View Full Version : Players' holidays

12-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I recall a few years ago the season way extended by a week or something similar for some reason or other and some players got stung in terms of pre-booked holidays - from memory I think Dean Shiels might have lost out on a trip to Cancun through it and there were others.

Wonder if any of our squad took the Terry approach and assumed we would be nowhere near the play offs and have now had to cancel their breaks? :confused:

12-05-2014, 07:15 PM
If its Ryan McGivern I hope he still goes

hihohibby
12-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Holidays?? Has the whole first team not been on a season-long holiday? Is it not about time they actually got down to business and focus on the imminent relegation deciders? :cb

12-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Holidays?? Has the whole first team not been on a season-long holiday? Is it not about time they actually got down to business and focus on the imminent relegation deciders? :cb

Agree entirely. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few bumped gums over the issue.

12-05-2014, 07:38 PM
If any of them have holidays booked I`d let them go if they want to go. If any of them are upset at having to cancel pre-arranged trips then they will be no use to us in two games where we need to be 100% focused on the job in hand.

12-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Nae luck eh?

There was one way to guarantee your holidays, and it's been available all season. Either that or only book them when you have done the business that lets you leave the country at the time you planned.

12-05-2014, 07:44 PM

HibbyKeith
12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Pretty sure Paul Hanlon said at the sponsors evening that he had a holiday with his partner booked and was hoping hibs didn't end up in the play off.

12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm sure they'll be able to afford to reschedule the dates.

12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Hope it costs them all a fortune to reschedule as I've wasted a fortune watching them all season long..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Might delay McGivern meeting up with the England World Cup Squad.

12-05-2014, 10:57 PM

He's Irish.

12-05-2014, 11:05 PM

That might upset his manager at Northern Ireland. :wink:

13-05-2014, 12:53 AM
He's Irish.

He's Welsh.

13-05-2014, 01:54 AM
He's Welsh.

Dutch-Irish, his father was from Wales.

baggio70
13-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Hope it costs them all a fortune to reschedule as I've wasted a fortune watching them all season long..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk:aok::aok:

13-05-2014, 08:10 AM
He's Welsh.

He was born in Newry, County Down - Has played for Northern Ireland. Makes him Irish in my book :greengrin

13-05-2014, 08:12 AM
The players will be thinking about their holidays now anyway. Especially the ones who are leaving in the summer. They won't care one bit about the outcome of the playoffs.

13-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Pretty sure Paul Hanlon said at the sponsors evening that he had a holiday with his partner booked and was hoping hibs didn't end up in the play off.Will it stop him going? He's out anyway.There's a few that seem tae have been on holiday most of the time anyway and a few who'd be better on holday. I've wasted another 400 quid this season on most of them, so I cannae say the thought of them losing out on a few quid bothers me, they've got it tae waste.

13-05-2014, 08:23 AM
We've done holidays already, I think. Is there anything else that we can have a go at the players about in the lead up to a couple of critical games? Do any of them eat crispy pancakes instead of pasta and Jaffa cakes?

13-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Serves them right if they do get stung we should have finished the season with everyone else

13-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Crispy pancakes ? So 1990s Beefster!

13-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Several players have cancelled or rearranged their holidays.

I also know of one player who has no chance of playing in the matches that has changed his flights so he can stay back and lend his support to the team.

The interesting one for me is ones that probably won't feature and are out of contract, do they say if you're not going to play me and aren't giving me a new contract then I'm going on my holidays?

13-05-2014, 09:43 AM

I also know of one player who has no chance of playing in the matches that has changed his flights so he can stay back and lend his support to the team.

The interesting one for me is ones that probably won't feature and are out of contract, do they say if you're not going to play me and aren't giving me a new contract then I'm going on my holidays?

Yes. I don't think I would want any unhappy guys mumping around the training ground dragging people even further down. A squad of possibly 20 - 22 players should be enough for the last two games and the rest can go if they want.

whereswallace?
13-05-2014, 10:30 AM

I believe his booked holiday to Vegas has had to be changed!

TamHibs
13-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Forster will be absolutely gutted not to show off his beach body in Ibiza.

Suppose he can just show it off again on Twitter, maybe even post it up at half time during one of the play off ties......

robinp
13-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Dutch-Irish, his father was from Wales.

http://www.hark.com/clips/rykfpqlrqk-the-feeling-is-mutual

13-05-2014, 11:44 AM

Exactly the sort of spirit we need at the moment.