PDA

View Full Version : How do we get every Hibby and their dog out to support the Club in the playoffs

VPHIBEE
11-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I am gutted about the situation we now find ourselves in, the same as every other Hibby at the moment. We can all pick over the bones of what has gone wrong, and nobody can blame anyone for feeling like that. I too am bemused about how we have got into this situation. some of Terry's team selections, and failure to make changes when a plan is not working etc are baffling. The players have been woeful. We did not buy the striker we needed in Jan, did Ron say no etc etc etc..

That is all negative stuff, which until the play off result is final is unimportant. What we all need to do now is come out and support the club through these next two play off games. This is not a vote for the chairman, the players or the management team. This is a vote for Hibernian FC. The club that we all love needs all the help it can get, to get us through the season, and retain our place in the top league. If that means cheering on those responsible for getting us in this position in the first place, so be it.

Ask every Hibby you know to get along to these games if at all possible. Getting relegated any year is a disaster for a club like us. Getting relegated this year when the Huns and them are in that league is even worse.

GGTTH

Waxy
11-05-2014, 06:56 PM
It'll be a sell out. We are hibbys and we are all gutted about yesterday, but we have one more chance to save ourselves and 99% of us will get back behind the players for the playoff

marinello59
11-05-2014, 07:00 PM
We could shout 'Walkies'

I'm_cabbaged
11-05-2014, 07:02 PM
We could shout 'Walkies'

Roll over would maybe be more apt for us ;-)

Sammy7nil
12-05-2014, 11:19 AM
It'll be a sell out. We are hibbys and we are all gutted about yesterday, but we have one more chance to save ourselves and 99% of us will get back behind the players for the playoff

I agree but only if the price right :wink:
£15 for Adults and £5 for kids anymore and we will struggle to sell out

Mathias Jack
12-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Keeping the prices at £15 and £5 would be a start. The fact of the matter is, folk that haven't been there all season, probably won't turn out for a relegation play off. They'll probably watch it on BT Sport. And can you blame them?

However, I'll be doing my bit and going to both legs! GGTTH!

:flag:

Lang Toun Hibs
12-05-2014, 11:41 AM

Absolutely agree...it's what we do. I'll be there whatever. Blind loyalty/faith etc but they're my team, my club through thick and all too often thin!

Glory Glory!

HFC07
12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Letting us all in for NOTHING would be better, after paying to watch that dross all season.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 11:48 AM
We'll easily sell our allocation for the away game.

Think expecting a sell out for the home leg is optimistic though. Saturday was to all intents and purposes a 'play off' game and we got just over 15000 with a good away support. I'd say Hamilton or Falkirk would get close to selling out the away end and about the same number of Hibs fans as Saturday so about 16/17K.

JimBHibees
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Think expecting a sell out for the home leg is optimistic though. Saturday was to all intents and purposes a 'play off' game and we got just over 15000 with a good away support. I'd say Hamilton or Falkirk would get close to selling out the away end and about the same number of Hibs fans as Saturday so about 16/17K.

I would be very surprised if Hamilton had more than 2k. Falkirk I could see getting close to filling the South stand.

I think the best way would be for existing season tickets to be able to be used as basically it is the same league season the game is in, not a separate competition such as a cup. To not do this at a time when fans are a little miffed at the club would be IMO PR suicide.

Bristolhibby
12-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Well I've booked a flight Heathrow to Edinburgh on Sunday morning.

Back on the last flight down.

I've made the effort for semis and finals and feel I have to make the effort for what IMHO is the most important game in my living memory.

This is not the case of winning somthing, as not losing somthing.

J

wearethehibs
12-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Really £15 and £5.

If they really want fans to show up in our numbers Id say £5 and £1.

ALF TUPPER
12-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I think it will be a near sell out. Despite our grievances with individuals at the Club, and among ourselves at times on these boards, I've no doubt we will gather and support the guys. Its the Hibs way .

GGTTH

Malthibby
12-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Have to be there & just don't understand the concept of not being there.

I would much rather survey the wreckage of this season after helping Hibs stay in the Premier
than give up now. The players need to turn up and perform, so we really need the law of averages to kick in
but a full on away support and a capacity ER will help. That's our job.
GG

Lucius Apuleius
12-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I'll be in the land of the Paddys for the 2nd leg unfortunately.

kennyh
12-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Falkirk V Accies tomorrow is £12 adults and kids are free.

According to the Accies Forum the home team gets about 40% of the gate money with the rest going to the League. I expect the League will dictate the price policy for our game not Hibs.
Accies League games are £16 so a 25% reduction for the play offs, if that was replicated the following week it should be £16/£17 but I cant imagine them allowing all kids in for free.

Hibernia&Alba
12-05-2014, 01:37 PM
We shouldn't be in this awful position, so the club shouldn't be making money from it.

ST holders - free entry

Walk ups - maximum of a tenner for adults, nominal for kids.

Sumner
12-05-2014, 02:03 PM
We shouldn't be in this awful position, so the club shouldn't be making money from it.

ST holders - free entry

EXACTLY.. Petrie take note !

Nando™
12-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Absolutely ***** all chance I'll be missing either of these games. These games are as big as cup finals at the moment, the prospect of having to manoeuvre past both the cheats next season is unthinkable.

I'll be doing all I can to encourage this mob over the line.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone think we will sell out ER if we are still in it come the 2nd leg?

SlickShoes
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Anyone think we will sell out ER if we are still in it come the 2nd leg?

That is my biggest worry leading in to this, I will be going to one of the games ( all i can afford ) not sure which one it will be yet though.

pennyhibee
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Nando™;4010274]Absolutely ***** all chance I'll be missing either of these games. These games are as big as cup finals at the moment, the prospect of having to manoeuvre past both the cheats next season is unthinkable.
t
I'll be doing all I can to encourage this mob over the line.[/QUOTE

I have been following Hibs since 1963 and although I don't keep the best of health now I will be there because after everything I still want the best for the club

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I am gutted about the situation we now find ourselves in, the same as every other Hibby at the moment. We can all pick over the bones of what has gone wrong, and nobody can blame anyone for feeling like that. I too am bemused about how we have got into this situation. some of Terry's team selections, and failure to make changes when a plan is not working etc are baffling. The players have been woeful. We did not buy the striker we needed in Jan, did Ron say no etc etc etc..

That is all negative stuff, which until the play off result is final is unimportant. What we all need to do now is come out and support the club through these next two play off games. This is not a vote for the chairman, the players or the management team. This is a vote for Hibernian FC. The club that we all love needs all the help it can get, to get us through the season, and retain our place in the top league. If that means cheering on those responsible for getting us in this position in the first place, so be it.

Ask every Hibby you know to get along to these games if at all possible. Getting relegated any year is a disaster for a club like us. Getting relegated this year when the Huns and them are in that league is even worse.

GGTTH

For a start they need to be letting ST holders in for a token fee of £5. Walk ups £10. OAP & kids £2

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Strangely enough there might not be enough tickets to go round for everyone who wants to go to the away game.

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 04:05 PM
The Hibs fans will turn out in big numbers home and away there is no doubt about that, as long as we are still in it for the second leg, it's not the fans we need to worry about not turning up.

Just for once we need the players to turn up for a change and defend well and learn to start scoring goals and we will have a chance, don't do these things and it is relegation, simple as that.

12-05-2014, 04:08 PM

ST holders - free entry

Totally agree :agree:

Given we have suffered horribly this season, it would be a good gesture from the club.

Either way though i'll be there :flag:

Gustavo Fring
12-05-2014, 04:25 PM
il be at the midweek game but asked for the sunday off and got told to bolt , the boss is a ****bo so no surprises there

weonlywon6-2
12-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Keeping the prices at £15 and £5 would be a start. The fact of the matter is, folk that haven't been there all season, probably won't turn out for a relegation play off. They'll probably watch it on BT Sport. And can you blame them?

However, I'll be doing my bit and going to both legs! GGTTH!

I hope to go to both legs as well but away end at hamilton is small ,not sure about falkirk though

hibee_nation
12-05-2014, 05:49 PM
You can be sure whoever we are playing will give us the minimum they can, they will not want a big noisy Hibs support there. Think the pricing of the home tie will be out of our hands. Lets hope the players turn up too.