling deflated on the way home from E.R. Spending money i didnt have and time id never get back, following hibs and scotland took a little part of my soul away that i would never get back. i gave up on football and walked away. But sometime around the middle of last season something strange started to happen, I started to care again, keeping an eye out for scores, that sinking feeling returned- watching the scores come in was always hard. Now I feel we have reached our lowest point, we are down, but we most certainly are not out... Yet! So I am back, I've paid up and whatever happens in the play-offs I'll be in the east stand next season, GGTTH!!

Definitely mad but join the club. Already renewed not knowing what league we would be in.

Praying that we win the play offs but if it goes pear shaped then that's life.

GGTTH.

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I think we all agree on this....

Yes, you're crazy

:wink:

p.s. Does anyone think Hibs will reduce ST prices for next season, if (because) we're in a lower division? I'm planning on buying the usual gift STs for relatives and I don't think I should be charged full price for them to watch 1st Division games.

13-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Good on ya, welcome back aboard the hibee rollercoaster!

Club needs all the support it can get to get out of the mess we are in atm so great to hear :thumbsup:

Islington Hibs
13-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Mad indeed, but better to be mad than bad.

One day soon........

Billy Whizz
13-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Does anyone think Hibs will reduce ST prices for next season, if (because) we're in a lower division? I'm planning on buying the usual gift STs for relatives and I don't think I should be charged full price for them to watch 1st Division games.

Depends on what the walk up prices for the championship are

MyJo
13-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I think we all agree on this....

Yes, you're crazy

:wink:

p.s. Does anyone think Hibs will reduce ST prices for next season, if (because) we're in a lower division? I'm planning on buying the usual gift STs for relatives and I don't think I should be charged full price for them to watch 1st Division games.

In the Championship we would have 4 category A games at easter road whereas the premiership we would only have 1, maybe 2 games at ER against Celtic.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2014, 06:49 PM

No, you were just lost but now you have found your way.

Weststandwanab
13-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I gave up my book sometime around 2010, I was fed up with being constantly disappointed, feeling deflated on the way home from E.R. Spending money i didnt have and time id never get back, following hibs and scotland took a little part of my soul away that i would never get back. i gave up on football and walked away. But sometime around the middle of last season something strange started to happen, I started to care again, keeping an eye out for scores, that sinking feeling returned- watching the scores come in was always hard. Now I feel we have reached our lowest point, we are down, but we most certainly are not out... Yet! So I am back, I've paid up and whatever happens in the play-offs I'll be in the east stand next season, GGTTH!! Good on you GGTTH

Definitely mad but join the club. Already renewed not knowing what league we would be in.

GGTTH. Me 2

No, you were just lost but now you have found your way. indeed

edinburghhibee
13-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Brave man, welcome home and enjoy the ride if that's possible!

The Harp
13-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Aaah, the prodigal son (or daughter) returns. Welcome home, now where's that fatted calf?!?.
Did you really need to ask the question though? ... of course you're mad.:aok:

(((Fergus)))
13-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Depends whether you found something more valuable to do in that time. Following football is a pretty pointless thing to do and as you say a waste of money and time we never get back. It's like a soap opera though: hard to kick the habit of wanting to know what happens next and there is never any conclusion - unless the show gets axed like Eldorado or Third Lanark. Even that is coming back from the dead.

HappyHibby93
13-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Good on yah fella

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Seven up
13-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Wow!..........As a motivational tool that's right up there....they should get you in the dressing room instead of Big Tels waffle. There are thousands who have felt like you and hopefully, also like you, they'll come back to the Hibs family one day. Brilliant post....Cheers

Loopz
13-05-2014, 09:42 PM
No, you were just lost but now you have found your way.

Sorry, i just had to.

I was blind, now I can see
You made a believer out of me
I was blind, now I can see
You made a believer out of me

I'm movin' on up now
Getting out of the darkness
My light shines on
My light shines on
My light shines on

I was lost
Now I'm found
I believe in you
I got no bounds
I was lost
Now I'm found
I believe in you
I got no bounds

I'm movin' on up now
Getting out of the darkness
My light shines on
My light shines on
My light shines on

I'm gettin out of the darkness
My light shines on
I'm gettin out of the darkness my light shines on
If you got it you can have it
You cana have it
If you got it
If you got it
You can have it
Gonna move it on up

3 season tickets already purchased for myself & 2 sons, we are all mad.

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Can take the fan out of the club but you can never take the club out of the fan.

Desperate times call for unity, we all feel it, just because someone has a difference of opinion with someone else doesn't mean theyre lesser or better Hibees... only people that can know how we feel are us, lets stick together, if not to support the team then at least to support each other.

Shields Hibee
13-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Welcome back on the Hibs rollercoaster! I've renewed for next season not knowing whether its premier or championship football on offer. The social aspect of going to matches is still there.

People ask me why I spend nearly 5 hours round trip to watch a side that constantly frustrates, I tell them I'm a Hibee & do it as I'm afraid I might miss a cracking game if I don't go to ER.

IberianHibernian
13-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I actually find that I feel more for club in bad times than in good ones ( relatively good ones I suppose ) but admit it`s easy to say that from a distance . IF we`re relegated I`ll probably be buying merchandise I don`t want but if we stay up I`ll probably keep my money for a bit longer .

Casper
13-05-2014, 11:16 PM

GGTTH.

Ditto! I'll be there regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
13-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Depends whether you found something more valuable to do in that time. Following football is a pretty pointless thing to do and as you say a waste of money and time we never get back. It's like a soap opera though: hard to kick the habit of wanting to know what happens next and there is never any conclusion - unless the show gets axed like Eldorado or Third Lanark. Even that is coming back from the dead.
Up the Hi-Hi's!