PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Year Plan

Speedway
13-05-2014, 09:10 AM
I've been thinking about the much-mocked 5 year plan and I wonder if we are missing what's right under our noses.

Rod can only have two reasons for not revealing what the five year plan is:

1. Because he's not allowed to

2. Because there isn't one.

It seems VERY convenient that Rod is out of the door so quickly during our worst season of his tenure. It seems odd that he went and got Dempster overnight. It seems to me that Lindsay and Hyland weren't supposed to leave.

I wonder if the five year plan is in this ballpark:

- Study the 30+ supporter's trusts already established in British football.
- Have STF change the legal structure of his holdings around to get ready for handover/succession.
- Appoint people to run the club post STF/RIP (the Lindsay/Hyland combo failed, now we'll try the Dempster/Craig combo)
- Have a decent side on the pitch already (that's slowed the whole thing down)
- Make significant community links with highly regarded people in charge of the football element of the club:

1. England World Cup Captain as manager
2. Scotland International and 'The Best Coach in Scotland' as assistant
3. Super Scout scouring the country
4. Ex-Legend Scouring the country
5. Highly regarded ex-player and coach in charge of youth development (May/McDonough)
6. Get a feeder club and establish care in the community (Spartans)

- Using Spartans and East Mains, develop a football factory the envy of all clubs in Scotland and further afield

- Entertain the fans whilst slowly handing shares over to supporter's trust run by trusty trustees
- Make money through decent on field product and player sales
- Secure next gen supporter-ship through high visibility in the community

Pat ourselves on the back for being a self-sustaining big club and become incrementally more attractive to better players/sponsors.

Lace the rubber pizzas with Anthrax in the East and prepare mass burial site for McCrybabies Battalion in some landfill near straiton.

Go home.

Could this be what Rod's been trying to do since Yogi?

Cropley10
13-05-2014, 09:25 AM
I've been thinking about the much-mocked 5 year plan and I wonder if we are missing what's right under our noses.

Rod can only have two reasons for not revealing what the five year plan is:

1. Because he's not allowed to

It seems VERY convenient that Rod is out of the door so quickly during our worst season of his tenure. It seems odd that he went and got Dempster overnight. It seems to me that Lindsay and Hyland weren't supposed to leave.

- Have STF change the legal structure of his holdings around to get ready for handover/succession.
- Appoint people to run the club post STF/RIP (the Lindsay/Hyland combo failed, now we'll try the Dempster/Craig combo)
- Make significant community links with highly regarded people in charge of the football element of the club:

5. Highly regarded ex-player and coach in charge of youth development (May/McDonough)

- Using Spartans and East Mains, develop a football factory the envy of all clubs in Scotland and further afield

- Entertain the fans whilst slowly handing shares over to supporter's trust run by trusty trustees

Pat ourselves on the back for being a self-sustaining big club and become incrementally more attractive to better players/sponsors.

Lace the rubber pizzas with Anthrax in the East and prepare mass burial site for McCrybabies Battalion in some landfill near straiton.

Go home.

Good post, and yes - quite possibly.

However the piece in bold hasn't been afforded the priority it deserves.

And we now find ourselves 'staring in to the abyss' etc etc.

(Though we might make more money in the Championship; two times The Rangers + two Hertz > 1 x Celtic).

Hibbyradge
13-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm not certain that he actually said that there was a 5 year plan. :dunno:

Sammy7nil
13-05-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm not certain that he actually said that there was a 5 year plan. :dunno:

I think there is an 18 day plan in place the only objective of this is to stay in the SPFL. The outcome of that plan will heavily influence the aims of the "new" 5 year plan :wink::wink::wink:

Keith_M
13-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Actually, it's a 'rolling' 5 year plan, a bit like rolling contracts. When it's coming to and end, another five years is quickly grafted on.

tamsonsbairn
13-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I know we still have two games to decide our fate so heres hoping it will never happen. correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall, that we would never be put in this situation ever again. is this statement a figment of my imagination or was this statement ever uttered. reminds me of Rod's statement in behind the goals when asked what were the plans if we were relegated he replied that, "it'll never happen".

Waxy
13-05-2014, 02:56 PM
The five year plan. The plan which starts in five years time.

Kato
13-05-2014, 03:19 PM

This. Twice I know of he's been asked about the strategy for Hibs going forward and the answer has been "to operate at the top end of the SPFL" - that isn't even a strategy, it's a target. A strategy is a plan to meet your target. Total nonsense.

With that sort middle-management double-speak gobbledy-gook being the norm from him it's no wonder we are rudderless, that and him wanting to be "invisible". An invisible football Chairman is about as much use as a cripplingly shy stripper.

greenpaper55
13-05-2014, 03:30 PM
This. Twice I know of he's been asked about the strategy for Hibs going forward and the answer has been "to operate at the top end of the SPFL" - that isn't even a strategy, it's a target. A strategy is a plan to meet your target. Total nonsense.

With that sort middle-management double-speak gobbledy-gook being the norm from him it's no wonder we are rudderless, that and him wanting to be "invisible". An invisible football Chairman is about as much use as a cripplingly shy stripper.

Now Rod as a stripper there's a thought !, cries of "get them on" would echo round the room.

Ross4356
13-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Who is this?

Speedway
13-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Who is this?

It's me, Speedway.

Beefster
14-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Go home.

I'm sure that Hibs are aiming for some/all of those but most of your points are not really a plan - they're a series of targets/ambitions.

Hibs need to be clearer about what they are doing to meet their targets. I suspect Dempster will sort that stuff out.

Ross4356
14-05-2014, 11:34 AM
It's me, Speedway.

Who is the Craig/Dempster combo?