PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC holding companies

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 07:59 PM
I've been hearing a lot of people fearing the worst the last few days regarding our financial side of things if we go down. Hibernian FC have holding companies in place who own the football ground and training centre. These are in place to protect the owner and football team of asset stripping.

Tom Farmer or one of his companies own the holding companies, these are used as a buffer incase of a repeat of the Wallace Mercer scenario ie he wanted the land and to destroy the club. Another scenario that protects us is that if we go into administration we will not lose the ground or training centre as they are owned by a separate entity.

QMU-1875
12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't worry about admin yet mate. We are miles away from that!

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about admin yet mate. We are miles away from that!

Wasn't trying to be doom and gloom. Trying to calm the bed wetters down.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Given that Morston have lent us up to £1,000,000 before for "cash flow" reasons, we will be fine.

However, the results up until July 2014 will probably be horrible.

No cup final and 11th. Prediction c. 900,000 loss.

Kato
12-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Prediction c. 900,000 loss.

Which was the profit made last year iirc.

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Given that Morston have lent us up to £1,000,000 before for "cash flow" reasons, we will be fine.

The financial side of things will not be as rosy as last year with the dismal effort from the team.

But what makes me happy is, we will never be like them.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Which was the profit made last year iirc.

Think it was 100,000 last year but 1,000,000 debt reduction.

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 08:22 PM

Morston assets is owned by Tom Farmer.

Weir7
12-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I've been hearing a lot of people fearing the worst the last few days regarding our financial side of things if we go down. Hibernian FC have holding companies in place who own the football ground and training centre. These are in place to protect the owner and football team of asset stripping.

Tom Farmer or one of his companies own the holding companies, these are used as a buffer incase of a repeat of the Wallace Mercer scenario ie he wanted the land and to destroy the club. Another scenario that protects us is that if we go into administration we will not lose the ground or training centre as they are owned by a separate entity.

The football club owns the stadium and East mains. Hibernian holdings own 98% of football club. There is a company that owns hibernian holdings. And a company that owns that. There is a long chain of companies. In simple terms they all belong to farmer

Normal business practice. Nothing to be concerned about

Glory Lurker
12-05-2014, 08:41 PM
50 guests. Hiya!

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 08:52 PM
The football club owns the stadium and East mains. Hibernian holdings own 98% of football club. There is a company that owns hibernian holdings. And a company that owns that. There is a long chain of companies. In simple terms they all belong to farmer

Normal business practice. Nothing to be concerned about

Exactly my point. Sir Tom Farmer has it all tied up. Pleasing.

Eyrie
12-05-2014, 09:04 PM

If we do go down, it wouldn't surprise me to get another soft loan to finance our immediate return to the top flight. Can't afford to be down for more than one season.

Let's hope we don't have to find out.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
If we do go down, it wouldn't surprise me to get another soft loan to finance our immediate return to the top flight. Can't afford to be down for more than one season.

Let's hope we don't have to find out.

Absolutely. I don't think stf would be happy about it, but I don't doubt he would do it.

Unfortunately, I think we will find out.

Pray4Marc
12-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Absolutely. I don't think stf would be happy about it, but I don't doubt he would do it.

Unfortunately, I think we will find out.

He would pump cash in. Think it's bizarre people want Farmer out, "want more ambition" the budget is there for us to be competitive (2nd-4th) in the league but manager/players haven't delivered. Farmer doesn't scout for players or take training etc.

Eyrie
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM
He would pump cash in. Think it's bizarre people want Farmer out, "want more ambition" the budget is there for us to be competitive (2nd-4th) in the league but manager/players haven't delivered. Farmer doesn't scout for players or take training etc.

That's the point that a lot of posters miss. We've consistently been one of the higher spenders in the top flight, so the only way that Farmer will put more money into the club is to cover the nightmare scenario of relegation. As long as we stay up then it's up to the manager to use that budget wisely, which none of the recent appointees have done.

Jones28
12-05-2014, 10:01 PM
There are a million things that will go wrong at Hibs before we get ****ed by financial problems!

Jamesie
12-05-2014, 10:21 PM
This would be the least of my worries.

Watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DvwAINYfw) from 04:00 onwards:

"They played an ace card actually, these guys. They came along, very emotional and it was obvious that it was something that was very important to them...do you know that your grandfather and his brother, one hundred years ago, in 1891, stepped in to save the Hibs when they were just about going into extinction? And they played that card and I decided I would try to do something to help them and that's where it all started."

That tells me all I need to know - I have no doubt that Sir Tom would never let Hibs go near the abyss again.

Centre Hawf
12-05-2014, 10:57 PM

Watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DvwAINYfw) from 04:00 onwards:.

Why did you have to go on post that?! I'm starting to feel that thing called pride again.:greengrin

Onceinawhile
12-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DvwAINYfw) from 04:00 onwards:

"They played an ace card actually, these guys. They came along, very emotional and it was obvious that it was something that was very important to them...do you know that your grandfather and his brother, one hundred years ago, in 1891, stepped in to save the Hibs when they were just about going into extinction? And they played that card and I decided I would try to do something to help them and that's where it all started."

That tells me all I need to know - I have no doubt that Sir Tom would never let Hibs go near the abyss again.

"I decided I would try and do something to help them".

Understatement of the century.

I wonder if STF knows Dr. Dre?

shetlandhibee
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM
See at the end there, we're the hibs fans singing YNWA?

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
See at the end there, we're the hibs fans singing YNWA?

I haven't watched the video but it was common during the 80s/90s. In fact the Proclaimers sang it at the Hands off Hibs rally at ER.

shetlandhibee
13-05-2014, 06:36 AM
I haven't watched the video but it was common during the 80s/90s. In fact the Proclaimers sang it at the Hands off Hibs rally at ER. aw right never knew about that haha! Cheers!:thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
13-05-2014, 07:13 AM

The Football Club owns the training centre and the Stadium. HFC Holdings own 98% of the Football Club and Infocus Investments Ltd. (90%) and Rod Petrie (10%) own HFC Holdings. Both are owned by companies in Farmer's Maidencraig Investments group.