12-05-2014, 11:31 AM
If true he's really unlucky.

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I would take him

You serious??

Stevie Reid
12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Unbelievably harsh. Has he not led them to their two highest SPL finishes, as well as winning the league cup? With decisions like this being made, it's a miracle TB still has a job.

That said, the penalty decision against Motherwell transformed their season - we've been awful for a long time, but that kind of luck has eluded us this season, with some shockers going against us as well.

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
You serious??

Yes absolutely 100% I would take him. I would rather have Gary Locke in charge for the next week.

GlasgowHibee
12-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Was he not out of contract?

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 11:37 AM

My understanding was that it was not getting renewed.

col02
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM

Yes he was at the end of his contract so rather than having been sacked he has not had his contract renewed. Game of managerial swings and roundabouts coming up this Summer perhaps.

DTS
Just been announced on sky sports news

hibee_girl
Not sacked just not getting a new contract.

Maybe that's what we should have done with Fenlon! :greengrin

number 27
12-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Unbelievably harsh. Has he not led them to their two highest SPL finishes, as well as winning the league cup? With decisions like this being made, it's a miracle TB still has a job.

That said, the penalty decision against Motherwell transformed their season - we've been awful for a long time, but that kind of luck has eluded us this season, with some shockers going against us as well.

The penalty we did not get at the end of the 2-3 game was a scandalous decision which probably ended up being very significant in terms of where we both ended up.

Michael
12-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes absolutely 100% I would take him. I would rather have Gary Locke in charge for the next week.

Right, I'll probably get torn a new one for this...but Locke has done okay all things considered. He earned something like 38 or 39 points with that rubbish hearts team and beat us 3 times in the league.

Even hearts fans think he's useless. I don't get it entirely.

Winston Ingram
12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
You serious??

I would take him over TB, that's about it

3pm
12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
His jumper / blazer combinations are of a high standard.

southsider
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Both sacked managers have a far better record than Butcher so Petrie as your last act how about a treble ?

Keith_M
12-05-2014, 11:55 AM
i don't understand that at all.

Given the size of the club, his record in the league is very good. Add to that he won the club their first trophy in 26 years.

Is their NO loyalty, or even sense of perspective any more?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2014, 11:58 AM
You could tell by his interview after their game on Saturday that it was game over for him at the helm in Paisley.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I feel a bit sorry for him.

I think the issue is that he was brought in to kick on in the league from Gus McPherson but they have still hovered around the lower reaches the last couple of seasons.

Cup wins are soon forgotten if you aren't playing well and winning most weeks.

Gus Fring
12-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Right, I'll probably get torn a new one for this...but Locke has done okay all things considered. He earned something like 38 or 39 points with that rubbish hearts team and beat us 3 times in the league.

Even hearts fans think he's useless. I don't get it entirely.

Hearts only started playing well when they were mathematically relegated and it didn't matter anymore. When the pressure was on they were atrocious

heretoday
12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Come back to Easter Road!

Greenworld
12-05-2014, 12:02 PM

He was but its the same thing however you like to
put it

Onion
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Hearts only started playing well when they were mathematically relegated and it didn't matter anymore. When the pressure was on they were atrocious

:top marks They couldn't hack it when it really mattered.

Just like us :rolleyes:

nribs
12-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I would take him
He is yours enjoy :)

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Ask any Saints fan they will tell you he's a poor manager. He may well be better than what we have I don't know. But let's not get carried away by going from one bad manager to the next.

Better managers out there right now who I'm sure would take this job.

heretoday
12-05-2014, 12:11 PM
If you look at Lennon's record it's hard to understand why he has been let go. He might fancy life under director Craig Levein at Hearts. I'd rather he came to us. One thing is sure he'll not be out of work long.

JimBHibees
12-05-2014, 12:39 PM

As did the penalty shout at ER when the St Mirren player played handball in the last minute which gave them a 3 point jump on us when it should have been level.

ALF TUPPER
12-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Feel sorry for Lennon. Was doing okay. Interesting times down Paisley Way too then

Sir David Gray
12-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Seems to be unpopular but I wouldn't want him at Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Given the size of the club, his record in the league is very good. Add to that he won the club their first trophy in 26 years.

Agreed. St Mirren will do well to find a manager who can do better. They might regret this.

lucky
12-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Saints fans wanted rid of him. I would hate it if he got the Hibs job

The Sea-gull
12-05-2014, 01:25 PM
I would take him

For a pint?

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Ask any Saints fan they will tell you he's a poor manager. He may well be better than what we have I don't know. But let's not get carried away by going from one bad manager to the next.

A manager is also about fit. Terry Butcher was good on paper Jim Duffy had done well at Dundee. Mowbray hadn't any history. What they do at previous club only decides what jobs they might get offered not necessarily how good they do.

IMO I think he may do well here. We have nothing to go on to say good or bad. At this juncture I would offer him 12mths rolling contract. There is plenty to suggest TB isn't right Lennon is a chance and I am up for a chance than inevitable.

flash
12-05-2014, 02:06 PM
How many points were ICT above St Mirren last season?

Stevie Reid
12-05-2014, 02:06 PM

I would imagine that there's plenty of Saints fans who also recognise how good a job he's done, with some good football played along the way.

There are plenty folk on here who insist Collins was a poor manager for us. Fans of clubs whose successes are few and far between, yet write of those responsible for such successes really wind me up.

Had you asked any Saints fan when Lennon was appointed if they would accept the league finishes he had along with the cup win, every single one of them would have bitten your hand off.

Captain Trips
12-05-2014, 02:17 PM
How many points were ICT above St Mirren last season?

ICT were way above us. What a manager does at previous club isn't indicative always of what will occur at a new club with new players and new circumstance.

There are lots of factors and TB on paper therefore should have won us more games. St Mirren started the split bottom of the teams (except hearts). Battled and swapped places with us.

Speedway
12-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Barry the Crab was quoted for this job last week.

12-05-2014, 04:06 PM

Exactly what I thought as well, defo harsh on him I think.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Didn't understand when they sacked Gus McPherson and don't understand this either.

Anyway .... poor wee Danny looks like he has aged about 10 years in the last two seasons .... I hope he can afford to take 6 months off and come back into the game refreshed.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 07:38 PM
It seems the only certainty in football nowadays is that the manager will get the sack. Whether fans think the manager/coach deserves it or not is immaterial.

Brunswickbill
12-05-2014, 10:16 PM
I'd put money on Steven Thomson. I think they prefer the "posh boy" to the wee man frae Ferguslie. They are already paying him as a player so player manager wouldn't cost much more. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some understanding about succession when Thomson signed for St Mirren. He could have gone elsewhere, including Hibs, but chose to go to The Saints.

Diclonius
13-05-2014, 01:05 AM
I'd put money on Steven Thomson. I think they prefer the "posh boy" to the wee man frae Ferguslie. They are already paying him as a player so player manager wouldn't cost much more. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some understanding about succession when Thomson signed for St Mirren. He could have gone elsewhere, including Hibs, but chose to go to The Saints.

He's a boyhood St Mirren fan.

basehibby
13-05-2014, 01:40 AM

:agree: Bizzare decision by St Midden really - keeping them up for a couple of seasons is not under-performing for a club like Saints - But he wins them a cup AS WELL and gets the hoof for his trouble?!? :confused:

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 06:29 AM
I can totally understand the decision from St Mirren not to re-new Danny's contract, in hindsight he's done superb, they hadn't got as high as 8th since 1989 yet Lennon achieved this twice in his four years and also won them the Scottish League Cup.

His record will make him go down in History as one of their best bosses but probably wont be appreciated for a few more years yet.

Here's the thing though, I think it was the right decision, I don't think Danny Lennon was ever going to push St Mirren on, I'm not sure anyone ever will push St Mirren on but thats not the point, I think managers at clubs like St Mirren who will be doing well to stay up year on year have a shelf life of around 3/4 years, after that I think it begins to look a little to predictble, a new manager will reinvigorate the Team and the fans, he'll likely be very lucky to do as well as Lennon but I think the freshness offers fans new hope that probably had vanished.

Ronniekirk
13-05-2014, 06:45 AM
I can totally understand the decision from St Mirren not to re-new Danny's contract, in hindsight he's done superb, they hadn't got as high as 8th since 1989 yet Lennon achieved this twice in his four years and also won them the Scottish League Cup.

His record will make him go down in History as one of their best bosses but probably wont be appreciated for a few more years yet.

Here's the thing though, I think it was the right decision, I don't think Danny Lennon was ever going to push St Mirren on, I'm not sure anyone ever will push St Mirren on but thats not the point, I think managers at clubs like St Mirren who will be doing well to stay up year on year have a shelf life of around 3/4 years, after that I think it begins to look a little to predictble, a new manager will reinvigorate the Team and the fans, he'll likely be very lucky to do as well as Lennon but I think the freshness offers fans new hope that probably had vanished.

There Board feel that Danny's mandate was to get them into the Top Six and he hasn't managed that. They will now feel with Hear7s down and the possibility of us joining them next Season ,its there chance to do that with the right Manager .Will there Ambition be rewarded ? Who knows ,but at least they still have some as it would have been easy to stick with him another year .

Nutmegged
13-05-2014, 07:25 AM
There Board feel that Danny's mandate was to get them into the Top Six and he hasn't managed that. They will now feel with Hear7s down and the possibility of us joining them next Season ,its there chance to do that with the right Manager .Will there Ambition be rewarded ? Who knows ,but at least they still have some as it would have been easy to stick with him another year .

Don't know about that mandate Ronnie, who said that? Danny himself said yesterday that he met his pre-season target so felt he "kept his end of the bargain"

Jim44
13-05-2014, 07:28 AM

I honestly don't think our presence or absence in the top flight would be of the slightest concern to St Mirren.

Brunswickbill
13-05-2014, 07:47 AM
I seem to remember an interview with TB on the tele when St Mirren couldn't get a result at the beginning of the season and ICT were really flying. I seem to recall that he was saying that Lennon should be given time and things would turn around. He said that Lennon had been on the phone asking for advice on how to turn things around and get his players motivated or words to that effect. Oh the irony! Am I imaging that? :confused: