PDA

View Full Version : What a week ahead for Athletico Madrid

Hibbyradge
12-05-2014, 08:22 AM
The league title will be decided at the Camp Nou on Sunday 18th after both Atletico and Barcelona were held yesterday.

Then, 6 days later they face Real Madrid in the CL final.

It must be an amazing time to be an Atletico fan.

DarrenSQH
12-05-2014, 08:46 AM
I think they may have blown it. Its been a strange 2 weeks in La Liga. Its like no one wants to win it.

JeMeSouviens
12-05-2014, 08:50 AM
It's Atlético!

... and the team in Bilbao are Athletic (named by English expats).

There is no "Athletico".

/pedant

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2014, 08:52 AM
A wonder save in the last couple of minutes denied them the title last night.

HH81
12-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Lose both must be decent odds?

Hibbyradge
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
It's Atlético!

... and the team in Bilbao are Athletic (named by English expats).

There is no "Athletico".

/pedant

An H, an H, my kingdom for an H! :na na:

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM
They're going to blow it, aren't they? The signs are they're bottling it in La Liga. I hope they win it, they deserve it when battling against two giants who have so much more financial muscle.

CB_NO3
12-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I think they will get a point at the Nou Camp and win the title. I think Barca are a shadow of the team they were. I think Atletico will be too strong physically for them. I think Real will just pip them to the champions league but. I think the occasion might just be one step too far.

Would love to see them do the double.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2014, 05:32 PM
They're going to blow it, aren't they? The signs are they're bottling it in La Liga. I hope they win it, they deserve it when battling against two giants who have so much more financial muscle.Real Madrid have bottled La Liga much more than they have, if they won their last 3 games they would be 2 points clear.

12-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Really hope they win the CL and La Liga. Nothing against Real Madrid and Barcalona, both fantastic clubs but always nice to see someone different win these things.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I think they will get a point at the Nou Camp and win the title. I think Barca are a shadow of the team they were. I think Atletico will be too strong physically for them. I think Real will just pip them to the champions league but. I think the occasion might just be one step too far.

Would love to see them do the double.

The thing is Barca at Camp Nou needing the win to be champions. I wouldn't be surprised if the ref has a 'dodgy' moment. I hope Atletico get the point they need.

3pm
12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know how the 'what a 2 weeks for Hibs' thread is going on their forum?!

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Reminds me a bit of Leverkusen back in 2002.

Could have won 2 trophies and the league and ended up with none.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know how the 'what a 2 weeks for Hibs' thread is going on their forum?!

It's been closed for our own good.

cabbageandribs1875
12-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Reminds me a bit of Leverkusen back in 2002.

Could have won 2 trophies and the league and ended up with none.

that must be terribly heart breaking for a team to come so close, i mind a poxy wee scottish club nearly done the double in the mid 1980's

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 05:39 PM
that must be terribly heart breaking for a team to come so close, i mind a poxy wee scottish club nearly done the double in the mid 1980's

pleasing

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Reminds me a wee bit of our situation in 2012.

What a chance for Atletico to stuff Real's umpteen European cups down their throat by beating them in the final.

Good luck to them

R11Loaded
12-05-2014, 06:16 PM
If we had only invested after the 2007 cup final we could have been in their shoes!!!! 😝😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC_Hibs
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM

What a chance for Atletico to stuff Real's umpteen European cups down their throat by beating them in the final.

Good luck to them

Not forgetting to stuff those other corporate wh0res Bartha for the league as well.
Like two cheeks to us minnows eh pal!!

Dr Jimmy
12-05-2014, 08:25 PM
They've also just agreed to sell Diego Costa to Chelsea for £32 million.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
They've also just agreed to sell Diego Costa to Chelsea for £32 million.

Tremendous signing for them

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Not forgetting to stuff those other corporate wh0res Bartha for the league as well.
Like two cheeks to us minnows eh pal!!

Ach ....... no sae much the corporate thing, though that is a factor ......... But it must be hard going if you support Atletico, or Espanyol or 1860 Munich or Everton or Man City ( not lately ... lol ) or a number of other clubs who have had to suffer watching much bigger more successful neighbours living it up while you suck it up.

Its bad enough having rivals like us who only think they are billy big baws ....... it must be even worse when your rivals can actually point to the trophies to prove it.

That's why I'll be cheering on Atletico ....... though usually I couldn't give a Rats ass about the corporate greed fest which is the laughably named Champions league.

Waxy
12-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Barca sub Alberto kiddo will score a late double to rip the title from their hands. Then they'll lose the big cup final also.

macca70
12-05-2014, 10:53 PM
The league title will be decided at the Camp Nou on Sunday 18th after both Atletico and Barcelona were held yesterday.

Then, 6 days later they face Real Madrid in the CL final.

It must be an amazing time to be an Atletico fan.

Athletico v Barca La Liga decider is this Saturday (17th May) with 5pm KO.

Scottish Cup Final better no go to Extra Time.

VivaHiberña
13-05-2014, 05:10 PM
As someone with a lot of family from Madrid I can tell you that even by Christmas time there were a lot of Real supporters wanting Atleti to win the league, now that it's between them and Barcelona they've got the whole city behind them.

It'll be back to business as usual building up to the CL final though, the more I think about it the more obvious the parallels between this final and the 2012 SC final are ("big team", "special relationship with this cup" etc).

jacomo
13-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Good luck to them

Yes, prolonging the wait for the decima as well.

IberianHibernian
13-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Hoping Atlético do the doublé but have my doubts . Hopefully their morale won`t collapse if they don`t win league . Think there is some Hibs content here - Atlético are a big club but nowhere near as big as Barca or Real M and probably not much bigger if at all than Valencia , Athletic Bilbao or Seville clubs - but fans ( and Madrid press ) still expect them to compete for honours every year and to finish 3rd to 5th and win a cup in bad years . Whatever happens in next 10 days is obviously special for AM but they have spent a few seasons in the second división in the last 20 years ( Valencia and both Seville clubs too ) and I won`t be at all surprised if they do the doublé this year but are in 2nd división in 2 or 3 years time . Hibs . Hearts and Aberdeen are the AM of Scotland - fans expect ( rightly so - I`m not accepting any mediocrity and think we have been unambitious on and off the pitch for too long ) success but sometimes that is at the cost of failure later on . Problem with us is that we had no great success before to compensate for present failure .

majorhibs
13-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Nobody else a bit hacked off at A.Madrid's "diddy mcdonald & sandy jardine" style of industrial physical if it moves too quick boot it out of existence style of football? 3 times I have watched them basically cripple Iniesta in the first 45 always different players but keeping it just inside what the refs giving a card for, I enjoyed seeing them do Chelsea cos I don't like them too much for their physical nonsense but to me anyway At. Madrid are about the biggest best most effective cloggers around the now, front to back they all know how to put the boot in & how to play the victim & play the ref, Mebbes just me but it takes a bit off their performances far as I can see. I do think their on loan keeper is class, but I also don't get the elevation of DIego COsta to world class performer. IMO in a year or two he will be found out.