PDA

View Full Version : Managerial changes in Scotland this summer

The Sea-gull
12-05-2014, 09:41 AM
The news that Levein is coming to Hearts got me thinking about where we could see changes this year and there could be quite a few.

Motherwell - There have been attempts to poach McCall before and he has resisted. He may look to move now while his stock is high as he may be thinking now is the right time to move. I have a feeling he is holding out for the The Rangers job though one bad season at Well could see him out of that.

St Mirren - Sounds as though Danny Lennon is a goner - possibly announced today.

Kilmarnock - The Killie chairman did not exactly sound sure he would retian Johnston though he has a year left on his contract and they might see it as a needless expense to sack him now.

Hearts - Looks like Locke is gone, from the no 1 job anyway.

Dundee United - Blackpool keen on Jac Mac, may be others too. Could he go out on a high with a cup win or decide to go to avoid bad feeling if they lose cup final.

Celtic - Lennon being linked with Norwich for a while now but now that they are down, can't see him wanting to go there. EPL team offers him a job and he is gone IMHO. What price him going to Newcastle and David Moyes going to Celtic?

Hibernian - I think it is simple - win play off and Butcher stays, lose and bad feeling will make it very difficult for club to keep him. Might be a case of new league, new CEO, new manager. If we do go down and keep TB, he certainly wouldn't survive a bad first 3 or 4 games.

stantonhibby
12-05-2014, 09:59 AM
The news that Levein is coming to Hearts got me thinking about where we could see changes this year and there could be quite a few.

Motherwell - There have been attempts to poach McCall before and he has resisted. He may look to move now while his stock is high as he may be thinking now is the right time to move. I have a feeling he is holding out for the The Rangers job though one bad season at Well could see him out of that.

St Mirren - Sounds as though Danny Lennon is a goner - possibly announced today.

Kilmarnock - The Killie chairman did not exactly sound sure he would retian Johnston though he has a year left on his contract and they might see it as a needless expense to sack him now.

Hearts - Looks like Locke is gone, from the no 1 job anyway.

Dundee United - Blackpool keen on Jac Mac, may be others too. Could he go out on a high with a cup win or decide to go to avoid bad feeling if they lose cup final.

Celtic - Lennon being linked with Norwich for a while now but now that they are down, can't see him wanting to go there. EPL team offers him a job and he is gone IMHO. What price him going to Newcastle and David Moyes going to Celtic?

Hibernian - I think it is simple - win play off and Butcher stays, lose and bad feeling will make it very difficult for club to keep him. Might be a case of new league, new CEO, new manager. If we do go down and keep TB, he certainly wouldn't survive a bad first 3 or 4 games.

Re Hibs agree - if we do get off to a bad start next year ( regardless of which league) and he is sacked we are faced with the scenario again of a new guy having to work with someone else's players. The board may take the view that they have already seen enough of TB & MP and let someone else rebuild this summer.

MrRobot
12-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Butcher won't go in the summer. I just cannot see it happening at all, regardless of the outcome.

calumhibee1
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Butcher won't go in the summer. I just cannot see it happening at all, regardless of the outcome.

Neither can I. Even if we got absolutely humped in the playoff I think he'd still be here.

yeezus.
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Greenock Morton are after Stranraer manager Steve Aitken but I doubt he'll leave the Toon.

DH1875
12-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Neither can I. Even if we got absolutely humped in the playoff I think he'd still be here.

I think he'll stay but surely if get humped of a first division side he'll walk. Would be bad enough losing out by a goal or two but if its say 4 or 5 over the two legs he'd have to go (which I don't think will happen, hence why I think he will be staying).

alfieboi75
12-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm still 50/50 with Butcher. I've been told he will get it right, but 13 games without a win and hardly scoring goals how much longer can he go!?

He doesn't show much creditials for his managerial career, despite a good spell at Motherwell even though he worked on financial restraints.

If, and please don't let it happen, Hibs got relegated then it would be 2/3 seasons for us to gain possible promotion which the club cannot afford.

Oh man....cannot even bear to think of a possibly lost to either Championship club in play offs!!

🙏🙏🙏🙏

jacomo
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM

I think his position will be untenable if we're relegated, I really do.

TB's whole message has been about positivity and sticking together - how can he possibly rally the club for a season in the Championship when he's one of the main reasons for division?

If we do go down, TB should walk and retain some dignity. Hopefully he's spending every possible moment between now and the play offs working out how to avoid that scenario.

Oh, and Rangers should really empty Sally for being sh*** but I don't think they will. He must know where the bodies are buried or something.