PDA

View Full Version : The Lined Up Players

Speedway
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
For some time the talk has been up players to come in early in pre-season and having already been lined up/approached.

I think it's safe to assume that this is dependant for some on us learning to score in the playoffs and stay up.

However, if the players linked to us are accurate, how well do you think this side would do for us next season?

Brill
Ellis
Ross
Pugh
G Shinnie
A Shinnie
Watkins
Vincent
McLean
McKay
Sow

TowerHibs
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
every season we get a list of the best SPL players who we have been linked with - where about??? Genuine question, only on here????

It then comes to pass that we dont sign any of these "linked" players.

I think next season is all about if Leanne Depster can install a set target to work towards and a performance review as she has been talking about. Club at the minute is happy to tread water. We are in danger of pulling cramp and sinking though

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 03:52 PM
For some time the talk has been up players to come in early in pre-season and having already been lined up/approached.

I think it's safe to assume that this is dependant for some on us learning to score in the playoffs and stay up.

However, if the players linked to us are accurate, how well do you think this side would do for us next season?

Brill
Ellis
Ross
Pugh
G Shinnie
A Shinnie
Watkins
Vincent
McLean
McKay
Sow

We won't sign all of these players if any.

Lucius Apuleius
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
We won't sign all of these players if any.

:agree:

And if we don't sign all or some of them then I think we will sign others:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 04:09 PM

Brill
Ellis
Ross
Pugh
G Shinnie
A Shinnie
Watkins
Vincent
McLean
McKay
Sow

All the Caley boys except Brill and Ross would cost.

Sow is a done deal from what I have been told.

Ellis is a good defender and available for free and I'd take McLean in a heartbeat (Kenny) that is.

Sumner
12-05-2014, 04:13 PM
A Journeyman
Y Erbosman
F Reeagent

.. only if theyre 5th choice targets mind.
Petrie will see to that & penny pinch from behind the scenes, in his big backseat.. Shirley

Cropley10
12-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Ellis is a good defender and available for free and I'd take McLean in a heartbeat (Kenny) that is.

Who is this Sow, you speak of?

The_Horde
12-05-2014, 04:16 PM

He's stitching you up mate..

Genuinely though: he's talking about Osman Sow, currently at crystal palace.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Osman Sow, Crystal Palace.

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2014, 04:45 PM
A Journeyman
Y Erbosman
F Reeagent

Petrie will see to that & penny pinch from behind the scenes, in his big backseat.. Shirley

10/10

Speedway
12-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd spend money to get Lyle Taylor this summer.

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Good gesture Speeders.

DC_Hibs
12-05-2014, 06:21 PM
However, if the players linked to us are accurate

What, like all the speculation/made up nonsense in the two bob Scottish press and among social media teenagers/halfbakes.

Nah...

Aldo
12-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Ha ha. Yur a bad man like!! ;-)

Unseen work
12-05-2014, 06:35 PM
i really cant see us getting andrew shinnie

Broken Gnome
12-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Who's Ellis?

Brightside
12-05-2014, 06:49 PM
He won't bring in more than 5 players. and that would be the max. He's said he wants to get some quality. So expect 3 decent signings and a couple of gambles.

madhatter
12-05-2014, 06:57 PM
He won't bring in more than 5 players. and that would be the max. He's said he wants to get some quality. So expect 3 decent signings and a couple of gambles.

Nah, be more than that. Think about it. He needs to get pretty much a back 4. A replacement goalkeeper and 1-2 midfielders and 2 goalscorers minimum. Quality doesn't mean you don't also have some quantity. We can't have a massive clearout which is bound to happen and only get 5 players in. Unless we are talking excellent defence and world class goalkeeper. If we draw every game next season 0-0 we would have 38 points already! Never know we may pinch a few wins along the way and be in a better position already!

Bostonhibby
12-05-2014, 07:10 PM
A Journeyman
Y Erbosman
F Reeagent

:agree: Mani N'pub, is a strong target as well.

knows a load about football, fits right in with the current culture. You heard it here first.

Bostonhibby
12-05-2014, 07:11 PM

How much have you got?:greengrin

Nutmegged
12-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Lyle Taylor cost Sheffield Utd £250,000 - I don't think they'd be looking to get all their money back but I would suspect they'd want at least half of it back, I'm not sure if we'd be prepared to spend that kind of cash againt this Summer, Taylor is a proven goalscorer though, almost 30 goals last Season with Falkirk and scored 7 goals in 17 games with Thistle which helped keep them up.

Pace, Touch,Vision, Awareness and a Goal scorer - Yes Please

eastterrace
12-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Lyle Taylor cost Sheffield Utd £250,000 - I don't think they'd be looking to get all their money back but I would suspect they'd want at least half of it back, I'm not sure if we'd be prepared to spend that kind of cash againt this Summer, Taylor is a proven goalscorer though, almost 30 goals last Season with Falkirk and scored 7 goals in 17 games with Thistle which helped keep them up.

Pace, Touch,Vision, Awareness and a Goal scorer - Yes Please

did we not try to buy him from falkirk but petrie offer was pathetic and falkirk told him to gtf.

Gmack7
12-05-2014, 07:32 PM
That about covers it

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Who's Ellis?

Mark Ellis, Crewe captain & Centre back.

number9dream
12-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Brill is also under contract and McLean will be hoping for a much bigger move than we can offer - either England or his beloved Teds...

S4uzee
12-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Mark Ellis, Crewe captain & Centre back.

He was part of a defence that conceded the most goals in league 1

Aldo
12-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Brill is also under contract and McLean will be hoping for a much bigger move than we can offer - either England or his beloved Teds...

If we are talking Steven Maclean at St Johnstone did he (and Croft) not sign new contracts last week.

Might be wrong tho??

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 08:06 PM
did we not try to buy him from falkirk but petrie offer was pathetic and falkirk told him to gtf.

Pretty sure we were in for him.

The sweetie man knows a bit more than me about it though. :wink:

Cropley10
12-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Seem to remember someone ITK posting that Petrie went back with a lower offer when they said the first wasn't enough.

That showed those pesky Bairns who was Boss.

cabbageandribs1875
12-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Rio Ferdinand is leaving old trafford, we could temp him here and ask carles puyol to come back out of his planned retirement at barca

c'mon Leeann Dempster, make it so

:flag:

Brightside
12-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Nah, be more than that. Think about it. He needs to get pretty much a back 4. A replacement goalkeeper and 1-2 midfielders and 2 goalscorers minimum. Quality doesn't mean you don't also have some quantity. We can't have a massive clearout which is bound to happen and only get 5 players in. Unless we are talking excellent defence and world class goalkeeper. If we draw every game next season 0-0 we would have 38 points already! Never know we may pinch a few wins along the way and be in a better position already!

We can't afford to change the whole team. 5 max.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 08:26 PM
He was part of a defence that conceded the most goals in league 1

And?

madhatter
12-05-2014, 08:28 PM
We can't afford to change the whole team. 5 max.

Pray tell, what positions then?

AlbertK86
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I reckon we will change between 8 and 10.

Reckon Big Ben will be off

Who i think he will keep

Maybury - U20 coaching staff
Hanlon
McGivern
Forster

Robertson
Stanton
Harris
OTJ

Cummings
Collins

who i would keep

Forster
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton
Harris
Cummings

and Maybury as U20 coach or if we go down.... as assistant 1st team manager with James McDonough as manager

S4uzee
12-05-2014, 08:47 PM
And?

Not really a good statistic is it?

GreenOnions
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Who i think he will keep

Hanlon
McGivern
Forster

Robertson
Stanton
Harris
OTJ

Cummings
Collins

who i would keep

Forster
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton
Harris
Cummings

and Maybury as U20 coach or if we go down.... as assistant 1st team manager with James McDonough as manager

If you're suggesting we shouldn't want to keep Hanlon I can't take your post seriously I'm afraid :-/ Maybe it's just an oversight?

number9dream
12-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I'd take Jamie MacDonald if we're looking for a keeper and Morgaro Gomis for central mid if United don't offer him anything and KT is on his way (they would make a good partnership but I can't see Thomson staying under the present regime).
Lots of others needed, with two full-backs high on the list.

madhatter
12-05-2014, 08:57 PM
I'd take Jamie MacDonald if we're looking for a keeper and Morgaro Gomis for central mid if United don't offer him anything and KT is on his way (they would make a good partnership but I can't see Thomson staying under the present regime).
Lots of others needed, with two full-backs high on the list.

Sorry, some part of me could just not take Jamie MacDonald in goals. He has without doubt been truly mug whilst time wasting against us. There is winning and then there is cheating. We all know what they are good at over that neck of the woods? He is a good goalkeeper, right enough, but I can't see him at Hibs.

AlbertK86
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
If you're suggesting we shouldn't want to keep Hanlon I can't take your post seriously I'm afraid :-/ Maybe it's just an oversight?

Don't take it seriously

Too weak for too long

Too many goals caused by him getting bullied and brushed aside

Too many goals lost by him ball watching

All about opinions though

As I said in another thread I've wanted him to come good for years. Thought he had done so when Butcher first arrived .... he looked far more physical and aggressive but soon lapsed back into his old ways

IF he could have the same physical presence and aggression as Forster shows in the challenge I would keep him

Callum_62
12-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Sorry, some part of me could just not take Jamie MacDonald in goals. He has without doubt been truly mug whilst time wasting against us. There is winning and then there is cheating. We all know what they are good at over that neck of the woods? He is a good goalkeeper, right enough, but I can't see him at Hibs.

If his time wasting gets US THREE POINTS, couldnt give a monkeys

Maybe if we employed they tactics up at Tannidice when 2-0 up....we wouldnt be in this mess

Nutmegged
12-05-2014, 09:10 PM

This is just such a victimy statement

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Not really a good statistic is it?

Can't be any worse than Nelson.

Cropley10
12-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Who i think he will keep

Hanlon
McGivern
Forster

Robertson
Stanton
Harris
OTJ

Cummings
Collins

who i would keep

Forster
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton
Harris
Cummings

Surely we're not going to keep Collins?:confused:

craigmounthibby
12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
If we are talking Steven Maclean at St Johnstone did he (and Croft) not sign new contracts last week.

Might be wrong tho??
You're right, they both signed new contracts. Also not going to sign Brill, even tho' he's a cheaper option than Williams, and the club (under Petrie) cannot afford to keep him.

Brightside
12-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Pray tell, what positions then?

i think we will end up with 1 CH, 1 CM, 1 FB, 1 Winger, 1 striker (sno already signed). Im not saying we don't need 10 players but we won't get them!

Brightside
12-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't take it seriously

Too weak for too long

Too many goals caused by him getting bullied and brushed aside

Too many goals lost by him ball watching

All about opinions though

As I said in another thread I've wanted him to come good for years. Thought he had done so when Butcher first arrived .... he looked far more physical and aggressive but soon lapsed back into his old ways

IF he could have the same physical presence and aggression as Forster shows in the challenge I would keep him

Crazy talk...defence fell to pieces when he got injured. He's covered for shoddy CHs every year. Him and Forster will be the Central def next season. Forster has made plenty of mistakes in the 2nd half of this season...but he will come good.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 10:00 PM
i think we will end up with 1 CH, 1 CM, 1 FB, 1 Winger, 1 striker (sno already signed). Im not saying we don't need 10 players but we won't get them!

Sno?

You mean Sow! :greengrin

macd123
13-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Peter crouch and nikola zigic would be ideal up front with nelson in the hole

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Might be wrong tho??

Keep up Aldo .,Kenny McLean from st Mirren is seemingly one of our Top Targets and we have let St Mirren know we are interested :rolleyes:

Aldo
13-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Keep up Aldo .,Kenny McLean from st Mirren is seemingly one of our Top Targets and we have let St Mirren know we are interested :rolleyes:

Maybe but the McLean I heard we may of been interested in was Steven but this lad Kenny seems a decent young player.

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Maybe but the McLean I heard we may of been interested in was Steven but this lad Kenny seems a decent young player.
We were linked with him as well and you are right he has signed a new contract with st Johnstone .Think I saw the link to kenny in Hibs vital or vital hibs yesterday so no idea how reliable that source is