PDA

View Full Version : Should Petrie leave Hibs?

Diclonius
11-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Simple yes/no.

leggeto
11-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I would expect this to be almost unanimous.

Hibbyradge
11-05-2014, 07:17 PM
lol

mca
11-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Once we are Relegated - And angry scenes at Easter road - he will then announce his leaving and the new lady will be in charge.. :wink:

oldbiker
11-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Not sure he should go but he needs different role and one that allows the new leadership to come through at influential board level, Financially he has a good head and has kept us financially safe but his fingers interfere in too many pies that bo@@cks the football up.

If the club was sold it would be different I think

LeithBoozy
11-05-2014, 07:50 PM
F*****g YES.

pontius pilate
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes

147lothian
12-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Go now, enough damage has been done, give the lady her chance, then look back and see how your meant to communicate with the fans

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Absolutely not. We need an ongoing presence from Petrie. Who else could give us the financial stability that he has provided by offering a steadily worsening product with every year that passes, thereby driving away growing numbers of customers and inexorably reducing revenues, so that the product will inevitably continue to get worse?

Actually, I've changed my mind. The answer is Yes. What time is it now? 10 o-clock? Before lunch would be good.

heretoday
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
He should certainly go. As many as possible of the current rotten structure should go.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Yes.

I'm not sure how much blame can be laid at his door for the current mess. I don't think there will ever be agreement on that.

However as someone said on another thread, Petrie has become such a poisonous 'brand' that his continued presence causes problems in itself.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes. Absolutely no doubt.

Elephant Stone
12-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Absolutely not. We need an ongoing presence from Petrie. Who else could give us the financial stability that he has provided by offering a steadily worsening product with every year that passes, thereby driving away growing numbers of customers and inexorably reducing revenues, so that the product will inevitably continue to get worse?

Actually, I've changed my mind. The answer is Yes. What time is it now? 10 o-clock? Before lunch would be good.

Are any of those things actually true? Last season was an improvement on the season before it and our crowds are up, despite losing Oldco- something even successful teams like Motherwell haven't been able to do.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Are any of those things actually true?

Yes. All of it.

Last season was an improvement on the season before it

It would have taken something quite spectacular for it not to be.

our crowds are up, despite losing Oldco

Don't kid yourself. The only reason our crowds went up were due to the Scottish Cup finals. That was it. The club don't have that to bail them out this time and it will show, regardless of the division we find ourselves in.

Elephant Stone
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Yes. All of it.

It would have taken something quite spectacular for it not to be.

Don't kid yourself. The only reason our crowds went up were due to the Scottish Cup finals. That was it. The club don't have that to bail them out this time and it will show, regardless of the division we find ourselves in.

So, in summary, none of it is true. Thanks.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:08 AM
So, in summary, none of it is true. Thanks.

It is true as next season will show. (Lower crowds and another reduction in quality) But you keep burying your head in the sand and continue to defend the indefensible.

Elephant Stone
12-05-2014, 10:11 AM
It is true as next season will show. (Lower crowds and another reduction in quality) But you keep burying your head in the sand and continue to defend the indefensible.

It's quite easy to defend him against things that are simply made up actually. :hilarious

What are you going to do over the summer without Hibs to moan about? I feel sorry for your family, I really do. You are one miserable bore.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:14 AM
It's quite easy to defend him against things that are simply made up actually. :hilarious

What are you going to do over the summer without Hibs to moan about? I feel sorry for your family, I really do. You are one miserable bore.

I have Hibs to thank for that.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2014, 10:14 AM
I keep hearing about what a success Petrie has been balancing the books, do folk who say this take into account the money thts flown out the door in pay offs for how many managers, and pay offs for countless players those crap managers brought to the club.

I'd say that it runs into quite a pretty penny, maybe millions who knows?

Add the FACT the the football club is performing poorly season after season, then i'd say he's not done a very good job at all, when the prime object of EVERYONE at the club has failed.

Just go Rod, just leave the club 100% and let someone else clear up your mess.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I keep hearing about what a success Petrie has been balancing the books, do folk who say this take into account the money thts flown out the door in pay offs for how many managers, and pay offs for countless players those crap managers brought to the club.

Add the FACT the the football club is performing poorly season after season, then i'd say he's not done a very good job at all, when the prime object of EVERYONE at the club has failed.

This.

The only "balancing out" he's been doing is "balancing out" his mistakes by cutting the budget, so he could pay off his mistakes.

Squealing pig
12-05-2014, 10:36 AM
No

Spike Mandela
12-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Whoever has had overall responsibility for footballing matters at director level n th last 4-7 years should definitely be leaving.

So if that is Petrie, then YES.

ekhibee
12-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Despite the fact I've disagreed with virtually every post you've posted recently, particularly regarding Butcher, I actually think you've raised a great point here. The amount of money we've paid towards payoffs for crap managers and hiring new crap managers runs into the hundreds of thousands at the very least I would imagine. It's all very well spending most of the annual budget on infrastructure if there's an end product, and so far there have not been many signs of that at all. All the time this is happening clubs on a similar budget to us, and some with considerably less, seem to be stretching away from us. Some people would say that we have spent as much, if not more than other clubs on players, but considering the amount we have made on selling players on, the likes of Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher and so on, it really must have some fans scratching their heads at the lack of care of the team itself. By that I mean we've become a balancing the books club rather than a football one. Strengthening the team seems to have been last on the list of priorities after everything else for a substantial period of time now,and that's always annoyed me. It costs a lot for fans to go to football these days, people like yourself travel up from England to support Hibs and I travel from the west and have been out of work for over a year now, so we've got extra expenses on top of the £400 season ticket. We would all do it gladly if there was some noticeable improvement in the playing personnel but there hasn't been for some time now. So from that perspective I would definitely say it's time for Petrie to go, but sadly I don't think for a minute that he will.

southsider
12-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes and take Butcher and that muppet Malpas with you.

12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I have to say, I've never really called for Petrie to go before, but for me enough is enough. He has built a fantastic infrastructure for the club with the stadium now complete and the training complex and he has kept the club financially stable thus avoiding the horrendous fates of the huns and hearts but lack of football investment and ambitious has cost us dearly. Little point having a great stadium and state of the art training centre if the team on the park are so poor and not achieving anything that gets the fans coming along.

Time to step aside i'm afraid Rod. We need someone that can get hibernian FC to where we should be in terms of footballing success and I think a change would be refreshing for the club.

ekhibee
12-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I have to say, I've never really called for Petrie to go before, but for me enough is enough. He has built a fantastic infrastructure for the club with the stadium now complete and the training complex and he has kept the club financially stable thus avoiding the horrendous fates of the huns and hearts but lack of football investment and ambitious has cost us dearly. Little point having a great stadium and state of the art training centre if the team on the park are so poor and not achieving anything that gets the fans coming along.

Time to step aside i'm afraid Rod. We need someone that can get hibernian FC to where we should be in terms of footballing success and I think a change would be refreshing for the club.
:top marks

KingFranck
12-05-2014, 05:59 PM
100% yes