PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray signs new Dumbarton contract

Winston Ingram
13-05-2014, 09:52 AM
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1349

GreenArmyyy!
13-05-2014, 09:53 AM
He's a clever man our Ian, I think going to St Mirren would have been too early for him.

chrisski33
13-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Eh but eh but errrrrrrr..... didnt someone on here say he was going to be unveiled as the st midden manager on monday?? Lol

Bill Milne
13-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Good luck to him. He clearly knows he needs more experience before launching out. I have always seen him as a potentially great Hibs manager.

Haymaker
13-05-2014, 09:58 AM
He cant coach St. Mirrem or any other top pro team yet so good idea.

Hibs7
13-05-2014, 10:13 AM
He's a clever man our Ian, I think going to St Mirren would have been too early for him.

He knows what he has to do and probably has it all planned out regarding his future.. I just hope Hibs are in there somewhere, as I think he has the makings of a very goods manager ..

c31
13-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I heard he had discussions and he thought the St Mirren chairman came across as a plonker and told him so..

hibeeleicester
13-05-2014, 10:18 AM
IM being clever or both being clever

Dumbarton and IM both know bigger clubs want him. Dumbarton tell him to sign a contract with promise if bigger club comes he can leave, Dumbarton get compo as opposed to nothing.

Everyone is a winner :agree:

S4uzee
13-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Ian Murray will win us the Scottish Cup

Sean1875
13-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Will be a manager in the SPL within 3 years, I have no doubt :agree:

Michael
13-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I would love to see him as Hibs manager at some point. I hope he does well at Dumbarton...but not too well!

Weststandwanab
13-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Smart move and good luck to him.

Onceinawhile
13-05-2014, 11:16 AM
He's fair put on the pounds a? Hopefully our new manager in the next few years.

GlesgaeHibby
13-05-2014, 12:07 PM

Great decision by Ian Murray to stay and build on the great work he's already done at Dumbarton. With Hearts and Rangers already in the league, and Hibs and Dunfermline potentially involved too, it'll give him the chance to gain experience playing against bigger teams.

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm really glad he's staying, as we've seen too many promising young managers wasted by getting into bigger jobs too early.

He can continue to learn his trade at Dumbarton and I'm sure he'll get a big move in another season or two.

easty
13-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Ian Murray will win us the Scottish Cup

I would love that.

G-Reg
13-05-2014, 01:04 PM
IM being clever or both being clever

Dumbarton and IM both know bigger clubs want him. Dumbarton tell him to sign a contract with promise if bigger club comes he can leave, Dumbarton get compo as opposed to nothing.

Everyone is a winner :agree:

Don't be surprised if this is exactly what happens.

--------
13-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Probably heard that Petrie was going to offer him a job at ER.

"Sorry, Rod, love to come, but I've just signed an extension with the Sons. Maybe another time?"

Though I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to work with Petrie .... :rolleyes:

we are hibs
13-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I was reluctant to have him as hibs manager at first but if we go down and butcher leaves I'd like to see him in charge of us in the championship. A former hibs captain. A leader. Someone who will demand 100% every game and has knowledge of the championship.

SanFranHibs
13-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Great decision by Ian Murray to stay and build on the great work he's already done at Dumbarton. With Hearts and Rangers already in the league, and Hibs and Dunfermline potentially involved too, it'll give him the chance to gain experience playing against bigger teams.

Should ahve gone to St. Mirren, won the the cup, kept them safely in the SPL whilst 'bigger' clubs struggle and then he would have been justly rewarded by being sacked. :wink:

A good move by IM I think. As posted above, Rangers, Hearts, possibly Dunfermline and definitely Falkirk, QoS AND Hamilton (:greengrin), it will be a great experience for him. He is young enough to wait for the right time and situation.

Jones28
13-05-2014, 03:05 PM
He will be next Hibs manager, very confident of that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Good luck Nid!

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Really smart move from Murray, I think he's playing the waiting game, the Championship will be an interesting League next season with The Rangers in it along with Hearts and two of ourselves, Falkirk or Hibs...I'd say he's more likely to learn more from that than taking charge of St Mirren...anyway, Gus McPherson done a good job at the Buddies and fell into obscurity, I'll be amazed if Danny Lennon gets another high profile gig either, maybe IM just felt that he'll not move on to better things if he went to Paisley

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Good luck to him. He clearly knows he needs more experience before launching out. I have always seen him as a potentially great Hibs manager.

There seems to be loads of 'potentially great' Hibs managers out there.

Then somebody ruins it all by giving them the job.

PETRIE!!!!!

KWJ
14-05-2014, 01:06 AM
I was reluctant to have him as hibs manager at first but if we go down and butcher leaves I'd like to see him in charge of us in the championship. A former hibs captain. A leader. Someone who will demand 100% every game and has knowledge of the championship.

John Hughes?

Nutmegged
14-05-2014, 08:28 AM
John Hughes?
In Yogi's only full season we finished 4th, this was in a period when Rangers and Hearts were at full strength and Deek & Stokes scored 42 goals between them