PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thompson

greenpaper55
12-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Back for the play offs according to the EN. http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-back-for-hibs-play-off-1-3407465

madhatter
12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Back for the play offs according to the EN. http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-back-for-hibs-play-off-1-3407465

That's good news.

How is Kevin Thomson looking though? Only kidding :greengrin

steviehibsleith
12-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Massive boost that is as long as our manager decides to pick him !

Elephant Stone
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

That team, properly organised, should not have to move out of second gear to beat a team from the division below, IMO.

Golden Bear
12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

That team, properly organised, should not have to move out of second gear to beat a team from the division below, IMO.

The key words.

col02
12-05-2014, 11:53 AM
New deal for Thomson would be a massive boost too imho.

proud_and_green
12-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Is that not the sort of attitude that usually sees us getting beaten by 'lesser' opposition.

I want to see Hibs playing, working and fighting at 100% for the whole game!

Weststandwanab
12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
[/B]

Is that not the sort of attitude that usually sees us getting beaten by 'lesser' opposition.

I want to see Hibs playing, working and fighting at 100% for the whole game! I would prefer to see that over both games.

Elephant Stone
12-05-2014, 12:07 PM
[/B]

I want to see Hibs playing, working and fighting at 100% for the whole game!

I'm just talking about capability, don't actually think they should play in second gear.

Onion
12-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Hibs should be lining up a closed-doors friendly match for Thompson and others before next Wed to give them some match time and work on stuff.

JimBHibees
12-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Brilliant. :greengrin

We cant score or beat an egg at the moment we are more than capable of losing the play off against teams likely playing better than us at present.

My team would be:

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Heff
Cummings

John_the_angus_hibby
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Best news today. The Heff and Collins actually had good movement but there was nobody to provide decent balls through. Could have made a huge difference to the result of the first half on Saturday, and hopefully the play offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_the_angus_hibby
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

100% agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BH Hibs
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Can we stop calling him ****ing Thompson it's Thomson FFS. :grr:

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

:hilarious

sven nil
12-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Hibs should be lining up a closed-doors friendly match for Thompson and others before next Wed to give them some match time and work on stuff. I would not take the chance of Kevin getting injured,And difficult to arrange friendly as the seasons finished.

BH Hibs
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Personally wouldn't have Mcgivern at Lb. Either CH or dropped for me.

JimBHibees
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I would not take the chance of Kevin getting injured,And difficult to arrange friendly as the seasons finished.

Can play a couple of bounce games with the 20s though the possibility of getting heavily beaten may further dent confidence levels. :greengrin

J-C
12-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Take away Nelson and replace with McGivern, put Stevenson to LB and swap Collins for Cummings

greenpaper55
12-05-2014, 12:48 PM

What's a "P" unless you are Garry Locke !.

Gettin' Auld
12-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Personally wouldn't have Mcgivern at Lb. Either CH or dropped for me.

Maybury can play left back instead of McGivern

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Stevenson has seldom let us down when it comes to the crunch I'd find a place for him in the squad.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Replace Collins with Leigh Griffiths and we wouldn't be in the s*** we are today. Plus a bit of common sense tactics and motivation from our management team.

Lucius Apuleius
12-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Replace Collins with Leigh Griffiths and we wouldn't be in the s*** we are today. Plus a bit of common sense tactics and motivation from our management team.

If only we had paid Wolves that 150k.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
If only we had paid Wolves that 150k.

Yep. If only mate. £150k compared to the financial disaster that would befall the club if relegated.

The_Horde
12-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Mcpake Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson Stanton

Cummings Heffernan

Aldo
12-05-2014, 08:02 PM
;4010714"]Williams Forster Nelson Mcpake Stevenson Harris Robertson Thomson Stanton Cummings Heffernan

Looks good Slenj....... But golden Baws McGivern will be in in place of Lewis.... You can guarentee that. TB must see something.

At least when Lewis plays you know exactly what yur going to get!!

Potty78
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I think a middle three of Craig, Thomson and Robertson is our best option. Harris and perhaps Stanton on either wing. If not Sam then watmore. Sam looked knackered on sat. Maybe needs a rest. Upfront who knows though. Despite maybury being our best player on sat. That would be my back four. Forster nelson mcgivern and lewis. Opinions eh!

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 08:16 PM
I think a middle three of Craig, Thomson and Robertson is our best option. Harris and perhaps Stanton on either wing. If not Sam then watmore. Sam looked knackered on sat. Maybe needs a rest. Upfront who knows though. Despite maybury being our best player on sat. That would be my back four. Forster nelson mcgivern and lewis. Opinions eh!

I'd agree about Sammy - was surprised how weak physically he looked. Actually looked drained. I wouldn't have him in my starting line up. Wouldn't have Craig either. The play off games, if against Hamilton, will be played at pace and Craig plays in slow motion.

We need energy all over the park - Hamilton are a good side and I predict they'll cuff Falkirk.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2014, 08:16 PM

This

You beat me to it BH :greengrin

Northernhibee
12-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Heffernan
Collins

Honestly, I don't think we can risk McPake when he hasn't played in so long.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-05-2014, 08:26 PM
;4010714']Williams

Forster Nelson Mcpake Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson Stanton

Cummings Heffernan

This is the one for me!

McPake may be rusty but he must be better than McGivern has been. Maybury has lacked pace as well, so dropping him wouldn't be a bad thing.

MacGruber
13-05-2014, 06:41 AM
I would risk McPake. The risk isn't bringing someone in to a well drilled functioning defence, we are losing soft goals though the middle on a game by game basis. It's a chance to improve the defence whereas if it backfires it's just the status quo.

Also, for the first game I'd play 4-5-1. Would play 4-4-2 at Easter Road (unless in the unlikely event we win the first game by a couple then retain 4-5-1). Horses for courses.

Away

...............................Williams

..........Foster.. . McPake....Nelson.......McGivern

Stanton.. Robertson...Thomson....Craig.... Stevenson

...........................Heffernan.............. .............

Bring on Harris for Stevenson

Home

.....................Williams

Foster......McPake......Nelson........Stevenson

Stanton.... Robertson... Thomson.....Craig

............Heffernan.... Cummings

Bringing on Harris or Collins if needing to push on for goals

Bringing on OTJ or Tiawo if protecting the lead

* OTJ to push for goals doesn't work.

J-C
13-05-2014, 07:06 AM
I would risk McPake. The risk isn't bringing someone in to a well drilled functioning defence, we are losing soft goals though the middle on a game by game basis. It's a chance to improve the defence whereas if it backfires it's just the status quo.

Also, for the first game I'd play 4-5-1. Would play 4-4-2 at Easter Road (unless in the unlikely event we win the first game by a couple then retain 4-5-1). Horses for courses.

Away

Home

:top marks

California-Hibs
13-05-2014, 07:35 AM

Away

Home

Formation, team, and substitutions bang on 100% for both games!

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 07:39 AM
I'd rather have a defence of.Forster McPake McGivern Stevenson....Michael Nelson is just hopeless...far to slow, if we play Falkirk I wouldn't put Nelson anywhere near that game

Drewster
13-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Nelson is terrible and Maybury has been very solid since he's came back in! The back 4 against Ross County did very well except for a stupid penalty!!?

McGivern is not good at left back, but much better as a left sided centre back.

Williams

Maybury Foster McGivern Stevenson

Tudor Jones Thomson

Stanton Craig Harris

Heffernan

NOLA
13-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Good news, hope he's found his shooting boots

J-C
13-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Nelson is terrible and Maybury has been very solid since he's came back in! The back 4 against Ross County did very well except for a stupid penalty!!?

McGivern is not good at left back, but much better as a left sided centre back.

Williams

Maybury Foster McGivern Stevenson

Tudor Jones Thomson

Stanton Craig Harris

Heffernan

You'd leave out Robertson?

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2014, 09:03 AM
I'd rather have a defence of.Forster McPake McGivern Stevenson....Michael Nelson is just hopeless...far to slow, if we play Falkirk I wouldn't put Nelson anywhere near that game

:agree:

TornadoHibby
13-05-2014, 08:54 PM
You'd leave out Robertson?

Good question! :agree:

.Sean.
13-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Nelson, Collins and McGivern wouldn't even be on the bench for me. Rather have inexperienced teenagers than any of those 3.

hhibs
13-05-2014, 09:40 PM

Away

Home

Cannot agree with this ,we absolutely must win away,which means to me 442,we will not win at home if we need a win. We simply must take the pressure of our chocolate footballers by somehow winning away,
God this is so bloody awful......... it is hard to bare!

Dr Jimmy
13-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Couldn't agree more. We MUST win the first leg. If we don't, whoever we play will allow us to have the ball whilst they flood the midfield safe in the knowledge we can't break them down then they will hit us on the break.
The first leg result is massive.

Ronniekirk
14-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Nelson, Collins and McGivern wouldn't even be on the bench for me. Rather have inexperienced teenagers than any of those 3.
Some folk have been saying that for months and he hasn't even put any of them on the bench to at least bring them on for fifteen or twenty minutes to give them some experience so he won't do it now .The fact he continues to put faith in players who have not produced time and time again has been one of the reasons for our protracted slump in form .They are in a rut and so is T B , am hoping that somehow he gets them in a different mind set for play offs and fact it's over two games might mean if we don't loose early goal it takes some pressure off the players and they seize their chance to in part repay the fans and restore some self pride as a team and as individuals .

They will either use all the negative press and regroup and be determined to prove everyone wrong or if they will stick to Hoofball when things appear to be going against them It will be apparent once we settle into first game if there is a change .when we miss a few chances or hit post there is almost a collective oh no not again , this isn't going to be our day , we get no luck mentality evident as players stand in disbelief letting opposition know that it's getting to them Craig even looked back at the bench after his shot hit the bar as if to say see I tried my best but Nae luck . I know I am labouring the point but they really need to keep a tempo and work ethic up that
Let's the opposition see the heads won't go down .If they don't do that it' gives a Psychological advantage to opponents as body language gives that away .McPake would change that aspect by driving them on and speaking to players as k T was against thistle and maybe it's that wee change that could make the difference .
A bruising second leg between accies and Falkirk going to extra time wouldn't go amiss iether