PDA

View Full Version : Scotland U17S

Berwickhibby
12-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Just home after watching Scotland u17s beating Germany 1 0. It was nice to see two teams playing confidently with good passing and players with ability to take on a man.

Also great to chat to Gareth Evans and Bill Hendry

easty
12-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Were we expected to do well against Germany? Seems a great result.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Just home after watching Scotland u17s beating Germany 1 0. It was nice to see two teams playing confidently with good passing and players with ability to take on a man.

Did the young Rangers keeper start the game? He was badly at fault for both goals v Portugal and I felt sorry for him!

Good to beat the Germans though :agree:

WestEndHibee
12-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Were we expected to do well against Germany? Seems a great result.

I was watching their game against Portugal the other day on Eurosport and the English commentators were speaking like it was a forgone conclusion that Scotland would lose to Germany and Switzerland. Didn't even acknowledge that Scotland might win! I'm not sure how well informed they would be as to the strength of all the squads but if they were informed then this would be a terrific result!

Berwickhibby
12-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Did the young Rangers keeper start the game? He was badly at fault for both goals v Portugal and I felt sorry for him!

Good to beat the Germans though :agree:

The Scottish keeper played really well today..... No silly errors and pulled of a world class save from a free kick deep into injury time...... Well done to all the players

Jonnyboy
12-05-2014, 08:46 PM
The Scottish keeper played really well today..... No silly errors and pulled of a world class save from a free kick deep into injury time...... Well done to all the players

:agree:

Stantons Angel
12-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Trust you to bump into them in the middle of nowhere? I take it this game was being played at the Hibernians ground?

Did you visit the clubrooms and lounge inside the main building? Last time we were there the Malta Hibs owner was throwing a wee party for us and handed me a plate of pig's trotters and asked if id like one! Yuck!!!

Its good to see the youth sides doing well on the International scene. Keep up the good work Bill, look forward to hearing your next report.

KWJ
12-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Great stuff, good bit about it on the BBC site. Hopefully we can get something off of Switzerland and play England in the semi!

Any Hibees in the team? Great to see it played at The Hibernians ground :)

KWJ
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Having got off my arse and checked myself I've seen that we don't have any players there representing Hibs.

Still a great feat though, it's only our 2nd time at the finals having been there in 2008 where we lost all 3 games.

We took care of Belgium, Romania and Bosnia & Herzegovina in the qualifiers too which are improving nations. Great stuff!

Next game is on the 16th v Switzerland.

JimBHibees
13-05-2014, 10:02 AM
What a fantastic result that is. Watched the Portugal game and the goalie has a mare however Portugal were a decent side. Hopefully can qualify by beating Swiss.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Having got off my arse and checked myself I've seen that we don't have any players there representing Hibs.

Still a great feat though, it's only our 2nd time at the finals having been there in 2008 where we lost all 3 games.

We took care of Belgium, Romania and Bosnia & Herzegovina in the qualifiers too which are improving nations. Great stuff!

Next game is on the 16th v Switzerland.

Which is one of the reasons our youth set up is about to change.

sven nil
13-05-2014, 12:05 PM
What a fantastic result that is. Watched the Portugal game and the goalie has a mare however Portugal were a decent side. Hopefully can qualify by beating Swiss.We only need a draw,next opponent winners of Engerland or holland.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2014, 01:43 PM
When is the game against Switzerland being played

andrew70
13-05-2014, 01:49 PM
When is the game against Switzerland being played

Thursday. 6pm live on Eurosport.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Thursday. 6pm live on Eurosport.

Thanks

Berwickhibby
13-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Being played on Thursday at Hibernians stadium....... I will be there to roar the young Scots on

Ross4356
13-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Is this the team that bet the England u17 team to the Victory Shield last year?

andrew70
13-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Is this the team that bet the England u17 team to the Victory Shield last year?

Some of the players who won the victory shield are involved. 'Keeper Mcrorrie and Celtic striker Miller etc. Hibs' representative Ben Stirling isn't involved unfortunately. He is though a very good talent.

The under 17s who just beat hearts in the EOS Shield have 3/4 very good players in their squad.

cameronw-hfc
13-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Some of the players who won the victory shield are involved. 'Keeper Mcrorrie and Celtic striker Miller etc. Hibs' representative Ben Stirling isn't involved unfortunately. He is though a very good talent.

The under 17s who just beat hearts in the EOS Shield have 3/4 very good players in their squad.

A brother of a friend of mines plays for the 17s, left back/left mid, meant to be decent, was told they have a very good squad.

mmmmhibby
13-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Incidently, the Under 17 captain Jack Breslin was freed by hibs, he played in the same hibs youth team as a friend of mines laddie. Jack Bresin is at celtic now.

andrew70
15-05-2014, 10:46 AM
The game is a 5pm kick off our time not 6pm as I previously stated. It's live on Eurosport 2!

number9dream
15-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Came from 1-0 down at HT to win 3-1.
Meet Holland in semis. Portugal v England is the other tie.

Jonnyboy
15-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Came from 1-0 down at HT to win 3-1.
Meet Holland in semis. Portugal v England is the other tie.

Watched it on Eurosport. Poor first half, excellent second and their keeper, who had a nightmare against Portugal, was outstanding, saving a penalty and producing a few other top drawer saves.

Wilkl be interesting to see how many of these lads progress to first team action at their clubs

Pretty Boy
15-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Watched it on Eurosport. Poor first half, excellent second and their keeper, who had a nightmare against Portugal, was outstanding, saving a penalty and producing a few other top drawer saves.

Wilkl be interesting to see how many of these lads progress to first team action at their clubs

Yep always interesting to see how players progress and make that step up.

Of the 19s squad that made the Euro Final against Spain in 2006 a few went on to have good careers. Steven Fletcher, Graham Dorrans, Robert Snodgrass probably the most notable but Andy McNeil, Lee Wallace, Callum Elliot, Mark Reynolds and Scott Fox have all done well too.

Hibby Bairn
15-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Aye but not as well as Pique, Mata or Javi Garcia who all played for Spain in the same game.

Berwickhibby
15-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Great result from the Scottish Lions today. A poor first half but started the second with a bit more fight and strength which paid off. Special mention for the young Scots keeper who was outstanding ... Caught up again with Gareth Evans and Hibs Academy manager Bill Hendry

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ozyhibby
16-05-2014, 12:30 AM
You should have asked Bill Hendry why so few Hibs youngsters getting into Scotland squads.

Hibs07p
18-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Eurosport is showing tonights semi with the Netherlands at 19.30.

GGTTH

offshorehibby
18-05-2014, 06:18 PM
England won 2-0 in the first semi

ronaldo7
18-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Incidently, the Under 17 captain Jack Breslin was freed by hibs, he played in the same hibs youth team as a friend of mines laddie. Jack Bresin is at celtic now.

Was he not released when he was 12? We were speaking about him in the pub on Friday and thought that was the age group he was released from.

Slim Shady
18-05-2014, 06:58 PM
You should have asked Bill Hendry why so few Hibs youngsters getting into Scotland squads.

Bill is a clown and should be no where near Hibs, East Mains or Easter Road.

If Rod was serious about sweeping changes from top to bottom this should be one of his first jobs on the tick list - Get rid of the jannie.

Rant over:cb

Hiber-nation
18-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Scotland playing hoofball so far...disappointing, wasn't expecting that but haven't seen the previous games.

BoltonHibee
18-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Scotland playing hoofball so far...disappointing, wasn't expecting that but haven't seen the previous games.

Trying to hit the boy hardy up top on his own. Great defending, movement and forward play, poor

Pretty Boy
18-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Penalty Holland. Stonewaller

Pretty Boy
18-05-2014, 07:19 PM
1-0.

Cool penalty.

lucky
18-05-2014, 07:24 PM
It's just like watching Hibs

Pretty Boy
18-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Ouxh 5-0 Holland.

McKenzie
18-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Expected so much more from Scotland, on a side note how good are the Dutch at almost every level? An example to the world on how to play the beautiful game

JimBHibees
18-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Actually thought although we'll beat some of the Scottish players did well. Wighton, nisbett and hardie. They have done well in this tournament and hopefully some of the better players will continue to develop.