PDA

View Full Version : John Blackley's view, prepare for the 1st division.

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 11:00 AM
John Blackley, in the Scotsman today (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/blackley-very-difficult-to-see-hibs-beat-the-drop-1-3408642), pretty much summed up the view of many(most?) of us.

'As much as it pained him to say it, Blackley says he has prepared himself for Hibs to be relegated. “They’ve no goals and they keep giving away goals at the back,” he said. “It’s a recipe for disaster. Where are they going to get their next win? They’ve got to try and get it over the next two games. I think it is going to be very difficult for them to stay up,”'

Steve20
13-05-2014, 11:10 AM
He's right. Can't score, can't defend. No chance.

Other than just hoping it will somehow work out, I don't get where some people get this idea that we'll win.

Onceinawhile
13-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Completely agreed. Resigned to the championship next year.

roryg
13-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Sloop John B is only saying what everybody has known for the last 30 years. Hibs are on a steady decline. How many times have we beat Hearts in those years. We've had more managers!!!!

Kato
13-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Sloop John B is only saying what everybody has known for the last 30 years. Hibs are on a steady decline. How many times have we beat Hearts in those years. We've had more managers!!!!

Mm.

There's been ups and downs in the last 30 years, not a steady decline which has only really kicked in the last five or six season.

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Admins:

I've already changed '1st Division' in the thread title to 'Championship' but it appears to still have the original title. Any chance of some assistance to change it?

Cheers

:thumbsup:

roryg
13-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Apart from Sauze and co. When did we beat the neighbours on a regular basis. My son is 44 and hasn't seen too many Derby victories. My grandson is nearly 4 , looks like the trend is continuing for him. We are getting sick of it.

Kato
13-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Apart from Sauze and co. When did we beat the neighbours on a regular basis. My son is 44 and hasn't seen too many Derby victories. My grandson is nearly 4 , looks like the trend is continuing for him. We are getting sick of it.

If you measure everything Hibs do by the games against Hearts then I feel sorry for you.

roryg
13-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Beating Hearts defo isn't the b all and end all. It sometimes makes u feel a bit better when ur watching a bad , bad , Hibs team nearly every season.

Onceinawhile
13-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Goals scored in the last 10 games

Hamilton Accies 27
Falkirk 23
Hibs 3

We are struggling worse than Billy brown

Spike Mandela
13-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Hamilton Accies 27
Falkirk 23
Hibs 3

**** me, that's depressing.:violin:

IanM
13-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Hamilton Accies 27
Falkirk 23
Hibs 3

haha that is very worrying!! having looked though over the last 5 games it's very apparent we're creating chances but only a third of what we create goes on target.. I'm sure if we can up this over the next two games we should be looking at some goals? or am I just trying to convince myself..

attempts/on target/goals

13/4/0
18/5/0
11/4/1
12/6/1
14/4/0

silverhibee
13-05-2014, 11:55 AM
**** me, that's depressing.:violin:

It' f***ing embarrassing so it is.

Jim44
13-05-2014, 11:55 AM
When you look at these goal statistics and you hear Hibs legends saying we'll probably get relegated, it's hard to see a major upset happening. Hamilton and Falkirk know they just have to play half decently against us and they will sail through.

Geo_1875
13-05-2014, 11:56 AM

Well I'm older and can remember when they couldn't buy a win against Hibs.

They have only dominated the derby fixture since the introduction of 4 games a season and spending other peoples money.

flash
13-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Other than just hoping it will somehow work out, I don't get where some people get this idea that we'll win.

Unlike you we do hope it works out.

erin go bragh
13-05-2014, 12:03 PM

We were unbeaten against them last season .
Also pretty sure we have the best record in new year derbys .

Ggtth

Golden Bear
13-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Hamilton Accies 27
Falkirk 23
Hibs 3

Mind boggling.

TB's philosophy seems to be "if it don't work then carry on doing it"

Purple & Green
13-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Sloop had a nightmare start to the 1985 seasons losing the first six league games, but managed to pull it around. The previous season, he ended an eleven match winless run by winning at Ibrox.

He should maybe give Terry a few pointers on how to get out the current situation.

Purple & Green
13-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Well I'm older and can remember when they couldn't buy a win against Hibs.

They have only dominated the derby fixture since the introduction of 4 games a season and spending other peoples money.

My recollection from looking at this is that from around 1922 to around 1982 i.e. 60 years, Hibs had a slight edge.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_head2head.php?opposition=5&from=84&to=30&update=Update

Geo_1875
13-05-2014, 12:20 PM
My recollection from looking at this is that from around 1922 to around 1982 i.e. 60 years, Hibs had a slight edge.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_head2head.php?opposition=5&from=84&to=30&update=Update

And from mid-60s they beat us twice in 9 years.

gillythehibby
13-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Take the article and stick on the dressing room wall next week. Maybe that will help. I believe we will win over the two games. No doubting we will enjoy the vast majority of possession and no way those teams defences as good as Premiership teams. Hibs will win !

Lago
13-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Sloop John in general is only saying what everybody has known for the last 30 years. Hibs are on a steady decline. How many times have we beat Hearts in those years. We've had more managers!!!!

Unfortunately Scottish football in general has been on a steady decline, not just Hibs.

--------
13-05-2014, 01:18 PM
If you measure everything Hibs do by the games against Hearts then I feel sorry for you.

Isn't that what football fans do - want their team to win the derbies against their local rivals? Nothing outrageous about that - I'm sick of seeing the team fail against the Jambos over and over and over.

Unfortunately Scottish football in general has been on a steady decline, not just Hibs.

But Hibs have been declining faster than any other club!

At least we can boast about being the best decliners in the SPFL. :devil:

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 01:23 PM
And from mid-60s they beat us twice in 9 years.

I recently posted that, in the first 18 years of my life, Hearts beat us a grand total of four times.

Granted, we were in different leagues for five seasons in that time (therefore didn't play each other) but four of those seasons they were in a lower league than us and they were total mince.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Thankfully he's not involved now. I don't want anyone near the club who has thrown in the towel already.
Wish he had kept his opinions to himself. Still, everyone has to earn a quid I suppose.

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Thankfully he's not involved now. I don't want anyone near the club who has thrown in the towel already.
Wish he had kept his opinions to himself. Still, everyone has to earn a quid I suppose.

Well that's the first team and manager out, I suppose.

Surely the guy is only saying what most of us are thinking? I can't see how you can fault his logic; we can't score goals and we can't defend, so where is the next win coming from? Hamilton and Falkirk have scored a barrowload of goals in the last few weeks. I realise that's in the Championship, but at least they know where the net is.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Well that's the first team and manager out, I suppose.

Surely the guy is only saying what most of us are thinking? I can't see how you can fault his logic; we can't score goals and we can't defend, so where is the next win coming from? Hamilton and Falkirk have scored a barrowload of goals in the last few weeks. I realise that's in the Championship, but at least they know where the net is.

So should we just give up? Let the league know we are happy to go down?

Sudds_1
13-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Hamilton Accies 27
Falkirk 23
Hibs 3

....and no been to as many places! :cb:rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
13-05-2014, 01:53 PM

I think you will find Mr Blackley's comments reflect the views of the current management team except they can't say anything publicly.

Good to hear Watmore say in paper today that the squad expect negative press for the next week and a half but it will make them more determined. Wise head on young shoulders.

Pete
13-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Reverse psychology, I like it.

We'll batter them like we always do but this time we will get the breakthrough from a set piece. It has to happen eventually and will against weaker defenders.

I'm wondering if a lot of people who despair that we will never score have actually seen us play recently. We have looked like scoring but it's not been from obvious sources.

(((Fergus)))
13-05-2014, 02:16 PM

No, there's still a few quid to be squeezed out of this season.

Salisbury Hibby
13-05-2014, 02:18 PM
We just need one to go in and then the floodgates will open. I strongly feel that Hibs are due to hand out a hammering. Of course I'm worried but I think we'll do it.

jacomo
13-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Looks to me like the team gave up around mid January.

silverhibee
13-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Who has gave up, a ex player/manager gives his opinion, don't see the problem with that and everyone connected to football in Scotland knows how pish we are, it's no secret, and have a guess what, it ain't John Blackley's fault we are in this mess, that lies squarely at the feet of the losers wearing the jersey this season.

TornadoHibby
13-05-2014, 02:52 PM
We were unbeaten against them last season .
Also pretty sure we have the best record in new year derbys .

Ggtth

Did we not play them 5 times last season and they never won 1? :greengrin :wink:

SPL 12–08–2012

Hibs 1 – Hearts 1, Crowd 12,887

SPL 03–01–2013

Hearts 0 – Hibs 0, Crowd 17,062

SPL 09–03–2013

Hibs 0 – Hearts 0, Crowd 15,007

SPL 12–05–2013

Hearts 1 – Hibs 2, Crowd 15,994

Scottish Cup 02–12–2012

Hibs 1 Hearts 0, Crowd 17,052

I know, shouldn't really crack jokes when we are heading through the SPFL trapdoor but couldn't help that one! :greengrin :wink:

persevere1875
13-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Mind boggling.

TB's philosophy seems to be "if it don't work then carry on doing it"

GB no offence but what other options does the man have ? if you look at the stats in terms of the amount of ball we have or attempts on/off target we dont look so bad or at least not as bad as current league standings would have us, however if the men he puts on the park cant score a goal and he has no other viable options currently at the club then he's between a rock and a hard place. Im as cheesed of as the next man but once they cross the white line its up to the players wearing the green shirt to finish of the chances created, I said it on another thread calling for Butchers head now, our one season defining factor is 38 games 31 scored its simply not good enough and you cant solely blame TB for the absence of even a half decent striker at Hibs, we had Griffiths we let him slip away and the powers that be replaced him with a player who couldn't buy a goal backed up by kids who are in over their heads, that's the fault of the men in charge of the purse strings not Butchers

ekhibee
13-05-2014, 05:40 PM
GB no offence but what other options does the man have ? if you look at the stats in terms of the amount of ball we have or attempts on/off target we dont look so bad or at least not as bad as current league standings would have us, however if the men he puts on the park cant score a goal and he has no other viable options currently at the club then he's between a rock and a hard place. Im as cheesed of as the next man but once they cross the white line its up to the players wearing the green shirt to finish of the chances created, I said it on another thread calling for Butchers head now, our one season defining factor is 38 games 31 scored its simply not good enough and you cant solely blame TB for the absence of even a half decent striker at Hibs, we had Griffiths we let him slip away and the powers that be replaced him with a player who couldn't buy a goal backed up by kids who are in over their heads, that's the fault of the men in charge of the purse strings not Butchers
:top marks

Aldo
13-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah The bairns and the accies have very good records but it's against lower div teams..... And before you say it yip we are very poor ... See the Raith game etc.

I do however think we will score against whoever we play against. Not sure how many they will score tho (kiddin)

Maybe accies and the bairns can get a few men sent off each in last game and at least give us a chance.....

Tbh we are due a bit of luck and hopefully we get that next week.

Green_one
13-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah The bairns and the accies have very good records but it's against lower div teams..... And before you say it yip we are very poor ... See the Raith game etc.

I do however think we will score against whoever we play against. Not sure how many they will score tho (kiddin)

We can beat either of them. I am not an optimist but Hibs are still the favourites for me. Good if they write us off and even better if the press slaver for 2 weeks about it. Fact is it could be third place Falkirk who only one 1 game in 2 last season. Big deal.

We can shut those gloating Jambos up with 2 decent games.

Aldo
13-05-2014, 06:19 PM
We can beat either of them. I am noty an optomist but Hibs are still the favourites for me. Good if they write us off and even better if the press slaver for 2 weeks about it. Fact is it could be third place Falkirk who only one 1 game in 2 last season. Big deal. We can shut those gloating Jambos up with 2 decent games.

Tbh as long as we win I don't care. Yeah it would be good to go out and play like we have done in spells but a very ugly win over two games will do me.

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 07:27 PM

If it was a one off game I think we would struggle if we lost first goal but over two legs and depending on how physical the accies . V Falkirk games are I do think if T B can pick right team ,get tactics right ,motivate them and get substitutions right we have a chance But for me question marks have to now hang over whether T B can do this . if he can't then why would players be attracted to come and play for him as image and reputation would be significantly tarnished .
Make Thompson Captain for these two games even if both parties know he is moving on might also free up Liam Craig to get back scoring as the shot off bar against Killie shows what he has in his locker

147lothian
14-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Crash bang wallop!