PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Beaton Leaving

Gus Fring
12-05-2014, 02:45 PM
The Arctic Fox ‏@jamiebeats3 (https://twitter.com/jamiebeats3) 3m (https://twitter.com/jamiebeats3/status/465864049499320320)
Would like to thank hibs for everything they have gave me a wonderful club and my 8 years at the club has come to an end! Without doubt 1/2

I have had some of the best times of my life and devoted so much time to them but it's time to move on and start a fresh somewhere else 2/2

A shame because he showed some real promise.

Billy Whizz
12-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Who's choice was this?

hibee_girl
12-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Jay Doyle also tweeted over the weekend that he's leaving

matty_f
12-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Must be a really tough call for those that need to make it when they're looking at which young players to keep and which to let go, especially after a season like the young ones have had this season.

The_Exile
12-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Always gutting to hear of stuff like this for the lads, hopefully they use it as motivation rather than the opposite for the next crucial few years in their development.

Billy Whizz
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if we're keeping the EOS and an under 20 team next season?

jdships
12-05-2014, 03:14 PM

I met him when he first arrived from the Aberdeen area and he came over as a really nice lad.
Often spoke with his g'dad at game ( he lived in Edinburgh ) and he always said he lived and breathed Hibs
Good luck Jamie :thumbsup:

Jpdhfc
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I met him when he first arrived from the Aberdeen area and he came over as a really nice lad.
Often spoke with his g'dad at game ( he lived in Edinburgh ) and he always said he lived and breathed Hibs

Sorry mate born and raised south edinburgh

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Hopefully this doesn't come back to haunt us.

All the best Jamie!

GGTTH07
12-05-2014, 03:48 PM

Jamie's from Gilmerton.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Dougie Horne leaving aswell and Jay Doyle leaving too.

12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Shame to hear this, looked like a decent young player who could of in time been a good goal scorer for us.

Good luck to him anyway, hope he fufills his potential elsewhere.

jdships
12-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Hopefully this doesn't come back to haunt us.

All the best Jamie!

Well his grandfather told me on more than one occasion he came down from Aberdeen when he signed for Hibs

Not really bothered to be honest , just pleased I knew him !!:greengrin

EHZERO7
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Dougie Horne leaving aswell and Jay Doyle leaving too.

Jay Doyle is playing for Bathgate Rose Under 19s

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Jay Doyle is playing for Bathgate Rose Under 19s

Good to hear that he got another club quickly.

Mathias Jack
12-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know if we're keeping the EOS and an under 20 team next season?

My mate plays for Leith Athletic. He told me that Hibs have said to the EOS league admin that their participation next season is dependant on if we stay up or not.

I don't know about the U20's though...

Jpdhfc
12-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Jamie's from Gilmerton.

Think you will find gilmerton is in south edinburgh

Alex Trager
12-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Waw. Really?

That is about as pathetic as my picking this up

Jpdhfc
12-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Waw. Really?

That is about as pathetic as my picking this up

Still posted though 😆

emerald green
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Sorry mate born and raised south edinburgh

If he lived and breathed Hibs, these are the sort of players we need in our first team. A pity he is leaving. Good luck for the future son. Just don't come back to haunt Hibs please. :wink:

Unseen work
12-05-2014, 07:24 PM
i thought dougie horne was held in quite a high regard?

Also i remember before cummings everyone banging on about jay doyle scoring for fun?

Matty_Jack04
12-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I was told last week that the reserve league is coming back next year and we have let the majority if not all the east of scotland shield winning team go as have hearts, I didn't see any reason to beleive it until now seems quite harsh if it is indeed true

Iggy Pope
12-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I was told last week that the reserve league is coming back next year and we have let the majority if not all the east of scotland shield winning team go as have hearts, I didn't see any reason to beleive it until now seems quite harsh if it is indeed true

Different squads. Jamie Beaton is listed as part of the U-20 squad. The EOSS was U-17s and I would think most of them still have a bit to go.

offshorehibby
12-05-2014, 08:03 PM
This hard luck story comes up every end of season when we start letting some of the young laddies go. The truth is we can't keep everybody. The U16's & U17's move up so somebody needs to move on if they're not deemed good enough for the first team.

I wish anybody that's played for the Hibees all the best

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Someone posted over the weekend Dean Horribine had been released (after I'd included him in my play off side) however I checked today and he's not heard yet - can't remember the poster ?

Jonnyboy
12-05-2014, 08:09 PM
This hard luck story comes up every end of season when we start letting some of the young laddies go. The truth is we can't keep everybody. The U16's & U17's move up so somebody needs to move on if they're not deemed good enough for the first team.

I wish anybody that's played for the Hibees all the best

This :agree:

It's a cruel world in football.

Our U19's that won the Scottish Cup a few seasons ago. All good players and all played their part in winning that trophy but where are they now? Sadly there are far more players that don't make it football than do.

eastterrace
12-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Someone posted over the weekend Dean Horribine had been released (after I'd included him in my play off side) however I checked today and he's not heard yet - can't remember the poster ?

it was me who said it, heard from a good source saturday night he is going butcher thinks he is to small.

Sean1875
12-05-2014, 08:49 PM
it was me who said it, heard from a good source saturday night he is going butcher thinks he is to small.

He's not been released.

hibbysam
12-05-2014, 10:16 PM
i thought dougie horne was held in quite a high regard?

Also i remember before cummings everyone banging on about jay doyle scoring for fun?

Dougie is a top class goalkeeper with the height and build to make it at a decent level... Never enjoyed marsella's training and never got a chance since the side came back from Turkey at new year having started the season as no.1 and playing very well... Fell behind Bobo Grant when he came back from loan, Sean Murdoch when getting minutes and also Kleton.

He's hoping by moving on he will find somewhere sharpish and keep the improvements going and be playing regularly which a lad of his age needs to be doing.

Up The Bracket
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
http://instagram.com/p/n52Mx8MUL3/

Billychaotic182
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Right shame as the boys seem like good lads and good players

GGTTH07
13-05-2014, 12:04 AM

Ok, keep your hair on Mrs, never read your post.

J-C
13-05-2014, 06:27 AM
So is this a case of Butcher getting rid of technically decent players and only wanting his workhorse style players, ones that can chase long balls all day.

bawheid
13-05-2014, 06:42 AM
So is this a case of Butcher getting rid of technically decent players and only wanting his workhorse style players, ones that can chase long balls all day.

Yes, that'll be it.

J-C
13-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Yes, that'll be it.

Unfortunately I can't help being cynical after watching the hoofball we've played this past few months, I'd prefer to keep a hold of promising young players but maybe the style of play Butcher prefers doesn't suit which is a shame.

offshorehibby
13-05-2014, 07:46 AM

No this is case players having to move on to make way for the younger one's coming through. We can't keep every player in the hope they might break into the 1st team in the next ten yesrs.

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately I can't help being cynical after watching the hoofball we've played this past few months, I'd prefer to keep a hold of promising young players but maybe the style of play Butcher prefers doesn't suit which is a shame.
He must realise the current style of play is not working and is pissing off the Fans so if he persists with it next season he won't last long .it would help once we know what division we are in next season if he came out and stated what went wrong and why he allowed that style of play to become the norm and tell us type of player he is looking to bring in and style of play he is looking for new team to play .
Without Thompson to dictate play and find telling passes forward he must think getting the ball forward quickly is best route to go but these chipped floated balls into box are so easy to defend apart from the one that led to Stanton's goal versus thistle .
He has said before I am not telling the players to play like that ,he specifically revered top Nelson in that regard. the play off being over two games and time to prepare gives him a chance to shape the team and to so etching different ?even watching Heff keep control moving towards the Killie box and playing a perfect weighted pass to Craig who was then unlucky to hit the bar shows we have some players who can play but of course if we don't score when play like that and loose a goal then panic sets in Collins cane win headers with his back to goal and if he does his control let's him down .Heff has control and is intelligent user of ball but needs players to run beyond him to pass to and Collins never gave him that option as they played in same area at times so unless T B can work on that Partnership knowing team we are playing and find ways to exploit thier back line then we need to revert to Cummings who has pace and better control than Collins or look for Cairney out wide to get service to Heff as he is capable of unsettling players and has good assists rate .Harris and Watmore aren't hurting teams when they go by someone as no real end product most of the time and Harris when he has shot on target seems to not connect properly so no real power in shot .

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 07:54 AM
No this is case players having to move on to make way for the younger one's coming through. We can't keep every player in the hope they might break into the 1st team in the next ten yesrs.
accept that but question is are we letting go of the right players I know it's a gamble at that age and some players we let go will go on to do well and make it and others we keep don't make it with us eg Caldwell and end up getting realised later .
But some posters and will Anne drop billy whizz again go to lots of youth games Nd over course of a season have an eye for who has been the better players over the corse of a season

Scotty-1875
13-05-2014, 08:19 AM
http://instagram.com/p/n52Mx8MUL3/

this is class. Get him in to give the team talk in the playoffs :greengrin

Sergio sledge
13-05-2014, 08:35 AM
accept that but question is are we letting go of the right players I know it's a gamble at that age and some players we let go will go on to do well and make it and others we keep don't make it with us eg Caldwell and end up getting realised later .
But some posters and will Anne drop billy whizz again go to lots of youth games Nd over course of a season have an eye for who has been the better players over the corse of a season

How many players that we have let go in the past few years at 18/19 years old have gone on to do well at other clubs in the SPL or at a higher level?

Jpdhfc
13-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Ok, keep your hair on Mrs, never read your post.

Sorry😎