PDA

View Full Version : Who would you prefer?

11-05-2014, 07:25 PM
To play in the play offs. Hamilton or Falkirk?

Not much between the teams. I reckon Falkirk will be wanting a bit of revenge after last years semi final.

Smiggy 7-0
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Not much between the teams. I reckon Falkirk will be wanting a bit of revenge after last years semi final. Doesn't matter who it is either of them will be up for it, let's hope for a change our lot are.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Honestly have no preference - Hamilton scored more goals in their last league game than we have managed since 18 January. If Falkirk beat them then they will be buoyant, scoring goals, and out for revenge from last year.

Broken Gnome
11-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Not much between the teams. I reckon Falkirk will be wanting a bit of revenge after last years semi final.

That took us around 70 minutes to peg back a three goal handicap.

Wouldn't recommend it this time. Would now take us around seven weeks to do it.

Nor would you fancy a team that can score ten in one game. That said, we're not losing games heavily so you would think (hopefully) the tie's alive by the second leg. And if we put a first division side under the same pressure we put both Partick and Kilmarnock in spells and get a bit of luck, you would think we'd be able to force at least one in.

There is a lot of optimistic thinking in this post, admittedly.

Mr White
11-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Falkirk will want revenge for last years semifinal but youthful inexperience would hopefully count against them and it would be their 5th and 6th games since their league finished. Hamilton have MAC and Jason Scotland and that particular script worries me.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Only twice this season have we won a game after going behind (both under Fenlon). We need to score first in the first leg, whoever we play.

Diclonius
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Falkirk. They'll be tired as **** from playing four games which is about the only thing we'll have going for us.

Also, if Mickael Antoine-Curier sends us down I think we can all just give up now.

eastterrace
11-05-2014, 07:35 PM
would prefer falkirk, as we have a good record against them, dont fancy hamilton as big antione will come back and haunt us. i not confident on either as they will score against us , so will we score and im not sure about that.

stantonhibby
11-05-2014, 07:36 PM

My Falkirk supporting pal says that Falkirk were knackered at the final whistle yesterday and if they beat Accies reckons we would have a really good chance against them. He does think they will lose to Accies and we will find it really tough against them.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Think we may get slightly more tickets for Hamilton away

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Falkirk would probably fill South Stand , Hamilton not even half and that is a lot of money if we have to pay off manager . Ideally there`ll be extra time ( not penalties since winner will be confident of winning penalties against us ) so our opponent is knackered .

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
I would rather play Hamilton.

I think both teams are capable of sending us down but, coming from Falkirk, I really couldn't bear it if we were relegated by Falkirk.

I don't know any Hamilton fans.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-05-2014, 08:41 PM
My Raith supporting mate has been warning me about Hamilton for weeks now. Says they're by far the best side he has seen this season. He was at all 4 games between the sides and said they played them off the park each time. I remember exactly a week after Raith knocked us out the SC, they were 0-4 down by ht at home to Hamilton.

I defo want Falkirk, not that I'm confident of beating either tbh

Callum_62
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Not particulary confident of beating either

i do think if we put the same amount of pressure of a 1st div side as we have in the past few weeks, we should notch a couple of goals

Added bonus, that we should have a fitter Robertson, Heffernan, Mcpake and hopefully Thommo available for this tie

And Paul Hanlon??

Worryingly, Killie hardly had an attack on weekend...but scored 1, had one chopped off (and that was very borderline), plus Boyd couldvce scored with a header near the end

Basically every attack they almost, or did score.

ekhibee
11-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I can remember the last time we were involved in a play-off, when we came from behind to beat Airdrie at Broadwood. Kirkwood missed a penalty for them. Paul Tosh scored at least 1 of the goals that saved us that day. He wasn't the greatest player by any means, but it did save us that season, although we were relegated the next season I think.

HibbyAndy
11-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I can remember the last time we were involved in a play-off, when we came from behind to beat Airdrie at Broadwood. Kirkwood missed a penalty for them. Paul Tosh scored at least 1 of the goals that saved us that day. He wasn't the greatest player by any means, but it did save us that season, although we were relegated the next season I think.

Indeed. Alex Miller left and we got relegated.

BTW Darren Jackson kept us up.

yeezus.
11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Not confident about beating either but I would rather play Falkirk given the fact that Hamilton put 10 past Morton.

KWJ
11-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Falkirk. They'll be tired as **** from playing four games which is about the only thing we'll have going for us.

This.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Falkirk. It's closer and I think we would take a bigger support than we would if it was Hamilton. By all accounts they'll also be knackered so that's another plus.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 10:09 PM
It makes no difference. Whoever it is, they'll be up for it, while our lot will already have their sunbeds set up in the bahamas.

Onceinawhile
11-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Falkirk. 6 games in 2 weeks is a lot. They aren't as good as hamilton (finished below them in the league) and they would bring a better away support. Pretty sure their away end is bigger too.

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Got to be Falkirk. The front two of Hamilton is quite strong with Scotland and Antione-Curier.

The script would be set for Curier you just know it...

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 10:42 PM
It makes no difference. Whoever it is, they'll be up for it, while our lot will already have their sunbeds set up in the bahamas.

I'll offer to buy the boys a VIP booth at Why Not if they win as a carrot.:cb

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Honestly?.. I do believe we're going down. Should make an interesting season though. Hearts , The Rangers and Falkirk. Makes for a good competative league. Not worried either way. They both have their upsides

boab1875
11-05-2014, 11:00 PM
with the form hamilton are in it really has to be Falkirk. I am struggling to come to terms with the end of this season but we stand a chance I would say against Falkirk (assuming Butcher is punted by then) If not, doesn't matter who beats us

davhibby
11-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I'd say Hamilton. Although they beat Morton heavily they threw away a few chances to pull clear at the top recently while Falkirk barely lost in the last 5 or so games to get back into the title race. Mind you I've seen Hamilton a few times this season and they're a very good team, especially at home on the artificial pitch

Sean1875
12-05-2014, 12:11 AM

Also, if Mickael Antoine-Curier sends us down I think we can all just give up now.

Absolutely terrifying thought.

ekhibee
12-05-2014, 01:27 AM
I'd say Hamilton. Although they beat Morton heavily they threw away a few chances to pull clear at the top recently while Falkirk barely lost in the last 5 or so games to get back into the title race. Mind you I've seen Hamilton a few times this season and they're a very good team, especially at home on the artificial pitch
This. Hamilton blow hot and cold, in the last two weeks of the season they hammered Morton but got gubbed by Dumbarton the week before and that's what they're like. Suppose it depends what Hamilton shows up..

JOD
12-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Living n Falkirk and having been away to Hamilton with Hibs defo take Falkirk. Don't think they will beat Hamilton tho. If it has to be Hamilton then appoint Ian Murray before and we will stay up.