PDA

View Full Version : Win bonus

Shore Thing
11-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Again we find ourselves facing a vitally important match with a team of players who have mostly been told they have no future at the club.
Should the club offer them a substantial win bonus as a final incentive to win and keep us in the spfl?
How about hand over every penny of gate receipts?

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
The players get a bonus every week. They get a substantial amount of cash for absolutely nothing.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
The gate receipts won't be ours to hand over.

Boyle89
11-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Again we find ourselves facing a vitally important match with a team of players who have mostly been told they have no future at the club.
Should the club offer them a substantial win bonus as a final incentive to win and keep us in the spfl?
How about they donate their wages to charity as they don't deserve them! I get what you're saying and I rekon RP will put some sort of financial incentive in place.

Shore Thing
11-05-2014, 10:08 PM
I hope something is in place, after the stories about fall outs and bickering over bonuses before the final, 2 years ago.
should've said 'our share' of the gate receipts.

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 10:16 PM
I`m hurting as much as any Hibernian fan now but think the idea that players don`t care about anything except cash is unfair . Present squad is far from perfect but in general Fenlon`s squad have always showed motivation and one of three signings Butcher has made so far who plays regularly looks motivated . Lack of effort or commitment is not the problem with current squad .

wookie70
11-05-2014, 10:20 PM
They don't deserve it but I would offer anyone who is stripped for the play off games a very generous bonus if we manage to stay up. I would do it now so they work hard in training to get picked and I would also publicise it so the opposition players might start to want a bonus and may create a bit of unrest. If we win it will definitely be worth it and if we lose it costs us nothing. We could use the money we should have used in securing a player that can score goals in the January window.

Onceinawhile
11-05-2014, 10:23 PM
The bonus will be not needing to have their cars moved at half time.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 10:34 PM
I hope something is in place, after the stories about fall outs and bickering over bonuses before the final, 2 years ago.
should've said 'our share' of the gate receipts.

For real?!

Gettin' Auld
12-05-2014, 05:26 AM
There are quite a few things that those players deserve........A bonus isn't one of them.

Shore Thing
12-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I agree with Iberian - "Lack of effort or commitment is not the problem with current squad .", certainly since the split.
I do think the squad care about more than just money.
For me, anything that gives the players that extra ounce of energy to bundle the ball over the line (or burst the net from 30 yards:) is worth it.
The sight of a pile of used 20s in the dressing room might help?
Nothing to lose.
GGTTH!

Steve-O
12-05-2014, 08:14 AM
They should be fined for having us in this position, never mind getting a f-ing bonus.

Waxy
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM
If they wont play for the club, manager or the fans then yes, offer them a big financial incentive.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I agree with Iberian - "Lack of effort or commitment is not the problem with current squad .", certainly since the split.
For me, anything that gives the players that extra ounce of energy to bundle the ball over the line (or burst the net from 30 yards:) is worth it.
Nothing to lose.
GGTTH!

They shouldn't need more money to get that "extra ounce" of energy.

That "extra ounce" of energy should be there anyway. Otherwise they're not giving it everything.

Waxy
12-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Morals are out the window here. We know they Shouldnt need an incentive and they should try and get us out of this because they put us here.
The reality is it doesn't really affect the players if we go down. Some have contracts and others will be going elsewhere.

Gettin' Auld
12-05-2014, 10:35 AM

That "extra ounce" of energy should be there anyway. Otherwise they're not giving it everything.

:top marks

macca70
12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Well we have 17 Win Bonuses stored up, that haven't had to be paid.

If majority of them are away and Professional Pride isn't enough to motivate them then a decent Win Bonus needs to be put up.

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 11:56 AM

It wouldn't matter if they were on £25k a player to win the play-off, this team is only taking us one place and that is in to the Championship.

Losers.

Michael
12-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Yes. And a Rolls Royce for every goal.

bobbyhibs1983
12-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Morals are out the window here. We know they Shouldnt need an incentive and they should try and get us out of this because they put us here.
The reality is it doesn't really affect the players if we go down. Some have contracts and others will be going elsewhere.

very well put waxy.I tihnk what should be said to the players rather than any extra incentive is this

Ok lads, now some of you will be here season, do you wanna play against the ebst players in scotland or a second teir?

for the players going elsewhere, some of you will be leaving us. do you want it on YOU record that YOU were part of a team that GOT relegated/LOst a play off?

12-05-2014, 04:34 PM
The players shouldn't have to be bribed with money etc. I would like to hope they have enough proffessional and personal pride to want to do everything they can to stay up. Regardless of whether or not they are away in the summer, they should be giving absolutely everything to keep hibs in the SPL. After all the support we have given them this season despite them being absolutely rank rotten they owe it to the fans.

What has it come to when we actually have to bribe our players to be 100% committed to winning. Anyone in that team that doesn't care or needs to have the incentive of money to give 100% should be the first out the door IMO. Like i say, if they have any degree of personal and proffesional pride at all then they will be giving absolutely everything to stay up regardless of whether theres a bonus at stake or they are playing for nothing because quite frankly relegation is none other than a complete embarrassment.

R'Albin
12-05-2014, 04:42 PM

You're right that it should be, but it isn't. I don't think anybody is suggesting that the players deserve a reward, however we should be doing absolutely everything we can to ensure we're an SPL team next season and if offering them financial awards is what it takes then the club should do it.

Bristolhibby
12-05-2014, 04:44 PM

This. Pay them the money, fall over the line. Then they can GTF.

Survive us the name of the game.

Going down would be a disaster for our club.

J

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
A win bonus? How about they play these two matches for free by way of an apology, donating their wage to Leith Links, for example? It's because they haven't earned a win bonus since February that we're in this mess.

A win bonus????

southsider
12-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Nothing to lose.
GGTTH!
I suggested this a few weeks back and took some stick for it but it just might save us from going down. Once the dust has settled fine each player his win bonus for getting us into this mess. Simple eh ?