PDA

View Full Version : Forster

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Thought he had a good game yesterday and was my MOTM but how many goals has he cost us, as much as he does good things he is culpable for a lot of goals we conceded IMO. We have missed Hanlon Hugely since his injury and I have huge concerns over our current ch pairing. Nelson obviously is slow as a week in the jail and I appreciate Jordan is young and learning but we aren't blessed with a platform to have this learning opportunity at the moment. I'd bring McPake back in to shake things up a bit and provide that leadership quality in addition.

Callum_62
11-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Thought he had a good game yesterday and was my MOTM but how many goals has he cost us, as much as he does good things he is culpable for a lot of goals we conceded IMO. We have missed Hanlon Hugely since his injury and I have huge concerns over our current ch pairing. Nelson obviously is slow as a week in the jail and I appreciate Jordan is young and learning but we aren't blessed with a platform to have this learning opportunity at the moment. I'd bring McPake back in to shake things up a bit and provide that leadership quality in addition.

I like forster at RB

Not sure of him a CH at this stage

He has many good qualities though

No chance hanlon to return for play off?

We have missed him badly

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Don't think he is a RB and considering that isn't his prefered position he has done well to adapt.

TheFamous1875
11-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I thought he was fantastic, especially before the goal. At the time I blamed him for the goal but after seeing the highlights I think Maybury is just as culpable. They both left him for a split second. You can't do that with strikers of his quality. Forster needs to learn that, and Maybury should know better and help the young guy through. Incidentally I thought Maybury was brilliant yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 10:01 PM
His marking of opposition players is absolutely terrible. Costing us goals every week.

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 10:02 PM
In the crucial situation we`re in now , we can`t point the finger at any individual and have to back all the players and management . Considering his age , Forster is great and I reckon almost any team in top league would be interested in him - he`s a possible goalscorer ( good shot yesterday and well - directed header at Tynecastle ) and can play at full back or in centre .

kaimendhibs
11-05-2014, 10:03 PM
His marking of opposition players is absolutely terrible. Costing us goals every week.

Agree. He lost Boyd for the goal yesterday, how people blame Maybury is lost on me.

Sent from my iphone

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Despite some clangers between the two CHs yesterday, they were both obviously trying. We don't expect pace from Nelson but there was at least one moment where I thought he was never going to retrieve the situation and he did, maybe through adrenaline!

I agree with you, Hanlon is a big miss. It's funny how his usual critics aren't posting about the difference we are seeing without him :greengrin.

Re Forster, I posted elsewhere that essentially we are talking about a player with barely more than a couple of dozen games under his belt, yet we are looking for him to make a difference in desperate times. It's great learning for him but not ideal for the club, no way.

A fit Hanlon and McPake would be a shoo-in and McPake's leadership qualities in particular would be welcome. If we can't get Hanlon back then it feels like a choice between McPake, Forster and Nelson for two central spots, assuming Maybury stays at RB. I would be happy enough to see him stay there for the play-offs, so it feels like a decision about whether McPake is fit enough and if so, then whether Nelson's experience and hardiness is preferable to Forster's enthusiasm and more natural talent.

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Despite some clangers between the two CHs yesterday, they were both obviously trying. We don't expect pace from Nelson but there was at least one moment where I thought he was never going to retrieve the situation and he did, maybe through adrenaline!

I agree with you, Hanlon is a big miss. It's funny how his usual critics aren't posting about the difference we are seeing without him :greengrin.

Re Forster, I posted elsewhere that essentially we are talking about a player with barely more than a couple of dozen games under his belt, yet we are looking for him to make a difference in desperate times. It's great learning for him but not ideal for the club, no way.

A fit Hanlon and McPake would be a shoo-in and McPake's leadership qualities in particular would be welcome. If we can't get Hanlon back then it feels like a choice between McPake, Forster and Nelson for two central spots, assuming Maybury stays at RB. I would be happy enough to see him stay there for the play-offs, so it feels like a decision about whether McPake is fit enough and if so, then whether Nelson's experience and hardiness is preferable to Forster's enthusiasm and more natural talent.

Ive been a critic of Hanlon and stand by my views but I'm big enough to say he's been a miss and I've been on record saying how well he has done this season. I still think we need better but he's missed in this current team.

Onceinawhile
11-05-2014, 10:12 PM
He needs to do better defensively. Cost us the goal on Saturday, cost us two goals vs hearts as well. I'd stick him back out at right back to develop. Worked fine for Paul Hanlon on the opposite side.

wookie70
11-05-2014, 10:14 PM
At fault for the goal imo and lost Boyd for the header which Williams did well to save. He is learning his craft and looks to be one for the future. I don't think he is quite ready yet as he makes way too many mistakes per game quite a few of which have cost us goals. Not sure we have anyone better but as a partnership Forster and Nelson are very poor.

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Ive been a critic of Hanlon and stand by my views but I'm big enough to say he's been a miss and I've been on record saying how well he has done this season. I still think we need better but he's missed in this current team.

:agree:

Hanlon could go a couple of different ways. There's something there and he could progress and move to a stronger club. Equally so, he might not get that offer - so many variables in these things - and he's good enough not to have to go to somewhere lesser than Hibs (by that I mean, where we want and aim to be, rather than where we are just now).

Would love to see us in the position of bringing in a better, stronger CH alongside him, to give him more scope to develop as there is the potential there. Some players won't improve on what we've already seen but Hanlon looks like he could, given the right set-up around him (partner CH, coaching staff etc).

Suburban Hibby
11-05-2014, 10:35 PM
At fault for the goal imo and lost Boyd for the header which Williams did well to save. He is learning his craft and looks to be one for the future. I don't think he is quite ready yet as he makes way too many mistakes per game quite a few of which have cost us goals. Not sure we have anyone better but as a partnership Forster and Nelson are very poor.

Agree he has his faults but he also qualities whichs makes different from the rest of the back four

For one he busts a gut and cares- how many times did he chase down and win/tackle and win a ball without a foul- tell me McGivern and Nelson have the same commitment and u quite simply are wrong. Maybury u can forgive because he is a stop gap and he knows it and as-long as he does not step out of his comfort zone of basics he is acceptable.

Yesterday everything, absolutely everything from the back came through McGivern- the worst distributor of a ball I have ever seen- and I remember Stuart Turnbull & Benny!

Forster is one of the few who are interested- it's the work shy and hiders who are killing our club.

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 10:36 PM

I like Forster but he CANNOT be at CB for the playoffs IMO. He loses his man constantly and is a far better option at right back for me. Thats when I think he has had his best games for us.

He has lost his man against St Mirren and against Hearts twice that have cost us goals. He lost Boyd at the weekend twice once which cost us the goal. He also went walkabout against St Mirren costing us a goal.

People keep blaming Nelson but he hasnt directly cost us goals over the weeks, there is no doubt Forster has. I think if Maybury hadn't played so well against Partick and then again against Ross County Forster would have been at RB at the weekend.

He prefers to play centre half, and he could be a good one as he has all the attributes, but at the moment we cannot account for his lapses in concentration in such a key position.

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Agree he has his faults but he also qualities whichs makes different from the rest of the back four

For one he busts a gut and cares- how many times did he chase down and win/tackle and win a ball without a foul- tell me McGivern and Nelson have the same commitment and u quite simply are wrong. Maybury u can forgive because he is a stop gap and he knows it and as-long as he does not step out of his comfort zone of basics he is acceptable.

Yesterday everything, absolutely everything from the back came through McGivern- the worst distributor of a ball I have ever seen- and I remember Stuart Turnbull & Benny!

Forster is one of the few who are interested- it's the work shy and hiders who are killing our club.

Nelson has the same commitment. 100%. McGivern jury is out although I don't doubt he tries.

McGivern used to be good at distributing the ball (see some goals last season like Griffiths V Falkirk when he played a great ball behind for Harris) not sure whats happened to him

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 10:39 PM
:agree:

Hanlon could go a couple of different ways. There's something there and he could progress and move to a stronger club. Equally so, he might not get that offer - so many variables in these things - and he's good enough not to have to go to somewhere lesser than Hibs (by that I mean, where we want and aim to be, rather than where we are just now).

Would love to see us in the position of bringing in a better, stronger CH alongside him, to give him more scope to develop as there is the potential there. Some players won't improve on what we've already seen but Hanlon looks like he could, given the right set-up around him (partner CH, coaching staff etc).

Lets remember our defensive record is actually not that bad, and when Hanlon was in place it was very good.

The back four of Forster, Hanlon, Nelson and McGivern was quite a solid back four when you look back.

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Lets remember our defensive record is actually not that bad, and when Hanlon was in place it was very good.

The back four of Forster, Hanlon, Nelson and McGivern was quite a solid back four when you look back.

:agree: Fair point, a lot of us were very happy with that four at one stage. talk on here of the defence being settled and the like :greengrin

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Hope we have Forster tied up on a long term deal.

Very good prospect.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Forster at fault for the Boyd goal but it can't be any fun playing alongside Nelson.

I think Forster is a good young player who will get better. Nelson is a never was who will sadly still be at ER next season unless the year he has left on his contract is paid off.

GreenLake
12-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I like Forster in the other penalty box but he scares me in ours.

PeeJay
12-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Don't rate Foster much myself - his defensive behaviour is generally awful: he is frequently drawn/lured out of position, he fails to mark his man properly (too far away), losing him far too often - he may well be a threat in the penalty box (theirs) at crosses, but otherwise, I have been disappointed that he has failed to improve/progress. Seems a level-headed guy, gave a good interview on Hibs TV the other week - feel he really needed to improve by leaps and bounds to deserve any contract extension, but he hasn't ...

AlbertK86
12-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Despite some clangers between the two CHs yesterday, they were both obviously trying. We don't expect pace from Nelson but there was at least one moment where I thought he was never going to retrieve the situation and he did, maybe through adrenaline! I agree with you, Hanlon is a big miss. It's funny how his usual critics aren't posting about the difference we are seeing without him :greengrin. Re Forster, I posted elsewhere that essentially we are talking about a player with barely more than a couple of dozen games under his belt, yet we are looking for him to make a difference in desperate times. It's great learning for him but not ideal for the club, no way. A fit Hanlon and McPake would be a shoo-in and McPake's leadership qualities in particular would be welcome. If we can't get Hanlon back then it feels like a choice between McPake, Forster and Nelson for two central spots, assuming Maybury stays at RB. I would be happy enough to see him stay there for the play-offs, so it feels like a decision about whether McPake is fit enough and if so, then whether Nelson's experience and hardiness is preferable to Forster's enthusiasm and more natural talent.

McPake and Hanlon

That fantastic pairing in the cup final defeat to them

Still want Hanlon to develop a stronger physical presence as he always gets pushed around and costs is plenty goals

I was delighted how he performed when butcher first arrived as he looked to have developed an aggressive streak and was standing his ground.
Unfortunately he had lapsed again just before he was injured and my worry is he will never maintain it

If he had Forster physical presence and aggression he could be a top player

As for Forster he will flourish beside a good experienced pro... But none of the ones there at present