PDA

View Full Version : lennon sacked locke sacked but Terry Butcher remains

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
The managers above us loose there jobs Take note Terry
it should be you play off or not .....

HibsNutter
12-05-2014, 12:02 PM
For the love of god, why would we sack our manager ten days before two of the biggest games in our history?

TamHibs
12-05-2014, 12:03 PM

Aye ok :aok:

Beefster
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM

I don't think you're grasping the concept of a contract. Neither Lennon or Locke have been sacked.

SmashinGlass
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM

Lennon wasn't sacked by the way, nor was Locke. Just to clarify.

Suggesting sacking Butcher at this point is madness. Stability is called for, both now and going forward. Let's deal with the play off and then worry about rebuilding subsequent to that.

southsider
12-05-2014, 12:05 PM
For the love of god, why would we sack our manager ten days before two of the biggest games in our history?
Because sacking him is THE only chance we have of winning.

Ringothedog
12-05-2014, 12:06 PM

:rolleyes:

There are more muppets on here than ever appeared on the muppet show. Lets get through the next 2 games then we can start the infighting, sacking of managers, getting rid of Petrie and Farmer etc etc

Steve20

Because he cant get this group of players to win a match. We will go down with him in charge. With someone else, it's a gamble but at least it would give us a wee chance of winning the playoff.

Centre Hawf
I don't know how much it would be to sack him. But if he were to walk away today I would be more than content with that.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Suggesting sacking Butcher at this point is madness. Stability is called for, both now and going forward. Let's deal with the play off and then worry about rebuilding subsequent to that.

Can there be any stability with Butcher and Malpas here though? Currently they've shown zero stability.

It will be anybodies guess what the team and formation will be for these 2 games, as it's been chopped and changed that many times.

Even with them here, there's no stability.

allezsauzee
12-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I don't think either were actually sacked. They are just not having their contracts renewed and that is the difference. It costs Hearts and St Mirren nothing to not offer them new contracts. If we terminate the contracts of our management team then that probably takes up a fair bit of our budget for next season.

Keith_M
12-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Is there any chance we could get another manager** in, just for the next 2 weeks, then allow Tel back to do his re-building job?

:wink:

** Gary Locke maybe

:duck:

Weststandwanab
12-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I don't think either were actually sacked. They are just not having their contracts renewed and that is the difference. It costs Hearts and St Mirren nothing to not offer them new contracts. If we terminate the contracts of our management team then that probably takes up a fair bit of our budget for next season. Bulls eye.

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:14 PM
:rolleyes:

There are moreq muppets on here than ever appeared on the muppet show. Lets get through the next 2 games then we can start the infighting, sacking of managers, getting rid of Petrie and Farmer etc etc

You seriously think we will win these play offs have you
been at thr games. the Muppets are all on the park.

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:16 PM

To help us win these biggest games butcher wont help us
big decission required for big games.

Fergus52
12-05-2014, 12:16 PM

:aok:

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't think either were actually sacked. They are just not having their contracts renewed and that is the difference. It costs Hearts and St Mirren nothing to not offer them new contracts. If we terminate the contracts of our management team then that probably takes up a fair bit of our budget for next season.

There is the catch 22 if we go down we wont have much of a budget
anyway

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Bulls eye.

Technically correct but we all know its still GOODBYE
whatever you want to call it.

Hamish
12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
The rumours about Ian Murray getting the St Mirren job may be correct then?

John_the_angus_hibby
12-05-2014, 12:24 PM

Sane post alert!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmashinGlass
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Can there be any stability with Butcher and Malpas here though? Currently they've shown zero stability.

It will be anybodies guess what the team and formation will be for these 2 games, as it's been chopped and changed that many times.

Even with them here, there's no stability.

I mean stability as in not constantly sacking managers every 1-2 years. In the event we lose the playoff, I'll reconsider my feelings on the matter. For now, it would be absolute lunacy

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Bulls eye.

Technically correct but we all know its still GOODBYE
whatever you want to call it.

The Sea-gull
12-05-2014, 12:58 PM

The only chance?

What if these players finally play like the Premier League class footballers most of them have proven they are in the past?

What if we take a couple of the chances we create?

What if the other team is even worse than us on the day?

What if we get lucky for a wee change and the good luck out weighs the bad of the course of the tie?

givescotlandfreedom
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Danny Lennon had St Mirren finish 8th this year and won them a trophy last year against all odds. Harshly treated IMO

Scorrie
12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Danny Lennon had St Mirren finish 8th this year and won them a trophy last year against all odds. Harshly treated IMO

Agree. Feel pretty sorry for him. Not sure what else a St Mirren manager is meant to achieve really. Played some decent football as well.

Leithenhibby
12-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Change the record, He's no getting emptied.. IMO

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 01:25 PM
It's too late in the day for this debate. Butcher won't be sacked at this stage, he'll have the play off and will be gone should we be relegated. Of course a that stage, those demanding his head now will then be perfectly entitled to say I told you so, but that's life.

southsider
12-05-2014, 02:08 PM
The only chance?

What if these players finally play like the Premier League class footballers most of them have proven they are in the past?

What if we get lucky for a wee change and the good luck out weighs the bad of the course of the tie?
What if i win Euro Millions on Friday and appoint Darren Fletcher on Saturday ? All mighty big iff's.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Lennon's managerial CV is currently way more impressive than Butcher's.

Centre Hawf
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
For me theres some similarities in the Danny Lennon and Pat Fenlon situations. Lennon obviously won a trophy, but St Mirren fans were crying out for him to go early on in the season like most of us were with Fenlon. St Mirren gave him to the end of the season and by the looks of things made a decision quite early as to not renew his contract once it was up.

For me that was what we should have done with Fenlon. Gave him the end of the contract and MAYBE we might have sneaked top six or won the bottom 6 like last year. Then when he left there was something to build on in the summer for the next manager, maybe it would have been Butcher, to push on for a 3rd 4th place type of finish.

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Change the record, He's no getting emptied.. IMO

I was told TB's salary today (ball park figure) - my word, there is no way he is getting emptied if we have to pay out that contract. Highest paid Hibs manager since TM. As Liam McLeod would put it.....'ohhhh wow !!!'.

Oh and Eddie May is in next week apparently. Old news admittedly.

greenlex
12-05-2014, 03:30 PM

To help us win these biggest games butcher wont help us
big decission required for big games. If the muppets are on the park then changing managers will make no difference.:rolleyes: Oh aye and before I forget Lockes team isn't above us.

R11Loaded
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Just been told by a supposed football agent who runs the portobello pits leagues and he said butcher bullies are players and has totally lost the dressing room, on top of that will be gone next season as Dempster doesn't want him.

I don't really believe him though.

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Just been told by a supposed football agent who runs the portobello pits leagues and he said butcher bullies are players and has totally lost the dressing room, on top of that will be gone next season as Dempster doesn't want him.

Is Leeann bringing a huge, and I mean huuuuyoooooge suitcase of cash to pay him off ? :faf:

Never ever understood this 'lost the dressing room' phrase. Can't miss ours as they are the biggest in the SPFL :na na:

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I was told TB's salary today (ball park figure) - my word, there is no way he is getting emptied if we have to pay out that contract. Highest paid Hibs manager since TM. As Liam McLeod would put it.....'ohhhh wow !!!'.

Oh and Eddie May is in next week apparently. Old news admittedly.Is there any chance that any of it at all is performance related... :dunno:

Beefster
12-05-2014, 04:44 PM

That's very perceptive of you.

Pete
12-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Terry and Maurice either take the players dinner money or they make them do things they don't want to do like press-ups and running.

R11Loaded
12-05-2014, 05:41 PM
That's very perceptive of you.

Don't really believe that a football agent would be working on the phone for portobello pits but I'll be speaking to him tonight when I'm playing my league game so we shall see if he says anything else

Diclonius
12-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Is this the latest hibs.net FACT?

Greenblood70
12-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I honestly think it makes no difference if Butcher is there or not, we won't win the playoff imo. On balance I'd say we'd probably fare better without his honking tactics.

Anyway it's academic as we're stuck wi the useless ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Is this the latest hibs.net FACT?

Not a fact but I would say that I would fancy AN Other as manager than a guy whom with these players hasn't won a match for close on 3 months making that what 19/20 games. It would suggest to me that there is a fair chance of losing.

AN Other no idea if we would win or not but at this moment TB points to things not going well.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 05:58 PM
The only chance?

That's a lot of "what ifs" mate. Sounds like clutching at straws to me. Also, I'm not too sure too many of these players have proven they are Premier League class footballers. Some have NEVER proven that IMHO.

Beefster
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Not a fact but I would say that I would fancy AN Other as manager than a guy whom with these players hasn't won a match for close on 3 months making that what 19/20 games. It would suggest to me that there is a fair chance of losing.

AN Other no idea if we would win or not but at this moment TB points to things not going well.

You're screaming for Butcher to get sacked. You screamed for Fenlon to get sacked. You likely screamed for Calderwood to get sacked. I'd be surprised if you hadn't screamed for Hughes to get sacked. What makes you think that getting rid of Butcher will be any more successful than every other time you've wanted a manager sacked?

sleeping giant
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Oh and Eddie May is in next week apparently. Old news admittedly.

For some reason i remember TM being on a very low salary. Sure 50k was mentioned. Granted i am not privy to financial dealings within Hibernian but that is a figure that was banded around.
Why would he (TM) have been on a high salary considering he was just a coach before he came here ?

Ringothedog
12-05-2014, 06:21 PM

I think we have a chance of winning the play off games. We require a bit of luck and our strongest team to be available. In answer to your second point, I go to all home games and quite a few away games but don't quite get what difference it makes to your first point. And as for your third point , there are more Muppets on here who are behaving like wee lassies. Let's support the team and the management, get through this horrendous period in Hibernians history and try and ensure that we are never in this position again. If that means sacking everybody from petrie to the club cat then so be it. But for heaven's sake get behind the team NOW!!!!

WestStandMoaner
12-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I honestly think it makes no difference if Butcher is there or not, we won't win the playoff imo. On balance I'd say we'd probably fare better without his honking tactics.

Anyway it's academic as we're stuck wi the useless ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the rumours are true and Butcher has lost the dressing room we would be better getting rid of him now, however, we need to win the next two games and we will have to keep him to after the play off's but anyone who thinks Butcher should stay after this even if we avoid relegation needs their head looked at, this is the biggest collapse from a Hibs team that I can recall and no way should he be allowed to stay

WestStandMoaner
12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
There are those that have voiced the opinion that the players aren't good enough, a mass clear out with only the younger players that have progressed through the ranks staying.

It could be that the players don't subscribe to Terry Butcher's ways of working, and that is conveyed as Terry having lost the dressing room.
Why was Fenlon mutually consented out?

The players are culpable too, If they were to respond differently to a different manager then they are a disgrace using Hibernian FC as means to get at the gaffer.
If they are playing as they are told and genuinely doing their best, then maybe they're not good enough.

I want Butcher to stay, win the play off against Hamilton, rebuild in the summer and be a success next season.
I cannot deny that getting my head looked at might be a good idea though.

:agree:

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 06:50 PM
That's a lot of "what ifs" mate. Sounds like clutching at straws to me. Also, I'm not too sure too many of these players have proven they are Premier League class footballers. Some have NEVER proven that IMHO.

CC you were correct
PF you were correct
JH no

So you were right on me wanting them out and is was right in wanting them out.

Winston Ingram
12-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Lennon's managerial CV is currently way more impressive than Butcher's.

Let's be honest, who's isn't?

emerald green
12-05-2014, 07:30 PM
CC you were correct
PF you were correct
JH no

So you were right on me wanting them out and is was right in wanting them out.

Did you quote the wrong post there mate? :confused:

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Did you quote the wrong post there mate? :confused:

Oh yeah I have. Sorry mate. Meant to be Beefsters one.

Vini1875
12-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't believe in this lost the dressing stuff. The players are trying and seem to be putting in more effort now than they have been. Two things are clear though, TB's tactics are not working and the players at the club are not good enough. From last summer it was so obvious that we needed a striker/strikers, we didn't act then or did not make the right choices and so we are paying the penalty for board room decisions.

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 07:46 PM
For some reason i remember TM being on a very low salary. Sure 50k was mentioned. Granted i am not privy to financial dealings within Hibernian but that is a figure that was banded around.
Why would he (TM) have been on a high salary considering he was just a coach before he came here ?

Not the initial one mate, TM signed a rolling one when clubs started showing interest.

I'm told Butcher is the highest paid boss we've had in a long time.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah I have. Sorry mate. Meant to be Beefsters one.

Nae probs.

Diclonius
12-05-2014, 08:34 PM
We should get rid of a guy who makes the players work hard and get in one they all love who has them do **** all like Calderwood. That worked so well last time. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Tim Sherwood of spurs sacked as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27389072

Billy Whizz
13-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Tim Sherwood of spurs sacked as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27389072

He's been treated pretty shabbily

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2014, 12:25 PM
He's been treated pretty shabbily

indeed :agree:

Sherwood had a top-flight win percentage of 59%, which is the best of any Tottenham boss in Premier League history

easty
13-05-2014, 12:42 PM
indeed :agree:

Sherwood had a top-flight win percentage of 59%, which is the best of any Tottenham boss in Premier League history

Still a bit of a dick in my opinion.

allezsauzee
13-05-2014, 12:57 PM
ICT were relegated under Butcher and Malpas and did pretty well after that. Maybe we just need to take a longer term view for a change rather than change our manager because it's not all gone to plan in the first 6 months or so.

paul_hfc3
13-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Spot on.

DH1875
14-05-2014, 06:34 AM
ICT were relegated under Butcher and Malpas and did pretty well after that. Maybe we just need to take a longer term view for a change rather than change our manager because it's not all gone to plan in the first 6 months or so.

Our ambitions as a club should be at least twice that of ICT. IF we go down. We aint coming straight back up.

DH1875
14-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Still a bit of a dick in my opinion.

Mines too :)

Baker9
14-05-2014, 06:55 AM
I think we have a chance of winning the play off games. We require a bit of luck and our strongest team to be available. In answer to your second point, I go to all home games and quite a few away games but don't quite get what difference it makes to your first point. And as for your third point , there are more Muppets on here who are behaving like wee lassies. Let's support the team and the management, get through this horrendous period in Hibernians history and try and ensure that we are never in this position again. If that means sacking everybody from petrie to the club cat then so be it. But for heaven's sake get behind the team NOW!!!!

We would all love our strongest team to be available if we had any concensus as to what our strongest team is. That's part of the problem and it is not helped by TB not knowing either. Pick the same 4-4-2 team for both the playoffs and stick with it. Stuff this being careful away from home. We are Hibs.

Onion
14-05-2014, 07:04 AM

Cannot think of one thing that HAS gone to plan. In Nov, we were all realistic that TB needed time to build his own team, but relegation was not part of that deal. Results have been simply horrendous.

After all we've suffered in last few years, the very last thing Hibs fans can be accused of is impatience. IMO we have been far too tolerant of the current Hibs Board and their mismanagement of the club. Now looks like even they have realised what a pig's ear they've made things.

--------
14-05-2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27391542

So how come we're not in the CL Final?

147lothian
14-05-2014, 01:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27391542

So how come we're not in the CL Final?

We will be lucky to reach the ramsdens cup final!

majorhibs
14-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Cannot think of one thing that HAS gone to plan. In Nov, we were all realistic that TB needed time to build his own team, but relegation was not part of that deal. Results have been simply horrendous.

After all we've suffered in last few years, the very last thing Hibs fans can be accused of is impatience. IMO we have been far too tolerant of the current Hibs Board and their mismanagement of the club. Now looks like even they have realised what a pig's ear they've made things.

"We" getting used far far too often. Butcher is here now. Petries appointment. Untenable. Makes Petrie untenable. Petrie yet again made an arse of appointment of Hibs manager. Get rid of both. Rapido Simples. Why is the basics, like being a fairly biggish team in a poor league wi mair money than almost all your competitors such an effing handicap? If it is the incompetence it looks like to me, in order for the "business" in Petrie speak to move forward, previous incompetents at their jobs need to be moved on quick style. Goodbye alleged chairman & alleged manager. Tenure failure, supporters deserted, time to fall on sword. Dignity, I think it's been labelled.

IberianHibernian
14-05-2014, 11:04 PM
"We" getting used far far too often. Butcher is here now. Petries appointment. Untenable. Makes Petrie untenable. Petrie yet again made an arse of appointment of Hibs manager. Get rid of both. Rapido Simples. Why is the basics, like being a fairly biggish team in a poor league wi mair money than almost all your competitors such an effing handicap? If it is the incompetence it looks like to me, in order for the "business" in Petrie speak to move forward, previous incompetents at their jobs need to be moved on quick style. Goodbye alleged chairman & alleged manager. Tenure failure, supporters deserted, time to fall on sword. Dignity, I think it's been labelled.Good point about use of "we" . Sick of reading "we" and "everyone" wanted TB in and Fenlon out ( and other things ) . Certainly doesn`t reflect my opinión or that of other Hibs fans I know .

HoboHarry
14-05-2014, 11:19 PM
"We" getting used far far too often. Butcher is here now. Petries appointment. Untenable. Makes Petrie untenable. Petrie yet again made an arse of appointment of Hibs manager. Get rid of both. Rapido Simples. Why is the basics, like being a fairly biggish team in a poor league wi mair money than almost all your competitors such an effing handicap? If it is the incompetence it looks like to me, in order for the "business" in Petrie speak to move forward, previous incompetents at their jobs need to be moved on quick style. Goodbye alleged chairman & alleged manager. Tenure failure, supporters deserted, time to fall on sword. Dignity, I think it's been labelled.
Nonsense and a re-writing of history at it's best. There was a distinct lack of complaints from Hibs fans at the time of the appointment of TB and MM and now that it hasn't gone well to this point it's suddenly and entirely predictably RP'S fault. Had it been a roaring success you and your ilk would have been claiming that it was because RP had been listening to the fans. :rolleyes:

Sunny1875
15-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Terry and Maurice either take the players dinner money or they make them do things they don't want to do like press-ups and running.

I heard they have been giving the squad wedgies in training a guy who is an agent told me..... admittedly he is a news agent

matty_f
15-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Our ambitions as a club should be at least twice that of ICT. IF we go down. We aint coming straight back up.

Why wouldn't we come straight back up?

southern hibby
15-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Doesn't matter which way any Hibs fan wants to paint this picture ( called Hibernian FC ). When it comes to managers and teams I'n the top 6 we are without doubt a joke., laughing stock, call us what you might.

It's not a matter of where we are per say, BUT what we do to address this situation. We appoint managers ( they fail ) we scream like petulant little 2 year olds having a tantrum ( which I believe is every fans right at any club if they feel they have just cause to do so). But what can we do now to change this situation?
Do we stick with Butcher and hope he is the man to change us around? On showings at the club so far, very very doubtful. One tactic and very seldom willing to change it. Substitutions have been woeful and subs not given time to at least come on and settle into the game never mind change it. OR
Do we sack Butcher and start again? If we sack him do we have the finances I'n place to pay him off get a new manager I'n and give him money to get new players I'n and pay off players contracts who are not good enough? Not sure we do have this money. I believe this is why Butcher never brought I'n any players except the 3 he did. Because we don't have the money available.

I believe we should persist with Butcher ( though I have seen nothing that has shown me he can get any better , at Hibs anyway) except for one comment / statement from him saying players arnt good enough arnt wanted. This proves to me he is saying what we have known for a while now.

One last thing and this is a personal point of view if we keep changing we really are going to be I'n limbo with dead end players the new manager, when he comes I'n and is stuck with can't move on or pay of contract. GGTTH

DH1875
15-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Why wouldn't we come straight back up?

Because Rangers and hearts would finish above us. Even to make the playoff we'd have to beat one of them over two legs and the beat an SPL side. Might not sit nice but I can't see us coming straight back up if we go down.

Oscar T Grouch
15-05-2014, 08:47 AM
No one has answered the question, where do we get the cash to sack this management team? It's fine saying sack the, but the practicalities arenae straightforward.

matty_f
15-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Because Rangers and hearts would finish above us. Even to make the playoff we'd have to beat one of them over two legs and the beat an SPL side. Might not sit nice but I can't see us coming straight back up if we go down.

Why would Hearts finish above us? :confused: